Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,289 members, 7,815,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration (6666 Views)

Shi’ites In Abuja Burn Flags Of US And Israel (Photo) / Fayose Wears Shorts To 2018 Workers' Day Celebration (pics) / Jewish Scientists In Anambra To Present DNA Result To Show Igbos Are From Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by hakimmiyya: 11:12am On Dec 25, 2016
Israel bans chrismas tree.Claims it is Idolatry. What an irony.
Christmas becomes idolatry in Jesus homeland.

Some days ago a Muslim critic called Oladeebgu ,who is known for his calumny on Islam posted a tread on this platform,with the aim of passing sarcasm and innuendos on islam.Simply because chrismas tree was erected in one of the hotels in Abu Dahbi a Muslim country.For this reason he and his likes were passing negative comments on Muslims and Islam for allowing that in Muslim country.
But funny enough, look at what is happening in Jesus birth place.They regard chrismas tree as abomination.These are people the same Christian slow poke in Nigeria will always support for their nefarious activities,out of unjustified hatred and religious sentiments.The Israelis can not even tolerate the Chrismas ttee, let alone allowing them to practice their religion.What an irony.
Is it not obvious that the Muslims are more tolerant than the so called isrealis and their gullible Christian supporters?
Go to Muslims land and you will see chrismas tree everywhere,even in war-torn country like Syria etc.
Olaadegbu you have been put to shame, you and your likes. You are nothing but the Ignorant that I call you.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 25, 2016
what is the link and how?
Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by Edwinmason(m): 11:28am On Dec 25, 2016
no source op.,..idonbiliveit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by maxti: 11:34am On Dec 25, 2016
I don't see any argument about it. Christmas was never a a Christian celebration.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by wallbuilder(m): 11:55am On Dec 25, 2016
Alot ofbwhat is done in the nane of Chritmas is not chritian.bIsreal is not a christian nation by the way.

2 Likes

Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by chydon24: 12:21pm On Dec 25, 2016
Who is this serious idiot making up this as a topic? What has Xmas tree has to do with Christian worship & Xmas celebration? Did we tell u that we are worshipping Xmas tree for Xmas? Man grow up. We are celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ the saviour of mankind. Keep on believing in ur Mohammed but I bet u, if u don't know Jesus & do not accept him as ur lord & personal saviour, u are already with a first class ticket to hell. JESUS is the only way.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:33pm On Dec 25, 2016
chydon24:
Who is this serious idiot making up this as a topic? What has Xmas tree has to do with Christian worship & Xmas celebration? Did we tell u that we are worshipping Xmas tree for Xmas? Man grow up. We are celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ the saviour of mankind. Keep on believing in ur Mohammed but I bet u, if u don't know Jesus & do not accept him as ur lord & personal saviour, u are already with a first class ticket to hell. JESUS is the only way.

What did Jesus say about hypocrisy?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by kasheemawo(m): 12:43pm On Dec 25, 2016
chydon24:
hmmmmm what about this attachment

Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by Nbote(m): 12:50pm On Dec 25, 2016
OP I'll have said u don't have a brain but dat would actually b a compliment. First and foremost ur report and story is very wrong and false. Jewish Rabbis in isreal are the ones calling for a ban on Xmas celebrations. Isreal has not at any time and will not ban Christmas. Most of d countries where Xmas has been banned are either fundamental Islamic states or non religious countries where not jus Xmas but any religious festivities have been banned. Get a life and stop spreading falsehood.

