Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament (5704 Views)

Obasanjo Is Boss Of Bosses – Goodluck Jonathan Tells Atiku / Nigerians Share Before-and-after Photos Of Buhari, Lament Frail Looks / Army Arrests Two Boko Haram LG Bosses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by DaudaAbu(m): 7:46am On Dec 24, 2016

As Christians in Nigeria warm up to celebrate Christmas in the next two days, most National Assembly legislative aides, are lamenting what they described as the selfishness and stinginess of their principals, as they claimed that they (lawmakers) did not give them Christmas gifts.

Most of the aides, who spoke to New Telegraph on the condition of anonymity, observed that the present crop of National Assembly members were different from their predecessors, whom they said were more humane, liberal and generous to their aides.

According to the aggrieved legislative aides, the previous members of the National Assembly always appreciated their staff during Christmas and other festivities in the year.

They accused the senators and members of the House of Representatives of capitalizing on the economic recession in the country to deny their stewards some basic Privileges that previous lawmakers accorded to their staff during the end of year period.

One of them said, “many of them are now using the economic recession in the country as an escape route for them not to do the needful for their legislative aides.

But I can tell you that what is worrying them is greed, selfishness and stinginess. “Some of us are privy to the mind bugging amounts of money they make here on daily basis.

They collect money from MDAs when they go on oversight function and they do a lot of business with those who come here for screening or budget presentation or defence but they want you to only do the work while they eat the proceeds of the labour alone.

“This is why many of them, immediately they leave the National Assembly they turn to beggars. For this reason, I don’t envy them because their kind of wealth does not give them peace and it doesn’t last forever.”

Another aide, who was also offended by the treatment he received from his principal, who is a member of the House of Representatives, said, “my Oga prefers to spend his money on outsiders, especially women but as long as you are working with him, he will ask you if you are not paid your salary’ and why should expect him to give you money from his pocket.

“Imagine that he did not give any of us working with him in the office anything. Instead, he will be threatening you with sack all the time. Yet when some people come from outside he will send some of us to give them big amounts of money. I can just conclude that they hate their staff. “I have been working in this National Assembly since 2007.

Their predecessors were not like this; those ones knew that the salary was not enough; so, from time to time they give you money from their pockets to augment your earning. And Christmas season like this used to be very interesting.

They will give you a lot of gifts that will go a long way to solve your problems”. Meanwhile, some of the legislators who reacted to the feelings and allegations of their support staff, argued that giving them gifts at Christmas or any other time was not a right but a privilege, and therefore, should not be an issue.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/bosses-stingy-lawmakers-aides-lament/
Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by Nutase: 7:49am On Dec 24, 2016
Buhari is the cause.

1 Like

Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by browniecay: 8:04am On Dec 24, 2016
OK
Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by hyfr(m): 8:06am On Dec 24, 2016
The first way out of bad leadership is to pass a law that makes leadership positions less lucrative. No political office holder should earn more than 300k, other of their needs like children's school fees, feeding etc would be taken care of. That's the first step

8 Likes

Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by urCreator(m): 8:07am On Dec 24, 2016
Today is my birthday!

3 Likes

Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by stobery(m): 8:07am On Dec 24, 2016
grin
Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by Atiku2019: 8:07am On Dec 24, 2016
Atleast they pay you your monthly salaries smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by GlorifiedSon: 8:08am On Dec 24, 2016
Merry Christmas Nairalanders..just in case you haven't got your meat contact me for live goat (around Ajah)
Check my profile for more details.
Thanks for the patronage so far.
Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by SeunPhantom(m): 8:08am On Dec 24, 2016
B4 nko, recession noni
Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by oloriooko(m): 8:08am On Dec 24, 2016
DaudaAbu:

https://newtelegraphonline.com/bosses-stingy-lawmakers-aides-lament/
Stop lamenting jare!
Simple solution is resign and go into farming angry
Chikena!

1 Like

Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by IgweBUIKE1(m): 8:08am On Dec 24, 2016
there must be something for an hustler
Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by richidinho(m): 8:09am On Dec 24, 2016
grin
Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by Felaak47(m): 8:09am On Dec 24, 2016
Ok
Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 24, 2016
make them qo kick bucket jae
Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by NLbeachparty: 8:11am On Dec 24, 2016
Lol, everywhere is tight.

For more information on the nairaland beach party check my signature and profile.
Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by Mattspen22(f): 8:12am On Dec 24, 2016
Na recession dey cause all these nonsense
Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by flowe247(f): 8:15am On Dec 24, 2016
politicians don't mind collecting the masses wealth join together for themselves alone as in the case of Nigeria.
Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by Cromagnon: 8:20am On Dec 24, 2016
hyfr:
The first way out of bad leadership is to pass a law that makes leadership positions less lucrative. No political office holder should earn more than 300k, other of their needs like children's school fees, feeding etc would be taken care of. That's the first step
and you think salary is their problem. SMH. Do you think they spend salary
Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by Cromagnon: 8:21am On Dec 24, 2016
oloriooko:

Stop lamenting jare!
Simple solution is resign and go into farming angry
Chikena!
Abeg epp me tell them
Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by Mutuwa(m): 8:26am On Dec 24, 2016
But you were there to work,and Fringe benefits wasn't part of your condition of service,when you took the offer.
It is a discretion to give,which they chose not to.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by abbeyty(m): 8:35am On Dec 24, 2016
This is the one of the reasons why these people are corrupt. some people see them as their ATM

1 Like

Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by fivestarrealty: 8:36am On Dec 24, 2016
Extra money or gifts are privileges and not compulsory. Some people are even begging for their salaries and here they are complaining of jara.

1 Like

Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 24, 2016
Ungratefulness about Wetin I go call dis ones
Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by Day169: 8:52am On Dec 24, 2016
Please try and endure this, it shall be well with us all, in time, as a nation.
..but wait o! if we take a closer look at these "legislathieves" a chunk of them, were political office holders who were alleged to have engaged in monumental fraud.
So what do you expect? ..even Robin Hood was said to have stolen from the rich to aid the poor. These ones have been stealing from our (poor nation's) commonwealth since eternity.
..my people, e go better. sad
Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by DaudaAbu(m): 9:02am On Dec 24, 2016
Mutuwa:
But you were there to work,and Fringe benefits wasn't part of your condition of service,when you took the offer.
It is a discretion to give,which they chose not to.

They dont think so. They expect to get gift frm their ogas when most of them hardly do any serious work.

They think say lawmakers na Don jazzy

grin grin
Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by Mutuwa(m): 9:41am On Dec 24, 2016
DaudaAbu:

They dont think so. They expect to get gift frm their ogas when most of them hardly do any serious work.

They think say lawmakers na Don jazzy

grin grin

That is just it.
Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by 2shur: 9:46am On Dec 24, 2016
thwts why corruption wud never cease from africa.
imagine you collecting steady salary and still nagging over tips.
foola

you are more greedy aides.
its not like they owe you salary.
its good he spends it in women
his money
his ill gotten wealth

see who is preaching
saying they turn beggars cause its ill gotte wealth
but u also want to taste from the milk as well.
thieves
rogues
bastardized imbeciles
sad millionaires my foot.

corruption and egbunje everywhere
kai
Re: Our Bosses Are Stingy, Lawmakers' Aide Lament by Jacko1(m): 10:02am On Dec 24, 2016
Recession has come na

So because your bosses loot is not reaching you guys

You swear for them

Nansense

Lubbish

(1) (Reply)

See What Lai Said When Yaradua Was Away For Treatment In 2009 / Before You Blindly Support IPOB / Bye Bye As APC Suspends Governors Okorocha, Amosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.