Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,649 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted (81393 Views)

How New Provost Of The College Of Education, Ikere Was Appointed / Open Confession By The Provost Of A.I.F.C.E. Dr Mrs Blessing Ijioma's (PA) And I / The Provost Of MOCPED : Professor Akeusola Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by greenprince(m): 10:48pm On Dec 22, 2016
Kendzyma:
I also think there was a mistake in the computationa..maybe u should create a thread for that and mention him

Na this kind people i need around me. Her type would serve as a constant reminder that i know nothing yet.
What a scary result.......... and boys were hailing me for scoring 98 in Biology, make them come see genius.

1 Like

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by bizza45: 10:50pm On Dec 22, 2016
paulo220:
Mr Adesegun Fatusi, I challenge u to publish d admission list of this dept within 48 hours or I will take d school authority to court.

I wish u d best of luck in embarrassing yourself...
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by thinkative: 10:50pm On Dec 22, 2016
Impeller:
To hell with OAU. What crappy competition when no Nigerian University is ranked within the top500 in the world. Tribalism at the peak in the WEST even Globacom can't be were it supposed to be because of this. Quote me and die by fire!

I make bold to say the ethnic diversity in schools in the west is far greater than it is in other parts of the country.
I can reel out names of popular people of other tribes that schooled in the west.
check OAU's list and you would see lots of people from different tribes in Nigeria. even foreigners.

a brain is too precious a gift to waste
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 22, 2016
ibitzbarlow:

The man is correct with his mathematics. You are the one that needs mentoring in mathematics. Pls Check your calculations again...

LOL baba check my previous comment, then do your look at the maths again, probably do your own b4 u comment
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by thinkative: 10:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
calebify1:

They can't coz it'll blow their cover.
the admission list is always published in a national newspaper. at worst, its pasted on the notice board at the department...unless the system has changed
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Kdon2: 10:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
habtund:
Rubbish..... I was also denied admission last year despite having 62% in d post DE exam, distinction n 6 bs n 3 C's in my o level
but a frnd of mine wit upper credit, c parallel in her o level n 55% was admitted ....same course
Alhamdulillah I av bn offered admission in funaab to study statistics

The explanation is detailed enough na! Haba!! Sebi u can read and understand
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by baum1: 10:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
Josephnice:
I don't just buy into this vague calculus theorem of the so called provost to deny this girl her admission. Lecturers are so smart in formulating excuses in cover up of their partiality. Whichever way u solve the equation, this girl deserve a place in the merit list

Oga/Madam, remove sentiments, the prof's explanations make plenty sense. I didn't know such a new computation existed in IFE. It's really unfortunate that the young lady did so excellently well in JAMB and very good in WAEC, but the combo, though turned out very good, isn't enough to get her into IFE.

Kai, IFE is competitive. Whenever I see the achievements of kids of nowadays, I usually recount how lucky the previous generations are. Take it or leave it, many of us were lucky to attend good naija universities with our 5 C6's and 220 in JAMB.

2 Likes

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by olupona(m): 10:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
just a pity that the said lady with 320 marks can't get admission into study medicine. The provost made a valid statement and clarification, catchment area is very important when consider a school for admission, back in 2002 I applied for computer engineering in Oau, but the cutoff mark was 274 for catchment and 200 for education less developed state (ELDS) I scored 245 and someone from bayelsa got admitted with 200 score for the same course because 200 was merit for ELDS, ran up and down for admission then, but luckily got admitted on the VC list which was the last list then. This year admission was collated by jamb, what I want jambites to know is, if you meet merit list OAU will surely admit you. My dear lady please never be discourage, we have a lot of good courses around apart from medicine.

1 Like

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Impeller(m): 10:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
thinkative:

I make bold to say the ethnic diversity in schools in the west is far greater than it is in other parts of the country.
I can reel out names of popular people of other tribes that schooled in the west.
check OAU's list and you would see lots of people from different tribes in Nigeria. even foreigners.

a brain is too precious a gift to waste

Bros, even in corporate organizations these folks are terrible. Relax!
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Unity19(m): 10:55pm On Dec 22, 2016
Omudia11:
you're very right.

pls check your calculation again. this time take note of the fact that physics was repeated.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by calebify1(m): 10:55pm On Dec 22, 2016
thinkative:
the admission list is always published in a national newspaper. at worst, its pasted on the notice board at the department...unless the system has changed
with each candidate respective scores?