4 Likes

Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by EdCure: 12:54pm On Dec 25, 2016
This is a big lie. Take it from someone who read and watched Benjamin netanyahu's Christmas message yesterday.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/12/23/israeli-prime-minister-netanyahu-has-christmas-message-christians

6 Likes

Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by amachuk(m): 1:25pm On Dec 25, 2016
chydon24:
Nwokem shut up!!, you can't even read with understanding. you are here shouting your head off with Jesus from an irreparable slump(Africa) when the people of isreal from ages never new who he was and they are making big progress, anything you do that doesn't progress you practically is utter rubbish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by Fidelismaria: 1:31pm On Dec 25, 2016
What is dis one saying

1 Like

Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by schoolhelpng(m): 3:15pm On Dec 25, 2016
Akeemu, Hakeem, Terrorist,..
Stupid topic,
unverified story,
bias writer...
what's next?

ban?/today is Xmas I know they will not ban me for condemning what is condemnable...

1 Like

Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 25, 2016
This is a big fat lie. They are celebrating their local tradition and Christmas today as it coincides
Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by WATCHOVER(m): 3:37pm On Dec 25, 2016
Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by Stalwert: 3:59pm On Dec 25, 2016
Look at the sheeples defending Israel that labels aspects of Christmas pagan. poor fellas.
Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by Stalwert: 4:12pm On Dec 25, 2016
Here is the news

Nazareth - As tens of thousands of Christian pilgrims converge on the Holy Land this week to celebrate the birth of Jesus, senior Israeli rabbis have announced a war on the Christmas tree.

In Jerusalem, the rabbinate has issued a letter warning dozens of hotels in the city that it is "forbidden" by Jewish religious law to erect a tree or stage new year's parties

Many hotel owners have taken the warning to heart, fearful that the rabbis may carry out previous threats to damage their businesses by denying them certificates declaring their premises to be "kosher".

In the coastal city of Haifa, in northern Israel, the rabbi of Israel's premier technology university has taken a similarly strict line. Elad Dokow, the Technion's rabbi, ordered that Jewish students boycott their students' union, after it installed for the first time a modest Christmas tree.

He called the tree "idolatry", warning that it was a "pagan" symbol that violated the kosher status of the building, including its food hall.

READ MORE: Gaza's Christians - 'Israel can't beat us down'

About a fifth of the Technion's students belong to Israel's large Palestinian minority.

While most of Israel's Palestinian citizens are Muslim, there are some 130,000 Christians, most of them living in Galilee. More Palestinian Christians live under occupation in East Jerusalem, which Israel has annexed in violation of international law.

"This is not about freedom of worship," Dokow told the Technion's students. "This is the world's only Jewish state. And it has a role to be a 'light unto the nations' and not to uncritically embrace every idea."

Rabea Mahajni, a 24-year-old electrical engineering student, said that placing the tree in the union was backed by Palestinian students but had strongly divided opinion among Jewish students and staff. The majority, he said, were against the decision.

"One professor upset [Palestinian] students by taking to Facebook to say that the tree made him uncomfortable, and that those who wanted it should either put one up in their own home or go to Europe," he told Al Jazeera.

Tensions with Israel overshadow Christmas in Palestine
Mahajni added: "This is not really about a Christmas tree. It is about who the tree represents. It is a test of whether Jewish society is willing to accept an Arab minority and our symbols."

He pointed out that Palestinian students had not objected to the students' union also marking Hanukkah, referring to the Jewish winter "festival of lights" that this year coincides with Christmas.

For most of Israel's history, the festive fir tree was rarely seen outside a handful of communities in Israel with significant Christian populations. But in recent years, the appeal of Christmas celebrations has spread among secular Israeli Jews.

Interest took off two decades ago, after one million Russian-speaking Jews immigrated following the fall of the Soviet Union, said David Bogomolny, a spokesman for Hiddush, which lobbies for religious freedom in Israel.

Many, he told Al Jazeera, had little connection to Jewish religious practice in their countries of origin, and had adopted local customs instead.

"The tree [in the former Soviet Union] was very popular but it had nothing to do with Christmas," he said. "Each home had one as a way to welcome in the new year."

Nazareth, which claims to host the tallest Christmas tree in the Middle East, has recently become a magnet for many domestic tourists, including Jews, Christians and Muslims. They come to visit the Christmas market, hear carols and buy a Santa hat.

