Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) (41836 Views)

Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos) / Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State / Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by DavidEsq(m): 12:58pm On Dec 25, 2016
2shur:
hail Mary piece of shiiit
are Catholics true worshippers
abegi.
idolatory worshippers
a cult where they denounce christ jesus.
the use of holy bible is forbidden.
theyd rather recite already crammed useless demonic prayers
rather than pray in jesus name..they pray with the rosary
its a taboo to pray to jesus christ
all glory and honor to mary.
they believe in mary and not jesus.
they reverend father drinks beer and smoke cigarette immediately after giving a sermon.
they do bad things in secret

the list is non ending.
Do they have an iota of neighbourliness and love? yes. That's the greatest fruit of the spirit and dats the msg of Jesus Christ.

3 Likes

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 1:01pm On Dec 25, 2016
bebe2:
Am really struggling with this religion thing.

I need an epiphany, if I don't see concrete proof of the positive effect of religion in my life and that of pple around me, am going to stop quit altogether.

It just doesn't make sense, we are praying, praising, worshipping, yet we are hungry, sick, oppressed, rejected but our fairer skin

counterparts have rejected religion and would rather spend their Sundays, New Year's Eve etc at parties, clubs or in their houses yet they are healthier, richer , happier , more accepted.

What are we doing wrong??

It just don't make sense lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Merry xmass
people like u become more dedicated when they finally find concrete effects of religion. Augustine "st Agustine " found it hard to accept any relgion during his time because he cold not find the season why evil should exist while there is a God who is good and loves his creation. After so many questions about religion, he found a reason to practice Christianity after having participated in so many other religions and even Christianity too.
What made him to settle for Christianity might be different from what Will make u settle for any religion u may finally settle for if u ever do.

1 Like

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by ladyverere(f): 1:02pm On Dec 25, 2016
[quote author=bebe2 post=52242479] Am really struggling with this religion thing.

I need an epiphany, if I don't see concrete proof of the positive effect of religion in my life and that of pple around me, am going to stop quit altogether.

It just doesn't make sense, we are praying, praising, worshipping, yet we are hungry, sick, oppressed, rejected but our fairer skin

counterparts have rejected religion and would rather spend their Sundays, New Year's Eve etc at parties, clubs or in their houses yet they are healthier, richer , happier , more accepted.

Merry xmass[/quote

It's simple. We have been taught to sit back and wait for God to do everything for us. We have been taught to believe in miracle money, miracle health, miracle marriage, miracle everything without lifting a finger to work for these. Religion has been used to shackle us, to teach us laziness and follow follow, to teach us to stop thinking for ourselves. We are in this mess because we're lazy. Religion has become our opium, our escape route. It's become the prison we've created for ourselves dat is y we are still in misery.
Christianity is all about having a close relationship with God, and, when the fruits of the spirit manifest in you it will help you to understand the world better, it will help you to understand why God has given you a brain, hands and thinking capacity. It is not all about sitting idly and waiting for miracles.
Let me add that d whites who goes to the clubs and do whatever they want are not necessarily happier than us. Unchecked freedom and pleasure always leads to disaster and empty, unfulfilled lives. Choose wisely my friend. Seek with all ur heart with d right motive and U shall surely find.
There is nothing more than experiencing d peace of God dat passes all understanding even in material poverty.

3 Likes

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 25, 2016
bebe2:

Merry xmass
there are alot of things we're doing wrong;we're lazy, we have been blinded by religion(fufilling obligations, attending church meetings here and there, vigils, 7days this, 21 days that) but we have neglected the fact that Jesus did not come to give us religion, He came to give us a relationship with God, and for us to have an abundant life... Our white counterparts are not as lazy as we are and from history, you'll discover their fathers were men of faith(esp USA) who had laboured in prayer and deep study, We need to wake up from been lazy and start reading the bible for ourselves rather than leaving it for some ''big men of God'' that will twist it for their own gains.. GOD CHERISHES YOU AND HE WANTS YOU TO BE NORISHED... joshua 1:8, God gives wealth and adds no sorrow.... Merry christmas

2 Likes

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Duru009(m): 1:02pm On Dec 25, 2016
Am a proud member of the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Slimmos(m): 1:05pm On Dec 25, 2016
veekid:
Xtians and their way of celebrating lies in form of scam
Better than urs that love killing pple all in the name of 72virgins..Islamabad

1 Like

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by leye4u: 1:05pm On Dec 25, 2016
bebe2:

Bro, remember I said concrete proof, epiphany etc

But u still wanting me to use my imagination
Do believe African magic (juju)exist....Only grade 1 unexposed Ignoramus in Africa believe they don't,... this show there is another realm called the spiritual realm ,every human has a God given capacity to operate there at intervals,thats the realm where you meet Master Jesus,you can analyse him with you mind ...you would miss him.....how sad many miss Him everyday..you won't miss him
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by habbi080(m): 1:13pm On Dec 25, 2016
Haaaa, nawao. Seriously missionaries are really suffering... Heaven at last anyway..
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by nelshireglobe: 1:15pm On Dec 25, 2016
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by uzoexcel(m): 1:21pm On Dec 25, 2016
Lol...dnt lose faith

bebe2:

Merry xmass

2 Likes

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by bebe2(f): 1:22pm On Dec 25, 2016
leye4u:
Do believe African magic (juju)exist....Only grade 1 unexposed Ignoramus in Africa believe they don't,... this show there is another realm called the spiritual realm ,every human has a God given capacity to operate there at intervals,thats the realm where you meet Master Jesus,you can analyse him with you mind ...you would miss him.....how sad many miss Him everyday..you won't miss him

That's ur opinion and u are entitled to it,

Same can be said of ur faith.

No one knows , we all just meddling.
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by kelzgie: 1:23pm On Dec 25, 2016
lonelydora:
This is what I call true Christianity, and not those pastors who drive in a range rover while their members trek under the sun and they say they are preaching.

I love orthodox churches
Keep loving em' d fact remains..without holiness no man shal see God

2 Likes

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 25, 2016
I have come to respect religion very much not for a fake promise of the coming back of the Christmas son, but for the hope that the message gives the masses of the poor, who have nothing else but hope and faith.

1 Like

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 25, 2016
[quote author=bebe2 post=52242479] Am really struggling with this religion thing.

Merry xmass[Christmas/quote]

We are doing religion.

Jesus did not preach buildings, tithes, choirs, separation between altar and pulpit or all the other stuff that masquerades as religion. He simply created a group of people carrying a new source of life and told them to lay down their old identities and take up a new ones. Don't be discouraged by religious noise. Sincerely ask God to guide you to truth and earnestly desire to know him. The difference is inside the vessel. He will show you exactly what to do and connect you with other believers. It's a direct faith without intermediaries.

He will show up.

1 Like

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by uzoexcel(m): 1:25pm On Dec 25, 2016
Yeah..there r lots of things to admire in the catholic church

wunmi590:
That's one of the spirit of being a true catholic.

It shows that, is not untill you have a big church or a small roof under you before you can worship.

Most of the times I always envy these priests, is not an easy thing allowing your child to become a catholic priest.

Ever since I became a catholic, I have never regretted it.

I want to also use this medium to say a very big thank you to Rev. Fr. Samuel Umiem Edem of St. Jerome's parish (Nung ikono Ufok) akwa ibom, for your support, care both financially, and morally during my days then in akwa ibom as a Corper.

#ForeverWillIBeACatholic
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by chalerea(m): 1:29pm On Dec 25, 2016
Abajosax007:
there are alot of things we're doing wrong;we're lazy, we have been blinded by religion(fufilling obligations, attending church meetings here and there, vigils, 7days this, 21 days that) but we have neglected the fact that Jesus did not come to give us religion, He came to give us a relationship with God, and for us to have an abundant life... Our white counterparts are not as lazy as we are and from history, you'll discover their fathers were men of faith(esp USA) who had laboured in prayer and deep study, We need to wake up from been lazy and start reading the bible for ourselves rather than leaving it for some ''big men of God'' that will twist it for their own gains.. GOD CHERISHES YOU AND HE WANTS YOU TO BE NORISHED... joshua 1:8, God gives wealth and adds no sorrow.... Merry christmas

Religion is strictly a spiritual and moral standard for personal consciousness and sub conscious governance in fulfilling principles of without a God there will be no Man. Success, good health, wealth and peace a strictly governed by the law of seed, time and chance. Christianity is not a magic but a way of life.
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by bestspoke: 1:31pm On Dec 25, 2016
nwaanambra1:

father i can see say that place na northern village so no need building them a church cause even if we contribute money and build a church for them, the fulani terrorist will attack and burn it down! angry

but as its open like this, the people can see them coming and have the opportunity to run for their dear lives!

so u can see there is no need for a church building - god is everywhere so says the catholic doctrine! grin

lol na tru sha...so this is more secured...under that hot sun
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by leye4u: 1:32pm On Dec 25, 2016
bebe2:

That's ur opinion and u are entitled to it,

Same can be said of ur faith.

