Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison (25753 Views)

EFCC Confirms Moves To Extradite Diezani Alison-madueke / Charly Boy & OurMumuDonDo Protesters Storm EFCC, Ask FG To Extradite Diezani / Delta Paid Ibori N250m In UK Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 22, 2016
Sibrah:
This man luck don cast finish.
Why did UK had to release you to Buhari of all people?
I guess the UK government purposely want ibori dead.. lol
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 22, 2016
papertrail:
I am an Isoko man and i love my odidigboigbo 1 of the world,before he came to power, we were going to other states to school but he established and build Delta state polytechnic Ozoro,Delta state Polytechnic Ogwashi-uku,Delta state polytechnic Oghara.He established Delta state teaching hospital Oghara which has one of the best modern facilities.There was no stadium in Delta state before, he build warri stadium,oghara stadium,ughelli stadium,Asaba stadium,Oleh stadium,Kwale stadium.There was no road to the Ijaw villages before you must spend hours by speed boat to get there,but he build the longest bridge to link the Ijaws to land and open development there.He build a Patani bridge,Elume second bride,Mosogar bridge.My street road was constructed in 2002 with drainage..........Now ask Uduaghan and idiot Okowa what they have done for us since Ibori left power.Yes he stole,but we are going to CELEBRATE HIM LIKE THE YORUBAS CELEBRATE TINUBU AND OBJ,LIKE THE HAUSAS CELEBRATE ATIKU AND TY DANJUMA. He stole our money not yours......WE LOVE IBORI

Bros! Migwo for this!! We over love am sef...

4 Likes

Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by drnoel: 10:53am On Dec 22, 2016
SkytrendNews:

However, all attempts to arrest the ex-governor proved abortive as the 40 policemen guarding him at his country home in Oghara, Delta State, refused to allow the EFCC to arrest him.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/ibori-freed-fg-begins-ex-delta-governors-extradition-process/amp/?client=ms-android-tecno

Pls am I the only person who finds this statement hilarious and a lie
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by Boyooosa(m): 10:53am On Dec 22, 2016
Dat 2nd pix tho.... and they will still do jungle justice to a petty thief. Hypocrisy!
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by Image123(m): 10:58am On Dec 22, 2016
The saddest part of the write-up is the quote "Joyous youths sang in Ibo along Nnebisi Road, Summit Junction,
Okpanam Road and Anwai Road, where they danced to Asaba
drum beats, thereby causing serious gridlock."
Why many Ibo youths cut their noses to spite their faces beats me. Ibori is in charge of the the Delta state government and of the militants in the region. He's better off dead, than being a clog that he's about to be.
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by darknetcom: 11:03am On Dec 22, 2016
HungerBAD:
Good.

But one confusing part of the story,and I want those in the know to help me out here. Is James Ibori not a British Citizen? I am about 98% sure he is,via marriage to his wife who is British by birth and they both lived in England for years as a couple.

So,can the Nigerian Government force the British Government to send Ibori back to Nigeria?considering the fact he is British too?

then we will trial him as a british citizen for his past crimes...

crimes never expire...

we will put him under arrest in nigeria the way we did with kanu...

nigeria is not a zoo...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by babooshka: 11:03am On Dec 22, 2016
nairaman66:
The FG should cut this dude some slack! Is he the only one who stole? Ibori singing "man of constant sorrow" by the soggy bottom boys as we speak!!
just listen 2 urself. Cut him some slack dat he had a ryt 2 steal, and contribute 2 this recession dat we're all facing. He might not be d only one, but he's a good starting point. If we cut them all slacks like u r implying by extension, cos each person caught is not d only one, who then answers 4 d corruption U?
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by drnoel: 11:03am On Dec 22, 2016
HungerBAD:
Good.

But one confusing part of the story,and I want those in the know to help me out here. Is James Ibori not a British Citizen? I am about 98% sure he is,via marriage to his wife who is British by birth and they both lived in England for years as a couple.

So,can the Nigerian Government force the British Government to send Ibori back to Nigeria?considering the fact he is British too?

