Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,593 members, 7,816,462 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s (6783 Views)

"I Owe No One Apology For Commending Buhari": Wike To PDP Members / Akeredolu: Amotekun Not For Ethnic Persecution / I Owe Nobody Any Apology For Supporting Buhari - Kenneth Okonkwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by FuglyGurl(f): 2:32pm On Mar 19, 2023
Bayo Onanuga, the spokesperson for Bola Tinubu Presidential Campaign Council, has doubled down on his ethnic slur against Igbos in Lagos, insisting the Igbos are “existential threats” to Yorubas.

Criticised for his controversial and divisive ethnocentric statement, Mr Onanuga in another tweet said “let me make myself abundantly clear: the views I express on Twitter are my personal views.

“I don’t owe anyone any apology for addressing the existential threats of our people. I am after all, first of all a Yoruba, before being a Nigerian,” he added.

Earlier on Sunday, Peoples Gazette reported how Mr Onanuga in a tweet pushed outright exclusion of Nigerians of Igbo extraction from Lagos political power, marking an escalation of ethnic controversies that enveloped the governorship election of March 18.

“Let 2023 be the last time of Igbo interference in Lagos politics,” Mr Onanuga said, tweeting a photo of Peter Obi, an Igbo from Anambra State who backed Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour, a Yoruba from Lagos, in the Saturday’s election. “Let there be no repeat in 2027.”

Mr Onanuga’s position on the recent political developments in Lagos runs contrary to Mr Tinubu who has sued for national coherence following his victory last month.

Festus Keyamo, another spokesperson for APC PCC, in a tweet on Sunday after Mr Onanuga’s controversial statement went viral said: “I TOTALLY deplore tribal politics. I am a product of different regions of Nigeria. I’ve NEVER in my life written or promoted one tribe over another, even in campaigns. No one should ever rile a whole tribe & this applies to all sides – North/South/East/West in Nigeria’s politics.”

For decades, Lagos, a state in Yoruba-dominated southwestern Nigeria, has played host to citizens from other parts of the country who also play active roles in its business and politics.

However, Nigerian most cosmopolitan city has been rocked by divisive ethnic tension this election season as politicians pull ethnic strings to gain an advantage.

Mr Onanuga’s statement targeted at the Igbos, which has been widely condemned by Twitter users, comes as President-elect Tinubu prepares to take over leadership of a highly polarised country.

In the February 25 presidential election, Mr Obi’s Labour Party defeated Mr Tinubu, the ruling All Progressives Congress presidential campaign, in Lagos, where Mr Tinubu was once a governor from 1999 to 2007 and held the de facto position as the godfather of all governors since then.

Though Mr Tinubu emerged winner of the presidential election after all results from all 36 states were collated and announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission, Mr Obi’s victory in Lagos came as a shocker to many. The declaration of Mr Tinubu as president-elect is now being challenged at the election petition tribunal.

Saturday’s governorship election in Lagos saw APC thugs roaming the streets warning citizens who will not vote for their party to stay at home.

This followed an earlier threat by notorious Lagos thug, Musiliu ‘MC Oluomo’ Akinsanya, threatening Igbos who will not vote for the APC in the governorship election to stay at home.

Mr Adenuga’s comments came as Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu appeared set to win re-election in Lagos, a victory many already condemned as coming via maximum ethnic violence unleashed on Igbo residents across the nation’s commercial capital on election day.

https://gazettengr.com/i-owe-no-one-apology-for-ethnic-slur-against-igbos-they-are-threats-to-yorubas-bayo-onanuga/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by ESDKING: 2:35pm On Mar 19, 2023
Insecured clown always afraid of his own shadow..
If it's not weakness, why would you be afraid of Igbos even in the land you claimed that's yours?

Why would sane human being hating one of his own because of politics.?
.Some people said his blood is diluted, that he's not a pure Yoruba grin grin, forgetting the fact that Tinubu they are hiding under to attack Gbadebo had Igbo grandchild as well ..

I hope the same charlatans won't wake up tomorrow and call Tinubu's grandson omo ale if he wants to contest election.. APC jazz on some people is terrible..

As for this man, let him keep gloating while it lasts..

Again, internet never forgets.. Everybody is watching!!..

One thing is certain, as long as Igbos are paying tax, they must exercise their franchise anywhere they are as long as Nigeria remains United.. If you don't want Igbos to participate in election begin to agitate for Nigeria break up where you will have different constitution banning foreigners from participating in politics

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by LeoDeKing: 2:35pm On Mar 19, 2023
Bayo Onanuga is my kind of politician. I just renew my likeness for him a million more times.

You can't continue trying to sound politically correct while scallywags, riff raffs and societal dregs keep throwing nonsense at your face.

Bloody damn that politically correct bulshit and show useless braggarts the exact stuff you are made of.

Anyone not happy with his assertion can go bring down thunder and brimstones.

God bless President Elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
God bless SW SS NW NE and NC
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians.

