Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,290 members, 7,836,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Speedometer Stops And Automatic Gear Stops Working - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Speedometer Stops And Automatic Gear Stops Working (1920 Views)

4 Signs Of A Faulty Speedometer Sensor / The Differences Between Manual And Automatic Compressors. / Speedometer Stops Working, Odometer Reading Wipe Off, Toyota Camry 1999 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speedometer Stops And Automatic Gear Stops Working by nedu2000(m): 5:56pm On Dec 24, 2016
I drive an lexus RX 300,this evening my speedometer stops reading(down to zero) then after a little time the gear wasn't changing. Pls is there anyone by recommendation that can do a solid job.My previous mechanic,Wasiu,is a fraud
Re: Speedometer Stops And Automatic Gear Stops Working by shyling(f): 6:22pm On Dec 24, 2016
new transmission 500k cash. kpele kingreign over to you
Re: Speedometer Stops And Automatic Gear Stops Working by kingreign(m): 6:32pm On Dec 24, 2016
shyling:

He said rx300 not rx330.
Re: Speedometer Stops And Automatic Gear Stops Working by kingreign(m): 6:33pm On Dec 24, 2016
nedu2000:
I drive an lexus RX 300,this evening my speedometer stops reading(down to zero) then after a little time the gear wasn't changing. Pls is there anyone by recommendation that can do a solid job.My previous mechanic,Wasiu,is a fraud

No location, no description of work done, no description if vehicle is AWD or FWD.
Bro, your query is ambiguous.
Re: Speedometer Stops And Automatic Gear Stops Working by nedu2000(m): 7:26pm On Dec 24, 2016
kingreign:

No location, no description of work done, no description if vehicle is AWD or FWD.
Bro, your query is ambiguous.
FWD,i'm in lagos and I bought a gear box in february
Re: Speedometer Stops And Automatic Gear Stops Working by nedu2000(m): 7:28pm On Dec 24, 2016
shyling:
then i'm selling,got a gear box in february
Re: Speedometer Stops And Automatic Gear Stops Working by kingreign(m): 8:15pm On Dec 24, 2016
nedu2000:
FWD,i'm in lagos and I bought a gear box in february

Contact Gazzuzz, 0803 391 0382.
Your gearbox is NOT up to 500k.
Re: Speedometer Stops And Automatic Gear Stops Working by kingreign(m): 8:16pm On Dec 24, 2016
nedu2000:
then i'm selling,got a gear box in february
This shows there's something absolutely wrong somewhere.
Re: Speedometer Stops And Automatic Gear Stops Working by honmusa(m): 8:24pm On Dec 24, 2016
nedu2000:
Scan the vehicle the power train system first for possible clues before jumping to conclusion that you have Tx issue.
Seems you have faulty wheel speed sensor which is responsible for sending speed signal to your speedometer and Tx and is down .
If you are Lagos ,call autologic @08061166316

1 Like

Re: Speedometer Stops And Automatic Gear Stops Working by nedu2000(m): 8:34pm On Dec 24, 2016
honmusa:

Scan the vehicle the power train system first for possible clues before jumping to conclusion that you have Tx issue.
Seems you have faulty wheel speed sensor which is responsible for sending speed signal to your speedometer and Tx and is down .
If you are Lagos ,call autologic @08061166316
thanks i'll do jus that
Re: Speedometer Stops And Automatic Gear Stops Working by foleyankee(m): 5:59am On Dec 26, 2016
u don't need to change your gear box scan the car am sure the code u will get is p0500 or did u work on the shafts when you get to ur mechanic tell him to check if the wheel speed sensors (abs sensor) are intact or if the shaft rings are there
Re: Speedometer Stops And Automatic Gear Stops Working by Namzy(m): 6:42am On Dec 26, 2016
Most likely the speed sensor. People don dey shout new transmission
Re: Speedometer Stops And Automatic Gear Stops Working by Emekayoung(m): 1:57pm On Dec 26, 2016
I had that experience last month. I am sure the speedometer digit numbers aren't showing same wit the P R N D letters shown on ur dashboard. If so den look for a gud electrician to check ur fuse box and locate the fuse for ur dashboard. Your car won't engange in any gear if P R N D and speedometer digit numbers aren't showing. So pls do wat i have said and get back to me.
Re: Speedometer Stops And Automatic Gear Stops Working by Ricmayak1: 2:27pm On Dec 26, 2016
Check the speed sensor first.
Re: Speedometer Stops And Automatic Gear Stops Working by nedu2000(m): 3:23pm On Dec 26, 2016
Emekayoung:
I had that experience last month. I am sure the speedometer digit numbers aren't showing same wit the P R N D letters shown on ur dashboard. If so den look for a gud electrician to check ur fuse box and locate the fuse for ur dashboard. Your car won't engange in any gear if P R N D and speedometer digit numbers aren't showing. So pls do wat i have said and get back to me.
a bit after the holidays i'll do just that,thanks

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Which ATF Should I Use For Honda Baby Boy / 2021 Mercedes-amg GLE 53 Coupe Arrives With 429 Hp / Biden Takes New Electric F-150 For A Test Drive: 'this Sucker's Quick'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.