Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 (48265 Views)

Beyonce's Brown Skin Girl Song Proves That Pastor Chris Was Right On 'Black' / MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) / Before You Criticise That Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by Khayge: 5:35am On Dec 23, 2016
I believe we all have strong arguments. The base is that I am a Christian. Irrespective of your opinions I still stand my ground. I am not going to tell you I know of the trends of diseases or plagues because I don't.
My Christian brothers n sisters Trying to prove the OP wrong by researching zika, HPV and the others shows how desperate you are. It means you are not even sure of which to hold. And it shows how desperate you are to prove him wrong but each time he comes out strong. It's the same thing Uzzah tried to do... He wanted to help God. If it's God's word, He will defend Himself.
As for the OP and others, it's a strong argument, with proofs, but it's not in your place to judge. Some of your utterances have been very extreme against God and his servants-fake or real. I don't know what you believe in but there are things you don't judge by science. If God has spoken it, He will do it. Sometimes, the way the pastor said it may not be the way we understand it. God sometimes speaks in parable, but m not saying the emergence of a new disease is a parable.
In conclusion, I pray that God will reveal Himself to us all. If you believe in God, ask for mercy for your utterances. And OP, I'll pray that God reveals Himself to you. When He does, please open a thread sharing your testimony. God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by KingsleyCEO: 6:04am On Dec 23, 2016
CatfishBilly:
The New STD That Daddy G.O Of RCCG Promised Us

It's almost the end of the year and we are yet to see the newly minted Sexually Transmitted Disease that Daddy G.O promised us. And no, Ebola doesn't count. Ebola has been sexually transmitted in Africa for years.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/a-new-sexually-transmitted-disease-will-surface-in-2016-adeboye-predicts/

Will you keep quite? If you were expecting it good. But some persons including daddy GO prayed to God to have mercy and it was Averted.
Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by nwamehn: 6:12am On Dec 23, 2016
shaqhead:

Son ur analogy doesnt stand a chance against the position of the World's medical community-even you wouldnt take ur analogy outside nairaland! So pls give it a rest!

One thing we ought to know is that God can give a prophecy and later decide to change his mind, like he did to Hezekiah. But using Zika virus to defend this Adeboye's prophecy is not right.
Adeboye didn't say that an old disease will officially be accepted as STD this year, rather he said that a new STD will surface this year. It then brings us to the question: when does a disease become STD? Is it when it is officially accepted by the medical community as STD or when it is first transmitted sexually?
"John Brooks, a physician who’s leading the sexual transmission section of the CDC’s Zika response, said by phone that the agency had been expecting to add sexual transmission of Zika to the ways the disease can be passed. It has been reported in ten other countries, he said, and in the United States, the known first case of sexual transmission was in 2008".
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/08/zika-florida-travel-sex-cdc/
Zika virus has always been transmitted sexually since years before now according to various medical practitioners, but it was only accepted officially by the medical community as STD this year, how will u then say that Zika virus became STD just in 2016 whereas it was being transmitted sexually since 2008? Abi, is STD not the name we use to address any disease that is transmitted sexually?

Cc felixomor, kodded, sofadj
Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by lawani: 6:19am On Dec 23, 2016
Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by felixomor: 9:40am On Dec 23, 2016
nwamehn:

One thing we ought to know is that God can give a prophecy and later decide to change his mind, like he did to Hezekiah. But using Zika virus to defend this Adeboye's prophecy is not right.
Adeboye didn't say that an old disease will officially be accepted as STD this year, rather he said that a new STD will surface this year. It then brings us to the question: when does a disease become STD? Is it when it is officially accepted by the medical community as STD or when it is first transmitted sexually?
"John Brooks, a physician who’s leading the sexual transmission section of the CDC’s Zika response, said by phone that the agency had been expecting to add sexual transmission of Zika to the ways the disease can be passed. It has been reported in ten other countries, he said, and in the United States, the known first case of sexual transmission was in 2008".
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/08/zika-florida-travel-sex-cdc/
Zika virus has always been transmitted sexually since years before now according to various medical practitioners, but it was only accepted officially by the medical community as STD this year, how will u then say that Zika virus became STD just in 2016 whereas it was being transmitted sexually since 2008? Abi, is STD not the name we use to address any disease that is transmitted sexually?

