Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted (81387 Views)

How New Provost Of The College Of Education, Ikere Was Appointed / Open Confession By The Provost Of A.I.F.C.E. Dr Mrs Blessing Ijioma's (PA) And I / The Provost Of MOCPED : Professor Akeusola Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by sbashir10(m): 11:10pm On Dec 22, 2016
www.nairaland.com/3248477/guides-how-calculate-oau-screening It's no more news that Obafemi Awolowo University (O.A.U) Ile-Ife has begun the sale of their Post Screening form which the deadline for applications is 30th July, 2016 (For Direct Entry candidates) Now, the main problem is that some applicants finds it difficult to ascertain the method of calculating the aggregate score for the screening Anyway, it's as simple as A,B,C... Kindly follow me as i explain How To Calculate OAU screening Aggregate Score below: For JAMBites i. Both your JAMB score and your O’level results’ grades will be used to calculate the total screening score. ii. Your JAMB result is 70% of your total score & your O’level results grade is the remaining 30% iii. Your best 8 subjects grade will also be used for the calculation; here is what each grade weighs: A1 = 8 marks, B2 = 7 marks, B3 = 6 marks, C4 = 5 marks, C5 = 4 marks, and C6 = 3 marks. iv. The maximum obtainable points from the selected best 8 O’level grades is 64 (i.e A1 = 8marks multiply by 8 subjects). v. The total points you obtained after calculating Your O’level points will now be converted to 30% (for example if your O’level points is 48, it will then be calculated as: 48/64 X 30= 22.5) Therefore, your NEW O'LEVEL POINTS will now be 22.5 vi. Now, to calculate your UTME points, follow this procedure: Divide Your JAMB score by 400, then multiply it by 70. For example, if your JAMB score is 250. Calculate it as: 250/400, X 70= 43.75 43.75 is now the UTME POINTS vii. To calculate the TOTAL SCREENING POINTS = UTME points (max of 70) + your O’ level points (max of 30) = 100. For example, if your O'LEVEL POINTS is 22.5 and your UTME POINTS is 43.75. You'll now calculate it as 22.5 + 43.75= 66.25 This deduce that you scored 66.25 out of 70 as your TOTAL SCREENING POINTS viii. You'll be prompted to choose any two courses while doing the registration. NOTE: Do not choose a Course that doesnot match your O'level results. ix. The total fee for OAU screening Registration is N6,850 HOW TO CALCULATE OAU SCREENING POINTS For Direct Entry(DE) Candidates i. It's only your O’level results’ grades that will be used to calculate the total screening score. ii. Your JAMB result weighs nothing but 0% and your O’level results is 100% of the total screening score. iii. Just as i earlier explained "Your best 8 subjects grade will be used for the calculation; here is what each grade weighs: A1 = 8 marks, B2 = 7 marks, B3 = 6 marks, C4 = 5 marks, C5 = 4 marks, and C6 = 3 marks. iv. The maximum obtainable points from the selected best 8 O’level grades is 64 (i.e A1 = 8marks multiply by 8 subjects). v. The total points you obtained after calculating Your O’level points will now be converted to 100% (for example if your O’level points is 48, it will then be calculated as: 48/64 X 100= 75) Therefore, your SREENING POINTS will now be 75 vi. You'll be prompted to choose any two courses while doing the registration. NOTE: * Do not choose a Course that doesnot match your O'level results. * Do not choose any course that is not in-line with the Course you studied at the Polytechnic/College of Education Level. vii. The total fee for OAU screening Registration is N6,850 .
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by baum1: 11:10pm On Dec 22, 2016
Kendzyma:
chairman, there was actually a mistake in the calculation of her olevel,it should be 8 courses,but only 7 courses was calculated,if it was 8,her score would be 79+..so its not her fault,its the system's fault...pls tell her there is still hope

Bro,

Please do the computation. What does it come to? Does it reach the touted cut off? I am interested in this matter.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 22, 2016
chronique:

That was about 16yrs ago...

