Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree (29669 Views)

Muslim Woman Decorates Hayap, CAN Chairman’s House With Christmas Tree In Kaduna / Muslim Woman Decorates Pastor’s House Ahead Of Christmas In Kaduna. Photo / "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by rhektor(m): 4:10pm On Dec 25, 2016
FagsamPHP:
Christmas is a jumble of ancient pagan customs invented by men, and a holiday found nowhere in d Bible, does God honor or accept such worship
Nowhere in the bible do we find any hint of a Christmas celebration or anything remotely like. If Christmas is an important celebration to honor, why is it nowhere mentioned in the Bible?? The Christmas holiday is largely a recycled pagan celebration
Nowhere in the Bible is there any record of anyone observing Christmas or any hint that God the Father or Jesus Christ expects us to do so..
The truth is that Christ never was in Christmas and it is not Jesus, but Satan who is the reason for the season.....

I don't know if anybody used android phone in the Bible, maybe you have seen were the Internet was used in the Bible. Can you please tell me where people in the Bible uses Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook? Guy go sidon somewhere jorh. All these half educated will come and be displaying their naivety for people to see

1 Like

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by MayhorE(m): 4:15pm On Dec 25, 2016
Just sharing his own thought, if u like post yours too

Is not for you to believe, so if u don't want to read this or is affecting you, you should go to next post and stop using negative words.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by psalmsjob: 4:17pm On Dec 25, 2016
Protein0:

Honestly, I found it haculean reading d first few paragraphs not to talk of finishing it. Too voluminous . Kindly give d Torah ref sir. Or shud I read it from its "Genesis" to "revelation" Kindly b succinct nd let's c of it's pertinent sir. U can equally post d Torah excerpt for all to read here pls
lipsrsealed
If you find this my write up too voluminous how then can you read the Bible or Torah?

You find it convenient to quote a few text here and there that you find convenient to supports your unbelieve and by so doing taking it out of context and confuse yourself further.

Yes, try and read from Genesis to Revelation then you can criticize it objectively if you find any.

1 Like

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by Reader1988: 4:31pm On Dec 25, 2016
EdoNation:
LEMME ASK A QUESTION WEN MUSLIMS ARE CELEBRATING SALAH OR WATEVA DO YOU POST THREAD DISCREDITING THIER CELEBRATIONS?

MUST YOU BE A MUMU ON CHRISTMAS DAY?!!
Muslims Sunni don't celebrate Maulud but no Christian will post a trash. Not all Muslims believe in Hadith but none will post a trash. Woe unto dull and unskillful people looking for cheap popularity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by Protein0: 4:42pm On Dec 25, 2016
psalmsjob:

If you find this my write up too voluminous how then can you read the Bible or Torah?

You find it convenient to quote a few text here and there that you find convenient to supports your unbelieve and by so doing taking it out of context and confuse yourself further.

Yes, try and read from Genesis to Revelation then you can criticize it objectively if you find any.

I Laff in Hebrew.
I wasn't expected to read D Bible in few minutes, just like ur post. Ok?
I doubt if ur pastor sef has ever seen the Torah, not to talk of yourself (no insults intended pls, just being factual) and u can discredit it by proving otherwise.
Well, I've no business with the Torah sir because it was meant for the people of the time of Moses. Mine is just to bliv Moses was given a scripture called Torah.
And y did u quote my initial post sef? Na crime to buttress an answer? It would av even been useful if u raised a rejoinder to those description of Jesus I added . As in, to disprove dem. Instead u went ahead preaching. Who tell u say I no bliv in him?
Abeg, I no Wan drag "dragless" matters.
Meditate on D topic of ds thread created by ur brother in christ. grin
Peace
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by RichardKajola(m): 4:58pm On Dec 25, 2016
hmmn very enlightening n thanks
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by psalmsjob: 5:03pm On Dec 25, 2016
Protein0:

I Laff in Hebrew.
I wasn't expected to read D Bible in few minutes, just like ur post. Ok?
I doubt if ur pastor sef has ever seen the Torah, not to talk of yourself (no insults intended pls, just being factual) and u can discredit it by proving otherwise.
Well, I've no business with the Torah sir because it was meant for the people of the time of Moses. Mine is just to bliv Moses was given a scripture called Torah.
And y did u quote my initial post sef? Na crime to buttress an answer? It would av even been useful if u raised a rejoinder to those description of Jesus I added . As in, to disprove dem. Instead u went ahead preaching. Who tell u say I no bliv in him?
Abeg, I no Wan drag "dragless" matters.
Meditate on D topic of ds thread created by ur brother in christ. grin
Peace

You are not my primary focus with that write-up but everyone that thinks along that line like you.