Britain reserves the right to withdraw its citizenship from any citizens found in their own opinion found wanting. Ibori has fulfiled those ground remarkably well, embarrassing both Nigeria and Britain. For the to be suggesting deportation it only means they have withdrawn his British passport and Ibori no longer has dual nationality but only his Nigerian one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by grodt999: 11:03am On Dec 22, 2016
HungerBAD:
Good.

Your matter tire me,

A WHITE BRITISH person who is not even dual national of Nigeria can be sent to Nigeria or any other countries that Britain has extradition treaty with.

America and other countries regularly make extradition request to the UK for British born citizens let alone naturalized ones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by babooshka: 11:05am On Dec 22, 2016
Biafman:
Yourbas and bad belle, see their Lagos-Ibadan-Express junk journalism piece starting their own fight against Ibori.
u really want 2 make this an igbo-yoruba thing?!? When r u going 2 av sense?
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by BraniacX(m): 11:07am On Dec 22, 2016
Hypocrisy is when afonja's who praise thief-nubu and the minister of darkness after bleeding and fleecing lagos into perennial indebtedness, mai gworo's who vouch for buratai's honesty come here to call ibori a thief! grin of course he is a thief! Which Nigerian politrickcian isn't? undecided

But asides being a thief, he is so much more to us deltans! He represents who we are when faced with opposition! Savvy, unyielding and daring! cool

While your past sins still dog you ibori, you're still a man of the grassroots, take your punishments in typical strong willed fashion and work with the PDP in the south-south and show these ass-licking reprobates from those other part of Nigerian what a typical south southerner will do when confronted! The south west has rolled over, the south east is faltering, we the south southerners will show these fulanis that there is steel and will in our backbones!

Chai! But you should never have opposed one of your own Jonathan! I regret that on your behalf! How i wish you two could work together! It would warm our hearts immensely

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by Rozaystunna(m): 11:08am On Dec 22, 2016
undecided

Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by solexybadoo: 11:09am On Dec 22, 2016
GOFRONT:
40 Policemen guardin Only one man.......It makes me think that these Men wil sooo much Steal our Country money to the point that they feel they are Synonymous to Money itself...i.e Wen u see dem, U hav seen money. When a kidnapper kidnap dem, they feel they hav Kidnapp money.

Everytin happens for a Reazon.......Let me tel us d reason why doz youths are Jubilatin for James....Fine...like I said earlier, Wen a politician so much steal money, he begins to look like money. When u see him, u need no soothsayer to tel u his in money. Infact his political status alone is Ok. Now as a human being, We all Love money. Evrybody, even a nursery 1 kid. Even old granny love money.

So wen u love money and see a politician who is comin like a money, what do u do??....U protect him, u throw EncoMinum at him, Even wen d money he stole was d money u were supposed to use and solve ur present predicament, u might even wonna die for him....But wen they see a wretched poor aged man, they neva throw encomium, they rather tag him a Wizard and they tend to descend on him beat him up....D case of Lokoja Oldman comes to mind??...Rememba d power of money...

Even if I can't see hope in d future of our Young generation in Pilotin d affairs of this country, with d kind of attitude we d youth display, HOW can we Ever be d LEADER of 2MoRo
u are not making sense
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by BraniacX(m): 11:14am On Dec 22, 2016
babooshka:
just listen 2 urself. Cut him some slack dat he had a ryt 2 steal, and contribute 2 this recession dat we're all facing. He might not be d only one, but he's a good starting point. If we cut them all slacks like u r implying by extension, cos each person caught is not d only one, who then answers 4 d corruption U?

Are you high on fermented gworro? undecided

Contributed to what recession?

Oh i see!

The same way thief-nubu, fashola and ambode did/are doing by fleecing lagos abi?
The same way babachir did by cutting grass for N500mill and buratai by saving $200mill in four years from his military salary by waving a wand to multiply it abi? The same way buhari collected his statutory allocations as a former H.O.S in cash and kind from dasuki's office of the N.S.A abi?