1 Like

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by yinkslinks(m): 10:56pm On Dec 22, 2016
Children
habtund:
Rubbish..... I was also denied admission last year despite having 62% in d post DE exam, distinction n 6 bs n 3 C's in my o level
but a frnd of mine wit upper credit, c parallel in her o level n 55% was admitted ....same course
Alhamdulillah I av bn offered admission in funaab to study statistics
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by wellmax(m): 10:56pm On Dec 22, 2016
Vcojuro:

I no longer believe in propaganda.
If you can give me a reason why a low scoring candidate, who had 223 in jamb and an aggregate of 66 was admitted to study medicine instead of that young lady, then I will believe your provost.

If you want people to start believing the provost, then the school authority should publish the names of every admitted students and their aggregate scores on the school website and daily newspapers.

It will change the mindset of those who think that the admission process in oau is flawed.

You obviously read but didn't comprehend the explanation given by the Provost
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by olupona(m): 10:59pm On Dec 22, 2016
Scoring more than him or her and having grades higher than him or her, doesn't mean you guys are under same catchment area. Maybe both of you didn't make the merit list but he or she was consider for supplementary with the help of people.. That's just it.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Unity19(m): 10:59pm On Dec 22, 2016
sincerely, I commend your level of reasoning. I graduated from oau and I chose oau then because I am from osun state and I stand a better chance of been admitted. Uniben, Nsuka and Unical are a very good schools in Nigeria of today and would have been to her own advantage had it been she applied there.

cstr19:
That her jamb score is high enough to get her a place on the merit list.
A 320 JAMB SCORE is no mean feat.
Btw, what she is doing applying for OAU?. That is her first mistake. OAU is not her catchment area.
As a deltan, University Of Benin should be your end-point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by wellmax(m): 10:59pm On Dec 22, 2016
Vcojuro:

Smh there are lots of candidates that didn't meet up to the cutoff point for the department of Medicine, and yet they were admitted.
If you have any doubt go to the various department and check if the admission process is really transparent as they claim to be.
I will challenge the school management to paste the list of admitted students on daily newspapers and school websites.
That's how it's done in the University of Ibadan and this will give no room for manipulation.

Oga carry your protest go school gate is he explanation not sound enough?
You have merit list, catchment area list, ELDS list and VC list. If you don't make any of this lists, who do I blame. Scored high to make merit, if you don't and also didn't qualify for catchment or ELDS, the you better pray for long leg to meet vc list via connections. It is as simple as that.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by rollydex: 11:00pm On Dec 22, 2016
That is the result of no post UME, brought about by PMB who decided to choose a BSC accounting as minister of education where many professors abound.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by yinkslinks(m): 11:01pm On Dec 22, 2016
Trying to get admission into naija universities is like trying to get American visa. You either get lucky or die trying grin grin grin visa fee N54,400.

1 Like

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Femmyfamous4u(m): 11:01pm On Dec 22, 2016
if only she followed up when she discovered that her name was not on the merit list, she would've bn considered but alas, it's too late now. i'm an alumnus of OAU i tried for three years not because i was too dull but unfortunately i just kept missing the cut off points till i surpassed it the 3rd time. If she scored 320 by her sole effort this year and still wishes to study medicine in OAU, my advice for her is to double her effort in JAMB so as to maintain or better still, surpass her current 320 score. more so, she can take another o'level exam aiming at A1 all through or b2 at worse with this, she should get the required score for medicine next year otherwise, now that she's recognised, she can easily get a less competitive course.

1 Like

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by baum1: 11:01pm On Dec 22, 2016
ourema:
Very insightful explanation. My advice is for her to go write jamb again if she insist on reading medicine. But next time her second choice should also be explored. Sometimes your destiny may not medicine

Very insightful indeed. These profs have written so much papers and explained concepts for so many years that they have mastered the art of delivering insightful messages.

