Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,493 members, 7,836,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo (17709 Views)

"Meet With Nnamdi Kanu" - Obasanjo Tells Buhari / Defection: Declare Now Or Forget It, APC Tells S/east Govs / You’re Now Wiser After Leaving Office, Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by seguno2: 3:56pm On Dec 23, 2016
That was how Obasanjo developed the south west during his 11 years as military dictator and civilian president.
He is speaking from his personal knowledge and experience.
Sarcastic mode.

2 Likes

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by victorvezx(m): 3:56pm On Dec 23, 2016
MYGFGSGH:
So to you south south/ niger delta people are people of no tribe and has no Ibo in them, continue to fool yourself with your Yoruba lies.
Igbos are in the Niger delta but they are a minority with the others. Igbos can never claim Niger delta as part of their territory because they are many tribes that are more relevant than them there like the Ijaws and ogoni,

4 Likes

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by TheEminentLaity: 3:57pm On Dec 23, 2016
I read only the title and would say that OBJ is spot-on because it is absolutely the right thing and approach for development. However, in the Nigerian context, this further shows how much in servitude the other regions of Nigeria is to the north/Hausa/Fulani. Imagine if GEJ had told the northern governors this same statement..OK he was the president at the time but imagine if as a past president or any non-northern past president for that matter tells the Northern governors to forget about FG and develop their states is better left for our imagination.

As much as we would like to pretend that this one Nigeria project would somehow work someday, I close to zero faith in it. How the most uneducated, illiterate and religious fundamentalist class of the country got to subdue the rest of the country to always do their bidding even subconsciously is beyond me. I am no tribalist but Nigeria always finds a way of stirring up ethnic sentiments in the most neutral of people. Nobody was born to dislike or be prejudiced against a certain group of Nigerians but when injustice and nepotism keeps rearing up its ugly head especially in a condescending manner one simply adapts.

Before the labelling...Biafra wouldn't be any better and isn't the solution. South Eastern states are still some of the worst governed in the country and it is only a reflection of the people in those states. Honestly, Nigeria needs overhauling. In my opinion, no Hausa/Fulani man from their political class should become president for the next 20 years, that way there would be significant progress but for now...Nigeria don kaput.

4 Likes

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by victorvezx(m): 3:59pm On Dec 23, 2016
cstr19:
You are a bloody liar.
Imo and Abia state are significant oil producers and are part of the so-called niger-delta and they contribute far much more than that.
How the hell are you guys able to vomit these untruths and still get away with it is something I will never understand.
Is there a brain killer in that amala you guys eat?
Each state in igboland produces less than 25,000 barrels of oil per day. Igboland is not a significant oil producer. Stop deceiving urself. Ur region is not so relevant when it comes to natural resources.

3 Likes

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by kedeojo(m): 4:00pm On Dec 23, 2016
Qmerit:

Do they still receive allocations from Abj till tomorrow if yes you are lying!
don't mind him. South east still depend on monthly allocation from FG and he now want thesame govt not to collect taxes from the region. The government will be d benefeciary if both have to stop funding each other. he think the taxes generated in easterner region monthly in respective states can even pay salaries not to talk of providing infrastructures. The same guy will say the president is not educated and look at an educated person now. Am very sure when d president was his age, he didn't reason like dis because he was already tru from NMS which is equivalent to university.

4 Likes

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by demolaxl(m): 4:08pm On Dec 23, 2016
Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by cstr19: 4:10pm On Dec 23, 2016
victorvezx:

Each state in igboland produces less than 25,000 barrels of oil per day. Igboland is not a significant oil producer. Stop deceiving urself. Ur region is or relent when it comes to natural resources.
Shut the fucck up, you illiterate.
Where did you get your stats from? Besides, the crude in igboland is enough to power our own industrial revolution and serve the fuel needs of every Igbo man, woman and child in igboland.
Anambra state is also a major gas reserve basin, and probably one of the highest reserves in Africa.
Enugu state has enough to power the whole of west Africa, and coal is also the most readily available and the most used source of power in the world including the united states and china.
Ebonyi state is a major solid mineral site, and also a food producing giant.
Igboland has everything she needs to excel and prosper. I don't factor the need of other parts of Nigeria into my calculations neither does it matter.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by obiezed: 4:12pm On Dec 23, 2016
[quote author=victorvezx post=52195636]
Why have u not used ur so called human resources potentials to make any part of Igboland even look like ogun state. Why do u people still full buses leaving ur erosion ravaged region to Lagos and other parts of Nigeria? Did they tell u they need ur so called human resource potentials? Do u know after the north, the east is the least developed region? Do u know igboland is the least developed in the whole south. South west and south south is above u in everything. Ur region should only be competing with the north. [/quote