I get your point now wink

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by Livefreeordieha(m): 11:33am On Dec 22, 2016
REALLY?ANSWER WHICH CASE?APC AND EFCC ARE REALLY DULL AND STUPID...LOOK ALL THE PEOPLE YOU HAVE HERE TO PROSECUTE YOU HAVENT YOU WANT TO BARK ON A MAN WHO DOESNT EVEN HAVE YOUR TIME..?PLS DONT MAKE A MOCKERY OF YOURSELF OR CAUSE UNWANTED CHAOS IN THE POLITY OR MEDIA...IMPRESS US FIRST BY PROSECUTING THE ONES POINTED OUT TO HERE FIRST IN NIGERIAN UNDER YOUR NOSE..B4 LOOKING ACROSS THE NATION...WHEN REEKADO BANKS ASKED CANT A MAN MARRY A WOMAN TWICE YOU SAY?HE WASNT TALKING OF A MAN WITHOUT PENIS..I HAVE SPOKEN MY MIND JARE..NEXT NEWS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SkytrendNews:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/ibori-freed-fg-begins-ex-delta-governors-extradition-process/amp/?client=ms-android-tecno
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by willyo(m): 11:37am On Dec 22, 2016
chuchu69:
grin

Halftime don finish

U enjoyed enuf ball possession in uk (halftime)

Second half begins here in 9ja

U nvr see anytn oo

Bigotry got u blinded. At least ur conscience can pass a better judgment on that... U know too well he never stole from u. He stole from us and we still rever him. It's our money not yours.
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by nasoweseeam: 11:42am On Dec 22, 2016

3 Likes

Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by Tculest: 11:50am On Dec 22, 2016
SKYTREND:

Is Buhari fighting Corruption?
. No. He is fighting ur family
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by AfroBlue(m): 11:51am On Dec 22, 2016
The story reads very much like the UK government is sympathetic and in cahoots with dis bandit.
Out of prison (real early) and free to go home and live in luxury under the pretext of wanting to collect 18m before extraditing him back to Nigeria?
I'm calling this b.s. and collusion with 9ja looters that stash in the UK.
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by Alphasoar(m): 11:52am On Dec 22, 2016
Abeg someone should help us beg them to concentrate here and fix Nigeria s economy for us. huh!
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by IYANGBALI: 11:54am On Dec 22, 2016
he have chop burger there,time for him to come home and eat beans
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by Mansason: 12:00pm On Dec 22, 2016
The way morality has eroded in this country is too just amazing. Many Nigerians (not all) deserve the situation the country is in.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by omonnakoda: 12:00pm On Dec 22, 2016
ephi123:

According to the Guardian:
The home secretary can revoke the British citizenship of dual nationals and some foreign-born Britons whom she deems to be a national security risk. Since 2010, 28 people have lost their UK citizenship in this way.
I do not think that fully answers the question. Are you saying British nationals cannot be extradited to Nigeria
Are you saying for dual nationals the can only be extradited AFTER their Britich citizenship is revoked?
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by chijiblaze(m): 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2016
papertrail:
I am an Isoko man and i love my odidigboigbo 1 of the world,before he came to power, we were going to other states to school but he established and build Delta state polytechnic Ozoro,Delta state Polytechnic Ogwashi-uku,Delta state polytechnic Oghara.He established Delta state teaching hospital Oghara which has one of the best modern facilities.There was no stadium in Delta state before, he build warri stadium,oghara stadium,ughelli stadium,Asaba stadium,Oleh stadium,Kwale stadium.There was no road to the Ijaw villages before you must spend hours by speed boat to get there,but he build the longest bridge to link the Ijaws to land and open development there.He build a Patani bridge,Elume second bride,Mosogar bridge.My street road was constructed in 2002 with drainage..........Now ask Uduaghan and idiot Okowa what they have done for us since Ibori left power.Yes he stole,but we are going to CELEBRATE HIM LIKE THE YORUBAS CELEBRATE TINUBU AND OBJ,LIKE THE HAUSAS CELEBRATE ATIKU AND TY DANJUMA. He stole our money not yours......WE LOVE IBORI