Cc felixomor, kodded, sofadj

If u read the thread from the start, u will understand the message being passed across was that of an appeal for second thought.
If he had thought about Zika, he may have not opened the thread.
The op has personally re-edited the title of the thread 3 times, when he realized his goof.

And then for ur explanation, its quite wrong.
You dont have any evidence that zika has been an STD.
You are trying to rubbish the importance of due process .
Going your way, i could as well say hiv aids and in fact any other diseases has been in existence since Adam and Eve. And that they were only discovered in the later part of last century. And then argue in cycles.

You and I know that's wrong.
It's a new STD, and thats all.

The thread is not well thought-out.

Shalom brother.
Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by nwamehn: 10:14am On Dec 23, 2016
felixomor:

If u read the thread from the start, u will understand the message being passed across was that of an appeal for second thought.
If he had thought about Zika, he may have not opened the thread.
The op has personally re-edited the title of the thread 3 times, when he realized his goof.

And then for ur explanation, its quite wrong.
You dont have any evidence that zika has been an STD.
You are trying to rubbish the importance of due process .
Going your way, i could as well say hiv aids and in fact any other diseases has been in existence since Adam and Eve. And that they were only discovered in the later part of last century. And then argue in cycles.

You and I know that's wrong.
It's a new STD, and thats all.

The thread is not well thought-out.

Shalom brother.

HIV wasn't discovered during Adam and Eve era. HIV wasn't also confirmed by Adam, Cain, Abel or any medical personnel to be sexually transmissible. I can only refer to HIV as a sexually transmitted disease from when the first person experimentally confirmed it could be transmitted sexually and not when it was discovered.
This is same with zika virus, zika virus had been in existence for years, yes I agree, but I would only start calling it sexually transmitted disease from when the first doctor confirmed it to be sexually transmissible, which so many doctors had done even as far back as 2008, which is inside the link I posted earlier.
Unless u mean to tell me that those doctors lied and u would only agree with the general acceptance of the medical community which occurred in 2016.
Who told u that there ar no evidences that zika virus had been an STD? Those different doctors conducted experiments to arrive at that conclusion at different occasions, the results of their experiments ar more than enough evidences. In fact, it was those results that the international medical community weighed to finally agree to tag the disease an STD.
If u want to discard the results of individual experiments of doctors that confirmed zika virus as sexually transmissible since 2008, and then choose to agree with the general acceptance by the medical community, which is still made up of those same individual doctors, then no wahala.
Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by felixomor: 10:18am On Dec 23, 2016
nwamehn:

HIV wasn't discovered during Adam and Eve era. HIV wasn't also confirmed by Adam, Cain, Abel or any medical personnel to be sexually transmissible. I can only refer to HIV as a sexually transmitted disease from when the first person experimentally confirmed it could be transmitted sexually and not when it was discovered.
This is same with zika virus, zika virus had been in existence for years, yes I agree, but I would only start calling it sexually transmitted disease from when the first doctor confirmed it to be sexually transmissible, which so many doctors had done even as far back as 2008, which is inside the link I posted earlier.
Unless u mean to tell me that those doctors lied and u would only agree with the general acceptance of the medical community which occurred in 2016.
Who told u that there ar no evidences that zika virus had been an STD? Those different doctors conducted experiments to arrive at that conclusion at different occasions, the results of their experiments ar more than enough evidences. In fact, it was those results that the international medical community weighed to finally agree to tag the disease an STD.
If u want to discard the results of individual experiments of doctors that confirmed zika virus as sexually transmissible since 2008, and then choose to agree with the general acceptance by the medical community, which is still made up of those same individual doctors, then no wahala.

Good.
The same way, u should not also discard spiritualists who explain diseases that are not medically recognized.
Right.

No wahala
Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by nwamehn: 10:44am On Dec 23, 2016
felixomor:

Good.
The same way, u should not also discard spiritualists who explain diseases that are not medically recognized.
Right.

