Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree (29664 Views)

Muslim Woman Decorates Hayap, CAN Chairman’s House With Christmas Tree In Kaduna / Muslim Woman Decorates Pastor’s House Ahead Of Christmas In Kaduna. Photo / "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by olayinka63: 1:40pm On Dec 25, 2016
EdoNation:
LEMME ASK A QUESTION WEN MUSLIMS ARE CELEBRATING SALAH OR WATEVA DO YOU POST THREAD DISCREDITING THIER CELEBRATIONS?

MUST YOU BE A MUMU ON CHRISTMAS DAY?!!

Muslims have evidence for their Salah celebrations stated in the Quran and hadith , therefore nobody can discredit it.

2 Likes

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by ekestic1976(f): 1:41pm On Dec 25, 2016
Genea:
if u adopt a child and the child's real birth date can't be accounted for, won't u allocate a date to him??

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by Genea(f): 1:42pm On Dec 25, 2016
[quote author=ekestic1976 post=52244958][/quote]lolx cheesy
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 25, 2016
So it's ok to worship a white Jesus who rubbed out your traditional religion and enslaved your people, but denounce the origins of Christmas? Merry Christmas Op. cheesy
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by rabex123(m): 1:55pm On Dec 25, 2016
EdoNation:
LEMME ASK A QUESTION WEN MUSLIMS ARE CELEBRATING SALAH OR WATEVA DO YOU POST THREAD DISCREDITING THIER CELEBRATIONS?

The op is a Christian . soooo wetin be your own
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by Yoshy: 1:56pm On Dec 25, 2016
rottennaija:
Jw right? What's your point?
why don't you learn and go, the facts are tormenting you?
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by psalmsjob: 1:57pm On Dec 25, 2016
realGURU:
who does the statement below describe?
He walked on water, feed 5 thousand people with 5 loaves of bread but couldn't handle three nails on the cross

He is the same man that when they came to arrest him he spoke and they all fell down, he voluntarily gave his life so that you can be alive today to say this and possibly accept his saving sacrifice one day. That is the ultimate miracle that the life giver gave his life for you to live.
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by FBS: 2:05pm On Dec 25, 2016
Mumbo jumbo. Classic case of men yarning yari yari. cheesy

As far as I'm concerned this is victory for people with good intentions because, now when you say Christmas you sure know what we are celebrating - Jesus. He has once again darkness.

Jesus Christ is Lord.

PS# who cares about santa? What is wrong in giving and sharing? Isn't that what the message is about? Love and peace.
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by iamharkinwaley: 2:07pm On Dec 25, 2016
Chai Op me dey vex for you, why you go post something like this,well I guess he's envy of this season,here by writing this to console himself. You better cheer up and celebrate with us...
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by Okies27(m): 2:08pm On Dec 25, 2016
macok33:

http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/Christmas_TheRealStory.htm
. The question is what you do on Christmas day whether you celebrate or not.. Christians share n show love on Christmas days n teach the importance of Christ birth. Whether u write about the true date Christ was born or not, it's the teachings n how Christians are admonished to show love during this season is what matters.

2 Likes

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by EDIPO(m): 2:15pm On Dec 25, 2016
EdoNation:

Kindly excuse Islam and Muslims from this.

The post was written by a Christian I guess, backed up by facts that can be verified.

Deal with that and clear your conscience instead of dragging Islam into it.

Every festival in Islam is backed by the scripture except the one invented by some people bothering on the birth of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and most Muslims object it vehemently for it's an innovation.

That said, limit the scope of your disagreement with the fact based article to the actual subject.

Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by Protein0: 2:16pm On Dec 25, 2016
psalmsjob:

He is the same man that when they came to arrest him he spoke and they all fell down, he voluntarily gave his life so that you can be alive today to say this and possibly accept his saving sacrifice one day. That is the ultimate miracle that the life giver gave his life for you to live.

And same man who remained quiet even when the truth was sought from him (by the governor). The same man who wished the "cup" could pass over him (after volunteering). The same man who queried why his God (who sent him as sacrifice) forsook him on the cross
grin
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by dermmy(m): 2:19pm On Dec 25, 2016
Godfullsam:
Today na xmas either the OP and mod like it or not!

