Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

I Am Too Depressed! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Too Depressed! (3362 Views)

I Have Made The Biggest Mistake If My Life, Please Save A Depressed Soul / Depressed Wife Needs Your Urgent Advice. / Pregnant And Depressed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Too Depressed! by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 23, 2016
I have been battling with depression for a long time now. Actually since I was 12 Suicidal thoughts here and there.
The cause of my depression has been my poor academic/financial performance despite my being a genius.
There has been no source of income to fund my education, simple courses i go get E because no money to buy lectutre notes/handout. No accomodation. I just dey roam campus dey sleep for lecture hall.
To worsen my case I have got no scholarships, no where to get jobs, and worst still no real skills or capital to start any business.
MMM just pass me by. My parents just put me at a serious disadvantage. Since i was little there has no electricity,tv, iron, no gadget at all, not even a single socket. Nothing to build my interests. My father just dull anyhow. Morning till night he would sit at home meditating asking for angels to send money to his account. What kind of person is this?
My hope as I got admission is that I graduate with a very good CGPA and with sound skills but as it stands now i have none of the above.
I am just tired. All I ask for is some serious skills/ source of income to fund my education before i end this meaningless existence.
Re: I Am Too Depressed! by baby124: 10:42am On Dec 23, 2016
Blackbolt:
I have been battling with depression for some time now. Suicidal thoughts here and there. I just tried killing myself by crashing on 6 wraps of foo-foo and egusi without meat (those rat-killers are damn too unpleasant to my taste buds).
The cause of my depression has been my poor academic/financial performance despite my being a genius.
There has been no source of income to fund my education, simple courses i go get E because no money to buy lectutre notes/handout.
To worsen my case I have got no scholarships, no where to get jobs, and worst still no real skills or capital to start any business.
MMM just pass me by. My parents just put me at a serious disadvantage. Since i was little there has no electricity,tv, iron, no gadget at all, not even a single socket. Nothing to build my interests. My father just dull anyhow. Morning till night he would sit at home meditating asking for angels to send money to his account. What kind of person is this?
My hope as I got admission is that I graduate with a very good CGPA and with sound skills but as it stands now i have none of the above.
My friends, i mean former friends(since they have all passed my level) are doing well because their parents are opulent enough to support their goals. One of them already knows 20 ish programming languages. This is someone who never saw my back in prim/sec school. One even said to me, "If to say you no get brain you for useless". Just imagine!
I am just tired. All I ask for is some serious skills/ source of income to fund my education before i end this meaningless existence.
I have 6 semesters left.
Did Bill Gates graduate from Uni? You are depressed because you are comparing your life with that of your friends. Everyone in this life is running their own race. You need to leave those friends alone if they make you depressed. You need to decide realistically what you want to do and work towards it. You need to stop sitting down and begging for money. You can work. Most people now cannot afford 6 wraps of pounded yam and egusi without meat. They also can't afford credit. Go and find work. Hard work. Use the money to either educate yourself, learn programming or learn a skill.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Too Depressed! by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 23, 2016
baby124:

Did Bill Gates graduate from Uni? You are depressed because you are comparing your life with that of your friends. Everyone in this life is running their own race. You need to leave those friends alone if they make you depressed. You need to decide realistically what you want to do and work towards it. You need to stop sitting down and begging for money. You can work. Most people now cannot afford 6 wraps of pounded yam and egusi without meat. They also can't afford credit. Go and find work. Hard work. Use the money to either educate yourself, learn programming or learn a skill.

the foo-foo part was a joke.
But where i stay has no job prospects. Youths are just roaming about entering one bet9ja shop or the other. I have depressed about this since I was 12. Then i didn't know some of these friends. I am depressed not because of my friends, but because i am too financially incapacitated to pursue my dreams or even get a skill.
Bill gates parents were multi-millionaires
Re: I Am Too Depressed! by baby124: 10:57am On Dec 23, 2016
Blackbolt:

