Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,646 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) (41835 Views)

Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos) / Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State / Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Themandator: 9:18am On Jan 03, 2017
blazer234:

Can you explain why Jesus Christ said "my kingdom is not of this world"?

When in doubt start from the beginning.....John 18:33-37.....,are you the King of the Jews and he said ....If I was my people would have prevented my arrest ...He did not come to establish HIMSELF as a king to the JEWS even though that was the fear of the high and mighty amongst the Jews....He did not come to dethrone them but they lived in perpetual and mortal fear of this fear.

So his kingdom and his kingship when he was in flesh was not of the world for no one person in flesh can be king over the world.....He came to make us King and Priest to reign over the earth .....Rev 5:10.......And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth......... ....that is why he is the KING of Kings ......we are the kings that will be reigning here on the earth on his behalf.

I hope I have made sense to you, now please explain how the world in John 3:16 became same as us the human being who are supposed to be the whosoever in that verse
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Themandator: 9:37am On Jan 03, 2017
HelloItsMe:

Lool. A Pentecostal can't claim Peter is the head of their church because you already know they are not even up to 20 years old. Plus, no such fallacy exists from my previous post - yes, those churches broke out of the Roman Catholic church but that didn't make the Catholic Church deviate from it's doctrine, and system. Everything is in order, and all the Catholic churches in the world are in sync. Compare it to the Anglican Church that now has factions around the world or the apostolic Church that even has Igbo and Yoruba factions. Division is in every other church, except the Catholic church.

And yes, I believe in Jesus Christ too. Being a Catholic wouldn't guarantee you heaven, but how you lead your life and follow the word of God. But please don't compare the Catholic church to any other church, and why didn't you just appreciate the picture without bringing stupid debate? Also, please don't reference Wikipedia for facts, your university should have taught you better.

Prove that Peter is the head of the Catholic Church.
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by nwamehn: 12:11pm On Jan 03, 2017
blazer234:

You are an ignorant dunce.

It is Roman because it's headquarters is in Rome. And anybody who must lead must lead from the headquarters. Even a fool should understand that.

Jesus! I don't even know how to explain to you. You commented like a demented dead brain. You are so obstinate. I think the best thing to do is to leave you to believe whatever you want to believe about the Catholic Church. It is your problem. Go on spreading confusion to as many as will listen to you, it is your wahala.

Whatever you think will take you to heaven, do it. Whatever I think will take me to heaven, I do it.

If you think condemning one church or the other, because you are God, is what will take you to heaven, continue. But I must tell you that you are living in deepsitted error and disgusting stupidity. You even lack simple knowledge and understanding that a simple primary school pupil should have.

Please don't change. At least, it will keep up your "idolatry narrative " about the Catholic Church. At least it will boost your ego, make you feel like you are right, and make you feel happy and fulfilled.

Like I said earlier, you are an ignorant dunce. It is clear you aren't speaking from the Holy Spirit, but from your blind human spirit.

Chai! Another fallacy! Catholic church is not Roman because its headquarters is in Rome. It's Roman Catholic Church because that is its official name. It originated from Rome and its official name is Roman Catholic church and not just because its headquarters is in Rome as u claim. Ar u even sure u ar a Catholic? Do u even have a Cathechism book? Mehn!! So many fallacies here and there, even concerning the catholic church u claim to defend. U don't know what a pope means, u said that Paul and Timothy were popes which is wrong, I corrected u, u don't even know the reason for the name of the Roman Catholic church and I've also corrected u on that, and so many. I'm not sure u ar even a Catholic, but if u ar, then I suggest u try to go back to ur Cathechism, abeg.
2. U couldn't even present any points to defend the fallacies u have been writing which I corrected one after the other, the only thing u did was to resort to insults, is insult the only thing u can do? Can't u provide facts to back up ur claims without resorting to insults?
3. That was the first time I quoted u and all u can do is insults. I have observed ur arguments here and saw a lot of fallacies in ur posts and corrected them with facts, but what do u do? Instead of defending ur so-called fallacies with facts, biblical or historical evidences, u chose only to insult. Lol.
4. What do u mean 'idolatry narrative' and condemning other churches here? I hope u know who u responded to because I never said anything to u about idolatry or condemned any church whether Roman Catholic or Anglican in my post?
Boy, I don't want to believe u ar ignorant, so why don't u find biblical or historical evidences to present ur claims and not rain insults up and down to both ur elders and ur juniors?
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by blazer234: 12:12pm On Jan 03, 2017
Themandator:

When in doubt start from the beginning.....John 18:33-37.....,are you the King of the Jews and he said ....If I was my people would have prevented my arrest ...He did not come to establish HIMSELF as a king to the JEWS even though that was the fear of the high and mighty amongst the Jews....He did not come to dethrone them but they lived in perpetual and mortal fear of this fear.