Lol.
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by government1(m): 2:26pm On Dec 25, 2016
Am a christain and the bible is written is English, so that we can read and undreratand.
If you say you attend a bible believing church and you are celebrating xmas, then your church is not a bible believing but an orthodox church
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by daniska3yaro(m): 2:28pm On Dec 25, 2016
EdoNation:

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by Protein0: 2:30pm On Dec 25, 2016
EdoNation:

The op isn't a Muslim now. I'm sure if there are concrete evidences to discredit Islamic festivals, ppl would av done so.
And you may set a precedence, by discrediting Islamic festivals (with objective facts, just like the op did).
But pls, don't drag Muslims and Islam into ds. Face ur Christian brother who reasoned well and came up with ds thread and others who have agreed with him.
Peace.

3 Likes

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by Sulaimon01(m): 2:33pm On Dec 25, 2016
EdoNation:

Must you always drag Muslims into your post? Now it's true that you people envy Islam..... Mind your business sister

4 Likes

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by stanleyalpacino(m): 2:45pm On Dec 25, 2016
EdoNation:

HEY MY OP ITS NOT OUR FAULT YOU COULD NOT BUY CHICKEN OR TURKEY FOR XMAS SO LET US BE!!!

HABA!!

MERRY XMAS GOOD PPL

kiss kiss kiss kiss

I need to see you tonight in my dreams.... Damn.... wink shocked shocked grin shocked
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by Heavance(m): 2:45pm On Dec 25, 2016
EdoNation:

I seriously wonder o....
when people are celebrating white wedding they don't put it o, even when public holiday was declared for Muslims last week Monday we no hear anything o.

Please can people just have fun as it is a time set aside to remember the birth of Christ, not the particular date Christ came to this world.
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by mychelyte(m): 2:56pm On Dec 25, 2016
What is he saying pls? Can somebody summarize this, must you write epistles?
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by haftob(m): 3:02pm On Dec 25, 2016
EdoNation:

Because the muslim festivals have evidences in the Quran and even in the Bible.

3 Likes

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by gaskiyamagana: 3:10pm On Dec 25, 2016
The argument will continue, but Christians will still maintain Pagan festival in one hand and condemning idolatory in another hand, whats a kind of double standard religion?

1 Like

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by Jilo83(m): 3:16pm On Dec 25, 2016
Even at that, we need 2 appreciate d early christians for adopting pagan festival to win their souls. This what christians of today lack, they want to prove holiness. Early christians were like paul and today christians like peter.
What is important is that Christ deserve to be celebrated.

1 Like

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by massive1019(m): 3:16pm On Dec 25, 2016
olayinka63:

Muslims have evidence for their Salah celebrations stated in the Quran and hadith , therefore nobody can discredit it.
the question u need to as is dat...was it isaaq Abraham wanted 2 kill or ismael?
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by psalmsjob: 3:18pm On Dec 25, 2016
Protein0:

And same man who remained quiet even when the truth was sought from him (by the governor). The same man who wished the "cup" could pass over him (after volunteering). The same man who queried why his God (who sent him as sacrifice) forsook him on the cross
grin

He is 100% human while here on earth.

He more or less heard his mother telling him the circumstances of his birth, read the Torah and discovered that he was indeed destined and chosen by God to save the world according to what was written.

He had doubts as well just as you now have. Heard about John the Baptist went to be baptized by him then heard a voice telling him that he was his Father, which you will one day hear too, which gave him believe or hope then he went into the desert to pray and get better confirmation about it, that's why the devil was tempting him to instill those doubt in him.

He finally believed God's words for his life and came out from the desert to begin preaching the gospel of the salvation of God through grace for 3 years and no one laid a hand on him because his time to die had not come.

He need not answer Pilate because he wasn't trying to save himself from what is about to happen. Because that's what Pilate wanted him to plead for. And Jesus told that he only has the power over him because God gave it to him.

He wished the cup of death could pass him bye "if it were possible" he said and quickly added not my will but your will be done still volunteering, simply because he is human and no human wants to die even though we know we all will die someday.

Jesus just like Abraham began with believed God is father without a shred of doubt even more perfectly than Abraham so seeing God forsake him because of my sins and yours too, letting death as it were to take him away brought those groaning cry but finally he said in your hands I commit my soul still believing in the resurrection power of God. That is why he given a name above all names that at the mention of Yashua/Jesus all knees must bow.

Those that killed him and were guarding him on the cross after seeing the earthquakes, and lightening said; "truly this is the son of God"
You have to believe this things as a little child would and its never by human efforts but by God's Spirit when the time is right you will because I can see that you're close to believing in the saving sacrifice of Jesus.