Your kids wouldn't have admission problem owing to your experience in the yearly admission rigmarole in Nigeria.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by iamsmile(m): 11:13pm On Dec 22, 2016
You'll be resuming to 200L Statistics, then I'll be your Classmate
habtund:
Rubbish..... I was also denied admission last year despite having 62% in d post DE exam, distinction n 6 bs n 3 C's in my o level
but a frnd of mine wit upper credit, c parallel in her o level n 55% was admitted ....same course
Alhamdulillah I av bn offered admission in funaab to study statistics
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Henrypraise: 11:13pm On Dec 22, 2016
ourema:
Very insightful explanation. My advice is for her to go write jamb again if she insist on reading medicine. But next time her second choice should also be explored. Sometimes your destiny may not medicine

who hold d right to change sum ones destiny? d sick provost? u av made no sense...

given dis his explanation, d sane tin for d neccessary authorities to do, is to probe d admission list n if anybody below, d ladies qualification is admitted, d provost shud be fired or demoted. de keep playing God wit pples destiny....
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Kendzyma(m): 11:13pm On Dec 22, 2016
baum1:

Bro,

Please do the computation. What does it come to? Does it reach the touted cut off? I am interested in this matter.
check this thread..
https://www.nairaland.com/3534052/mod-kindly-call-attention-prof
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by calebify1(m): 11:14pm On Dec 22, 2016
thinkative:

Ife also pastes admission list like Ibadan. the admission process is relatively transparent. I can vouch for that. I gained admission in 2008 to read accounting. most people found it hard to believe that I knew no lecturer. in fact, I had only stepped foot in the school once before my admission...for post utme
where and where do they post it
senate or DSA.
Oau doesn't paste names with students aggregate scores.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by AntiWailer: 11:16pm On Dec 22, 2016
Vcojuro:

I no longer believe in propaganda.
If you can give me a reason why a low scoring candidate, who had 223 in jamb and an aggregate of 66 was admitted to study medicine instead of that young lady, then I will believe your provost.

If you want people to start believing the provost, then the school authority should publish the names of every admitted students and their aggregate scores on the school website and daily newspapers.

It will change the mindset of those who think that the admission process in oau is flawed.

Publish the details of ur claim.

Anybody can come up with anything.

1 Like

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 22, 2016
sbashir10:

bros, calm down, this is the way they calculate it, 8 subject not 9
1Your best 8 subjects are computed; With A1 = 8, B2 =
B3 = 6, C4 = 5, C5 = 4, C6 = 3, and so on.
Maximum points from your best 8 O’level subjects is 64
( A1 = 8 X 8 subjects).

LOL baba I understand, but u realise that I used 8 in my second calculate rigth? Well since you know how to calculate it this is her best 8 O levels,

8+6+5+6+5+8+8+7 now do the maths yourself, I had to include all science subjects becus she applied for a science course. so I only removed Painting and decoration(B3) that's the worst from the none science or compulsory subject like English

1 Like

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by toothyGrin: 11:17pm On Dec 22, 2016
Nonsense!

First of all, the provost does not know his basic arithmetic. Those grades he listed amounts to 50 points for 8 subjects. Now he repeated physics (where she scored her lowest) twice instead of adding the 8th subject. So her points should be somewhere above 50, which would give her at least 78.13% for O'level and 80% for UTME. On aggregate with that score, she'd turn out to score 79% which is above their cut off.

Then he said she ranked 103 on the list of those who chose medicine as first choice (based on her wrongly calculated scores). In the same breath he added that there are 56 candidates who scored higher than her but didn't make the cut-off. So it means they gave admission to the best 46 candidates and handpicked 54 others who didn't rank as high as 103.

Shame on this provost who doesn't know basic arithmetic! Shame on these Nigerian universities. undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by baum1: 11:19pm On Dec 22, 2016
Kendzyma:
check this thread..
https://www.nairaland.com/3534052/mod-kindly-call-attention-prof

I have sent the prof a message. the prof seemed nice on appearance. He is a gentleman and I hope he reacts to this. I'm interested in this issue. Let's see where it goes to.

See the message below

Dear Prof. Fatusi, Thank you for clearing the air on why the school of medicine decided to not admit the brilliant young lady. The message was insightful, a delight to read. Please read the feedback comments on Nairaland. However, Sir, there are some issues being raised which I'm yet to investigate. It appears in the computation of our O'level GPA, a course was skipped. If this course was considered, it would have brought her overall average to something in the neighbourhood of 79+ which beats the old and new cut off. Please Sir, would it be possible to re-look the claim of not including all subjects in the computation. Thank you so much. Respectfully submitted, Me

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Xerox01(m): 11:19pm On Dec 22, 2016
blessedvisky:

MMM major!! Your own na 7 M's. Twale baba
next time use this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by chiefojiji(m): 11:20pm On Dec 22, 2016
chronique:
Hmmm. Reminds me of when I wanted to enter unilag at all cost. Instead of applying to other schools where I could be considered, I kept filling lag and Ife as first and second choice. None of them considered me.

witch school corn later later consider you?

maybe Akungba or Tasued.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Unity19(m): 11:20pm On Dec 22, 2016
I am sure you are not in this country. you most be residing in USA if not you will know the new rules of admission.