No wahala

That's exactly the point. If zika virus is a spiritual disease, why would I discard what the spiritualists say about it? And if it is a medical disease, then I would be a fool to discard what the medical personnel say about it. If I would accept the idea of the national spiritualists community about any disease whether medical or spiritual, then I would also accept the individual ideas of the members of that national spiritualists community about that same disease. That's my point, u can't accept the group and then discard the group's members.
The medical community accepted zika virus to be an STD based on results of experiments of medical doctors, on what basis then do u stand to discard the results of the medical doctors but accept the resolution of the medical community which is also composed of them doctors?
In 2015 elections, INEC looked at the results of the votes of the states and concluded that Buhari won. Now, someone is saying that he accepts that Buhari won but doesn't accept that he won the votes in the states. Lol.

1 Like

Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 23, 2016
Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by felixomor: 10:50am On Dec 23, 2016
nwamehn:

That's exactly the point. If zika virus is a spiritual disease, why would I discard what the spiritualists say about it? And if it is a medical disease, then I would be a fool to discard what the medical personnel say about it. If I would accept the idea of the national spiritualists community about any disease whether medical or spiritual, then I would also accept the individual ideas of the members of that national spiritualists community about that same disease. That's my point, u can't accept the group and then discard the group's members.
The medical community accepted zika virus to be an STD based on results of experiments of medical doctors, on what basis then do u stand to discard the results of the medical doctors but accept the resolution of the medical community which is also composed of them doctors?
In 2015 elections, INEC looked at the results of the votes of the states and concluded that Buhari won. Now, someone is saying that he accepts that Buhari won but doesn't accept that he won the votes in the states. Lol.

Buhari won in 2015 and declared winner.
But some people already knew he would win.
But can u tell us he was a "president" before 2015?

God anointed David via Samuel as King at the age of 16
God told Saul via prophecy he was already "replaced" when David was not yet crowned.

Please when was David delared "King of Israel"?
Was it at age 16?

Case closed, brother.
Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by nwamehn: 11:01am On Dec 23, 2016
felixomor:

Buhari won in 2015 and declared winner.
But some people already knew he would win.
But can u tell us he was a "president" before 2015?

God anointed David via Samuel as King at the age of 16
God told Saul via prophecy he was already "replaced" when David was not yet crowned.

Please when was David delared "King of Israel"?
Was it at age 16?

Case closed, brother.

Buhari wasn't the president even after he won. He only became president after swearing in. And that's not even my point. My point is, do u accept that buhari won the votes yet u don't accept that he won the votes in the different states, so how exactly did u arrive at the conclusion that buhari won? If u say he didn't win in the different states just as u claim the individual doctors weren't right with their experiments, then he didn't win at all just as it's expected of u to also say that the medical community isn't right.
I'm talking about deriving a result from a number of results so prophecy to Saul, Samuel and David has no business here.
Medical community adopted their results from a number of results of medical doctors. Nigeria adopted her total results of votes from a number of results from different states. So tell me exactly why u will accept what the medical community adopted yet discard the number of results they based on to adopt their stand. Don't run yet, answer my question. U haven't answered the question since I first asked u, instead we have been busy talking about spiritualists, buhari, David and Samuel.
Answer me, why will u accept what the medical community adopted yet discard the individual results they based their argument on to adopt their stand? That's contradicting urself, brother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by felixomor: 11:27am On Dec 23, 2016
nwamehn:

Buhari wasn't the president even after he won. He only became president after swearing in. And that's not even my point. My point is, do u accept that buhari won the votes yet u don't accept that he won the votes in the different states, so how exactly did u arrive at the conclusion that buhari won?
I'm talking about deriving a result from a number of results so Saul, Samuel and David has no business here.
Medical community adopted their results from a number of results of medical doctors. Nigeria adopted her total results of votes from a number of results from different states. So tell me exactly why u will accept what the medical community adopted yet discard the number of results they based on to adopt their stand. Don't close case or run yet, answer my question. U haven't answered the question since I first asked u, instead we have been busy talking about spiritualists, buhari, David and Samuel.
Answer me, why will u accept what the medical community adopted yet discard the individual results they based their argument on to adopt their stand? That's contradicting urself, brother.

U r the one who derailed, for argument sake
Sticking with the topic.
A new disease described by one person, doesnt make it a disease. It has to be notified and certified.
Otherwise, we would all be arguing.