Yawns
People like you are boring and just plain bitter, you really have no idea what it takes to develop a region.
P.s the agitators are fighting so your region wont have bus loads of people trooping in,so what's the problem??,nobody is competing with anybody,they are fighting for the chance sink or swim to direct their own destiny,is that too hard to understand?,you think you know their shortcomings more than them.yeah right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:13pm On Dec 23, 2016
cool epic response. I love that. Obasanjo did not develop anywhere in the west except Ota farm
shortgun:
We are already doing that....just tell the Fed. Govt to stop collecting taxes in the South East

1 Like

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by cstr19: 4:14pm On Dec 23, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by LoveDecay(m): 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2016
cstr19:
Where did you get your stats from? Besides, the crude in igboland is enough to power our own industrial revolution and serve the fuel needs of every Igbo man, woman and child in igboland.
Anambra state is also a major gas reserve basin, and probably one of the highest reserves in Africa.
Enugu state has enough to power the whole of west Africa, and coal is also the most readily available and the most used source of power in the world including the united states and china.
Igboland has everything she needs to excel and prosper. I don't factor the need of other parts of Nigeria into my calculations neither does it matter.

My only pain is that if you ever get this Biafra .... after it fails like south - sudan... Nigeria and Nigerian will have to foot the bill, and all that shit.

I wish we could cut you out like a piece of meat and place you near ghana, uganda or ivory coast so someone else can deal with the security issues that come will eventually come with your land. Your leaders will do a terrible job.

The east is already a high crime area, Nnamdi Kanu and his cohorts are barbaric . Unfortunately, he is your king... which I think is good becuase Ibo land is too weak at the center ... and only a barbarian like Nnamdi can scare all those wussies like you ... into line.

2 Likes

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by victorvezx(m): 4:18pm On Dec 23, 2016
cstr19:
Lol, stop consoling urself my brother, no matter the other natural resources u have there, it will never fetch u the fast, quick, and huge money oil will get u. Ur talking of Enugu coal, how are u sure that Enugu coal can power all of west Africa when it can't even power Enugu alone? Lol. The only popular resources in ebonyi state is limestone for cement. Ur talking of Anambra gas, do I have evidence that has there is large enough? Why have the world not acknowledged that fact except u

3 Likes

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by backtosender: 4:18pm On Dec 23, 2016
cstr19:
Kano state alone gets more federal allocations than the entire south east combined. The same federal allocations that has significantly reduced under your buhari.
The south east is not civil service oriented. The south west though is a region of civil servants.
Tell your federal government to stop sending us federal allocations, and then remove her hands from oil royalties , and other taxes from the south east, and the see if the south east will not be better off.
exactly!se region don't need anything from Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by cstr19: 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2016

1 Like

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by victorvezx(m): 4:21pm On Dec 23, 2016
cstr19:
Kano state alone gets more federal allocations than the entire south east combined. The same federal allocations that has significantly reduced under your buhari.
The south east is not civil service oriented. The south west though is a region of civil servants.
Tell your federal government to stop sending us federal allocations, and then remove her hands from oil royalties , and other taxes from the south east, and the see if the south east will not be better off.
U have no oil in the south east, u can't call 50,000 barrels of oil per day for a population of 40 million south easterners oil

3 Likes

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by cstr19: 4:21pm On Dec 23, 2016
victorvezx:

Lol, stop consoling urself my brother, no matter the other natural resources u have there, it will never fetch u the fast, quick, and huge money oil will get u. Ur talking of Enugu coal, how are u sure that Enugu coal can power all of west Africa when it can't even power Enugu alone? Lol. The only popular resources in ebonyi state is limestone for cement. Ur talking of Anambra gas, do I have evidence that has there is large enough? Why have the world not acknowledged that fact except u
You are an illiterate.
Stop wasting my time with unintelligent retorts.
Go and make research before coming here to waste my time.