What you saying about Torah or no Torah is just diversionary. You find my write-up too voluminous yet want me to summarize the Bible or buttress some points you just pick out of context. The Bible is not for academic thesis, it is for people of faith that believes even without evidence to back up what they believe but trusting God that he cannot lie and that if he is mighty to create everything that we see and comprehend He can as well do those things that we can't comprehend. That is why He said in the last days the righteous shall be saved by his faith.

My "pastor" actually wrote the Torah and the Biblegrin He is called the Holy Spirit. I don't worship men like you understand other "Christians" to do, if you get my drift.

2 Likes

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by olayinka63: 5:05pm On Dec 25, 2016
massive1019:
the question u need to as is dat...was it isaaq Abraham wanted 2 kill or ismael?
Are saying that you have another answer to your question contrary to what was revealed in the Quran? The person Abraham wanted to kill was stated clearly in the Quran therefore I don't need your answer. Meanwhile Quran was not written by human being the way some parts of your book was written by Mankind.
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 25, 2016
FagsamPHP:
Christmas is a jumble of ancient pagan customs invented by men, and a holiday found nowhere in d Bible, does God honor or accept such worship
Nowhere in the bible do we find any hint of a Christmas celebration or anything remotely like. If Christmas is an important celebration to honor, why is it nowhere mentioned in the Bible?? The Christmas holiday is largely a recycled pagan celebration
Nowhere in the Bible is there any record of anyone observing Christmas or any hint that God the Father or Jesus Christ expects us to do so..
The truth is that Christ never was in Christmas and it is not Jesus, but Satan who is the reason for the season.....
May it be for you as you wish.Amen
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by tellmemore15: 5:08pm On Dec 25, 2016
macok33:

http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/Christmas_TheRealStory.htm

If this story is true then the early catholic church did a great christian job, converting all kind of demonic and pagan tradition to an holy day used to remember the King of Kings,
May God bless their soul.

2 Likes

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 25, 2016
realGURU:
who does the statement below describe?
He walked on water, feed 5 thousand people with 5 loaves of bread but couldn't handle three nails on the cross
Every thing you just said has been planned & destined to happen. After fulfilling his mission, he was supposed to go as such.Can you not live with that.

1 Like

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by durodee(m): 5:13pm On Dec 25, 2016
Merry CHRISTmas to all on this thread! At least there is historical evidence that CHRIST was born at one time (be it Jan or July or August or Dec) and the fact remain that God did not create months with names: na we humans wey de call am the name we want! There was no birth record for my father, so he decided on July 23, the date his own father died. For the last 80 years or so he has celebrated his birth on that day!
No matter the date chosen, CHRIST was born, for a purpose!, and we are forever grateful for it!!!!!

Merry CHRISTmas once again!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 25, 2016
emeijeh:
The Op is absolutely correct.
Christmas has never been a biblical feast.
It originated from the worship of the
sun god

We are not disputing that Christ was born, but he was never born on December 25.
Quote me anywhere
PS.
I am a christian
Why don't you give a specific date & if you cannot just pick your own personal date to celebrate & let them be.
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 25, 2016
martineverest:
the truth is that we christians dont know that christmas is idolatory
You & who be WE?
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by realGURU(m): 5:18pm On Dec 25, 2016
Mekwen:
Every thing you just said has been planned & destined to happen. After fulfilling his mission, he was supposed to go as such.Can you not live with that.
but do u know the meaning of eloi eloi lama sambachtani"?
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 25, 2016
Godfullsam:
Today na xmas either the OP and mod like it or not!
And they cannot change that fact.
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by murmee: 5:21pm On Dec 25, 2016
FagsamPHP:

why December 25? Why not another date?
What difference would another date make? Whether Satan and his agents (in this case, the OP) likes it or not, Jesus will always be celebrated. Do I need to remind you that Jesus Christ is the KING of kings and the LORD of lords, the Saviour of the world!
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by akoko11: 5:33pm On Dec 25, 2016
This can't stop me from celebrating Xmas
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by cyrilamx(m): 5:48pm On Dec 25, 2016
[quote author=macok33 post=52237587]

http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/Christmas_TheRealStory.htm[/quoteThe modern Catholic has many fronts to defend, one of them being the so-called “pagan roots” of Christmas. Around Christmastime you are likely to hear the objection that Christmas is a Christo-pagan holiday, a mash-up of pagan beliefs and Christian celebration. Here are two of the objections you might meet, and a helpful way to respond to each.

