Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,288 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng (16818 Views)

It’s Shameful For Buhari To Hand Over Power To Opposition – Adamu / Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition / COVID-19: Abiola Ajimobi Dies At 70 - Independent.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:06am On Jul 16, 2018
Abuja – The governing All Progressives Congress (APC) has commenced the profiling of opposition members currently heading various agencies and parastatals of the Federal Government as it pushes through a recent threat to sack remnants of PDP members still holding plum jobs in the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.

Recall that Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, National Chairman of the APC, had threatened to unmask and call for the sack of all PDP members who were still holding political appointments in the administration despite the change of government in 2015.

In what appears a house cleaning exercise, the party last week summoned all heads of Federal Government agencies and parastatals to ascertain their political loyalty/affiliation with a view to throwing out those whose loyalty was with the opposition.

A source in the APC national headquarters confirmed the development, saying the leadership of the party was determined to effect changes in agencies and parastatals of the Federal Government based on party affiliation.

Daily Independent notes that heads of agencies and parastatals of government were coming and going from the party’s national secretariat in Abuja.

“As the national chairman said, the APC cannot afford to arm the opposition. Former president, Goodluck Jonathan, made several appointments into federal agencies at the twilight of the PDP administration, and these appointments are tenured.

“Most of the occupants of these appointments have finished their terms and many chieftains of the party are not happy that PDP members are still holding on to these positions,” our source stated.

Comrade Adams Oshiomhole on assumption of office as chairman of the party declared his desire to rid the system of PDP loyalists still holding political positions in the government, a goal he restated last week when he inaugurated the 39-member non-working committee of the party.

He said, “We are aware that even as at today, we still have a lot of PDP people occupying very important positions in federal agencies.

“We will do everything possible to purge these elements out of the system because we are a party of change.

“They are the conservative right-wing party. We cannot entrust to conservative forces an agenda for change. Government is not in the Villa. Villa is the head of government.

“Government is in the agencies – what they do, how they do it, the quality of service delivery and the style of that service delivery.

“That is how the ordinary man interfaces with power and if these agencies are in the hands of those who do not believe in our change agenda, then we cannot expect miracles from them.

“And for those who are aggrieved as to how certain things are done, those who question that they do not seem to see the difference because, substantially, PDP is still managing these agencies.

“So, we have a duty to convince the federal executive that we have no business, this government has no business, with any PDP in sensitive federal agencies and using their old tactics in service delivery. That, I believe, is a task that all of us must pursue.

“I believe that we now must work consciously to ensure that in replacing, we replace sinners with believers.

“Believers are those who are card-carrying members of our party and before we go outside the party family, we must convince ourselves that the persons we are taking, we are taking him because we do not have that particular expertise within the family, but even so, he must first take the card and demonstrate loyalty, because if you do not believe in a process, you cannot be entrusted with the management of that process.

“It is not because we are hungry to let our people have jobs, but because I have no confidence that PDP appointees can drive the changes that APC promised.

“APC promises must be kept by APC activists at a managerial level, at board level, and at the political level.”

When this reporter accosted one of the heads of agencies, who heads a tertiary medical institution, he hinted that they had been summoned at the party’s secretariat but didn’t give details.

Our source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, also disclosed that the party was looking at leveraging on “support that comes from these agencies” in the build-up to the 2019 election, citing assertions by Oshiomhole and President Muhammadu Buhari to the effect that the PDP remained the richest political party in the country.

https://independent.ng/apc-moves-to-sack-heads-of-federal-agencies-loyal-to-opposition/amp/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by OBAGADAFFI: 11:07am On Jul 16, 2018
So they want to Sack CBN governor, NUC DG and co because they were not appointed by APC.

They should also scrap the Constitution and EFCC since they were created by the PDP.

Yeye People.

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by critique2(m): 11:08am On Jul 16, 2018
Do they write opposition on the forehead?

11 Likes

Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by Firefire(m): 11:11am On Jul 16, 2018
Let the FULL impunity start already.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by madridguy(m): 11:12am On Jul 16, 2018
A welcome development.

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by Nbote(m): 11:14am On Jul 16, 2018
In other words anyone who critices d govt...
Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by Nuel042: 11:16am On Jul 16, 2018
I won't talk until the work is done.
Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by CilicMarin: 11:16am On Jul 16, 2018
I love this... My appointment is coming. wink

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by Lipscomb(m): 11:18am On Jul 16, 2018
Nice move.they are all enemy of progress.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by madridguy(m): 11:19am On Jul 16, 2018
Remember me in your ministry. I no get longer throat just put me for one office for CBN.