4 Likes

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by obiezed: 4:22pm On Dec 23, 2016
LoveDecay:

My only pain is that if you ever get this Biafra .... after it fails like south - sudan... Nigeria and Nigerian will have to foot the bill, and all that shit.

I wish we could cut you out like a piece of meat and place you near ghana, uganda or ivory coast so someone else can deal with the security issues that come will eventually come with your land.

Yeah ,thank you very much for your concern,find below how many Bleep we give.

ZERO.

1 Like

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by victorvezx(m): 4:23pm On Dec 23, 2016
[quote author=obiezed post=52196905][/quote]
Yimu, and please tell me how the agitation has stopped ur people from still leaving the south east in full buses.

2 Likes

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by cstr19: 4:27pm On Dec 23, 2016
victorvezx:

U have no oil in the south east, u can't call 50,000 barrels of oil per day for a population of 40 million south easterners oil
50,000 barrels of oil is enough to fuel the region.
We are not going to sell it like your shitty country has been doing and ripping yourselves off.
We are going to refine it, process the humongous value chains, and then get rich.
And btw, The south east produce far more than 50,000 barrels of oil per day, minus the gas reserves, minus the unexplored, undiscovered deposits in the old eastern basin, minus the unparalleled coal deposits in the Enugu heights.
So yes, we have too much fossil fuel than we actually need.

3 Likes

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by victorvezx(m): 4:33pm On Dec 23, 2016
cstr19:
We are not going to sell it like your shitty country has been doing and ripping yourselves off.
We are going to refine it, process the humongous value chains, and then get rich.
And btw, The south east produce far more than 50,000 barrels of oil per day, minus the gas reserves, minus the unexplored, undiscovered deposits in the old eastern basin, minus the unparalleled coal deposits in the Enugu heights.
Hahahahahahaha, u re trying so hard to make it huge, while in normal sense, it's just little. How have u being using ur coal, I mean, does Nigeria even export coal? Hell, we hardly even use it. Bro u ain't getting rich from oil because u have non

2 Likes

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by zaydocheme: 4:36pm On Dec 23, 2016
Nice! Easier said than done, though!
Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by Dukenoble: 4:44pm On Dec 23, 2016
Mr. OBJ, shee na yoruba people use their hand develop yoruba land? Infact eehh...if to say u be small pikin, i for flog u wella. Mtchewwww
Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by backtosender: 4:47pm On Dec 23, 2016
cstr19:
why do you keep quoting a lunatic ewedu eating Afonja full of hate?his brain is flat like a flat tyre

2 Likes

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by Codes151(m): 4:53pm On Dec 23, 2016
While u use our money to develop the north abi Everyone should developer his or her own zone in his or her own might!
Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by manny4life(m): 4:54pm On Dec 23, 2016
victorvezx:

Niger delta states (South South) combine produces 2.9 million barrels of oil per day, while igboland only produces less than 50,000 barrels per day, go figure out. The day true federalism will be implemented, u will suffer like the northerners u make fun of because u people have little to No tangible resources for export.

Lmao, you're just as empty as they come, you throw out numbers without supporting your purported claim with a backup. Assuming I accepted your stats, you honestly believe that true federalism is all about controlling oil resources? How silly can this be? This is why economic issues shouldn't be discussed in a beer parlor. So in your mind, you really believed if we really practiced true federalism, according to you, no oil in the SE would make SE suffer? Here are a few pointers

- Without oil, the SE on average has the lowest poverty [PAP Report], I'll leave you to deduct what this means,
- During the cash policy by SLS when it was introduced in June 2014, according to their study, there were 5 states that topped the list of cash movers... Anambra was no.4 and Lagos and Anambra were the least oil producing states
- Anambra and Enugu has been listed among 9 states alongside Lagos as states that are economically viable. In fact, the term is "financially prudent" states not saddled with so much debt in comparison to their GDP.
- Academically, the SE surpasses all other regions (WAEC and other examination councils have proved it time and time again). Let the govt hands off and several years later, let's take a stock of how far we've come.

