Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn (6770 Views)

Osinbajo: Jonathan Shared N150bn Two Weeks To 2015 Polls / N’Assembly Increases Its 2017 Budget To N150Bn / FG Orders Payment Of N150bn To Petroleum Marketers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by Artixmentor(m): 7:31am On Dec 23, 2016
hummm.... am observing ...
Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by emperorAY(m): 7:31am On Dec 23, 2016
Nawa o, we ar crying for reduction in d allocation to d national assembly and so pple ar jacking d budget. Is the president aware of this.

Now I know y the budget increased from 6 to 7 trillion.
The nigerian youth need to wake up from the sleep of tribalism,religion and ethnicity and behave like educated pple and start questioning wat dis OLD PPLE GOVT do .forget APC and PDP they ar all criminals and unite wen they want to steal our money

1 Like

Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by Bashirfuntua(m): 7:33am On Dec 23, 2016
barawo Koko inche barayi ba rarara
Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by Saintp(m): 7:35am On Dec 23, 2016
Stupid idiots. Anyway, do I really blame them? when the president who should set the stage for eliminating fraud in the budget is the one budgeting billions for their poo poo and billions for Ask Rock rent, then these idiots will learn from it cos all the always copy are bad examples.

Naija matter don tire me sef. they can all go to hell.
Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by Philinho(m): 7:37am On Dec 23, 2016
Jesus said ...it is finished
Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by tayejay(m): 7:41am On Dec 23, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]
highrise07:
The National Assembly is set to increase its budgetary allocation in the 2017 budget to N150 billion from N115 billion, it has emerged.
A competent source in the National Assembly told Daily Sun that there is a consensus among leadership of the Senate and the House of Representatives that the federal legsilature has to jack-up its budgetary allocation in the 2017 budget, with N150 billion being the benchmark.
“You can take my word to the bank that the National Assembly is going to increase its allocation to a minimum of N150billion to ensure that we can meet our financial obligations,” he said.
The current allocation has led to many challenges the leadership of the National Assembly has struggled to manage such as delays in the payment of lawmakers’ wages, months of unpaid salaries of legislative aides and the inability of lawmakers to travel for international summits as frequently as their predecessors,” he said.
This is even as Daily Sun also learnt that the staggered supply of the controversial official vehicles for lawmakers was listed as one of the effects of inadequate budgetary allocation to the legislature.
The lawmaker, who is a committee member which the budget was referred to, noted that if the vote to the judiciary was increased, that of the National Assembly has to be reviewed upwards.
“The President announced the increase in the allocation to the judiciary, saying it will further enhance their independence.
President Muhammadu Buhari had while presenting the 2017 budget to the legislature announced increased allocation to the legislature to N100 billion compared to N70 billion in the 2016 budget.
A top member of the House, who also confirmed plans to increase the budget of the 469-member National Assembly, legislative aides, the National Assembly Commission and the Legislative Institute, said it has to be done to mitigate the effect of inflation and the crash of the naira.
The budget to the National Assembly has remained a subject of controversy with the legislature getting N150 billion from 2011 to 2015. Despite the reduction of the allocation to N115 billion in 2016 following public criticism, Senate President Bukola Saraki, in response to calls for a transparency, promised to give a breakdown of National Assembly budget in May, but he was yet to do so.
Chairman, House Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Abdulrazak Namdas, said it would be “premature” to make definitive statements on the 2017 budget.

Where the common sense advocate, who has been campaigning that Oronsanye report be implemented fast by downsizing government agencies and ministries without prescribing solution to job creations... so the whole agenda to free up resources for the national assembly...
Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by sanemann: 7:52am On Dec 23, 2016
Until our public servants realise the meaning of servant we r not going anywhere undecided
Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by Dsov2016: 7:53am On Dec 23, 2016
Kuku kill us all at once instead of all this gradual economical genocide. And our youths of today are pathetic, if you plan an uprising against these corrupt old men in power. It is your even own brother in arms that will sell you out for less than 1million naira that can't make him successful in life.
We keep consoling ourselves with the stupid and nonsensical sayings "when there is life there is hope" and "God will take control". With the way our commonwealth is being looted, there won't be any life worth living when the crow comes home to roost. Besides heaven help those who help themselves so God will not come down from heaven to save you. Your destiny is in your hands.
I regret the day I was born a Nigerian.

True talk. Maybe we should force them to be like other countries legislatives. For example Senegal removed their senate saying it is to expensive leaving only the representative. They even removed the ofice of vice president. In USA the v.p is the senate president, reducing the financial burden of the two offices. I have always and will continue to say that we do not need the senate it is to o expensive and that the only reason why it is still there is that the house of reps is dominated by the north. Find a way to make the house of reps represent the people fairly with no state or region represented more than others,make a financial revolution occur,let them meet like the way it was in oldendays U.S which was once in a while. If the y need to meet urgently well there are video conferencing app over the net, make sure they do not hold business or it should be put in a blind trust,make sure they tell u where their money comes from and finally let the pay be the minimum wage,no car or furniture or clothes or feeding or sitting allowance all these can be done by our labour force and NO CONSTITUENCY ALLOWANCES given to them. My people they will pick race and all politicians no go near the place