So his kingdom and his kingship when he was in flesh was not of the world for no one person in flesh can be king over the world.....He came to make us King and Priest to reign over the earth .....Rev 5:10.......And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth......... ....that is why he is the KING of Kings ......we are the kings that will be reigning here on the earth on his behalf.

I hope I have made sense to you, now please explain how the world in John 3:16 became same as us the human being who are supposed to be the whosoever in that verse

Look around you and ask yourself if this is the kind of world God has come to make you king over
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by blazer234: 12:19pm On Jan 03, 2017
nwamehn:

Chai! Another fallacy! Catholic church is not Roman because its headquarters is in Rome. It's Roman Catholic Church because that is its official name. It originated from Rome and its official name is Roman Catholic church and not just because its headquarters is in Rome as u claim. Ar u even sure u ar a Catholic? Do u even have a Cathechism book? Mehn!! So many fallacies here and there, even concerning the catholic church u claim to defend. Fallacy about what a pope means, fallacy about Paul and Timothy being popes and even fallacy about the name of the catholic church and so many. I suggest u try to go back to ur Cathechism, abeg.
2. U couldn't even present any points to defend the fallacies u have been writing which I corrected one after the other, the only thing u did was to resort to insults, is insult the only thing u can do? Can't u provide facts to back up ur claims without resorting to insults?
3. That was the first time I quoted u and all u can do is insults. I have observed ur arguments here and saw a lot of fallacies in ur posts and corrected them with facts, but what do u do? Instead of defending ur so-called fallacies with facts, biblical or historical evidences, u chose only to insult. Lol.
4. What do u mean 'idolatry narrative'? I hope u know who u responded to because I never said anything to u about idolatry in my post?
Boy, I don't want to believe u ar ignorant, so why don't u find biblical or historical evidences to present ur claims and not rain insults up and down to both ur elders and ur juniors?

I didn't read what you wrote. I know it can only be another baggage of nonsense out of disgusting and stupid ignorance.

Believe anything about the Catholic Church if it makes you feel happy . Do you see us as idol worshippers? Please don't change your belief.

Trying to enlighten you is synonymous to teaching a Perpetual mentally blind person on how to be wise.

If condemning Catholics is what will take you to heaven, then continue. It is your personal problem, not mine.
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by nwamehn: 12:32pm On Jan 03, 2017
blazer234:

I didn't read what you wrote. I know it can only be another baggage of nonsense out of disgusting and stupid ignorance.

Believe anything about the Catholic Church if it makes you feel happy . Do you see us as idol worshippers? Please don't change your belief.

Trying to enlighten you is synonymous to teaching a Perpetual mentally blind person on how to be wise.

If condemning Catholics is what will take you to heaven, then continue. It is your personal problem, not mine.

U see ur problem? Somebody that reads ur post and what u quoted might think u aren't alright but he wouldn't know u ar very ok. Who said Roman Catholics ar idol worshippers? Did u see it in my post? Have I ever said anything to u about idol worship here? I can see u don't have any facts, biblical or historical evidences to back up ur original claim that Peter was the first pope and that Jesus established the Roman Catholic Church. All u do is insults. Was that the only thing u learnt? How to spew fallacies and rain insults on people when they correct u?
Boy, first go back to Cathechism so that u will be grounded in catholicism so that u first stop spewing fallacies about ur own catholic. I can't believe that a Catholic doesn't even know what a pope means! Chai!!
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Themandator: 12:54pm On Jan 03, 2017
blazer234:

Look around you and ask yourself if this is the kind of world God has come to make you king over

You are yet to clarify your statement about the world being same as human beings in John 3:16 and as to your questions since we are not thought to shy away from the gospel of Christ as we believe them I am going to refer you to Heb 11:3 and marry it to Rev 5:10 ......Heb 11:3 talks about worlds and the book of revelation I quoted say we are to reign as Kings....and I have told you that there is no one king over the earth

It is worlds as we create them from our knowledge of HIS word.....every man is entitled to the world he has been able to create out of the word.....if your world is out of sync it is because your understanding is not where it ought to be. There are some who have gained mastery to the point that some issues of life that afflicts others are aliens in their world and when you meet them such issues if you have been afflicted before your meeting simply disappears without much effort on their part.