With these few pointers, what am I trying to say?
Despite the federal govt's blockage to hold the SE down, contrary to your myopic belief, the SE is economically viable even without oil at least quoting your own numbers. If we practiced true federalism, first and foremost, the SE would be one of the MOST prosperous regions. Why?

a. Our local govt (without the state) would function, there would be grass root development considering that SE has the highest # of small scale and indigenous factories. Heck, Innoson has set the pace and is going higher and higher, mark my word 20 years from today, you'd see that SE is a global exporter of auto vehicles.

b. Our states would grow rapidly, let the govt hand over the airports, seaport, and rails to private companies like the U.S. and you watch and see magic happen right before your own eyes. Why do you think the FG has refused to dredge Onitsha river and wouldn't grant approval for it to be dredged? Why do you think the SE was removed from he rail modernization plan? Even on the issue of power, former minister of power that started his own power generating company in Aba was consistently disturbed. Let the govt hands off, and you'll know how economically hungry we are.

c. The SE is blessed beyond oil, the coal deposits in Enugu is more than enough to generate enough power to lighten up the entire SE and even for export. Imo is blessed with oil and gas (I believe they have more of gas deposits) that's yet untapped. Advanced R&grin would definitely open the gateway to be the next GAZPROM of Nigeria, may be even Biafra tongue

I would stop for now but I think you need to educate yourself because the SE don't need NIGER DELTA OIL to succeed. ND needs the SE and not the other way around. We have shown resilience in the times like this and even worse, think about when it's better.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by manny4life(m): 5:03pm On Dec 23, 2016
victorvezx:

Hahahahahahaha, u re trying so hard to make it huge, while in normal sense, it's just little. How have u being using ur coal, I mean, does Nigeria even export coal? Hell, we hardly even use it. Bro u ain't getting rich from oil because u have non

You see why I said you need to educate yourself... Coal deposits are use to fire power generating turbine that produce electricity. No need to export coal (for pennies) like Nigeria does exporting oil (instead of finished products) when we can export bulk electricity to you.. grin grin grin

Did you forget at some point in time, Nigeria imported bulk electricity from Ghana in exchange of Nigeria exporting gas to Ghana... So bro, leave all the hating, the SE would do more than fine if Biafra is achieved.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by lereinter(m): 5:07pm On Dec 23, 2016
the grandfather of looters
Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by manny4life(m): 5:13pm On Dec 23, 2016
victorvezx:

50,000 barrels a day for a population of 40 million people (considering that more than half of these people don't live in the SE) is more than enough for self sustenance. We haven't taken into consideration further exploration to yield more, and if we need oil, we would buy from our neighbors heck, buy it elsewhere. Oil is no longer a gold mine, every tom diccck and harry has oil. That's why Nigeria is struggling to finance her budget because oil is declining at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by stinechykee: 5:25pm On Dec 23, 2016
malton:

grin

See painment.

How old are you?

Keep on fighting. I wish you good luck!

Mr man just shut that thing you call mouth.If you can take time re-read wat you post you will find out that you are such a fool and nonentity Afonja.You want we Igbos to detached ourselves from your zoo country wen it was you people who actually doesn't want us to detached ourselves.How many times have we tried to leave Nigeria but you palasite keep on pulling us back definitely there was something unique you foolish zoo found in us Igbos just as your lord Obasanjp said dat Igbo's are Unique, Industrious,Enterprenual,etc

2 Likes

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by stinechykee: 5:28pm On Dec 23, 2016
Stalwert:
Did Obj just called them lazy men waiting on FG to help them out and they actually clapped for him? Chio person destroy beerfraud the first time come dey lecture them on development. .... OBJ na their Oga oh grin grin
Wack brain keep on consoling yourself you loosed.If you don't know wat OBJ means then duck up because you already know that he admires Igbos spirit and he keep on repeating it so keep on deceiving yourself lazy Afonja

2 Likes

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by stinechykee: 5:30pm On Dec 23, 2016
modsmustdie:

They have done a lot and still doing alot... have you heard of massob, ipob, etc... they are demanding for biafra... I expect you to start detaching yourselves from Igbos... you cowards should start championing a separate country too..
Don't mind those set of coward region I have never seen in the whole world.This Afonja cowardice is really appealing ooooo

2 Likes

Re: Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo by Arizonaguy(m): 5:31pm On Dec 23, 2016
farokkunle:
OBASANJO IS BABOON WITH BIAFRAN STOLEN OIL MONEY grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
shut da Bleep up...hasn't south east and it's people benefitted too from d non oil sector in d country

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

It’s The Turn Of North-central To Produce President — Saraki / Information Ministry Recalls CCT’s Media Officer After Blundering Statement / Aghughu Adolphus Uncovers Multi-Billion Naira ‘Fraud’ In National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.