“Christians coopted Christmas from the winter solstice celebration of Sol Invictus.”

Yes, there were mid-winter celebrations in religions outside Christianity during the time of the early Church. In fact, as with Easter, the Eastern and the Western churches observed Christmas differently, while, until recently, the Armenians didn’t celebrate it at all. The West led the way with a distinctive nativity-based celebration, concluding with the holy Mass. Christmas was not an assimilated celebration until the fourth century.

Does that mean that the apostle John, and Sts. Polycarp and Irenaeus—three men who were apostolically connected—did not celebrate Christmas? Probably not. But there is nothing wrong with this. There was never a debate about the birth of Christ, but the celebration of it as Christmas took time to develop.

The person who maintains Christmas’s “pagan roots” has to ask himself the following questions:

1. After centuries of the Church’s persecution for not observing pagan holidays, where is the proof of influence?

2. Who influenced whom? Did Christianity influence pagans to begin to adopt a more public and concrete celebration, or did they “Christianize” a pagan event? We can observe historically that the two celebrations were present at the time, but neither scenario is a problem for the Christian, because the Church has the ability to Christianize people and celebrations alike. Light overcame darkness at the celebration of Sol Invictus, and, in Christ, darkness was defeated by the real luminousness of Christ. Paganism had a hint, but Christianity had the fulfillment.

Remiond your objector of what Paul said to the Greeks at the Areopagus:

“For as I passed along, and observed the object of your worship, I found also an altar with this inscription, ‘to an unknown god.’ What therefore your worship as unknown, this I proclaim to you . . . that [every nation of men] should seek God, in the hope that they might feel after him and find him” (Acts 17:23, 27)

A desire for the “unknown God” is written on the hearts of all men. The Catechism of the Catholic Church puts it this way:

The desire for God is written in the human heart, because man is created by God and for God; and God never ceases to draw man to himself. Only in God will he find the truth and happiness he never stops searching for. (CCC 27).

“The Christmas tree comes from pagan origins and is condemned in the Bible.”

The objector can have a field day with this one. Evergreens are a near-universal symbol of hope in the winter season. They represented resurrection (triumph of life over death) for the Egyptians, everlasting life for the Scandinavians and Druids, and agricultural anticipation (to the god Saturnalia) for the Greeks and Romans. But the tree is not recognized as a use of Christmas celebration until the time of the Reformation.

More closely connected to the ancient church is the use of evergreen wreaths. Your objector might say that it came around the same time as the popularity of the pagan celebration Saturnalia. The truth is, Tertullian wrote as early as A.D. 190-220 that Christians hang more “wreaths and laurels” than the pagans (who hang it for the “gate gods”) at their doors.

In this letter, Tertullian condemned the wreath as something into which to put hope as did the pagans with their temples, over that of Jesus who is the true Light in which we are the actual temples of the Spirit. He wasn’t condemning the décor! He ends with, “You are a light of the world, and a tree ever green. If you have renounced temples, make not your own gate a temple.” There’s little evidence that the Church adopted the practice from the pagans they were trying to convert.

The passage in the Bible your objector likely is referring is Jeremiah 10:3-4.

“Thus says the LORD: Learn not the customs of the nations, and have no fear of the signs of the heavens, though the nations fear them. For the cult idols of the nations are nothing, wood cut from the forest, wrought by craftsmen with the adze, adorned with silver and gold. With nails and hammers they are fastened, that they may not totter”(NAB).

Let’s get one thing straight: Jeremiah was not talking about Christmas trees. He was writing hundreds of years before Christmas became a celebration. He was pointing out the idolatry of the people of that day and, like Tertullian, was warning against the idolatry of those who put their hope in earthly gods and things.