I personally contacted the young lady this morning before seeing this. Many young people don't have good advisors. She could have chosen Biochem second choice and maybe try direct entry later. My doctor friend did this. Got around 4.7-4.8 in first year Biochem and simply moved to medicine year 2. Today, he is at the same IFE working as a doctor, graduated couple of years ago from a different uni.

I will recontact the young lady and ask her to retake GCE and WAEC, if she has the chance, and annoyingly get A1 parallel. She has the capacity to do that, she is that good. I gave a similar advice to a girl 11 years ago. Not only did she get all distinctions in her WAEC/abi na GCE, she was subsequently rated based on her the new results, not the old one where she she a combo of A's and C's and B's.

Mhen, IFE parades top, top young students. KAI, more than 50 applications had at least 6 A1. Mhen, these students are bright. I know what it took to get just 1 A1 in those days..Kudos. The current generation is not doomed after all.

4 Likes

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by sbashir10(m): 11:02pm On Dec 22, 2016
BlueWizAngel:
scammer provost abi wetin e call himself again.
OYA let us calculate, see her real waec result from the attached photo

8+8+7+6+5+6+5+8+6 = 59 , since the subjects are 9 we will divide by 72

(59/72*100) = 81.9

(81.9 + 80)/ 2 = 80.95 = 81. Then someone will now coman tell me that this country have not finish.

and people saying sir I agree with u did u guys even look at the calculation, how come he repeated physics and he totalled 45 but he worked with 44. let us think.

okay for people that will want to be rigid and use thesame 8 waec combination OAU supposedly used, let us throw away one subject from Aru's result maybe painting and decoration(b3) oh no let us throw away computer studies(A1)

we have: 8+8+7+6+5+6+5+6 = 51
(51/64 * 100) = 79.6875 = 79.7

(79.7 + 80) / 2 = 79.85 = 79.9

please someone should explain how this girl is not qualified for the merit list.
bros, calm down, this is the way they calculate it, 8 subject not 9
1Your best 8 subjects are computed; With A1 = 8, B2 =
B3 = 6, C4 = 5, C5 = 4, C6 = 3, and so on.
Maximum points from your best 8 O’level subjects is 64
( A1 = 8 X 8 subjects).

1 Like

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Codes151(m): 11:02pm On Dec 22, 2016
Absolute rubbish sir.

1 Like

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by chronique(m): 11:04pm On Dec 22, 2016
LARRYDKING:

Lol. Sorry bro, where are you now?

That was about 16yrs ago...
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Kunlexic(m): 11:04pm On Dec 22, 2016
Drdonzeez:
The system actually computed 7 instead of 8 subjects..pls do something about it.
tis 8,,,no mistake bro
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by osusuallstars: 11:05pm On Dec 22, 2016
nonsense, all the northers states are ELDS and at the end the are the ones producing the chief judge, EFCC chairman, president, immigration boss, custom boss NPA, almost every juicy portfolio. you are telling me that they get better when they entered university with their poor background? NNAMDI KANU called this contraption a zoo and am beginning to see his reason.

11 Likes

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Kendzyma(m): 11:06pm On Dec 22, 2016
baum1:

Very insightful indeed. These profs have written so much papers and explained concepts for so many years that they have mastered the art of delivering insightful messages.

I personally contacted the young lady this morning before seeing this. Many young people don't have good advisors. She could have chosen Biochem second choice and maybe try direct entry later. My doctor friend did this. Got around 4.7-4.8 in first year Biochem and simply moved to medicine year 2. Today, he is at the same IFE working as a doctor, graduated couple of years ago from a different uni.

I will recontact the young lady and ask her to retake GCE and WAEC, if she has the chance, and annoyingly get A1 parallel. She has the capacity to do that, she is that good. I gave a similar advice to a girl 11 years ago. Not only did she get all distinctions in her WAEC/abi na GCE, she was subsequently rated based on her the new results, not the old one where she she a combo of A's and C's and B's.