No one knows , we all just meddling.
if you have never experienced the supernatural either positive or negative... I would not mind meeting you one on one,I can take you to places while you hold you camera where you would see it live...let's take an adventure

1 Like

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by eddybekp(m): 1:35pm On Dec 25, 2016
There's nothing extra-ordinary about this(conducting mass/sunday service in an open space without a roof).
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by humphy0000: 1:38pm On Dec 25, 2016
bebe2:

Merry xmass
it's as if God cursed Africa
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Codes151(m): 1:40pm On Dec 25, 2016
eezeribe:
Nice effort from the priest, but it doesn't change the fact that Religion Remains The opium of the Masses. The speed of 4G LTE is amazing
u area is good!!!
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by ArabMopol(m): 1:41pm On Dec 25, 2016
veekid:
Xtians and their way of celebrating lies in form of scam
abeg go carry ur bomb manual Quran shout Allah Akbar blow ur uncircumcised abunna into piece ur prophet has spare one for u with 75 virgins in aljanna

1 Like

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Enoxxy(f): 1:43pm On Dec 25, 2016
bebe2:

Merry xmass

Well, because religion doesn't change anything, just conforms people to a particular way of thinking nd behaving, with the hope that things will get better as they strive not to offend that Supreme being. And lots of people practise religion. What changes however, is a relationship with God. And I do not knw one person whose prayers nd praises are borne out of a cordial, intimate relationship with God that remains the same. God's word says the path of the just is like a shining light, keeps shining brighter nd brighter (Prv. 4:18). Lol. Lemme stop here before I write a sermon
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Elle277(f): 1:47pm On Dec 25, 2016
Nice one!!!
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by sagir1994(m): 1:48pm On Dec 25, 2016
I can see of them is properly dress for the day
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Sammypope4all(m): 1:49pm On Dec 25, 2016
2shur:
hail Mary piece of shiiit
are Catholics true worshippers
abegi.
idolatory worshippers
a cult where they denounce christ jesus.
the use of holy bible is forbidden.
theyd rather recite already crammed useless demonic prayers
rather than pray in jesus name..they pray with the rosary
its a taboo to pray to Jesus Christ

all glory and honor to mary.
they believe in mary and not jesus.
they reverend father drinks beer and smoke cigarette immediately after giving a sermon.
they do bad things in secret

the list is non ending.

Am gonna say it and I don't and regret sayin it on a day like this. You are a fool.

You're so blinded with your hate and bigotry that you align yourself with what you've obviously heard somewhere. My advice, just take a stroll of mockery to any Catholic Church nearby, listen attentively to the mass and text me if you ever will hear the prayers ended with "in the name of Mary" get your facts right and stop being an ignorant anus. Am sure you're one of the yahoo pastors butty lickers. Ode radarada

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by labykago: 1:51pm On Dec 25, 2016
Femco2016:
It shows truly that the catholic church is a universal church.... I saw this post on Facebook of one; George Barde.... Read what he wrote.

"As we rejoice and merry remember to thank God for all his blessings. But also these parishioners of mine in the village celebrating Christmas without even a shade not to talk of a Church roof over their heads. Here I baptized a lovely set of twins my first since ordination. Deo Gratias."

Dear fada, this couldnt have been ur christmas day mass celebration.
No white vestment for that village/parish nee? grin wink

1 Like

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Julivas(m): 1:51pm On Dec 25, 2016
bebe2:

Merry xmass

I really appreciate ur observation, that was what am telling someone this morning. Dear sister, we as a Christian, are called out of d world to carry our cross to follow our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Yes, those outside Christ may be enjoying all things, we have been told beforehand in the scriptures not to envy the sinners. I want to assure you that as followers of Christ Jesus, we shall have dominion.
Merry Christmas.

2 Likes

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 25, 2016
bebe2:

Merry xmass

Christianity was never meant to benefit you. It was a way to enslave blacks. Was God not in your ancestors before the white man arrived? God is not defined by religion, but by the essence of God alone. Wake up Naija.

1 Like

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by nsesam(m): 1:55pm On Dec 25, 2016
Pls how do I startup a new topic
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by wunmi590(m): 1:57pm On Dec 25, 2016
uzoexcel:
Yeah..there r lots of things to admire in the catholic church

Am telling you my brother.

Since I became catholic in 1998, have had a lot true catholic encounter, I love being catholic and I am always proud of it, during my tertiary education days (NFCS) and during my youth service (NACC), I make sure I give out my God given talent to work for the church.

#LongLiveTheCatholicChurch

1 Like

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by kingsleyjando(m): 2:07pm On Dec 25, 2016
bebe2:

Merry xmass
Hi dear : the justifies the means . Keep ya head up .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Share Your Best Hymns / Prophet T O Obadare Is Dead / Chris Oyakhilome: Black Is Evil, Africans Must Stop Saying They Are Blacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.