First, I graduated from OAU also and everything you just typed here are totally true and fact. However times have changed with the new admission process.

Furthermore, that does not mean she can't be granted admission but the two of us know that the lists you are talking about are for those who are connected and not for anyone. from all I see, this lady did not bother to meet with anyone or better say she did not know anyone who can help her walk her way into the lists you speak of.

Also be mindful of the fact that medical association gives quotas of number of candidates that can be admitted for medical courses and theses courses are highly competitive with so many brilliant candidates competing for it.

This lady must learn how to at least try her luck by discussion with one or two person(s) in the department or faculty to see if they could help her. I tried it and it worked for me.

if you go through the provost's comment again, you would find out that she might be willing to help had it been she was approached about the case or if it was brought to her notice.

duni04:
I finished from OAU and I'm not buying into this crap. OAU like other Federal UNIs has 1st, 2nd and 3rd supplementary lists with people who have scored way way lower than the girl in question.
Be that as it may, the girl was thinking she was dealing with an ideal situation and an utopian society where rules are strictly adhered to and where people are considered based on their abilities. That is sadly not the case. Knowing the kind of society we're in and with an excellent score like that, she should have pushed her case and maybe pulled some strings to get in.
320! what a waste!
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Limibanti(m): 11:21pm On Dec 22, 2016
Drdonzeez:
This man doesn't know maths..Its obvious from the modality that the girl had 79% .

77.5 % from my rough calculation
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by baum1: 11:21pm On Dec 22, 2016
toothyGrin:
Nonsense!

First of all, the provost does not know his basic arithmetic. Those grades he listed amounts to 50 points for 8 subjects. Now he repeated physics (where she scored her lowest) twice instead of adding the 8th subject. So her points should be somewhere above 50, which would give her at least 78.13% for O'level and 80% for UTME. On aggregate with that score, she'd out to score 79% which is above their cut off.

Then he said she ranked 103 on the list of those who chose medicine as first choice (based on her wrongly calculated scores). In the same breath he added that there are 56 candidates who scored higher than her but didn't make the cut-off. So it means they gave admission to the best 46 candidates and handpicked picked 54 others who didn't rank as high as 103.

Shame on this provost who doesn't know basic arithmetic! Shame on these Nigerian universities. undecided

Guy, take am easy. We will follow this up to the best of our abilities. God go help us.

The prof looks nice and like a person of integrity. Let's see sha.

1 Like

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by thinkative: 11:21pm On Dec 22, 2016
calebify1:
with each candidate respective scores?
of course not! who does that?
name one school that publishes aggregate scores!
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by ebuclassic18(m): 11:23pm On Dec 22, 2016
greenprince:

So true. Did my investigations for a brother at UNN and got a shocker. Human being with pass (E8) in physics got medsurg but my bro with 276 and 5 distinctions didn't even see human physiology that he later paid 10k to shop for. Soooooo annoying.

thats naija for you notting works the it should be very bad
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Unity19(m): 11:23pm On Dec 22, 2016
ogwoliun:
Maths=B3; Further Maths=B2. See ENGINEER by Birth want to become MEDICAL DOCTOR by force.
I don laff tire.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by toothyGrin: 11:27pm On Dec 22, 2016
baum1:

Guy, take am easy. We will follow this up to the best of our abilities. God go help us.

The prof looks nice and like a person of integrity. Let's see sha.
Alright. The thing is pissing me off though. Let's say he doesn't know mathematics, every mobile phone has a calculator app for heaven's sake sad

That girl is intelligent, they shouldn't kill her morale for education. Nigeria needs the best brains she can get.

1 Like

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by erinwa(m): 11:28pm On Dec 22, 2016
so with all these excuses, she has lost that admission
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by thinkative: 11:29pm On Dec 22, 2016
Vcojuro:

Bro that's a big lie, i challenge you to paste The merit and catchment list on this forum.
The oau i know do not paste admission list department by department on their website.
Post The merit and catchment list of oau admission process this year on this group and i won't talk again.
If not i am not buying your propanganda.

