Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) (41838 Views)

Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos) / Father Simeon Kuro Slumps And Dies During Mass In Rivers State / Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 25, 2016
bebe2:
Am really struggling with this religion thing.

I need an epiphany, if I don't see concrete proof of the positive effect of religion in my life and that of pple around me, am going to stop quit altogether.

It just doesn't make sense, we are praying, praising, worshipping, yet we are hungry, sick, oppressed, rejected but our fairer skin

counterparts have rejected religion and would rather spend their Sundays, New Year's Eve etc at parties, clubs or in their houses yet they are healthier, richer , happier , more accepted.

What are we doing wrong??

It just don't make sense lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Merry xmass

Sorry to jump into your rant but I had to because I was almost in the same boat as you until a week ago. Our so called fairer skin people you mentioned uphold the values of Christianity more than us, just that they do not practice what we practice and that is religion. Christ preached love, forgiveness and hard work.

In Africa we preach money, intolerance, jealousy and miracles. See the difference. Our fairer skinned brothers will give all they have to make a brother happy. In Africa we strive to bring our brothers down.

The preachers among our fairer skinned brothers will shun all manner of luxury, come to establish free schools, distribute free religious reading materials etc while our dark skin brothers will fleece even the poorest in their congregation to establish very expensive elite schools. The reading materials distributed by Nigerian preachers turn them into billionaires.

Abroad the big church feeds the outreaches and foreign missions while in Nigeria, the smaller struggling churches and outreaches have to remit a percentage of their takings to the headquarters monthly as some form of franchise arrangement. Religion is business in Nigeria.

Tell me why God will not turn his eyes away from such a nation. If it was you a mere mortal, would you not? Its just a matter of time before he even decides to take action and destroy it.....a murderous,corrupt, wicked, dark minded, materialistic, thieving, jealous breed of humans.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 25, 2016
bebe2:

I need an epiphany, if I don't see concrete proof of the positive effect of religion in my life and that of pple around me, am going to stop quit altogether.

It just doesn't make sense, we are praying, praising, worshipping, yet we are hungry, sick, oppressed, rejected but our fairer skin

counterparts have rejected religion and would rather spend their Sundays, New Year's Eve etc at parties, clubs or in their houses yet they are healthier, richer , happier , more accepted.

Merry xmass

You are struggling with religion but here you are commenting on issues of religion, why can't you just keep quiet and stuff your views in your heart

The same religion you are criticizing help the sick, the poor, the dying. Red cross, St Vincent, JDPC, missionaries and many more Christian organizations help the less privileged in our societies but who do atheists help? Rather you criticize religion and comment on things you don't understand, why don't you mind your business

Let the change in humanity start from you and stop criticizing

3 Likes

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by blazer234: 2:26pm On Dec 25, 2016
bebe2:

Merry xmass

I will tell you what is wrong ma:

Many pastors have misrepresented Christ and the gospel. The gospel of Christ is not about amassing wealth and Merry life, it is more about preparing for heaven. And do you know why? Earthly riches and merriment and short lived. However, heavenly riches are everlasting.

2 Likes

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Themandator: 2:38pm On Dec 25, 2016
lonelydora:
This is what I call true Christianity, and not those pastors who drive in a range rover while their members trek under the sun and they say they are preaching.

I love orthodox churches

It is not the Orthodox Church that you love but the teaching that leaves you and allows you to live as the lord of your life while accepting Christ as only the saviour.

2 Likes

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by NobleRomm(m): 2:39pm On Dec 25, 2016
spreading the good news every where..... i love beeing a Catholic
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Themandator: 2:40pm On Dec 25, 2016
blazer234:

I will tell you what is wrong ma:

Many pastors have misrepresented Christ and the gospel. The gospel of Christ is not about amassing wealth and Merry life, it is more about preparing for heaven. And do you know why? Earthly riches and merriment and short lived. However, heavenly riches are everlasting.

Please do you have a scriptural support for your assertion that the gospel is more about preparing for heaven.
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by ndcide(m): 2:42pm On Dec 25, 2016
bebe2:

Merry xmass

The question you should ask yourself is, Do you love God? Give yourself an honest answer

1 Like

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 25, 2016
bebe2:

Merry xmass

I LOVE IT WHEN A GIRL IS SMART AND INTELLIGENT.......FOREIGN RELIGION IS A MIND CONTROLING MACHINE THAT WAS EMBRACED BY AFRICANS WITHOUT THINKING TWICE.....BECOX IT WAS FORCED ON OUR EARLY PARENTS BY SLAVE MASTERS...... ONES WHO REJECTED IT WAS KILLED IN SECRET FOR OPPOSING A WHITE MANS RELIGION
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by blazer234: 2:42pm On Dec 25, 2016
Themandator:

Please do you have a scriptural support for your assertion that the gospel is more about preparing for heaven.
yes I do.

Jesus is pointing out something here.

John 18:36 Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place.”
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Hezbola: 2:47pm On Dec 25, 2016
May God help the catholic church.
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Themandator: 2:47pm On Dec 25, 2016
blazer234:
yes I do.

Oga na quote am
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by blazer234: 2:48pm On Dec 25, 2016
Themandator:

Oga na quote am

John 18:36 Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place.”
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by yedidiah(m): 2:49pm On Dec 25, 2016
bebe2:

Merry xmass
I like the fact that you asked what you are doing wrong. Probably if all those religious people that are suffering are asking this same question and genuinely seeking answers, then you would have seen that Jesus Christ is the best gift to humanity, and Faith in Him is the best decision one can make.

