Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

The Significances Of Christmas - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Significances Of Christmas (4951 Views)

Fun Pictures Of Christmas Celebration In Anambra / Muslim Woman Decorates Pastor’s House Ahead Of Christmas In Kaduna. Photo / "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Significances Of Christmas by LadyAnn(f): 7:37am On Dec 25, 2016
Addicted2Women:

Religion is a scam

God created the first human which were Adam and Eve and they gave birth to Cain and Abel, Cain and Abel married and had children, who the fucck did they marry ?? Their mother ??

Jesus was born through immaculate conception

The holy spirit just made a woman become pregnant

His pictures can't be found, his birth record can't be found

Oh, the picture they show you claiming he's Jesus was taken 4000 years ago with an iPhone 7

He walked on water, feed 5 thousand people with 5 loaves of bread but couldn't handle three nails on the cross

Can you just go tell this lie to primary school kids

You're absolutely unbelievable. It's a Christian holiday. Show some respect and keep your opinions for another day... Your post is very offensive... Christianity is a very tolerant religion so you'd probably get away with it but don't take tolerance for weakness.... God is not mocked.

3 Likes

Re: The Significances Of Christmas by LadyAnn(f): 7:39am On Dec 25, 2016
Freaking Atheists do my bloody head in....
Find another religion to pick on... Mtchewwwwww embarassed
Re: The Significances Of Christmas by freshcvvs: 7:40am On Dec 25, 2016
Shortyy:
Worst Christmas ever in the history of Christmases

To you shey? Eeya

No one can kill your joy without your permission.
Re: The Significances Of Christmas by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 25, 2016
LadyAnn:
Freaking Atheists do my bloody head in....
Find another religion to pick on... Mtchewwwwww embarassed
leave those atheists,we know them for tackling the christians only and spare our opposite religious.I DON'T KNOW WHY.do you?
Re: The Significances Of Christmas by HerexG(m): 7:42am On Dec 25, 2016
lonelydora:

But those mountains and seas weren't man-made. Explain this.

The mountains and hills are mere landmark which has been in existence over time, for instance i could pick Olumo Rock as a symbol of the Ogun traditional belief.

2 Likes

Re: The Significances Of Christmas by gidjah(m): 7:44am On Dec 25, 2016
merry Christmas and a glorious One to every true Christian out there.

1 Like

Re: The Significances Of Christmas by lonelydora: 7:47am On Dec 25, 2016
HerexG:

The mountains and hills are mere landmark which has been in existence over time, for instance i could pick Olumo Rock as a symbol of the Ogun traditional belief.

Jesus preached in a boat, crossed some seas and rivers, climbed moutains. Remember all these happened before the bible was recoreded.

1 Like

Re: The Significances Of Christmas by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 25, 2016
You can pick the god that cannot speak
HerexG:

Re: The Significances Of Christmas by HerexG(m): 7:59am On Dec 25, 2016
Atayis:
You can pick the god that cannot speak

Has your god spoken?

1 Like

Re: The Significances Of Christmas by LadyAnn(f): 8:01am On Dec 25, 2016
Atayis:
leave those atheists,we know them for tackling the christians only and spare our opposite religious.I DON'T KNOW WHY.do you?

Because Christianity is the most tolerant religion in society. They target Christians simply because we are an easy walkover. Try that crap on the Muslims and they will rip off their heads... LoL. Christianity is about love, good will toward mankind, loving kindness, warm hearts, and a stretched out hand of tolerance. All the shinning gifts that make peace on earth.
Re: The Significances Of Christmas by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 25, 2016
LadyAnn:

Because Christianity is the most tolerant religion in society. They target Christians simply because we are an easy walkover. Try that crap on the Muslims and they will rip off their heads... LoL. Christianity is about love, good will toward mankind, loving kindness, warm hearts, and a stretched out hand of tolerance. All the shinning gifts that make peace on earth.
you have apparently said it all.thank you

1 Like

Re: The Significances Of Christmas by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 25, 2016
HerexG:

Has your god spoken?
quote from Barigo Diop'just as your ears were deaf to their cries and wild appeals'.even,Gamaliel opposed christianity more than u during his innocent days but he meditated that the persecution might just be fighting God.my brother,repent from ur way today before it is too late
Re: The Significances Of Christmas by LadyAnn(f): 8:06am On Dec 25, 2016
Atayis:
you have apparently said it all.thank you

You're welcome brother. Merry Christmas and a prosperous 2017 to you and family.
Re: The Significances Of Christmas by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 25, 2016
Amen
LadyAnn:

You're welcome brother. Merry Christmas and a prosperous 2017 to you and family.
Re: The Significances Of Christmas by HerexG(m): 8:08am On Dec 25, 2016
Atayis:
quote from Barigo Diop'just as your ears were deaf to their cries and wild appeals'.even,Gamaliel opposed christianity more than u during his innocent days but he meditated that the persecution might just be fighting God.my brother,repent from ur way today before it is too late

You need to come out of your old medieval thinking, this is 21st century my friend

1 Like

Re: The Significances Of Christmas by richme21(m): 8:14am On Dec 25, 2016
I can now feel xmas at d corner due to harmathan...it calls for celebration dohr
Re: The Significances Of Christmas by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 25, 2016
His birth account is different from a mere 'ijapa tiroko'fictional story.let me ask you this question.WHY DO YOU THINK THAT JESUS IS WIDELY ACCEPTED IN THE WORLD?AND WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE MINORITIES THAT ARE OPPOSING HIM
HerexG:

You need to come out of your old medieval thinking, this is 21st century my friend
Re: The Significances Of Christmas by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 25, 2016
Happy xmas to all christian brothers and sisters
Re: The Significances Of Christmas by HerexG(m): 8:22am On Dec 25, 2016
Atayis:
His birth account is different from a mere 'ijapa tiroko'fictional story.let me ask you this question.WHY DO YOU THINK THAT JESUS IS WIDELY ACCEPTED IN THE WORLD?AND WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE MINORITIES THAT ARE OPPOSING HIM

Why do you think false news about a sensitive topic spreads like wild fire?
Re: The Significances Of Christmas by YeyeGirl(f): 8:24am On Dec 25, 2016
lonelydora:

DM your details
Me nkor?? Nid help too... Any amnt wud b appreciated dear!!!