Near to this, the objector must understand that Christians are not intent on worshiping their trees and are certainly not putting them in their entryways to deter spirits—perhaps for some carolers and eggnog, but not for protection.

Conclusion

There is nothing wrong with the Church baptizing certain practices of other religions. The objector is claiming the Church derived its beliefs from these celebrations when it only assimilated such seasonal celebrations and symbols. St. Patrick did the same with the clover to illuminate and demonstrate the reality of the Trinity. As did St. Paul in explaining the “unknown god” at the Areopagus. Paul did not derive the idea of God from the Greeks that day, and Patrick did not derive the Trinity from a leaf.

We don’t believe that Christians hold the patent on truth. Instead, we believe that God has allowed hints of himself in other religions. In other words, just because a specific religion does not contain the whole truth does not mean it contains no truth. If you witness to a pagan who believes a wreath will save him, maybe you can show him how Jesus is the fulfillment of that promise of everlasting life. Then, like the cross that hangs from our necks, we can display a wreath to remind us what is true. In this way, Christianity has the distinct ability to assimilate the “hints” of other religions.

I find the following passage from Vatican II’s Declaration on the Relation of the Church to Non-Christian Religions especially enlightening:

The Catholic Church rejects nothing that is true and holy in these religions. She regards with sincere reverence those ways of conduct and of life, those precepts and teachings which, though differing in many aspects from the ones she holds and sets forth, nonetheless often reflect a ray of that truth which enlightens all men. Indeed, she proclaims, and ever must proclaim Christ "the way, the truth, and the life" (John 14:6), in whom men may find the fullness of religious life, in whom God has reconciled all things to himself (Nostra Aetate 4).

4 Likes

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 25, 2016
[quote author=cyrilamx post=52250132][/quote]

If you ever celebrate anything that's not scriptural then you are a pagan. No matter how you try to justify it, any celebration outside the scripture is paganism. Just same way some persons are celebrating Christmas
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 25, 2016
Just has op is condemning Christmas, more reports about new year history would come soon out. Let me see whether he would wish anyone happy new year and if he does,he has join the pagans
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by FaroukM(m): 6:27pm On Dec 25, 2016
EdoNation:
LEMME ASK A QUESTION WEN MUSLIMS ARE CELEBRATING SALAH OR WATEVA DO YOU POST THREAD DISCREDITING THIER CELEBRATIONS?

There is proof of celebrating sallah in the holy Quran, no proof of celebrating xmas in the holy bible...don't get it twisted
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by cyrilamx(m): 6:29pm On Dec 25, 2016
If ever ur parents did traditional marriage, gave u traditional names, u a pagan too. If ever u worship on Sunday, use the gregorian calender, use d Bible...then u re a hypocrite. Christ never asked his disciples to write a book about him...it came out of necessities. D same Catholic Church u derive pleasure to condemning gave u the Bible, Sunday a d of worship, fixes Christmas n Easter celebration
asuustrike2009:

If you ever celebrate anything that's not scriptural then you are a pagan. No matter how you try to justify it, any celebration outside the scripture is paganism. Just same way some persons are celebrating Christmas

1 Like

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by emmamadon: 6:30pm On Dec 25, 2016
Christmas was actually a pagan feast, yes! but the truth remains that even most of our notable ancient churches here in Africa were built in forbidden, idol forests. You can actually turn whatever is meant for bad into a good Just as the devil is busy converting whatever God meant for good into an evil system, turning everything upside down. Jesus didn't ask us to commemorate His birth, yes! But neither did He ask us to build cathedrals. So if you are comfortable with the idea of Christmas, go on and celebrate Christ but if you are not please don't condemn those that do because that is actually when you sin (self righteousness). Remember, Let no man give you commandments as to what to eat, how to eat and concerning feast days says the Bible. Only one thing is needful, a life dedicated to the Lord.