But where i stay has no job prospects. Youths are just roaming about entering one bet9ja shop or the other. I have depressed about this since I was 12. Then i didn't know some of these friends. I am depressed not because of my friends, but because i am too financially incapacitated to pursue my dreams or even get a skill.
Were his parents Billionaire's? You think your parents owe you that much to spoon feed you? What about Orphans who are out there making money or struggling. You are looking for a comfortable life, and people to fund a certain lifestyle you feel you should be entitled to. There is nothing like no job around. There are money making opportunities around you which are perfectly legal. You just need to look around and see what people need. If it's manual labor, do it. Are people not building houses? Do people not need the help or service of other's? When you learn to humble yourself, you will not have problems with this depression. Your problem is that you want to live a fast and flashy life. A life that you cannot afford. Cut your coat according to your size and you will be fine. Stop walking with the friends that depress you and you will feel better. Soon or later they will drop you anyway as you are not on their level. Rather focus on your life and who you want to be. Start working hard towards it and I assure you that you will get there.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Too Depressed! by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 23, 2016

1 Like

Re: I Am Too Depressed! by Berbierklaus(f): 11:01am On Dec 23, 2016
Blackbolt:

Then you create an avenue for job,what do the people in that locality need that is not in abundance,you can monopolize a business,study the market,study the demand,do something for yourself young man.
Borrowing to start is not a bad idea,the important thing is the zeal to work and leave your current economic state.

As a man,there are certain things you do to put food and basic amenities on the table,how will you be able to cater for a family with this mentality of helplessness?

Depression is not a loose word to use,in your case I don't think you are depressed,you just don't have the will and zeal to do something for yourself.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Too Depressed! by LifeIsSoEasy: 11:02am On Dec 23, 2016
It is well with you my brother. Just work hard at your studies. A lot of people are looking to have what you've got, but couldn't. Some people no even see high school talk more of uni. So don't ever think your case is worse.

Work hard at your studies, go for nysc, network and relocate. God is still God!

2 Likes

Re: I Am Too Depressed! by Seun(m): 1:48pm On Dec 23, 2016
What makes you feel that you're a genius? Is your school currently in session? Which school? What are you studying. Details are important.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Too Depressed! by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 23, 2016
The fastest way to kill your joy is by comparing yourself to others. Please stop that. We all have our own paths in life. Some people might be ahead of you today but your own story might change tomorrow. Persevere and don't lose sight of your dreams, please.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Too Depressed! by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 23, 2016
baby124:

Remind me of this story all over IG... This is what hard work is about.

Re: I Am Too Depressed! by JoeBlocks(m): 3:27pm On Dec 23, 2016
Blackbolt:

Forgive my say so. But I seriously believe anyone who is truly depress won't have to time crack jokes.
Re: I Am Too Depressed! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2016
Seun:
What makes you feel that you're a genius? Is your school currently in session? Which school? What are you studying. Details are important.
rivers state university of science and technology. electrical engineering. I am tired of the schooling. I just need to grab some real skills.
Re: I Am Too Depressed! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 23, 2016
I guess you all don't understand how depression works.
Re: I Am Too Depressed! by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 23, 2016
Berbierklaus:

Then you create an avenue for job,what do the people in that locality need that is not in abundance,you can monopolize a business,study the market,study the demand,do something for yourself young man.
Borrowing to start is not a bad idea,the important thing is the zeal to work and leave your current economic state.

As a man,there are certain things you do to put food and basic amenities on the table,how will you be able to cater for a family with this mentality of helplessness?

Depression is not a loose word to use,in your case I don't think you are depressed,you just don't have the will and zeal to do something for yourself.
lol. Lack of zeal and will is part of being depressed.
Because of this I have decided not to bring anyone to this earth. No girlfriend; No wife; No children.
Re: I Am Too Depressed! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 23, 2016
That someone else has more problems than I do doesn't stop me from reaching out for help.
Re: I Am Too Depressed! by mysticgal(f): 7:41pm On Dec 23, 2016
Blackbolt:
That someone else has more problems than I do doesn't stop me from reaching out for help.
what do you need? Cash,jobs, or emotional ramblings that might help
Re: I Am Too Depressed! by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 23, 2016
mysticgal:
what do you need? Cash,jobs, or emotional ramblings that might help
cash, then jobs in ph. I need the cash right now.
Re: I Am Too Depressed! by mysticgal(f): 7:49pm On Dec 23, 2016
Blackbolt:

cash, then jobs in ph. I need the cash right now.
I don't have cash to give you,but I want to help,like been my replacement on a job,that's if you can??
Re: I Am Too Depressed! by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 23, 2016
mysticgal:

I don't have cash to give you,but I want to help,like been my replacement on a job,that's if you can??
what kind of job ma?
Re: I Am Too Depressed! by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 23, 2016
Seun:
my school in session
Re: I Am Too Depressed! by mysticgal(f): 7:53pm On Dec 23, 2016
Blackbolt:
what kind of job ma?
I am a Miss. pm me.
Re: I Am Too Depressed! by mysticgal(f): 7:54pm On Dec 23, 2016
Blackbolt:
my school in session
What you are doing maybe fatal.........or not
Re: I Am Too Depressed! by Ranchhoddas: 7:55pm On Dec 23, 2016
Na wa for your Papa o.
Re: I Am Too Depressed! by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 23, 2016
mysticgal:
What you are doing maybe fatal.........or not
I don't get you :|
Re: I Am Too Depressed! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 23, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Na wa for your Papa o.
the man no plan to marry sef. Na force dem force am unto say im be 1st son.
Im just leave us lyk that. This my life na xo xo trial and error.

1 Like

Re: I Am Too Depressed! by mysticgal(f): 8:00pm On Dec 23, 2016
Blackbolt:

I don't get you :|
cash, jobs. they'd come and you'd ask yourself why the rush. I am not in anyway trying to discourage you but a lot/certain things need to be considered, including your parents, schooling and future. your decision now,could be fatal.........not.

1 Like

Re: I Am Too Depressed! by Acidosis(m): 8:02pm On Dec 23, 2016
You're a huge joke.

You don't have money to buy lecture notes but you have money to surf Nairaland?

What other resource material do you need aside what the internet provides? The copy and paste contents from your Mr plagiarism Lecturers?

I think you're just an un-serious young chap. When you hit 30. Your 'depression' would turn to hustle.

7 Likes

Re: I Am Too Depressed! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 23, 2016
mysticgal:

cash, jobs. they'd come and you'd ask yourself why the rush. I am not in anyway trying to discourage you but a lot/certain things need to be considered, including your parents, schooling and future. your decision now,could be fatal.........not.
HeHe I understand. Some mystical stuff.. Runs
Re: I Am Too Depressed! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 23, 2016
Acidosis:
You're a huge joke.

You don't have money to buy lecture notes but you have money to surf Nairaland?

What other resource material do you need aside what the internet provides? The copy and paste contents from your Mr plagiarism Lecturers?

I think you're just an un-serious young chap. When you hit 30. Your 'depression' would turn to hustle.
oga no be lyk dat. Those lecture notes are not compulsory but they are mandatory.
With N100 you can get mb to last a java phone for a week.
Re: I Am Too Depressed! by Ranchhoddas: 8:06pm On Dec 23, 2016
baby124:

Did Bill Gates graduate from Uni?
Any small thing una go dey shout Bill Gates. That guy has an IQ of 160 and he lives in the greatest nation on the planet. I'm sure the OP would not be having this complaints if he had the same conditions.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Too Depressed! by Acidosis(m): 8:11pm On Dec 23, 2016
Blackbolt:

oga no be lyk dat. Those lecture notes are not compulsory but they are mandatory.
With N100 you can get mb to last a java phone for a week.

A serious higher institution wouldn't grade students on the basis of the number of materials they are willing to purchase.

It is either you're lying, or you attend a useless monotechnic.

Talk to a counselor.
Re: I Am Too Depressed! by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 23, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Any small thing una go dey shout Bill Gates. That guy has an IQ of 160 and he lives in the greatest nation on the planet. I'm sure the OP would not be having this complaints if he had the same conditions.
me I tire o. Bill gattes wey im papa buy computer give for 1980 something when computer dey cost.
If I get computer or even touchscreen phone i for dey here dey cry?
People think great people started from nothing. You can't put nothing into a child and expect something. Garbage in garbage out.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advise Needed Please. / Incest Situationship At Home. / Adultery: Man or (Married) Woman - who is to blame?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.