EXPLAIN YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF WORLD ACCORDING TO JOHN 3:16 ...I AM EAGER TO ADD TO MY KNOWLEDGE SOMETHING FROM YOU
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by blazer234: 3:33pm On Jan 03, 2017
nwamehn:

U see ur problem? Somebody that reads ur post and what u quoted might think u aren't alright but he wouldn't know u ar very ok. Who said Roman Catholics ar idol worshippers? Did u see it in my post? Have I ever said anything to u about idol worship here? I can see u don't have any facts, biblical or historical evidences to back up ur original claim that Peter was the first pope and that Jesus established the Roman Catholic Church. All u do is insults. Was that the only thing u learnt? How to spew fallacies and rain insults on people when they correct u?
Boy, first go back to Cathechism so that u will be grounded in catholicism so that u first stop spewing fallacies about ur own catholic. I can't believe that a Catholic doesn't even know what a pope means! Chai!!

I didn't read your nonsense.

Like I said earlier, kindly hold firmly to your belief that Catholics are idol worshippers and ritualists. I'm sure when you reach heaven, they will only ask you how many times you condemned Catholics, since your purpose on earth is to condemn others as if you are pure and holy yourself. Please, always allow your sensual and demonic and erroneous human spirit to continually direct you.
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by nwamehn: 4:10pm On Jan 03, 2017
blazer234:

I didn't read your nonsense.

Like I said earlier, kindly hold firmly to your belief that Catholics are idol worshippers and ritualists. I'm sure when you reach heaven, they will only ask you how many times you condemned Catholics, since your purpose on earth is to condemn others as if you are pure and holy yourself. Please, always allow your sensual and demonic and erroneous human spirit to continually direct you.

Boy, u ar gradually losing it. Ritualists? I can see the ground isn't level with u. Abeg, take it easy on urself before it becomes worse than this. Sorry for ur predicament.

1 Like

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Themandator: 6:16pm On Jan 03, 2017
blazer234:

First of all, the Catholic Church isn't owned by an individual. Those churches are owned by individuals. Seats are labeled after people in appreciation and to encourage others to contribute towards church development.

Do you know what knights do? They dedicate their lives to God's service. Looks like you are ignorant of that.

And you committed error when you say they don't ask for donations. They ask for it. There is an American branch of winners chapel where worshippers were asked to donate money using POS as they were stepping out of the church. Have you heard of Mike Murdoch before? He told people to see $1000 into his ministry and expect miracles from God.

By saying immoralities also occur in the Catholic Church, are you not saying Catholic Church is the same as Pentecostal church ? If that is the case, do you think anybody from Pentecostal church has the moral justification to judge the Catholic Church?

There is no church that is owned by an individual. God only uses persons to establish his church. ....that is what is referred to in th scripture as calling which is different from gift.....you are called into ministry. ....seats are labeling: only lack of spiritual understanding will cause a resort to such tactics to get things done in the house of God and it ultimately breeds class within the church.

Winners American branch: go get the details and I can assure you that what has been done is worldwide.... electronic means is available as a platform for redeeming any covenant obligation.....it is never a donation as we know it where this person stands up and announce he is giving so and so amount for this or going to provide this and that ....I do use online platforms ,sometime to pay my tithes to my church.....Winners Chapel will dismiss any Pastor that tries donation nonsense in any of the branch.....they only announce so and so project and as is willing let him give.....Launchung is forbidden because God launched th church the very day he called it into being.

Your story of knights and their dedication to Gods service needs more light. Is there any special that God requires other than the biblical services of using our lives to show forth his glory? ....I suggest you read the history of knighthood.

Nobody is or has passed judgement on the Catholic Church ...what I have read so far is a discussion about your practices and belief which I must admit you don't done great disservice in defending through your lack of tact and outright disrespect. Not one of the discussant have resorted to insult as you have done. If you are tired of the discussion which is faceless your best bet is to call it a day and everybody moves on.

Some here has been discussing the origin of the Catholic Church and doing very well with facts but you have more often played to the gallery with abusive tackles. If you don't have all th facts , get a Catholic who do to join the discussion on your side or forget it ..

Insult is a proof of lack of empirical evidence to support your belief.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Share Your Best Hymns / Prophet T O Obadare Is Dead / Chris Oyakhilome: Black Is Evil, Africans Must Stop Saying They Are Blacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.