Haifa and Jaffa, two largely Jewish cities with significant Palestinian Christian populations, have recently started competing. Jaffa, next to Tel Aviv, staged its first Christmas market last year.

READ MORE: Violence hurts Bethlehem's Christmas tourism business

Meanwhile, hotels are keen to erect a tree in their lobbies as a way to boost tourism revenue from Christian pilgrims, who comprise the bulk of overseas visit

Israel uses Christians like diapers and labels them paganistic grin grin

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2016/12/israeli-rabbis-launch-war-christmas-tree-161223074207821.html

5 Likes

Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by Nkemtreasure: 4:12pm On Dec 25, 2016
Lie, lies and more lies. I think I will blame the APC lead federal government since its starting from the head. The rate at which some Nairalanders are lying now eh is making me feel that the spirit of lies has relocated to Nigeria grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by Stalwert: 4:18pm On Dec 25, 2016
Nkemtreasure:
Lie, lies and more lies. I think I will blame the APC lead federal government since its starting from the head. The rate at which some Nairalanders are lying now eh is making me feel that the spirit of lies has relocated to Nigeria grin cheesy grin cheesy

See victim. ... he doesn't know how loathed his faith is to the jews who see it nothing more than glorified paganism grin grin They only know how to defend the Israelis blindly not with wisdom to judge their behavior first and see it from the point of good and bad... I blame many pastors for not educating their sheeples properly.

2 Likes

Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by frank4t(m): 4:31pm On Dec 25, 2016
some folks are just ignorant. Christmas tree has nothing to do with the birth of jesus. so if isreal ban Christmas tree as u said then they are only being pragmatic
Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by laribari(m): 7:00pm On Dec 25, 2016
maxti:
I don't see any argument about it. Christmas was never a a Christian celebration.

You are a liar sir!

Please provide biblical evidence. Chapter what? Verse what?

Christmas came from christ-mass which is celebration of christ because mass means to celebrate in a service.

If you say 25th dec was not when Jesus was born I I'll agree with you but saying christmas is not a Christian celebration is blasphemy.

May I inform you that the angels were the first to ever sing christmas carol because the bible told us that as the shepherd arrived the manger, the heavens opened and multitude of angels started to sing unto the birth of the new born king.

Luke 2:13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying: 14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.,

So with this great news of eternal peace and goodwill, why should the church who is the body of christ not celebrate Him?

It is in the history and culture of mankind to always pick a day to mark of any celebration, such as birthday, Hiv/aid day among other and as crazy as it gets, we have horn-free day too. So what I wrong picking a date to mark off christmas? We celebrate Him everyday but to mark off an event where you make merry and all that, you have to pick a date.

Even that stiff neck county called Israel, till date they have days to mark off ancient events such as feast of tabernacle etc.

You can't separate Christmas from the church and Jesus is the real father Christmas and not that stupid blasphemous antichrist who appears and disappears calling himself Santa Claus abi Satan claus.

To say you are father Christmas, it means you are God over that event but those who knows the truth understands the concept of the father christmas and its to remove Jesus from the celebration.

Now unbelievers can celebrate it and look forward to meet Santa rather than going to church to meet Jesus. So the world try to circularize christmas. No its called xmas instead of christmas. X means a cancellation of the mass. Means no more celebration of Christ. So I rather call I christmas than xmas even though it's longer to write. Kids of today don't even see Jesus as the symbol of christmas, why we are the reason for the season because He came to die for us, instead kids watch out and die to visit the human father Christmas and christians parents make this same mistake too.

A lot of people don't even understand this and they follow what the confused ones are saying.

