Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora (11014 Views)

Shocking Truth! The Hatred Against Ebonyians By The Igbos Should Stop(MUST READ) / BREAKING!! Ebonyians Shock Governor Umahi, Observe Sit-at-home Order(photos) / "Buhari’s Recovery Is A Miracle" - Dave Umahi, Ebonyi Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by reptile1: 1:50pm On Dec 24, 2016
Free ride for ebonyians this Xmas period. I commend it
Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by UchaNwababa: 2:10pm On Dec 24, 2016
Nixiepie:
This our mumu gov can never do this.....smh
who is dat ur governor
Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by UchaNwababa: 2:11pm On Dec 24, 2016
Afam4eva:
How will they know people who are from Ebonyi? Anybdy can enter the bus and claim to be from Ebonyi.
through ur language
Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by Lovelynature(m): 2:25pm On Dec 24, 2016
prettyboi1989:

yea true that. only those who understand their language can tag along. some central igbo peeps find it hard to understand ebonyi peeps ibo dialect
Who are these central Igbo peeps?
Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by Lovelynature(m): 2:27pm On Dec 24, 2016
UchaNwababa:
through ur language
but Ebonyians don't speak same dialect. They don't even understand themselves among their dialects. Only one or two of Ebonyi dialects are slightly intelligible

1 Like

Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by UchaNwababa: 2:28pm On Dec 24, 2016
Taku555:
But remember, there Ebonyians that were born and raised in the far north And other parts of the country. They can't even speak The central Igbo let alone their dialect. How do you do in this case. Not everyone could speak his native language but can speak yours.
those one's are not Ebonyians but Aboki infected blood.

1 Like

Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by Lovelynature(m): 2:29pm On Dec 24, 2016
Pavore9:

Their dialects are distinct! U don't go to the pick up points and be forming central Igbo! cheesy

but Ebonyians speak different dialects. They don't even understand themselves. Only one or two dialects are slightly intelligible among them

1 Like

Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by UchaNwababa: 2:31pm On Dec 24, 2016
Welldone my Boy
Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by InvertedHammer: 2:39pm On Dec 24, 2016
Taku555:
But remember, there Ebonyians that were born and raised in the far north And other parts of the country. They can't even speak The central Igbo let alone their dialect. How do you do in this case. Not everyone could speak his native language but can speak yours.
/
Then you pay for your transportation.

Simple.

The ticket should be: Say a proverb in Ebonyi Igbo and translate.

\
Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by sweetilicious(f): 2:44pm On Dec 24, 2016
Good development
Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by UchaNwababa: 2:51pm On Dec 24, 2016
Lovelynature:
but Ebonyians don't speak same dialect. They don't even understand themselves among their dialects. Only one or two of Ebonyi dialects are slightly intelligible
am frm Ebonyi i can tell u were ur frm if u speak ur language, the major language in Ebonyi are Ezza, Izzi, Afikpo, Ngbo,Ohaozara, Effiom, Onitsha Igboeze, Eziulo, Ikwo, Akaeze and Nkelagu. So if ur speak any of dis language i will tell u were ur from.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by Lovelynature(m): 3:00pm On Dec 24, 2016
UchaNwababa:
am frm Ebonyi i can tell u were ur frm if u speak ur language, the major language in Ebonyi are Ezza, Izzi, Afikpo, Ngbo,Ohaozara, Effiom, Onitsha Igboeze, Eziulo, Ikwo, Akaeze and Nkelagu. So if ur speak any of dis language i will tell u were ur from.
You know, somebody that speak Nsukka can claim to be Ebonyi because their dialects sound alike.
Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by Nixiepie(f): 3:03pm On Dec 24, 2016
LadyMessi:

Common sense is not common any way.........
When next u see a topic you no nothing about, just do yourself a favor and pass. No one will penalize you for not commenting, it will do you more good than you showcasing your ignorance.

Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 24, 2016
Lovelynature:
Who are these central Igbo peeps?
imo, anambra n co
Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by UchaNwababa: 3:18pm On Dec 24, 2016
Lovelynature:
You know, somebody that speak Nsukka can claim to be Ebonyi because their dialects sound alike.
There is a grate difference
Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by riczy(m): 4:16pm On Dec 24, 2016
mrphysics:
The best Governor. Till 2023 sir, Ride on
Is DST d problem of Eboyians?a backward state
Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by ThinkSmarter: 5:17pm On Dec 24, 2016
prettyboi1989:
but ebonyi is one poor state sha o except afikpo and abakaliki, the other cities there are in a sorry state
who u epp?
U see ur life? which one be the other cities?.
And if I may ask you, which of these towns is/are in a sorry state: Onueke, Nkalagu, Ikwo, Amasiri, Akaeze, Ishiagu, Uburu, Onicha Igbo~Eze, Okposi, Ezzamgbo, Iboko, Ezzilo, Aba~Omege ?
Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by Lindalilian: 5:19pm On Dec 24, 2016
galeiiTNA:
Proud ebonyi boy. I fine pass 90% of the afonjas I don come across
xame here bro, from EZZA NORTH, Aka Ebonyi Blogger @ www.snowbooks.com.ng and www.Naijarep.com

1 Like

Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by NICENEDU29: 5:35pm On Dec 24, 2016
UchaNwababa:
You omitted Edda dialect in the list. I hope if someone speaks Edda dialect you will know he is from?
Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by newbornmacho(m): 5:36pm On Dec 24, 2016
Nixiepie:
This our mumu gov can never do this.....smh
where are you let me transport you free. No kidding.
Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by ThinkSmarter: 5:37pm On Dec 24, 2016
prettyboi1989:

imo, anambra n co
What makes you central Igbo, is it by geographical location or ur language,
For ur information, the Igbo~Izugbe [central Igbo] was adapted from Isu[ In Imo state] and Umuahia [in Abia state] dialects in 1961 by a team of Igbo language scholars bc both dialects were widely understood by all Igbos.
Though Some Anambra Igbo relates a bit, but they do change accents of the central Igbo like replacing "h"with "f" , replacing "r" with "l" etc
for e.g They pronounce ife instead of ihe ,mmili instead of mmiri, etc
Some of them do pronounce bread=blead , director=dilector, main road =main load.
#No offence meant, just trying to emphasize.
Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by ThinkSmarter: 5:44pm On Dec 24, 2016
Lovelynature:
but Ebonyians speak different dialects. They don't even understand themselves. Only one or two dialects are slightly intelligible among them
We understand each other up to 80%, we re also the only Igbo speaking people that hv the advantage of understanding all other Igbo dialects up to 80% being it Anambra, Enugu, Abia and Imo.
Though the Ebonyi South languages [Afikpo, Akaeze, Edda ] re more related to each other, and they re also relate to their Abia state neighbours like[ Ohafia, Bende] dialects
while Ebonyi North/Central languages[Ikwo, Ezza, Izzi, Ngbo, Nkalagu /Ezzilo re more related to each other and also related to their Enugu neighbours[ Nsukka and Eha~Amufu] dialects.
And Ohaozara / Onicha Igbo~Eze dialects relates to that of Nkanu in Enugu state.

4 Likes

Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 24, 2016
ThinkSmarter:
who u epp?
U see ur life? which one be the other cities?.
And if I may ask you, which of these towns is/are in a sorry state: Onueke, Nkalagu, Ikwo, Amasiri, Akaeze, Ishiagu, Uburu, Onicha Igbo~Eze, Okposi, Ezzamgbo, Iboko, Ezzilo, Aba~Omege ?
its gud u even mentiond places av been to, u even missed out isu, the only good thing i observed in many of those place is good roads asides that the people there are living below average. it took them forever to do the afikpo-abakaliki road thats always raining red dust on motorists. i guess they myt av finishd d road by now. i also observed many of those places dont even have electricity, some areas have poles but no wires on them.
Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by ThinkSmarter: 6:21pm On Dec 24, 2016
prettyboi1989:

