Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? (23328 Views)

Noise Pollution: Court Seals Anambra Church, Issues Ten Days Relocation Notice / Rwanda Shuts Down 714 Churches Over Noise Pollution, Safety Issues / Noise Pollution By Churches And Mosques In Oyo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by peeta4u(m): 8:41pm On Dec 24, 2016
Fiyinfoluwa20:
So, our close used to be the most serene place I know, now this church just moved into a building behind mine and they have had like 3 services since yesterday. We cannot live peacefully again with all the instruments and noise and FYI, we have a church in our close and we don't even hear from them save on Sundays, they don't disturb at all.

What authorities can one report this to that would be swift to act.

This is madness!

I am a liberal and I never read anywhere in the Bible where Jesus or any of the apostle for that matter disturb people to pass their message.

Who has had similar experience and how did you handle this?
follow this link and make ur report
http://www.lasepa.gov.ng/contactus.htm

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by ourleader(m): 8:42pm On Dec 24, 2016
[quote author=gentlegenius post=52228048][/quote] MODERN FOOL
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Igboboy59(m): 8:51pm On Dec 24, 2016
Akshow:
Politely talk to them about it, if they refuse report to the police. How can people be disturbing others in the name of their religion.
why are u on earth?
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Otem2016: 8:58pm On Dec 24, 2016
Tenkobos:
I have experienced something like that in Abuja.

I walked up the pastor and complained to him how the noise was disturbing US and they all concluded that I am possessed. They said the power in their praises was tormenting the demon that possessed me

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Blessynellah(f): 9:00pm On Dec 24, 2016
friedcorn:
What of those mosque disturbing us every morning and evening?
Especially in the wee hour of the morning....makes me want to scream my head off in frustration...its so annoying ehn
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Heavance(m): 9:21pm On Dec 24, 2016
Tenkobos:

I walked up the pastor and complained to him how the noise was disturbing US and they all concluded that I am possessed. They said the power in their praises was tormenting the demon that possessed me and that was why I feel uncomfortable when they sing.

I didn't say anything again.

I simply went to the market and bought a Tecno phone. I think it was a T series. the one that have big speaker at the bottom side of it.

people that have used the phone can attest to the loudness of the speaker.

I loaded a 4G memory card with all Terry G's song and waited for the next Sunday service

On that day, I charged the phone to the fullest and placed it on the window that's closes to the Pastor.

I waited for them to be silent before I played Terry G's free madness.

The pastor was on my door before I could play half of themusic that I loaded on the phone.

Guess what...... he was the one calling for peace.
Correct....
I had no peace when I served in ibadan, shursh shursh shursh noise everywhere.
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by segunphilips(m): 9:22pm On Dec 24, 2016
I experienced it also, but partially won eventually after I used 3 out of like 7 possible means.

First, I made appeals and that didn't work, intact that earns us a name "Witch".

Second, I reported to the Land lord, who warned them and they didn't change.

Third, I faced them with direct fight @ 1 am when I started my own fellowship with iron sheet and metals, beaten them sporadically that they all jumped out of there vigil....that works well, but not completely.

They started putting "anointing oil" at my door post. When I shouted, they stopped.

Fourth, I started reporting them to all their friends and aquintances, sending hot and war messages through them... that further worked, but not completely yet.

The problem is, such churches don't have regular time and dates they do programs. They can start in the morning and stop as at 6pm at haphazard days. Its damn naughty! Plenty noise, plenty disturbances. Awkward situations. Dull and dogmatic congragrants. Its really absurd!

Now, I have decided to go legal through police if they make any further unpleasant noice (when they heard that sincere threat, they stopped drumming completely, remaining bells and at times noisy deliverance exercise, which were also reduced to bearable minimum).

There are laws frowning at that nonsense. Don't mind those that are saying you cannot do anything. If you report them to police, they will summon and interrogate them. Besides, the landlord will be called too and asked on what grpud he gave out the property.

Mark you, a lot of them that make such noise don't have registration certificates. They operate illegally. Police will first ask them of their certificate of incorporation and summon all their Board members if they have.

But, I'm sure those kind churches don't have such arrangement. It is a church of one ignoramus, who just woke up to say he was "called".

Warn them and go legal if they refuse. That is public disturbance. It is not tolerated or allowed under laws.

If you are close to where Public Complaint Commission is, go there and report also. They will be summoned.

You can also report them to CAN branches close to you. They will check them too, having known that their activities are inimical and anti-peace. Check them also, they can't be a members of CAN. They are on their own.