It's better to believe in Jesus's death and resurrection while here on earth as a way to get to God or heaven when you die than believing nothing.
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by realGURU(m): 3:25pm On Dec 25, 2016
psalmsjob:

but do you know the meaning of Eloi Eloi lama sabachthani?

1 Like

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by Kassidy90(m): 3:29pm On Dec 25, 2016
EdoNation:

Don't bring Muslims into this because everything Muslims celebrates there are evidence of it in Quran, besides nobody is against celebrating the birth of Jesus as Muslims also celebrate the birth of Muhammed but the question is which day is the real birthday of Jesus is it 25th of Dec. and where are the biblical references

3 Likes

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by Niyinficient(m): 3:32pm On Dec 25, 2016
So your point is?

Thank u, we know, any day dey put as Christmas we will celebrate.

By your explanation a day of bad things has Turned a period of love and happiness for d whole world which for us is a good thing.

1 Like

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by me69: 3:42pm On Dec 25, 2016
EdoNation:

WETIN BRING MUSLIM JOIN THIS TOPIC. ABEG TAKE TIME DON'T PROVOQUE

2 Likes

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by psalmsjob: 3:58pm On Dec 25, 2016
realGURU:
but do you know the meaning of Eloi Eloi lama sabachthani?

Yes; my God, my God, why have you forsaken me! That's the meaning and someone has asked me this question too and I have answered it to the best of my understanding but the Holy Spirit will make it more clearer to you guys.

You can scroll down to other pages on this topic to read my response on this it's kind of lengthy just to make it a bit clear. But the bottom line is that Jesus is 100% human and felt pains too. Or just read through my posts via my profile.
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by Protein0: 4:01pm On Dec 25, 2016
psalmsjob:

He is 100% human while here on earth.

He more or less heard his mother telling him the circumstances of his birth, read the Torah and discovered that he was indeed destined and chosen by God to save the world according to what was written.

He had doubts as well just as you now have. Heard about John the Baptist went to be baptized by him then heard a voice telling him that he was his Father, which you will one day hear too, which gave him believe or hope then he went into the desert to pray and get better confirmation about it, that's why the devil was tempting him to instill those doubt in him.

He finally believed God's words for his life and came out from the desert to begin preaching the gospel of the salvation of God through grace for 3 years and no one laid a hand on him because his time to die had not come.

He need not answer Pilate because he wasn't trying to save himself from what is about to happen. Because that's what Pilate wanted him to plead for. And Jesus told that he only has the power over him because God gave it to him.

He wished the cup of death could pass him bye "if it were possible" he said and quickly added not my will but your will be done still volunteering, simply because he is human and no human wants to die even though we know we all will die someday.

Jesus just like Abraham began with believed God is father without a shred of doubt even more perfectly than Abraham so seeing God forsake him because of my sins and yours too, letting death as it were to take him away brought those groaning cry but finally he said in your hands I commit my soul still believing in the resurrection power of God. That is why he given a name above all names that at the mention of Yashua/Jesus all knees must bow.

Those that killed him and were guarding him on the cross after seeing the earthquakes, and lightening said; "truly this is the son of God"
You have to believe this things as a little child would and its never by human efforts but by God's Spirit when the time is right you will because I can see that you're close to believing in the saving sacrifice of Jesus.

It's better to believe in Jesus's death and resurrection while here on earth as a way to get to God or heaven when you die than believing nothing.

Honestly, I found it haculean reading d first few paragraphs not to talk of finishing it. Too voluminous . Kindly give d Torah ref sir. Or shud I read it from its "Genesis" to "revelation" Kindly b succinct nd let's c of it's pertinent sir. U can equally post d Torah excerpt for all to read here pls
lipsrsealed
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by realGURU(m): 4:03pm On Dec 25, 2016
psalmsjob:

Yes; my God, my God, why have you forsaken me! That's the meaning and someone has asked me this question too and I have answered it to the best of my understanding but the Holy Spirit will make it more clearer to you guys.

You can scroll down to other pages on this topic to read my response on this it's kind of lengthy just to make it a bit clear. But the bottom line is that Jesus is 100% human and felt pains too. Or just read through my posts via my profile.
haha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze On First Fruit: Giving Your January Salary To Pastor Is Foolishness / Winners Chapel Shiloh 2018 Thread: Everything You Need To Know / Daddy Freeze Reveals Paul Adefarasin Is Behind His Boycott From MC Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.