1 Like

Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 23, 2016
government of the politicians, by the politicians and for the politicians
Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by slex(m): 8:08am On Dec 23, 2016
If only all those various groups; Boko Haram, ND militants and others come together to face Those hooligans at the NASS things ll get better small
Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by balanceofterror1(m): 8:27am On Dec 23, 2016
Criminals

Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by Vicolan: 8:42am On Dec 23, 2016
profhezekiah:
mus U quote everything
How it take affect u oo
Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by gidlight(m): 8:44am On Dec 23, 2016
what!!!!!. our NASS as gone crazy again
Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by jamace(m): 8:46am On Dec 23, 2016
Another PADDED budget! angry

1 Like

Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by Fourwinds: 8:47am On Dec 23, 2016
Pen Robbers in d national assembly at it again......

all dey know is to camp small small girls in hotels
Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by brexit: 8:52am On Dec 23, 2016
They are robbers,one of them said senators are not corrupt,he wanted to deceive us a former governor of 8 years who looted the states money now he is a senator and they are not corrupt no wonder their children are all vagabond and slowpoke.
Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 23, 2016
Things fall apart
Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by patrickkkk: 9:27am On Dec 23, 2016
Is PDP not part of this national Assembly we talking about? Is only the truth that can guide this nation right not just party. Let the citizens march out and fight out for the truth ( their rights ) and not tribe or party.
Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 23, 2016
House of THIEVES n ROGUES!
Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by thunderbabs: 10:02am On Dec 23, 2016
No room for padding....buhari

Me: yinmu tongue
Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by youngmonie: 10:14am On Dec 23, 2016
You will not hear MR Ben Bruce say anything this o
Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by NigPatriot(m): 10:28am On Dec 23, 2016
prof1990:
increased budget for doing what exactly?

yet we stone and demand jungle justice on the average man that steals rice.

imagine this jobless men.

we need a revolution in this country. we are tired of these politicians.

We all are crying for revolution. The question is what kind of revolution?
Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 23, 2016
NigPatriot:

We all are crying for revolution. The question is what kind of revolution?

we gotta drain the swamp. all these politicians have to go.

we need people with positive ideas
Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by tit(f): 11:04am On Dec 23, 2016
Good!
Buhari thinks he is the only person who can pay rent on his own house.
Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by akaahs(m): 12:36pm On Dec 23, 2016
[quote author=prof1990 post=52183378]increased budget for doing what exactly?

yet we stone and demand jungle justice on the average man that steals rice.

imagine this jobless men.

we need a revolution in this country. we are tired of these politicians. [/quote
my broda that's exactly what we need in this country, my fellow youth re so dumb and ineffective when its come to holding our leaders accountable. If we didn't fight our leaders to do right for us, they 'll never take us serious.
Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by akaahs(m): 12:52pm On Dec 23, 2016
[quote author=Dsov2016 post=52184062]Kuku kill us all at once instead of all this gradual economical genocide. And our youths of today are pathetic, if you plan an uprising against these corrupt old men in power. It is your even own brother in arms that will sell you out for less than 1million naira that can't make him successful in life.
We keep consoling ourselves with the stupid and nonsensical sayings "when there is life there is hope" and "God will take control". With the way our commonwealth is being looted, there won't be any life worth living when the crow comes home to roost. Besides heaven help those who help themselves so God will not come down from heaven to save you. Your destiny is in your hands.
I regret the day I was born a Nigerian.

True talk. Maybe we should force them to be like other countries legislatives. For example Senegal removed their senate saying it is to expensive leaving only the representative. They even removed the ofice of vice president. In USA the v.p is the senate president, reducing the financial burden of the two offices. I have always and will continue to say that we do not need the senate it is to o expensive and that the only reason why it is still there is that the house of reps is dominated by the north. Find a way to make the house of reps represent the people fairly with no state or region represented more than others,make a financial revolution occur,let them meet like the way it was in oldendays U.S which was once in a while. If the y need to meet urgently well there are video conferencing app over the net, make sure they do not hold business or it should be put in a blind trust,make sure they tell u where their money comes from and finally let the pay be the minimum wage,no car or furniture or clothes or feeding or sitting allowance all these can be done by our labour force and NO CONSTITUENCY ALLOWANCES given to them. My people they will pick race and all politicians no go near the place
[/quote
i salute ur courage nd ur passion for dear nation. I always pity my country nigeria nd nigerians because we keep deceiving ourself nd refuse to do the right thing then we continue to shout God 'll save us mean while God hve given us the opportunity to change our situation. When are we going to stand against all this evil intention from our wicket nd inconsiderate leaders. #REVOLUTION
Re: Nass Jacks Up Own Budget To N150bn by lukency(m): 4:57pm On Dec 23, 2016
Cursed people.Nigerians are strugling to cope with recesion these daylight rubbers are using their powers to milk us dry.They taught is fun but nigerianx are heaping heavy curse on them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others / Fire Outbreak: Governor Yahaya Pledges Commitment To Safeguard Lives, Property / I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.