Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Two Wrong Reasons To Quit Christianity (must Read) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Two Wrong Reasons To Quit Christianity (must Read) (450 Views)

Six Wrong Reasons For Attending Church / Pastor Quit Christianity After 40 Years Of Being A Devout Follower / Irony Of Christianity (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Two Wrong Reasons To Quit Christianity (must Read) by 0neal(m): 10:50pm On Dec 23, 2016
This is a transcript of the message sermonized by Andy Stanley in one of his yourmove series.

please patiently read to the end.

I have read blogs and comments of folks who say are Athiest, most abandon the Christian faith.

It always fascinate me why will some1 stop being a Christian, because following Jesus makes your life better and following Jesus makes you better at life, every body wants their life to be better or most people wants to be Better at life.

So I don't quite get it, so am always fascinated, not by people who have never being Christians, but by people who have Christians background raised in the church they kinda become a christain for a while then bailed out.

They bailed out because:

1. OF OTHER (Assumed Hypocritical) CHRISTAINS
Just because you know some imperfect christains or some weird christains or your parents were weird Christains doesn't mean you should give up on JESUS.

That's a bad reason to leave Jesus, you had bad haircut - you just find another barber don't you? - You had bad medical experiences -you find another doctor- You didn't give up on hair cutting or on doctors, So don't give up on JESUS because of Us Christains Ok.

2.THE HOLY BIBLE

The bible is another terrible reason to give up on the Christian faith, and this where most people centre on - "you know the Six days creation thing, I can't go with that, used to believe as a kid and then I went to college/University, there's are dates in the old&new testament which doesn't match align with other Historical documents so I just left Christianity" -

Those are (This may sound offensive) terrible reasons to quit being a Christian ok. All of that may be true.
The Church too has done a terrible job communicating the FOUNDATION of our Faith.
I have never talk to some1 who genuinely Love/follow Jesus and then left because of a better reason.

Am like what you are rejecting isn't even the faith, isnt even essential to Christianity. The Bible is not the foundation of our Faith.

The foundation of our Faith is in an event that got documented in a book.
It happens that some approach Christianity as a house of cards, some1 might say "I don't believe this or there is a contradiction here and there, or some part don't line up"

so you pull out that one thing that you feel didn't lineup and the whole house comes tumbling down?
"If you dont trust this one part of the bible, why should I be able to trust the whole?
And you say all of Christianity falls apart because you don't believe some part"

That will be like saying, I don't think you exist because I looked at you Birth certificate and it wasn't accurate, Or i look at your birth Certificate and didn't like some of the stuff in there, So since your Birth certificateis wrong you don't Exist. -Absurd right-

So analyse this - your bith certificate documents your Existence, it doesn't determine your Existence.

Let's connect the illustration with the Old and New testament...

So if you find something in the new testament that doesn't lineup (which there isn't) in the new testament, that doesn't mean it didn't happen because the new testament is a document of what actually happened, and what actually happened is the Foundation of our Faith "THE RESURRECTION"

The Old testament simply documented the History of the nation of Isreal and for convenience sake they all got put in one book.
You find accounts in the Old testament you don't agree, that is no reason to leave the Christain Faith, because the Foundation isn't the Birth certificate, it's what happened "JESUS ROSE FROM THE DEAD"

Download the full series for the conclusion!!!

http://yourmove.is/episode/unhitched/
Re: Two Wrong Reasons To Quit Christianity (must Read) by HRHQueenPhil(f): 6:18pm On Oct 27, 2019
Wow. GOD bless u for this

(1) (Reply)

If Christmas Is A Pagan Holiday Then How Christians Are The Ones Promoting It? / Blezzings Nigeria Gospel Musician / OPEN HEAVEN Devotional(sat. 21/01/2017)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.