And then i used david as example because it suits.
A new king was already anointed and samuel (1 person) already knew. But that did not make David the certified King of Israel.
It took another prophecy to foretell the death of Saul and also the official certification of David as king, before David was officially certified.

If u want to argue further, continue.
I think this is already Overflogged.
Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by nwamehn: 11:33am On Dec 23, 2016
felixomor:

Sticking with the topic.
A new disease described by one person, doesnt make it a disease. It has to be notified and certified.

A new king was already anointed and samuel (1 person) already knew. But that did not make David the certified King of Israel.
It took another prophecy to foretell the death of Saul and also the official certification of David as king, before David was officially certified.

U began derailing by mentioning spiritualists because we were talking about medical personnel.
Back to the matter, if it's because of one person describing the disease that made u discard the individual experiments then u would be wrong, because more than one doctor described it. They were many in different occasions over different years. The medical community only came to accept it by adopting the results of all the experiments in the whole years. So, what other point do u have to discard the individual experiments and adopt the view of the medical community of those same individuals?
Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by CatfishBilly: 11:33am On Dec 23, 2016
felixomor:

Sticking with the topic.

Brother, 3 cases is the burden of proof in medicine. Prove 3 cases and you're certified. They've had more than 3 cases of sexually transmitted Zika virus before 2008. Take it or leave it. Your man goofed, accept and move on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by felixomor: 11:36am On Dec 23, 2016
CatfishBilly:

Brother, 3 cases is the burden of proof in medicine. Prove 3 cases and you're certified. They've had more than 3 cases of sexually transmitted Zika virus before 2008. Take it or leave it. Your man goofed, accept and move on.

Look at someone who didnt even know what certification is before this thread.

What were the 3 cases?
And why was it not certified?

And if u give me any long story, accept that you are foolish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by nwamehn: 11:38am On Dec 23, 2016
CatfishBilly:

Tell him, he thinks doctors hadn't been working on zika virus and the fact that it's transmitted sexually far before the medical community adopted whatever.
Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by felixomor: 11:39am On Dec 23, 2016
nwamehn:

U began derailing by mentioning spiritualists because we were talking about medical personnel.
Back to the matter, if it's because of one person describing the disease that made u discard the individual experiments then u would be wrong, because more than one doctor described it. They were many in different occasions over different years. The medical community only came to accept it by adopting the results of all the experiments in the whole years. So, what other point do u have to discard the individual experiments and adopt the view of the medical community of those same individuals?

The same points that have been used over centuries to discard people's claims .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by CatfishBilly: 11:42am On Dec 23, 2016
felixomor:

Look at someone who didnt even know what certification is before this thread.

What were the 3 cases?
And why was it not certified?

And if u give me any long story, accept that you are foolish.
I've painstakingly replied to all your mentions, you still don't want to learn. What next will you ask me? The names of the 3 patients?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by nwamehn: 11:43am On Dec 23, 2016
felixomor:

The same points that have been used over centuries to discard people's claims .

Hahahaha. See race!!! U don't have any points again? U ar now referring me to various points in centuries. I feel u, bro.
Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by felixomor: 11:43am On Dec 23, 2016
CatfishBilly:

I've painstakingly replied to all your mentions, you still don't want to learn. What next will you ask me? The names of the 3 patients?

Just move aside, let me talk to people with better reasoning.
If u like go and re-edit the title of ur thread.
Mscheww.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by felixomor: 11:45am On Dec 23, 2016
nwamehn:

Hahahaha. See race!!! U don't have any points again? U ar now referring me to various points in centuries. I feel u, bro.

Thanks.
Millions of claims have always been discarded.
And will continue to be.
You will only not see that, since u r a google scientist.

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by ScienceWatch: 6:05pm On Dec 23, 2016
jonbellion:
I see
Okay
Either way your pastor is still a fraud
I have spoken to many disciples of Christ from a few different religions, including Muslims about the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria and about the unrivaled supernatural powers of healing and deliverance and inspiring charity possessed by this man.

When these people were shown Biblical scriptures that show the method Jesus and His disciples/pastors used to bring about salvation, they readily agreed that the Holy Prophet TB Joshua is doing what is written in the Holy Scriptures.

