Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,124 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:42 AM

VICTIM - A Short Story.. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / VICTIM - A Short Story.. (433 Views)

Nina Ivy Vs Miracle Ikechukwu: Why Do Ladies Like Playing Victim? / VICTIM - A Short Story.. / My Affair With The Neighbour (A Short Romantic Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

VICTIM - A Short Story.. by badinfluence: 7:11pm On Dec 23, 2016
Okayy.. I don't write, but i have my fair share of an active imagination. So, lemme just try it out.. Take note, I'm not a pro, not even an amateur. So do not crucify me too much. Here goes..
All rights reserved blah blah blah...
My updates sha depends on reception...

VICTIM by badinfluence

The toyota corolla moved at moderate speed along the untarred road. Behind the wheel was chidi, he had definitely looked better than he looked now. His white t-shirt has been soaked with sweat, he was constantly wiping sweat from his brow. It didn't help that the ac in the car was bad, it produced stale air and seemed to have joy doing that. At the passenger sit was Gift, she was pretty, even though the situation was bad, she still looked pretty. She looked exhausted but still pretty. Gift had her gaze outside the car window, wishing by some kind of magic she would be home. 
'If we keep going, we might find someone whom might be of help' Chidi's words brought her back. 
'Maybe..' She answered dryly. 
'Pass me a bottle of water, please' Chidi asked without taking his eyes off the road. Gift sighed and passed him the bottle without looking at him. Chidi knew his wife,     he knew how she felt. How she would act like this situation was all  his doing. 
'All i'm saying is that if we had left earlier,  maybe we wouldn't be in this situation'. There it was,  the blame he has been waiting for. 
'Okay..  Maybe it's my fault' he looked at her, and that was nowhere near appeasing to her. She rather brings out her phone and fiddles with it. 'Just great, no network here. I wonder where we are and how we are going to get home. From all indications,  we have a long way ahead. Mstchew'. 
Chidi was hardly surprised by the whole attitude, but it was rather annoying. 'There's no need for the attitude, if we get back on track and it's too late, we would look for a guest house and stay the night'. He said calmly. 
The only reaction from gift was a scoff,  and they continued in silence. 'My phone is down' Gift broke the silence. 'Then use the car charger', was the reply. 
This was going to be a long ride. Five minutes later, the car reduced its speed and gradually came to a halt. 
'What happened now? ' Gift asked
'I don't know, it just stopped ' Chidi answered in a confused tone. 
As if things weren't bad, they were stuck in the middle of nowhere.

(1) (Reply)

All Y Bleep Men And Boys Out There, Better Zip Up And Know What's On Your Way / New Female Friends / Relationship Advice: How To Make Your Ex Want You Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.