Mhen, IFE parades top, top young students. KAI, more than 50 applications had at least 6 A1. Mhen, these students are bright. I know what it took to get just 1 A1 in those days..Kudos. The current generation is not doomed after all.

chairman, there was actually a mistake in the calculation of her olevel,it should be 8 courses,but only 7 courses was calculated,if it was 8,her score would be 79+..so its not her fault,its the system's fault...pls tell her there is still hope

1 Like

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by calebify1(m): 11:06pm On Dec 22, 2016
Unity19:
sincerely, I commend your level of reasoning. I graduated from oau and I chose oau then because I am from osun state and I stand a better chance of been admitted. Uniben, Nsuka and Unical are a very good schools in Nigeria of today and would have been to her own advantage had it been she applied there.

is she not a Nigerian citizen y must she have limited choices to pick from. This catchment thing is something drawing Nigeria back. And they'll jump and admit someone with a foreign nationality...
I totally get ur point about catchment in relation to admission.

1 Like

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by prettyrosiemua(f): 11:06pm On Dec 22, 2016
eph12:

Did you see that physics was mistakenly written twice?
yes it was, but her total score was divided by 64(8 subjects), while they totaled the score of only 7 subjects from her waec.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Kunlexic(m): 11:07pm On Dec 22, 2016
Guru9ja:
I just heard a some1 with 66 in post utme and 223 in jamb still got admission into OAU to study medicine.

I never liked OAU and I do tell ma fans not to pick OAU when applying through Jamb.
How manage some1 got 86 in oau post utme
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Unity19(m): 11:08pm On Dec 22, 2016
It is a wrong and unethical Idea to give a candidate the course he or she did not apply for. Although Most Nigerian Universities do that but it wrong. The candidate should he the one to ask for a vacant course(s) she would like to be place and such request is at the mercy of the school authority to grant it or not.

This lady in particular did not do that and don't forget that with the new admission criteria set by Jamb, gaining admission is not getting easy at all especially for those with less numbers of distinction L's in their "o" level.

For medical student, Universities also have quotas given to by medical association.

All the same, I wish her best of luck.
heybee72:
They should have atleast given her another course like physiology.... And if she doesn't want, face school Park and go and come and write another jamb

1 Like

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by baum1: 11:09pm On Dec 22, 2016
Femmyfamous4u:
if only she followed up when she discovered that her name was not on the merit list, she would've bn considered but alas, it's too late now. i'm an alumnus of OAU i tried for three years not because i was too dull but unfortunately i just kept missing the cut off points till i surpassed it the 3rd time. If she scored 320 by her sole effort this year and still wishes to study medicine in OAU, my advice for her is to double her effort in JAMB so as to maintain or better still, surpass her current 320 score. more so, she can take another o'level exam aiming at A1 all through or b2 at worse with this, she should get the required score for medicine next year otherwise, now that she's recognised, she can easily get a less competitive course.

Bros, correct. I would not have written what I wrote if I had read your post. Indeed, she can retake WAEC/GCE and clear A1's. I have reached out to her. If she responds, I am going to tell her this.

The previous generation which I belong to was really lucky. Imagine people then study the almighty medicine with 5 O'level credits and 260 in JAMB, lol. It does not happen again.

2 Likes

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Vcojuro: 11:09pm On Dec 22, 2016
thinkative:

Ife also pastes admission list like Ibadan. the admission process is relatively transparent. I can vouch for that. I gained admission in 2008 to read accounting. most people found it hard to believe that I knew no lecturer. in fact, I had only stepped foot in the school once before my admission...for post utme

Bro that's a big lie, i challenge you to paste The merit and catchment list on this forum.
The oau i know do not paste admission list department by department on their website.
Post The merit and catchment list of oau admission process this year on this group and i won't talk again.
If not i am not buying your propanganda.

I still insist that The girl should have been admitted to study medicine because i nothing less than 6 candidates that didn't have up to 66 point and yet they were admitted for medicine

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Photos Of Choice Christopher, New Delta Poly SUG President That Caused Uproar / Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree / Is This Lady One Of The Reasons Bowen Students Were Afraid Of The Drug Test?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.