What does this have to do with Igbo?
What makes Ibori Igbo?
Why should you give that guy a name that has Igbo in it? Don't you have another?
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by emmydollars4life(m): 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2016
Sibrah:
This man luck don cast finish.
Why did UK had to release you to Buhari of all people?
Jonathan fight ibori, if am reading well by using EFCC, why can't Buhari fight tinubu, Amaechi, Fashola etc, Jonathan and Ibori belong to the same party PDP, But now Buhari want them to release him to his Administration for we to hail him, mark my word, when we will check score card you will find out that Jonathan fight corruption more than Buhari but Buhari is a noise maker.
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by Sibrah: 12:15pm On Dec 22, 2016
emmydollars4life:

Jonathan fight ibori, if am reading well by using EFCC, why can't Buhari fight tinubu, Amaechi, Fashola etc, Jonathan and Ibori belong to the same party PDP, But now Buhari want them to release him to his Administration for we to hail him, mark my word, when we will check score card you will find out that Jonathan fight corruption more than Buhari but Buhari is a noise maker.
OBJ fought Ibori. Ribadu extended it.
Why did GEJ resort to stealing N2.1bn via Dasuki to tarnish Tinubu's Image if Tinubu was truly a theif? Think beyond tribal bonds that don't help you brother . . .
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by ephi123(f): 12:18pm On Dec 22, 2016
omonnakoda:
I do not think that fully answers the question. Are you saying British nationals cannot be extradited to Nigeria
Are you saying for dual nationals the can only be extradited AFTER their Britich citizenship is revoked?

I only stated an option which is his British citizenship COULD have been revoked. That does not imply that he can't still be extradited if it wasn't, it all depends on where he committed the crime and what the agreement is between the two countries.

Extradition of UK Nationals
The UK will, as a matter of policy, extradite its own nationals, providing no bars to extradition apply.
Some countries are not permitted to extradite their own nationals, but usually have provisions in place that mean that although they will not extradite their own nationals, they may be prepared to prosecute them.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/extradition-processes-and-review
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by emmydollars4life(m): 12:19pm On Dec 22, 2016
DONSMITH123:
Sentiments apart. Ibori still has people loyal to him. He is the one controlling Delta state. Oduaghan and Okowa serves under him and their loyalty to him is not in doubt. Al-Mustapha and Ibori has worked together. Goodluck should be ready..............

Ibori the gladiator..Welcome back bro. In Urhobo i greet you "Migwor"

Is Ibori case different from Kalu? Is Kalu not in APC?

I just dey observe
is Buhari searching for the corrupt politicians ? while he eat, drink and laugh with them, tinubu is worst than Ibori, Amaechi, Rochas, Fashola , his SGF, Even he is using a corrupt man to fight corruption (MAGU)
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by smileyoo: 2:11pm On Dec 22, 2016
nigeria has lost her moral compass. Ibori 'll definitely come home if he wish. Apc 'll see him, as an asset, to penetrate ss, given his popularity among his people. forget about the so called fight against corruption. his gbege starts immediately he refuse to join apc. being a man that need state pardon, & want some normal life,after many yrs in jail, ibori 'll surely join the ruling party.
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by AngelicBeing: 3:28pm On Dec 22, 2016
ephi123:
Bloody thief, and true to nature some Nigerians are already supporting him. What a nation!
True sad
Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by emmydollars4life(m): 3:28pm On Dec 22, 2016
Sibrah:
OBJ fought Ibori. Ribadu extended it.
Why did GEJ resort to stealing N2.1bn via Dasuki to tarnish Tinubu's Image if Tinubu was truly a theif? Think beyond tribal bonds that don't help you brother . . .
And Buhari did his own through SGF and you are still standing.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison by entrepreneurmic: 4:32pm On Dec 22, 2016
Mrdecent:
double wahaala for deadybody
FROM FRYING PAN TO FIRE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Former Judge, Businessmen… Dead Persons Who ‘signed’ Melaye’s Recall Register / Nabena: Lai Mohammed, Gang Will Be Exposed. Whatever He Says Is Considered A Lie / Gumi On Afaka Students, RCCG Members Abduction: I’m Not A Negotiator For Bandits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.