CilicMarin:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by CilicMarin: 11:40am On Jul 16, 2018
madridguy:
Remember me in your ministry. I no get longer throat just put me for one office for CBN.

You are covered my brother!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by Yankee101: 11:50am On Jul 16, 2018
I think Oshiomole is wicked down to his soul. His only performance that looked like he cared for people was his time at NLC. But even now we know he was taking money in the back and selling out the Nigerian worker. He sold Nigerians the dummy with his short sleeve jackets. Mark these type of people and never ever empower them with the destiny of a people. They've sold their souls, so what is the big deal in selling people out?

His true colour came out in public when he told the widow to go and die

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by docadams: 12:05pm On Jul 16, 2018
CilicMarin:

Remember me in your paradise. But how can a government that wished to enforce a paradigm shift allow remnants of the party it just uprooted remain in its fold. That was a grave error. Delaying on a change of party leadership was a graver error. PMB went to sleep on wheels

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by CilicMarin: 12:10pm On Jul 16, 2018
docadams:

Remember me in your paradise. But how can a government that wished to enforce a paradigm shift allow remnants of the party it just uprooted remain in its fold. That was a grave error. Delaying on a change of party leadership was a graver error. PMB went to sleep on wheels

No problem Sir!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 16, 2018
madridguy:
A welcome development.
Some Times i wonder if u ve senses cause anything about apc u applaud it, finance, sport, security, agriculture u dnt necessarily need card carrying members of a political parties but well proven professionals, APC under oshomhole are too arrogant for nigeria,instead of them to tell pmb to start taking people that can help us out of d issues d country is facing they r politiking

20 Likes

Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by seunmsg(m): 12:42pm On Jul 16, 2018
Good decision. The current Surveyor-General of the federation is one of them.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by OgaTheTop2: 12:44pm On Jul 16, 2018
Nigeria has no true politics... it's all about vendetta politics... shior!

2 Likes

Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by ddippset(m): 12:45pm On Jul 16, 2018
Long overdue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by Memphis357(m): 12:45pm On Jul 16, 2018
Vindictive FOOLS.....
Animal People's Congress!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by dhabrite(m): 12:45pm On Jul 16, 2018
There is a price to pay for some decisions, but I think some agencies should be left aside.
Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by Christianokaro(m): 12:46pm On Jul 16, 2018
operation silence them all
Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by pastorcyrus(m): 12:46pm On Jul 16, 2018
[quote author=BeeBeeOoh post=69427313]

https://independent.ng/apc-moves-to-sack-heads-of-federal-agencies-loyal-to-opposition/amp/
[/quote
Empty brains governing the affairs of our nation,they wanted to get rid of the opposition without thinking that our constitution itself was instituted by the same opposition.
Let them as well scrap Efcc,icpc,and various governmental agencies initiated by the opposition.
Brain drain syndrome

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by Omeokachie: 12:47pm On Jul 16, 2018
Go ahead.

The new ones will also be sacked by the incoming administration as the circle of petty politics continues.

3 Likes

Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by deleo16(m): 12:47pm On Jul 16, 2018
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by oxygen247(m): 12:48pm On Jul 16, 2018
sorry for SS and SE

2 Likes

Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by wellmax(m): 12:48pm On Jul 16, 2018
Long overdue
Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 16, 2018
Shallow minded people, this act can't bring about positive change but enmity and destruction.

1 Like

Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by MartinCorridon: 12:48pm On Jul 16, 2018
It's called HOUSECLEANING
Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 16, 2018
Ok.......Full scale Islamization agenda.....

2 Likes

Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by Memphis357(m): 12:48pm On Jul 16, 2018
Yankee101:
I think Oshiomole is wicked down to his soul. His only performance that looked like he cared for people was his time at NLC. But even now we know he was taking money in the back and selling out the Nigerian worker. He sold Nigerians the dummy with his short sleeve jackets. Mark these type of people and never ever empower them with the destiny of a people. They've sold their souls, so what is the big deal in selling people out?

His true colour came out in public when he told the widow to go and die
You dey mind the ugly fool?
The mere thought of giving birth to an orge dey scare the living daylights outta Iara.....Na why she dey always drink postinor 2 every time she with this midget of an orge fvck finish!!!!

8 Likes

Re: APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 16, 2018
nawa

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Fight Insurgents With Locally Made Rocket Launchers – Airforce / Oyegun, El-rufai & Abubakar Visit Okorocha, Condemn Kano Killing / Solidarity Rally For Fayose By Ekiti Private Sector Unions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.