2 Likes

Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by parisbookaddict(f): 7:38pm On Dec 25, 2016
hakimmiyya:

Some days ago a Muslim critic called Oladeebgu ,who is known for his calumny on Islam posted a tread on this platform,with the aim of passing sarcasm and innuendos on islam.Simply because chrismas tree was erected in one of the hotels in Abu Dahbi a Muslim country.For this reason he and his likes were passing negative comments on Muslims and Islam for allowing that in Muslim country.
But funny enough, look at what is happening in Jesus birth place.They regard chrismas tree as abomination.These are people the same Christian slow poke in Nigeria will always support for their nefarious activities,out of unjustified hatred and religious sentiments.The Israelis can not even tolerate the Chrismas ttee, let alone allowing them to practice their religion.What an irony.
Is it not obvious that the Muslims are more tolerant than the so called isrealis and their gullible Christian supporters?
Go to Muslims land and you will see chrismas tree everywhere,even in war-torn country like Syria etc.
Olaadegbu you have been put to shame, you and your likes. You are nothing but the Ignorant that I call you.

fake news. Israel is not Saudi arabia

4 Likes

Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by nwamehn: 8:51pm On Dec 25, 2016
[quote author=laribari post=52251683]

Not to oppose or support the idea of celebrating christmas but to tell u that christmas celebration isn't biblical. Get ur facts right.
1. Jesus never commanded us to remember his birth, he only did for his death.
2. The early christians never celebrated christmas.
3. Christmas is never written anywhere in the Bible
4. Christmas is just a practice that christians borrowed from elsewhere and not the Bible.
Pls, don't bring Bible to support christmas because it is nowhere in the Bible. Doing that amounts to heresy.
However, any person is free to celebrate anything he wants but don't refer to christmas as Biblical.

1 Like

Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by slivertongue: 9:00pm On Dec 25, 2016
i dont seem to understand the mission of this thread
Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by hakimmiyya: 9:01pm On Dec 25, 2016
parisbookaddict:

fake news. Israel is not Saudi arabia

And your fellow Christian reported the news. You will always be Slaves to the jew all your life. Ignorant fellows everywhere .
Majority of you Christians in this country lack sound judgment.That is why you are not ashamed of spewing rubbish on the internet.
I wonder what Saudi Arabia got to do with the tread. Even in the Arab world they allow Chrismas tree.But your so called Slave master persecute you Christians.Yet you don't see anything wrong in that.
Is it not obvious that you are back stabbers to Jesus Christ himself.Christmas tree is regarded as idolatry act by your slave masters.

No wonder Christ said in the bible:

Of all the scripture that comes to mind, perhaps the saddest and most fearful of all is the very words of Jesus Himself found in Matthew 7 and verse 21 – 23. Here, Jesus tells us that at the second coming, there will be some people who will fully expect to ascend to heaven with Him in the clouds of glory, but He will have to tell them; “….depart from Me, I never knew you.” Can you imagine those words falling from Jesus lips? “depart from Me, I never knew you!”

Make no mistake about it; there will be people on the Day of Judgment that are going to be expecting to go to heaven, yet instead of inheriting the Kingdom,they are going to hear those saddening words of Christ; “Depart from Me, I never knew you.” There will be deacons, deaconesses, Sabbath school teachers, Elders, Pastors, TV evangelists, miracle workers along with countless others (ie. all church people!) that will be turned away–and all because they lacked one very necessary qualification; they didn’t truly know the Lord and so He will be forced to say to them, “…depart from Me, for I never knew you.”

The people Jesus will say He “never knew” will be those who never felt the need to truly “know Him” yet these are people who “think” they are going to heaven!

Jesus is not an idolator like majority of the so called Christians of today.