I still insist that The girl should have been admitted to study medicine because i nothing less than 6 candidates that didn't have up to 66 point and yet they were admitted for medicine

I left ife in 2013. and as at then I remember helping folks check their names on the admission list at the senate.

regarding the girl's case. I'm not so dumb that I would claim that the whole admission process in ife is whiter than snow. I know cases of lecturers 'helping' people into the list.

however, I insist that u stand more chance of gaining admission into ife on merit than most universities in Nigeria. UI too

1 Like

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Vcojuro: 11:29pm On Dec 22, 2016
wellmax:

Oga carry your protest go school gate is he explanation not sound enough?
You have merit list, catchment area list, ELDS list and VC list. If you don't make any of this lists, who do I blame. Scored high to make merit, if you don't and also didn't qualify for catchment or ELDS, the you better pray for long leg to meet vc list via connections. It is as simple as that.

See The person shouting vc list and tomorrow you will be shouting that nigerian education system is substandard.
See those people, supporting and sympathizing with the corrupt.

I don't believe your cheap propanganda.

If you want, people to believe your provost publish the admission list of your school and everyone will believe what you are saying and If not I buy your story.

I don't have any business with oau And I don't pray to, my concern is the bright future of a young nigerian lady that your provost want to destroy, by admitting candidates with lesser marks than that young lady.

I know you don't have a conscience but please pity that girl And admit her into medicine.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by thinkative: 11:30pm On Dec 22, 2016
calebify1:
where and where do they post it senate or DSA. Oau doesn't paste names with students aggregate scores.
which school posts admission list with student's aggregate scores? its not done!
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 22, 2016
XXLDICK:
the explanation is convincing enough

Post UTME shouldn't have been scrapped. Jamb should havd been scrapped instead
It will worsen the situation because NUC system of ELD,catchment and merit will still play
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 22, 2016
heybee72:
They should have atleast given her another course like physiology.... And if she doesn't want, face school Park and go and come and write another jamb

Do you know whether that department doesn't accept persons that didn't choose them as First choice?
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Kunlexic(m): 11:35pm On Dec 22, 2016
heybee72:
They should have atleast given her another course like physiology.... And if she doesn't want, face school Park and go and come and write another jamb

Read that No.2 point from the provost
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by dustydee: 11:41pm On Dec 22, 2016
Kendzyma:
I also think there was a mistake in the computationa..maybe u should create a thread for that and mention him
from your attachment, I can see where her problem came from.
Only 7 out of 8 subjects were loaded during her screening meaning either her or the school left out one subject when filing the screening form.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by calebify1(m): 11:42pm On Dec 22, 2016
thinkative:

which school posts admission list with student's aggregate scores? its not done!
check your fact before putting them out. Some schools do sir.
It is d right thing to do for transparency.
Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by wellmax(m): 11:44pm On Dec 22, 2016
Vcojuro:

See The person shouting vc list and tomorrow you will be shouting that nigerian education system is substandard.
See those people, supporting and sympathizing with the corrupt.

I don't believe your cheap propanganda.

If you want, people to believe your provost publish the admission list of your school and everyone will believe what you are saying and If not I buy your story.

I don't have any business with oau And I don't pray to, my concern is the bright future of a young nigerian lady that your provost want to destroy, by admitting candidates with lesser marks than that young lady.

I know you don't have a conscience but please pity that girl And admit her into medicine.

You obviously lack understanding of how schools run worldwide.
VC's list is NOT a corrupt list. If you condemn it the what do you say about catchment and ELDS?
Do you know that in Europe, admission is easier and cheaper for EU citizens? Is that also corruption. The only way to beat them is to be extra good.
You said you don't have business with OAU, little wonder you think and talk the way you just did...purely on sentiments and pity for the lady.
I had my first and second degree from OAU and have been long in the university system to know how it runs.

By the way stop exposing your ignorance. If admission list wasn't published, how did those who have bee admitted see their names?
Every list for every department is ALWAYS published.

2 Likes

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Kunlexic(m): 11:45pm On Dec 22, 2016
paulo220:
Mr Adesegun Fatusi, I challenge u to publish d admission list of this dept within 48 hours or I will take d school authority to court.
if u like take ham to efcc/icpc or the national assembly,nothing can be done since the lady cant provide evidence to backing it up she was deprived of the admission.The provost has cleared the air, she can only be admitted only by luck once she dnt meet cutoff.

1 Like

Re: Provost Of Health Sciences Oau Gives Reasons Why Mrs Aror Wasnt Admitted by Kylexy3000(m): 11:48pm On Dec 22, 2016
See how this mumu mix lie for us here oo...like say no be naija we dey..i no say pesin wey score 60% go dey that medicine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Photos Of Choice Christopher, New Delta Poly SUG President That Caused Uproar / Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree / Is This Lady One Of The Reasons Bowen Students Were Afraid Of The Drug Test?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.