Lastly, don't fear them. Religion is a personal thing. No threat can work. Take a bold step and stop them, otherwise, they will go further than you think. Mind you, they are business people in religious sector. Profit maximisation is there candid target, at whoever expense. Stop them, they will never stop on their own.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Youngzedd(m): 9:27pm On Dec 24, 2016
hamedollar:
Are you just coming to Nigeria? There is nothing you can do. Noise pollution is part of our culture. Dont worry, you will soon adapt to it

This mindset will never get this country anywhere.
SMH for people that think the way you do.

I can go any length to stop noise pollution.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by SMT042(m): 9:29pm On Dec 24, 2016
REPORT TO ANY OF THE OFFICES OF THE BELOW AGENCY IN 9JA : NATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL STANDARDS AND REGULATION ENFORCEMENT AGENCY ( NESREA ). THE AGENCY HAS 24 OFFICES ACROSS THE FEDERATION.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Heavance(m): 9:30pm On Dec 24, 2016
Just save to buy a madt speaker too, face it to the church and leave 'Lil Kesh- iranu' to play on repeat till dawn.
I am a Christian, but fully against that kind of disturbance.

I remember how a friend told me about his mother being warned by the police in England for this kind of noisy vigil at home, them no tell her before she do normal. We can't grow in this country with such attitude o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by SMT042(m): 9:32pm On Dec 24, 2016
SMT042:
REPORT TO ANY OF THE OFFICES OF THE BELOW AGENCY IN 9JA : NATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL STANDARDS AND REGULATION ENFORCEMENT AGENCY ( NESREA ). THE AGENCY HAS 24 OFFICES ACROSS THE FEDERATION.
YOU CAN ALSO GOOGLE ABOUT THE AGENCY
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Electroweb(m): 9:41pm On Dec 24, 2016
Start attending the church. grin
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Youngzedd(m): 9:42pm On Dec 24, 2016
Pablo212:
Facing the same thing, but if you complain they will call you enemy of God, their next Sunday prayer points will be directed on Enemies that live around that does not want the church to prosper... now am used to it.

Sue them.
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Greenbullet(m): 9:43pm On Dec 24, 2016
MINE IS EVEN WORSE,I GO TO WORK BY 7 EVERY MORNING, THEY ARE PRAYING AND SINGING ,OK,PROBLEM.
I RETURN FROM WORK TO REST AND I STLL HEAR THEIR DAMN SCREECHING, wtf,am tired of these people, ahh ahh,can't u regulate the sound to only your church, they want to shout to be heard,I am even developing constant head ache due to lack of quality sleep and tired,churches are not meant for residential areas,Goddamit! resident areas are meant for people to reside not for churches to disturb,please I am in Benin what can I do?

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Youngzedd(m): 9:45pm On Dec 24, 2016
ArabMopol:

jeshua 6 : 1 , the walls of Jericho fell after Joshua's Israelite army marched around the city blowing their trumpets singing and praising God... Don't try to be a jerico because u can't battle with the lord.. I'm just advancing

This country have a long way to go provided people like you exist.
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 24, 2016
LOL. Funny comments.
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Abayor7: 9:52pm On Dec 24, 2016
friedcorn:

For how many minutes?
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by 4tune490(m): 9:53pm On Dec 24, 2016
Kindly move to another place. Thank me later.
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by dangotesmummy: 9:54pm On Dec 24, 2016
moscow37d:
First of all we need to know which state this is happening
Lagos obviously
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Hayzedious: 10:02pm On Dec 24, 2016
WORLDHISTORY101:

Is that the question they are asking you? Does anybody have the right to be making life unbearable for others whether they are Christian or Muslim?

Abi o, why bring the mosque into this, the op question was clearly stated

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by BlackMystery(f): 10:07pm On Dec 24, 2016
Tenkobos:

I walked up the pastor and complained to him how the noise was disturbing US and they all concluded that I am possessed. They said the power in their praises was tormenting the demon that possessed me and that was why I feel uncomfortable when they sing.

I didn't say anything again.

I simply went to the market and bought a Tecno phone. I think it was a T series. the one that have big speaker at the bottom side of it.

people that have used the phone can attest to the loudness of the speaker.

I loaded a 4G memory card with all Terry G's song and waited for the next Sunday service

On that day, I charged the phone to the fullest and placed it on the window that's closes to the Pastor.

I waited for them to be silent before I played Terry G's free madness.

The pastor was on my door before I could play half of themusic that I loaded on the phone.

Guess what...... he was the one calling for peace.

This cracked me up!!
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by olajide14: 10:10pm On Dec 24, 2016
LASEPA - Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency - is the regulatory body in charge of improving the environment in Lagos. For those experiencing noise pollution, report through the following avenues. Phone: Call or SMS +234-704-635-1295 +234-815-045-8639 +234-815-045-8638 EMAIL : info@lasepa.gov.ng Online complaint form : http://www.lasepa.gov.ng/report/contact.php Agency Website http://www.lasepa.gov.ng/ This life is too short for one to live in perpetual suffering. Report and Live in peace!