46 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by Obinwenite(m): 2:36pm On Mar 19, 2023
Nawao …lol. Nigeria wake up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by AdaojoTheUrchin: 2:36pm On Mar 19, 2023
The military gave us the constitution that we are killing to defend today, so why demonizing the military?

The military handed over to politicians who asked for democracy. Yet these 'quasi-democrats' cannot manage a simple election that other democratic countries organise without rancour and rigging. They claim to be democrats but threaten other Nigerians from freely voting their choice. They kill, they maim, they mutilate results and steal people's votes.

Nigeria's election swallows 300 billion Naira every four years, voting is done on a flimsy paper and fake results are manually mutilated and written in the bedroom of politicians after collation at the polling stations. Are the voters who stand in the rain and sunshine that worthless?

Political thugs are everywhere threatening and killing people who want to vote their choice. How is that different from the Liberian war where people's hands were cut off to prevent them from voting?

The Solution
In the event that judiciary becomes too cowardly to call a spade a spade and end rubber-stampping this open electoral heist that has negated every norms of democratic process, the military must must not hesitate to save the country from being thrown into anarchy by politicians who do not believe in the rights of others in a free democracy.

How will they do this? An interim government should take charge and fix the electoral system to ensure that minimal or zero human interference is allowed in our electoral system.

A 100% electronic voting system is what is needed now. Voters get accredited with their voter's card ONLY ONCE, and then vote in a paperless electronic manner, the votes are recorded and sent directly to the server and seen on the INEC IREV in REAL-TIME.
It has to be transparent, so that losers and winners will agree with the results.

Rigging of elections usually happens between when ballots are counted and when the votes are collated by INEC. That is usually when the results are mutilated or destroyed and the fake ones recorded..That should be stemmed in the tide by e-polling and e-collation and e-transmission of votes. A lot of money will be saved from printing worthless ballot papers that can be snatched anytime by political thugs trying to subvert the process.

Politicians who have vested interests cannot give us a perfect electoral system. When the debate for BVAS and IreV was brought up on the floor of the Senate last year, many sitting politicians afraid of loss of popularity back home, opposed the inclusion of clause 'INEC shall transmit electronically', this has given INEC and politicians the wherewithal to claim 'there is no network, we will transmit the votes when we get to the office', allowing the sustenance of an electoral system that is fraught with heavy irregularities.

Videos abound of INEC presiding officials who have been bribed by politicians telling the voters 'we will not upload until we get to the office', of course we know that once they get to their office (or the sitting rooms of politicians), the results are mutilated or changed outrightly. That's an insult to the Nigerian voters.

No politician will allow such reform to happen, not even Tinubu will let that happen. Only a dispassionate interim military government can institute an electoral reform that will be fair to all and hand it over to Nigerians.
We need to consider this a surgical procedure that will strengthen true democracy in the aftermath.

2 Likes

Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by Philgafauto: 2:36pm On Mar 19, 2023
Hmmmmmm.
Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by Ireportlive: 2:36pm On Mar 19, 2023
Tell them to their face... I won't have to wake up in future explaining to my grandchildren how our land and heritage turned no man's land because some idiots won't stay where God created them

28 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by Dentidon: 2:37pm On Mar 19, 2023
Mr Onanuga in another tweet said “let me make myself abundantly clear: the views I express on Twitter are my personal views.

His personal views as stated above and I concurred with it.

You can't hate us while living on our soil. Get that sunk into your brain if you've got any.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by SmartPolician: 2:39pm On Mar 19, 2023
Too much post-election noise.

The funny thing about Nigeria is that two tribes cannot end it.

If you kill yourselves, others will just watch from their ends.

It's quite unfortunate that Igbos are always in the middle of this endless crossfire.
Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by OsunOriginal: 2:39pm On Mar 19, 2023
Those who think Onanugu should apologize must have their heads examined. He spoke on behalf of the Yorubas (anywhere they might be). Igbos should blame themselves for whatever happens to them if they continue to poke their irritating noses into the politics of Lagos. Yorubas like Gbadebo who want to take advantage of the clannishness of igbos should be rendered personal non-grata in our political space.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by Ofemmanu1: 2:39pm On Mar 19, 2023
Aye yeeboe ti baje..

We no go give them chance again.

Make Dem go die for potopoto.

I just finished one yeeboe kpekus now.

I go control another one later.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by Karemarealty288(m): 2:40pm On Mar 19, 2023
The Amber of genocide he is fanning will consume him and his family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by Bobloco: 2:40pm On Mar 19, 2023
These are the kind of people that will be the face of a Tinubu government

Ethnic bigots

7 Likes

Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by Urheadmaster(m): 2:42pm On Mar 19, 2023
Is that the reason why you killed ifeanyi Adeleke
Ofemmanu1:
Aye yeeboe ti baje..

