Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Geno Type - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Geno Type (694 Views)

Your Personality Can Be Determined By Your Blood Type / I Have Been Diagnosed With Type 1 Diabetes. Please Help Me Ooooh / Do Nigeria People Think About Health And The Type Of Food They Eat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Geno Type by stephedith(f): 3:55pm On Nov 17, 2009
Hello house can AS and AS (Geno type) marry each other.
I have a friend that insist that they can marry
Re: Geno Type by MCLOVIN: 4:59pm On Nov 17, 2009
I wouldnt advise it. You have a 1/4 chance of producing an SS genotype child. A 1/2 chance of having carriers AS and 1/4 AA.
But these are just probabilties you could end up having 4 normal kids or u cld av 4 all SS.
Not advisable.
Re: Geno Type by Angelfish1(f): 6:44pm On Nov 17, 2009
I think its a bad idea as well.I know the agony that people with sickle cell go through. A lot of people just marry blindly in the guise of "falling in love" without thinking about the future. If you are AS find someone that's AA to marry.Its not that easy but think about the future! embarassed
Re: Geno Type by dominique(f): 11:31pm On Nov 17, 2009
Re: Geno Type by MCLOVIN: 1:56pm On Nov 20, 2009
Another/alternative wld be to have the mother do Chorionic Villus Sampling as early as the 6th wk of pregnancy. The tissue is then taken for electrophoresis (genotyping) if the foetus is SS termination is offered.
Re: Geno Type by coolier(f): 11:40am On Nov 24, 2009
I wouldn't take the risk if I were you!
Re: Geno Type by doctorbabs(m): 7:43pm On Nov 25, 2009
pls dont take that risk. talking from experience
Re: Geno Type by face969: 10:28pm On Nov 25, 2009
I want to say that we are getting tremendous results with sicklers with painful crises using blood electrifiication . We cant really explain it but the treatment seems to prevent/reverse sickling. To read more about the origin of blood electrification click
http://cngdirect.bravehost.com/cil.htm
Re: Geno Type by emmyu: 4:36pm On Nov 27, 2009
Dear forget about such marriage, avoid had i know.

It is not advisable.ss is a must.

(1) (Reply)

Swine Flu / Need Cure Fr Asthma Them Read This / Smear Test:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.