1 Like

Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by Mightymanna(m): 9:32pm On Dec 25, 2016
i like the way israel is dealing with the christians zombies,they will forever remain slaves to the jews.most of the zombies believe that jews are superior people and israel is a christian country
Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by mu2sa2: 9:41pm On Dec 25, 2016
Xmas or no Xmas, christians and Muslims in Isreal are in the same boat - to Jews they are second class people. The Jews kill both Muslim and Christian Palestinians, with the same barbarity. I once saw a young Jewish man on tv shouting "we ( jews) killed jesus and we are proud of it" - you dont need any other evidence to show how deep rooted the hatred of Christianity is among Jews.Yet, some folks down here regard them as chosen people.
Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by FisifunKododada: 10:00pm On Dec 25, 2016
grin
Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by maxti: 10:31pm On Dec 25, 2016
laribari:

You are a liar sir!

Please provide biblical evidence. Chapter what? Verse what?

Christmas came from christ-mass which is celebration of christ because mass means to celebrate in a service.

If you say 25th dec was not when Jesus was born I I'll agree with you[color=#000099][/color] but saying christmas is not a Christian celebration is blasphemy.

May I inform you that the angels were the first to ever sing christmas carol because the bible told us that as the shepherd arrived the manger, the heavens opened and multitude of angels started to sing unto the birth of the new born king.

Luke 2:13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying: 14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.,

So with this great news of eternal peace and goodwill, why should the church who is the body of christ not celebrate Him?

It is in the history and culture of mankind to always pick a day to mark of any celebration, such as birthday, Hiv/aid day among other and as crazy as it gets, we have horn-free day too. So what I wrong picking a date to mark off christmas? We celebrate Him everyday but to mark off an event where you make merry and all that, you have to pick a date.

Even that stiff neck county called Israel, till date they have days to mark off ancient events such as feast of tabernacle etc.

You can't separate Christmas from the church and Jesus is the real father Christmas and not that stupid blasphemous antichrist who appears and disappears calling himself Santa Claus abi Satan claus.

To say you are father Christmas, it means you are God over that event but those who knows the truth understands the concept of the father christmas and its to remove Jesus from the celebration.

Now unbelievers can celebrate it and look forward to meet Santa rather than going to church to meet Jesus. So the world try to circularize christmas. No its called xmas instead of christmas. X means a cancellation of the mass. Means no more celebration of Christ. So I rather call I christmas than xmas even though it's longer to write. Kids of today don't even see Jesus as the symbol of christmas, why we are the reason for the season because He came to die for us, instead kids watch out and die to visit the human father Christmas and christians parents make this same mistake too.

A lot of people don't even understand this and they follow what the confused ones are saying.

First, Thanks for calling me a Liar. The Bolded vindicates me.
I never mentioned I doubted the birth of Jesus.

Sincerely, I stopped at the Bolded. No point reading Further.
With your approach, I wonder how you preach the Gospel of christ.
Best of Luck.

1 Like

Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by AlPeter: 11:07pm On Dec 25, 2016
Mightymanna:
i like the way israel is dealing with the christians zombies,they will forever remain slaves to the jews.most of the zombies believe that jews are superior people and israel is a christian country
like you re slaves to the Arabs. Infact you re the only slaves here, you copy the Arabs religion mode of dressing, mode of praying, copy their Language, etc

2 Likes

Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by melodyogonna(m): 11:30pm On Dec 25, 2016
hakimmiyya:

christmas tree not christmas, op why u dey confuse yourself nah??
Re: Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration by laribari(m): 11:43pm On Dec 25, 2016
maxti:

First, Thanks for calling me a Liar. The Bolded vindicates me.
I never mentioned I doubted the birth of Jesus.

Sincerely, I stopped at the Bolded. No point reading Further.
With your approach, I wonder how you preach the Gospel of christ.
Best of Luck.

Well how I preach it has been working. however, sorry if you took it badly but just that you were totally far far from the truth and I just said it the way it is in a humble manner grin smiley. Anyways, no harm meant.

Merry Christmas sir!

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKINGS: President Buhari To Face Impeachment Over Troops To Gambia / Another Nigerian Appointed World Bank VP - Pics / Kankara: FG Will Continue To Work Hard At Protecting Nigerians - Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.