Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,735 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others (6775 Views)

Nigerians To Learn Modern Mining In Australia - Dele Alake / Amitolu Shittu: Lawmakers, Ex-governors Behind Illegal Mining In Osun / Video Of Illegal Gold Mining In Kano Emerges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by MiningNG: 4:42pm On Feb 06, 2019
THE Federal Government has struck a partnership with the Osun and Kebbi state governments to develop gold mining.

The pilot scheme of the “Presidential Initiative to streamline gold mining for the benefit of the people, the artisans and the governments”, is soon to be launched.

Three others states – Niger, Kaduna, Zamfara – which possess mineral resources in large volume, are also to enjoy the Federal Government’s partnership to boost the plan to diversify the nation’s economy from its reliance on oil revenue.

The initiative in Osun, Kebbi and other states, is based on the volume of available gold deposits and the willingness of the state governments to develop the mining sector to generate resources and to create jobs for their people.

There is a large deposit of gold in the eastern part of Osun State, which is currently being mined haphazardly with little or no control from the government.

According to the Federal Government’s initiative, artisanal miners will be organised to facilitate better output and the enjoyment of the benefit of their resources.

After a period of training, the artisanal miners will be able to access micro-credit and be exposed to further capacity-building.

The Federal Government, it was learnt, intends to grow the solid minerals’ Gross Domestic Product (GDP) by over eight per cent in 2020 under the Economic Recovery Growth Plan (ERGP).

Osun State Governor Gboyega Oyetola is excited about the prospects in the plan for his people, who will reap the benefits while his government will get the opportunity to boost its IGR.

Oyetola said: “I look forward to the effects this will have on our people with the job opportunities and the chance for a better life for our people, who are ready to take advantage of the natural resources they have in their backyard.

“For us as a government, we will improve on our revenue generation and, therefore, have the resources to be able to cater for the needs of our people.

“It is good to streamline the activities at the mining sites to standardise things and ensure the all stakeholders get the benefits – the community, the people and the government.”

The governor promised to cooperate with the Federal Government in whatever plan it has for the mining sector in the state.

He said the initiative is in line with the objectives of his government, which is to tap into all the available resources

He noted that he met with Minister of Mines and Steel Development Alhaji Bawa Bwari in Abuja last December on the possibility of Federal Government’s support or partnership with the state to boost mining.

Oyetola said he was also looking forward to the banana farming collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Agriculture.

Source; https://www.miningng.com/fg-to-boost-gold-mining-in-osun-others/

2 Likes

Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by oyebanji44: 4:45pm On Feb 06, 2019
grin grin Buhari deserves praise

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by JessetariahMD(m): 5:05pm On Feb 06, 2019
This scammer above me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by dipopooo(m): 5:05pm On Feb 06, 2019
Shakamaje.... Just for the election

5 Likes

Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 06, 2019
Ok

HELP OUR ORGANIZATION.

The team of Inmates For Christ Outreach want to appreciate your support so far.

In recent months, we have been able to reach out to some few Prisons, and A lot of Police cells to reach out to the inmates, who are longing passionately for God's love, from God's People, and of course we have some handful of testimonies of conversion of inmates.

I, on behalf of the Inmates For Christ's Outreach's team, hereby solicits for your DONATIONS, for the effectiveness of the ministry, (Bibles, Relief Materials, Medical Services, Food Services, ministry car, etc. , are all needed).

For those outside Nigeria, you can send your donations to my PayPal Account, for those within Nigeria, you can send your donations to my local account, printed on the image attached.

Please, it's all about what you can give, it's about love for those that are hopelessly longing for Hope and Healing from the Lord, we will also appreciate materials if not money.

God Can Use You Too!

Be free to ask Questions.

God Bless You!

Israel Oluwashina Ahmadu. (Lead Evangelist, Inmates For Christ's Outreach.)

2 Likes

Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by stanluiz(m): 5:06pm On Feb 06, 2019
Skull mining nko.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 06, 2019
They are the ones making this promises now o before they blame Amaechi

1 Like

Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by JayNok(m): 5:08pm On Feb 06, 2019
Osun?? Skull mining ko gold mining ni.....lol

1 Like

Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by vicmymy1: 5:09pm On Feb 06, 2019
This is a good idea from the FG!

2 Likes

Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by hadasther: 5:14pm On Feb 06, 2019
Great Discounts on Jumia...Join the Jumia Discount Party here: https:///2MS07eW
Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by Neduzze5(m): 5:17pm On Feb 06, 2019
Off to Kebbi!!
Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 06, 2019
FG just remembered Osun has gold? issorite

1 Like

Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by Jonadull: 5:29pm On Feb 06, 2019
uzobaby:
Igbo having headache on top Osun State matter.
Very typical

6 Likes

Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by magaji700(m): 5:30pm On Feb 06, 2019
State of Osun, Atakumosa East Local Government
sad

1 Like

Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by Jonadull: 5:30pm On Feb 06, 2019
JayNok:
Yet another pained Igbo.
Please stay away from express roads.