Re: The Significances Of Christmas by Mosminic(m): 8:28am On Dec 25, 2016
[quote author=HerexG post=52237865]

Please Sir can I ask you why you think there's no God
Re: The Significances Of Christmas by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 25, 2016
You must answer mine before i answer yours
HerexG:

Why do you think false news about a sensitive topic spreads like wild fire?
Re: The Significances Of Christmas by Rozaystunna(m): 8:32am On Dec 25, 2016
YeyeGirl:
chaiii 9ja beggars
Re: The Significances Of Christmas by ejimatic: 8:41am On Dec 25, 2016
Why celebrating Christmas when Jesus did not do so and his birth date was not December? Why allowing pagan customs to interfere in Christianity?Is Father Christmas in the Bible? Can any festivity that does not originate in the Bible have approval of God? Jesus never asked christians to observe his birthday .The only remembrance he made compulsory is that of his death (Luke 22:19) Besides, gift giving is a christian practice unrestricted to December 25. (Hebrews 13:1) While everybody's opinion on Christmas is respected, the Bible view on it is still sacrosanct.It is a festival whose origin is not from the Bible but the pagan world

1 Like

Re: The Significances Of Christmas by Agimor(m): 9:08am On Dec 25, 2016
So why is Jehova witness not celebrating Christmas? So many denominations and doctrines that's why the church is not United.
Re: The Significances Of Christmas by idee91: 10:02am On Dec 25, 2016
Whayasay ?

1 Like

Re: The Significances Of Christmas by Ancientboy(m): 11:14am On Dec 25, 2016
Shortyy:
Worst Christmas ever in the history of Christmases
why babe?no money for Rice or chicken?
Re: The Significances Of Christmas by lonelydora: 11:53am On Dec 25, 2016
YeyeGirl:

I no bi Father Christmas ooooo.
Re: The Significances Of Christmas by JustAvo: 12:10pm On Dec 25, 2016
Rozaystunna:
chaiii 9ja beggars
E concern You? #mchew
Re: The Significances Of Christmas by JustAvo: 12:12pm On Dec 25, 2016
YeyeGirl:
Me nkor??

I just PMd you.
Re: The Significances Of Christmas by jozz(m): 2:45pm On Dec 25, 2016
Agimor:
So why is Jehova witness not celebrating Christmas? So many denominations and doctrines that's why the church is not United.

Very Simple. Jehovah's witnesses do not celebrate Christmas because it is a pagan celebration and as such does not enjoy God's blessing and approval. Secondly there are are many denominations and doctrines because teaching of falsehood and demons are preferred over the True teachings of the bible.
Re: The Significances Of Christmas by jozz(m): 2:48pm On Dec 25, 2016
Arguments for and against the Christmas celebration have been on for decades. The main argument against Christmas has been that nowhere in the bible is Christmas mentioned and that Jesus was not born on Dec 25.Proponents of the Christmas celebration on the other hand have argued that while truly there is no evidence of Jesus being born on Dec 25, nevertheless the celebration has a good motive-to honour Jesus.
As you read this article, I want you to consider a more compelling reason to avoid the Christmas celebration-its pagan origin.Have you ever paused to give it a thought: if Christmas was not instituted by Jesus, was unknown among his disciples and the early Christians, where then did the celebration come from?
It is interesting to note that it was not until more than 300 years after Jesus birth that Christendom officially began to observe Christmas on Dec 25. The roots of Christmas can be traced to pagan Rome with its mixture of festivals for honouring the agriculture god Saturn and the sun god Sol Invictus or mithra. The catholic church wanting to strengthen its position, converted the pagan celebration to a christian one.
Anthropologists Christian Ratsch and Claudia Muller-Ebeling coauthors of the book pagan Christmas write :Like many pre-christian customs and beliefs, the old feast commemorating the yearly return of the sun was dedicated to the birth of christ. So if humans can detect the pagan connection of Christmas, the ultimate and most important question we need to ask is :How does God (whose approval we are all striving for) feel about a celebration of pagan origin now dedicated to his son? 2 For 6:14-17 says :What fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have or what sharing does light have with darkness? Quit touching the unclean thing and I will take you in.
Therefore in conclusion the issue of Christmas goes beyond issue of personal choice. The persons we purport to be honouring via Christmas celebration (God and Jesus) are telling us clearly that they are not interested in the celebration,in fact it is offensive to them. Are we more powerful or all knowing than them?
I wish this write up can be moved to front page for the benefit of all)
( Modify) ( Quote ) ( Report) ( Share )
Politics / Re: Rivers Rerun: Riggers Caught In Ikwerre Burst Into Tears. PICS by jozz ( m

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Evidence Would Change Your Present Atheistic Postulations? @ NL Atheists / Shall We Continue In Sin? / Suicidal Muslim Woman Challenged Jesus (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.