Below are overpowering evidence of how a fake disciple/pastor can be recognized from a genuine pastor ;

Joh 5:20 "For the true God loves the Son, and shows Him all miracles that He does: and He will show me greater miracles/WORKS than these, so that you may be amazed and believe." There we have it ! Believing is salvation. The miracles are evidence of Jesus and all true Pastors connection with God. This is the way no pastor can fake his/her way onto the pulpit.

Only the WORKS bear witness of a real pastor/disciple, not their elaborate speeches, conferences and motivational speeches.
Joh 14:12 Truly, Truly, I say to you, He that believes me, the miracles/ WORKS that I do will you also do; and greater (more) miracles/WORKS than these shall you do; because I must soon go unto my Father.

Joh 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the miracles/ WORKS which the Father has given me to finish, the same miracles/ WORKS that I do, bear witness for me, that the Father hath sent me.

Joh 17:18 What I was sent into the world to do, I also sent them into the world to do the same.

The wisdom of God is evident in this divine setup. He knew that evil people will use Jesus name for personal gain and perpetuate the suffering of innocent believers.
Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by Topgainer: 12:18am On Dec 24, 2016
ScienceWatch:
I have spoken to many disciples of Christ from a few different religions, including Muslims about the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria and about the unrivaled supernatural powers of healing and deliverance and inspiring charity possessed by this man.

When these people were shown Biblical scriptures that show the method Jesus and His disciples/pastors used to bring about salvation, they readily agreed that the Holy Prophet TB Joshua is doing what is written in the Holy Scriptures.

Below are overpowering evidence of how a fake disciple/pastor can be recognized from a genuine pastor ;

Joh 5:20 "For the true God loves the Son, and shows Him all miracles that He does: and He will show me greater miracles/WORKS than these, so that you may be amazed and believe." There we have it ! Believing is salvation. The miracles are evidence of Jesus and all true Pastors connection with God. This is the way no pastor can fake his/her way onto the pulpit.

Only the WORKS bear witness of a real pastor/disciple, not their elaborate speeches, conferences and motivational speeches.
Joh 14:12 Truly, Truly, I say to you, He that believes me, the miracles/ WORKS that I do will you also do; and greater (more) miracles/WORKS than these shall you do; because I must soon go unto my Father.

Joh 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the miracles/ WORKS which the Father has given me to finish, the same miracles/ WORKS that I do, bear witness for me, that the Father hath sent me.

Joh 17:18 What I was sent into the world to do, I also sent them into the world to do the same.

The wisdom of God is evident in this divine setup. He knew that evil people will use Jesus name for personal gain and perpetuate the suffering of innocent believers.
Do you have any independent life of your own at all?
The man who did this thing to you is a wicked man. Let me assume you were employed to market this Holy Prophet TB Joshua and Holy Synagogue, can't you resign?
Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by ScienceWatch: 1:26am On Dec 24, 2016
Topgainer:

Do you have any independent life of your own at all?
The man who did this thing to you is a wicked man. Let me assume you were employed to market this Holy Prophet TB Joshua and Holy Synagogue, can't you resign?
I am hesitating to reply and waste valuable time. But then a brilliant idea came up.

I am now watching Emmanuel TV as I write. I am willing to bet 700,000 Niara that right now, there is no other church in the world where the intense Joy and massive celebrations to honor Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit of God for the incredible amount of miracles and salvation of human souls witnessed through out the year. Wow it is so overwhelmingly POWERFUL.

I salute you, the overseer of the Holy Scoan Church !

My prayer for you is that God will continue to bless you with most powerful spirits of the light, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.
You are truly recognized in heaven !
God bless your congregation. The are witnesses to His awesome POWER so that they will brag about their God. That their God can do what no other God can do.
Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by JhyMedex: 1:04am On Dec 26, 2016
sofadj:
Zika virus.

Not until this year(2016) that it was discovered to be sexually transmitted.

that discovery was made in the US in 2015

Re: The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 by flyingdutchman(m): 11:28am On Sep 11, 2020
4years later...COVID19

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Benin Pastor Shares Money In Church (photo) / “Blood Of Jesus” Drink Sold For N2,000 In Akwa Ibom (Photo) / Fire Accident At Cairo's Coptic Church. 41 Dead, 14 Injured (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.