1 Like

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by cyrilamx(m): 6:33pm On Dec 25, 2016
macok33:

http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/Christmas_TheRealStory.htm
There doesn't have to be a pagan holiday that Christmas or other Christian feast days were intentionally replacing (though we know that Pope Gregory the Great told St. Augustine of Canterbury to co-opt pagan festivals and sacred space and make them Christian, so this practice did take place). For one thing, Romans had a holiday about every three days, so every saints day or event in the life of Christ would likely fall close to a Roman holiday and was not necessarily intentionally placed on that date to coopt a pagan festival. Secondly, St. John Chrysostom gave a homily on Christmas (in fact, five of his Christmas sermons survive) about 386 AD (Migne, Patriologus Graecae, vol. 49, cols. 351-362, esp. Section 5, col. 357) in which, by looking at the Gospel of Luke, he was able to argue that Christ was born in late December; he didn’t argue that it was merely an effort to replace a Roman or pagan festival. He argued that if Zachary was serving in the Temple "and all the multitude of the people was praying without" (Lk 1:10), it must be the greatest Jewish Feast of Tabernacles, which occurs in late September or early October. Zachary returned home, Elizabeth conceived soon thereafter, and the Angel Gabriel appeared to Mary while Elizabeth was “in her sixth month” (not after six months), which would be late March, and Jesus was born nine months after that, in late December. Dec 25th is 9 months from March 25 and March 25th is 6 months from Oct 25th. October 25th in the Jewish year of 3760 was the Day of Atonement. As you know, the Day of Atonement is the one day of the year the High Priest goes into the Temple to light incense, in atonement for his sins and sins of the Jews.
The year 3760 was the year Zechariah was chosen by lot to go into the Holy of Holies. There he was visited by the angel Gabriel and told his barren wife would have a child.
That day correlates to Oct 25 th Gregorian calendar. Six months from that time Gabriel visited Mary and headed to the hill country to visit Elizabeth. Count 9 months from 25 March and you have 25 Dec.
So in a sense you can say Christmas can be determined from Luke and Deuteronomy. 3760 + 2015=5775 which is the Jewish year we are in. So Christmas doesn’t have to be a coopted pagan festival.

4 Likes

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 25, 2016
cyrilamx:
If ever ur parents did traditional marriage, gave u traditional names, u a pagan too. If ever u worship on Sunday, use the gregorian calender, use d Bible...then u re a hypocrite. Christ never asked his disciples to write a book about him...it came out of necessities. D same Catholic Church u derive pleasure to condemning gave u the Bible, Sunday a d of worship, fixes Christmas n Easter celebration
Read the message again. Since you like condemning unnecessary
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by daveP(m): 6:39pm On Dec 25, 2016
Roman Catholics Church, may God have mercy on you chai.

grin
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by Mpanyi: 8:13pm On Dec 25, 2016
Obviously from a sick guy. You should be thanking catholic church for her sheer wisdom in propagating Christianity.
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by Mpanyi: 8:15pm On Dec 25, 2016
Obviously from a sick guy. You should be thanking catholic church for her sheer wisdom in propagating Christianity. Christianity history is about Catholicism. Believe it or not.
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by massive1019(m): 8:42pm On Dec 25, 2016
olayinka63:

Are saying that you have another answer to your question contrary to what was revealed in the Quran? The person Abraham wanted to kill was stated clearly in the Quran therefore I don't need your answer. Meanwhile Quran was not written by human being the way some parts of your book was written by Mankind.
lol.....God wrote quran himsef....better read quran history so dat ur eyes will open and c how d quran was compiled by mere human beings. Quran was lyk memory b4. Jst lyk angel jubril told muhammed..."recite". Guy seek 4 knwledge and knw more abt ur religion.
Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by jibrilaminum: 9:29pm On Dec 25, 2016
EdoNation:

Why involving muslims on this? Had you talk about Idil-Maulud, which is synonymous to christmas, it would be understandable. I strongly condemn Idil-Maulud even though some muslims, as christians like u, do celebrate baseless feast. With regards to the sallah you mentioned, its one of the approved feast recommended for muslims unlike christmas. Got it!

2 Likes

Re: Origin Of Christmas, Santa Claus, Christmas Presents, Christmas Tree by Bakrabas: 11:00pm On Dec 25, 2016
tellmemore15:

If this story is true then the early catholic church did a great christian job, converting all kind of demonic and pagan tradition to an holy day used to remember the King of Kings,
May God bless their soul.

The Holy days that are unscripural or that Jesus didn't observe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze On First Fruit: Giving Your January Salary To Pastor Is Foolishness / Daddy Freeze Reveals Paul Adefarasin Is Behind His Boycott From MC Jobs / My Take On The BBC Documentary On TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.