Religion is becoming evil in Nigeria....
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by olaztek(m): 10:10pm On Dec 24, 2016
friedcorn:
It's endurable and doesn't last more than 10minutes.
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by ArabMopol(m): 10:24pm On Dec 24, 2016
Youngzedd:

This country have a long way to go provided people like you exist.
we need that exist now than ever , most of this ppl rush into Nigerian force because of the name and other benefits that follows it, if they see unarmed civilian come see them
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by olaztek(m): 10:38pm On Dec 24, 2016
ArabMopol:
we need that exist now than ever , most of this ppl rush into Nigerian force because of the name and other benefits that follows it, if they see unarmed civilian come see them
Sorry, U are lost.
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 24, 2016
Fiyinfoluwa20:
So, our close used to be the most serene place I know, now this church just moved into a building behind mine and they have had like 3 services since yesterday. We cannot live peacefully again with all the instruments and noise and FYI, we have a church in our close and we don't even hear from them save on Sundays, they don't disturb at all.

This is madness!

I am a liberal and I never read anywhere in the Bible where Jesus or any of the apostle for that matter disturb people to pass their message.

The problem is some ppl just refuse to move with time. Moving with time is different from moving with the ppl. Some churches have gone sound proof to the extent that you cant hear the drums and other instruments being played from outside. That is moving with time.
Gone are the days when you believe it's by megaphone making noise outside that ppl would get saved.

I have a similar problem. I've just moved to a new place and there is a mosque that must call to worship 4:40am near by. And it is so loud that atimes You'ld wish the person behind the mic to quench. It so annoying.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by neocortex: 10:53pm On Dec 24, 2016
Fiyinfoluwa20:

This is madness!

If you are in lagos, check this out:
https://www.nairaland.com/2559183/how-report-noise-pullution-streets

but if in other states, pay a visit to the ministry of environment.
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 24, 2016
kelly72:
I am going thru the same shit right now. They are right beside my house with their AHUJA speakers sticking out facing my window. The mjsvroom church hall can barely contain 20 people so what do they need a public address system for? Sometimes they hold night vigils for 40 days and continue shouting in the morning till 10am.

I have done eveything possible to make them reduce the volume of their microphones and speakers in the dead of the night to no avail. Thd worst of it all, I cant even find any soft side to it: at least one can resolve to fall asleep with their music but, their voices are so discordant like toads and frogs. They sing like they are drunk, making the whole experience so frustrating. And to think that neighbours do not want to talk for fear that God will get angry with them.

Can Jesus do this to anybody? Can he then encourage anyone to keep others awake against their will? What can I do? The pastor seems to have a special privilege to violate my right to live and sleep peacefully in a quiet environment.

I am helpless

Buy a grenade and throw in their midst when they start their nonsense
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by DrogoG(m): 12:24am On Dec 25, 2016
Fiyinfoluwa20:

This is madness!

The Church has no right to disturb your peace in your own home. Churches are not normally established in residential buildings because of noise.

Complain to the person in charge of the church. If he or she refuses to do anything about it, then report it to the police. If police does nothing, then take action.

Make sure you face your sound system speakers (if you have none, borrow or rent one) towards the direction of the church and disturb their worship with a continuous blast of club bangers, especially, the ones that have dirty words in them. Raise the volume high enough to reach the church.

Trust me, the pastor will come to you begging.
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Menzy86(m): 12:24am On Dec 25, 2016
I live in the north and have spent all my life there plus I am a good Christian but this church issue is getting outta hand. The simple truth is dat though mosques disturb, theirs isnt as intense and protracted as having to endure a service of over two hours. The longest muslim prayer aint more than 15mins. I live near one four square church presently in ilorin and dey are almost driving me crazy. They make me go to work with jammed brain on saturdays I am on morning shift and they have an all nyt d friday b4, god is not deaf and that's why being Catholic makes so much sense!
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by cybriz82(m): 1:48am On Dec 25, 2016
raumdeuter:
Get some guys to come and smoke weed, drink beer and play Pasuma or Obesere lewd music on loudspeaker and point it towards their church when they are having vigil

hmmmm i see u must b SATAN!
Re: What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? by Taiwo20(m): 4:20am On Dec 25, 2016
slick1:
The Honest and Simple truth is that as long as u live in Nigeria, NOTHING can be done.....

Report them to the ministry of environment.
Or rent a very big speaker and start playing St. Janet songs for every sunday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' / Recession Will End If An Igbo Heads Economic Team, Finance Ministry – Ayodele / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto-Fufeyin Gives Muslim Food-packs In FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.