6 Likes

Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by daninphilo(m): 5:32pm On Feb 06, 2019
JayNok:
c sadist ipob children always full of themselves never luv anything abt other people.

7 Likes

Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by alhassanyusuf29(m): 5:35pm On Feb 06, 2019
Nyamuri flat.heads not happy as usual.. they want something that will boost drug peddling business
JayNok:

3 Likes

Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by Futureyahooboi(m): 5:43pm On Feb 06, 2019
This government is the most confused government no be only gold mining, abeg make i just dey look dem with left eye
Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 06, 2019
[quote author=Jonathan post=75478258]
Igbo having headache on top Osun State matter.
Very typical [/quote what has tribe got to do with my statement??that is how you people bring tribalism into issues? ?
Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by baratech: 6:28pm On Feb 06, 2019
Abeg
Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by Gabriel004: 7:01pm On Feb 06, 2019
JayNok:
The thing really pain you o
Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by BuhariLooter(m): 7:05pm On Feb 06, 2019
Atiku the right choice, lets get Nigeria workingPastor Osinbajo was supposed to be the Esther or Shedrac, Mishak and Abedniggo or David of Nigerian Christians.
Unfortunately Pastor Osinbajo is VP for himself and family alone; even RCCG cannot point at any tangible benefit of having Osinbajo as a Member and Provincial Pastor as VP.
When Osinbajo was sworn in as VP, he was asked whether he preferred to be addressed as "Pastor" or "professor" he said he preferred to be addressed as "Professor", at the expense of his ordination as a Provincial Pastor.
Today, his campaign posters address him as "Pastor Osinbajo" and not "Professor Osinbajo"Buhari has no money to buy APC nomination form whereas his son who has never worked anywhere could afford multimillion Naira motorcycle.
What is worse? Buhari daughter who was "let my people go" student of Law School is in a plum job in NNPC, Osinbajo daughter is a bigtime business woman in her teens, APC politician children are CBN employees, while N-Power and BMC of N30k is best for you
... and several other instances
As a child growing up, we were told to be very careful and mindful of those we associate with, this is simply because its impossible to find a good man in the midst of thieves. The fact that Buhari is not only wining and dining with thieves, but also shielding them, proves that Buhari is a greater thief. Like they say show me your friends and i will show you who you are.
If you read this and still vote for Buhari and APC, then look at the mirror, the person you see there is ... AN IDIOT!Up till now Osinbajo has not seen the need for FG to pay the terrorists to release Leah, but he is going about distributing billions of Naira in the name of Tradermoni, while Leah Sharibu is still languishing in the hands of the terrorist group for her faith in Pastor Osinbajo's Lord Jesus Christ.
Somebody is deceiving us Christians. The truth must be told.
Catholic Bishops were murdered inside Church by fulani herdsmen who have Buhari's full support, Pastor Osinbajo just merely explained it away as "we will fish out the culprits".
Only recently, a Christian former Chief of Defence Staff was murdered in very very questionable circumstances.
How many shall we count?ANYBODY NOT VOTING ATIKUOBI IS DEMENTED,IDIOTIC PIG.

1 Like

Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by Alsayer: 7:20pm On Feb 06, 2019
One one hand this will have positive effects on our economy in the near future, but on the other hand it'll have negative impacts on the environment and many ecosystems that'll be affected
Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by Starpress: 7:27pm On Feb 06, 2019
Chinese scholarships available at undergraduate and graduate levels. Check my signature.
Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by lakesidepapa(m): 7:35pm On Feb 06, 2019
magaji700:
State of Osun, Atakumosa East Local Government
sad

Thats my source.. Iperindo, Imogbara, Odo ijesha, Orogbo, Ipole and some part of Ilesha lands are full of gold.
Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by gratefulheart(m): 7:41pm On Feb 06, 2019
They are thieves and gold robbers. they are after our gold and we will resist them.

uzobaby:
Re: FG To Boost Gold Mining In Osun, Others by magaji700(m): 9:41pm On Feb 06, 2019
lakesidepapa:

Thats my source.. Iperindo, Imogbara, Odo ijesha, Orogbo, Ipole and some part of Ilesha lands are full of gold.
I did my youth corp there, Iperindo to b precise.
Truth b told, d locals there r ignorant about the illegal exploration of gold at their backyard by the Chinese. When we told one of d native there about it he said "won gba sample ni"( they are still collecting samples). But what do I know undecided

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Be Wise. There's A Scam Going On / Court Freezes Ibru’s N500bn Bank Accounts / Military Barracks Bombed In Kwami LGA In Gombe State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.