its gud u even mentiond places av been to, u even missed out isu, the only good thing i observed in many of those place is good roads asides that the people there are living below average. it took them forever to do the afikpo-abakaliki road thats always raining red dust on motorists. i guess they myt av finishd d road by now. i also observed many of those places dont even have electricity, some areas have poles but no wires on them.
what you said z true concerning some people living below avg, but the AKL~Afikpo rd hv been completed more than 2yrs ago, Ebonyi z really developing at its own pace, it seems it hv been long u visited the State last.
Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 24, 2016
ThinkSmarter:
what you said z true concerning some people living below avg, but the AKL~Afikpo rd hv been completed more than 2yrs ago, Ebonyi z really developing at its own pace, it seems it hv been long u visited the State last.
yea last stepped foot there 3years ago, nothing will make me go back there if not for yeye nysc i for no even smell the place
Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by mrphysics(m): 6:30pm On Dec 24, 2016
riczy:
Is DST d problem of Eboyians?a backward state

And how are you better than any Ebonyian? or what have you achieved that no Ebonyian has achieved?
Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:38pm On Dec 24, 2016
Afam4eva:
How will they know people who are from Ebonyi? Anybdy can enter the bus and claim to be from Ebonyi.

Who else will move to ebonyi for Xmas , from distant places, if not the unsigned?
Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by johndavid1(m): 6:59pm On Dec 24, 2016
good one my governor
Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by mfm04622: 7:21pm On Dec 24, 2016
Pavore9:

Their dialects are distinct! U don't go to the pick up points and be forming central Igbo! cheesy

They also have state union meeting. So most know themselves
Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by nummyjenny: 7:23pm On Dec 24, 2016
Hello, i'm just quickly reaching out to you to share something exciting with you right now which I believe would blow your mind just like it blew mine.

*Currently:*
1bitcoin = $845
1Bitcoin = N439400
4Bitcoins = N1,757,600

So imagine having 2 to 5 to 10 to 50 to 100 bitcoins. What difference would that make in your life?

If I could show you the easiest way to earn up to 50 bitcoins in less than 180days, would that be something you would love to learn?
We organize daily training by 4pm(Nigerian time) where we share the incredible idea with every participants about the easiest way to achieve well over 16 Bitcoins in less than 6 Months (over $100,000) just by working with your phone phone and the social media.

I know what you are thinking now; (impossible! right). That was my response too when I was first told. Why not find out for yourself by joining us in any of our online meetings via WhatsApp.

Click on this link if you would love to be a part of today's meeting

https:///6UGmeNH3RZACI7n3Xvkaxw
Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by favel91: 7:48pm On Dec 24, 2016
Hello fellow Nigerians,
Making Nigeria great is not a rocket science. It begins with a national dream by citizens. Martin Luther had a dream for America and we have seen it come to pass, the leaders of Dubai had a national dream that turned their desert land to one of the most beautiful and visited cities in the world. Nigeria can become one of the greatest nations if we dream it and live for it.
Nigeria @ 100, a developed nation is 100% achievable!
U and I cam make 2060 happen.
Start by doing what is needful to achieve this and influencing others to do the same.
Click link watch this video https://www.facebook.com/Project-New-Nigeria-pnn-1794263324178321/
God Bless Nigeria.

Re: Christmas: Umahi Despatches Buses To Transport Ebonyians In Diaspora by Depreacherman(m): 8:57pm On Dec 24, 2016
Please before praising anyone, let's see proves. Who and who has traveled with the free bus? Is easier said than done!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MY SON WILL BECOME THE NEXT GOVERNOR OF KWARA STATE ..bukola saraki(PHOTOS) / PDP 2019 Zoning: A Good Step In The Right Direction / Marketers Lament As 45% Banks CRR Hamper Buying Products In Cargoes From Dangote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.