Yorubas are murderers tongue

2 Likes

Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by Philgafauto: 2:42pm On Mar 19, 2023
OsunOriginal:
Those who think Onanugu should apologize must have their heads examined. He spoke on behalf of the Yorubas (anywhere they might be). Igbos should blame themselves for whatever happens to them if they continue to poke their irritating noses into the politics of Lagos. Yorubas like Gbadebo who want to take advantage of the clannishness of igbos should be rendered personal non-grata in our political space.

He didn’t speak on my behalf ooo.

I condemn the hate speech of Mr. Bayo Onanuga.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by Karemarealty288(m): 2:42pm On Mar 19, 2023
Ireportlive:
Tell them to their face... I won't have to wake up in future explaining to my grandchildren how our land and heritage turned no man's land because some idiots won't stay where God created them

Still tell your children how lazy you were not to work hard but depended on selling your heritage cos of the passion to spray Pasuma.

8 Likes

Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by Madmohamed123: 2:42pm On Mar 19, 2023
FuglyGurl:

https://gazettengr.com/i-owe-no-one-apology-for-ethnic-slur-against-igbos-they-are-threats-to-yorubas-bayo-onanuga/
wee will bring tinubu presidency down if he there to intimidate igbo what wee will do to his government will be child play to compare to buhari he should ask buhari how far he will tell you that he see shaga from igbo

Wee will use social media to atack let Tinubu do nonsense if he will be the president i don't think so.
If yeruba think they will defend him let us see.

The only thing that will save him is to carry everyone together or he will never rest

We will make sure his BP will allways high until he give up so let him carry igbo along if the Curt don't sack him

2 Likes

Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by mariahAngel(f): 2:43pm On Mar 19, 2023
Ofemmanu1:
Aye yeeboe ti baje..

O baje ti!

A tribe who God almighty has blessed, who can curse?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by EmekaBlue(m): 2:43pm On Mar 19, 2023
Yes it's OK

Yoruba and blood love for their Ethnicity is thick

Just like their Amala ati Ewedu

It's allowed
Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by inoki247: 2:43pm On Mar 19, 2023
Lol why making it look like Is Tinubu that said all this you people and always looking for sympathy....

This is Onanuga personal view so why making the heading looks like it was Tinubu that said this....

You people don start to build another propaganda wey u go dey attach in 4yrs time...

3 Likes

Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by Philgafauto: 2:43pm On Mar 19, 2023
OsunOriginal:
Those who think Onanugu should apologize must have their heads examined. He spoke on behalf of the Yorubas (anywhere they might be). Igbos should blameoi themselves for whatever happens to them if they continue to poke their irritating noses into politics of Lagos. Yorubas like Gbadebo who want to take advantage of the clannishness of igbos should be rendered personal non-grata in our political space.

If we sane Yorubas find people like you in real life, wr will kill you. Just continue disgracing us online.

And for your information, Tinubu won’t be sworn in.

Just watch.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by OsunOriginal: 2:43pm On Mar 19, 2023
Philgafauto:

He didn’t speak on my behalf ooo.

I condemn the hate speech of Mr. Bayo Onanuga.

Who cares what one inconsequential person thinks? I spoke on our behalf, the Yorubas

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by Goke7: 2:45pm On Mar 19, 2023
Bobloco:
These are the kind of people that will be the face of a Tinubu government

Ethnic bigots

Obi is one too, he said Igbos lost more than Yorubas during June 12 crisis,

1 Like

Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by Freshtruth(m): 2:46pm On Mar 19, 2023
May God help Igbo's this next 4years

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by Philgafauto: 2:46pm On Mar 19, 2023
Madmohamed123:
wee will bring tinubu presidency down if he there to intimidate igbo what wee will do to his government will be child play to compare to buhari he should ask buhari how far he will tell you that he see shaga from igbo

Wee will use social media to atack let Tinubu do nonsense if he will be the president i don't think so.

He won’t even be sworn in ass to president. That kind of man must never be allowed to be President. Patriotic Nigerians should make sure he’s not sworn in.

Whatever it takes. He doesn’t speak for us Yorubas.
Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by Philgafauto: 2:47pm On Mar 19, 2023
Freshtruth:
May God help Igbo's this next 4years

Nothing dey happen. Tinubu won’t be sworn in so no fear.

1 Like

Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by Bobloco: 2:48pm On Mar 19, 2023
Goke7:

Obi is one too, he said Igbos lost more than Yorubas during June 12 crisis,

Kindly get out of my mention because I wasn't referring to you
Re: I Owe No One Apology For Ethnic Slur Against Igbos; They're Threats - Tinubu’s by Ireportlive: 2:48pm On Mar 19, 2023
Karemarealty288:

Still tell your children how lazy you were not to work hard but depended on selling your heritage cos of the passion to spray Pasuma.

Atleast I can proudly say my family own properties in United Kingdom unlike some worthless intruders looking for small land in dumpster because their landlock small land is not enough for them

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N'Delta Elders Wont Support Jonathan In 2015 If He Fails To Improve The Region / My Visit To Enugu Tunnel, Today. Shame!!! / Governor Udom Emmanuel Presents N670.72bn Budget For 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.