By the way, even if you choose to become an atheist today, it will not improve your lot. Also, religion, belief and Faith are personal. You don't generalise suffering or blessing.

1 Like

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by blazer234: 2:52pm On Dec 25, 2016
Themandator:

Oga na quote am

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit

Romans 17:14
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Themandator: 2:52pm On Dec 25, 2016
blazer234:

Oga explain.....because the world you are referring to was created by God in the beginning unless you are saying he abandoned it for Satan after his fall
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Debra911(f): 2:52pm On Dec 25, 2016
Men will surely counter your belief and the life you chose to live, especially black men. Over there is a rev.father who depicted true Christianity and some bimbos still hate. To me, what the rev.father depicted is not a new thing, it is part of what we profess & that can only be found in Catholic church. Go to any remote village around the world, u'll always find the Catholic church priest and missionary making sure the gospel get to the end of the world & also living a solitary life, in abject poverty, chastity and martyrdom for the love of Christ. Haterz can say whatever, because of so many saints who have sacrificed their life for the fate we profess and the sake of the love of Jesus Christ, nothing can break the Catholic church. I AM A PROUD ROMAN CATHOLIC

2 Likes

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by ndcide(m): 2:52pm On Dec 25, 2016
Themandator:

1 cor 15;19 And if our hope in Christ is only for this life, we are more to be pitied than anyone in the world.

john 14;1-3 In My Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am.
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Themandator: 2:54pm On Dec 25, 2016
blazer234:

God created the heaven and the earth and unles he abandoned it for Satan after his fall his word standeth sure for the heaven and the earth and alll there is are is
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Themandator: 2:57pm On Dec 25, 2016
ndcide:

1 cor 15;19 And if our hope in Christ is only for this life, we are more to be pitied than anyone in the world.

john 14;1-3 In My Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am.

The operating word there is ...only......in other words..,the earth also matters but is not alll there is to salvation
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by CioAngels(f): 2:57pm On Dec 25, 2016
Glory to God in Heaven..
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by ndcide(m): 3:01pm On Dec 25, 2016
Pidgin2:

You are struggling with religion but here you are commenting on issues of religion, why can't you just keep quiet and stuff your views in your heart

The same religion you are criticizing help the sick, the poor, the dying. Red cross, St Vincent, JDPC, missionaries and many more Christian organizations help the less privileged in our societies but who do atheists help? Rather you criticize religion and comment on things you don't understand, why don't you mind your business

Let the change in humanity start from you and stop criticizing

God Bless you. Please don't fall into the trap of using the word RELIGION. It is a trap. I may not be able to convince you, but if you love Jesus Christ, be conscious of it. It's an end time manipulative grouping. Man trying to find God is religion, God reaching out to man by sending Jesus is not religion. With time you'll understand why the world is forcing that grouping "Religion" It is a manipulation.

2 Likes

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Menzy86(m): 3:02pm On Dec 25, 2016
Sammypope4all:

Am gonna say it and I don't and regret sayin it on a day like this. You are a fool.

You're so blinded with your hate and bigotry that you align yourself with what you've obviously heard somewhere. My advice, just take a stroll of mockery to any Catholic Church nearby, listen attentively to the mass and text me if you ever will hear the prayers ended with "in the name of Mary" get your facts right and stop being an ignorant anus. Am sure you're one of the yahoo pastors butty lickers. Ode radarada
Honestly my friend u tried by dignifying him with a reply. When someone displays such outrageous ignorance in quantum within such little space, allowing him wallow becomes d best option for me. Any protestant that attends d mass NEVER listens to anything being said because of an already gravely prejudiced mind. If only they would google and simply read d words of d 'Creed' of d church alot of them would'nt continue this 'Catholics worship Mary' crap line. A professor I really used to respect absolutely made a fool of himself b4 me once and dissolved his rep b4 me with that single line. Truth is, what we don't understand, we often demonize!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by blazer234: 3:03pm On Dec 25, 2016
Themandator:

God created the heaven and the earth and unles he abandoned it for Satan after his fall his word standeth sure for the heaven and the earth and alll there is are is

I can't grasp what you wrote.

However, you can read Matthew 13:1-28 I'd you can spare the time. It shows the effect Jesus wants his words to have in the lives of Christians
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Themandator: 3:05pm On Dec 25, 2016
blazer234:

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit

Romans 17:14

How do you find righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit?
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by ndcide(m): 3:06pm On Dec 25, 2016
Themandator:

The operating word there is ...only......in other words..,the earth also matters but is not alll there is to salvation

You should Know that the devil is working extra hard to turn the attention of men more to the world than to heaven

1 Like

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by blazer234: 3:08pm On Dec 25, 2016
Themandator:

Oga explain.....because the world you are referring to was created by God in the beginning unless you are saying he abandoned it for Satan after his fall

So, what are you driving at? Check 1John 2:15.

The focus of true Christian is not earthly wealth. It is Heavenly glory
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Menzy86(m): 3:09pm On Dec 25, 2016
1stCitizen:

Sorry to jump into your rant but I had to because I was almost in the same boat as you until a week ago. Our so called fairer skin people you mentioned uphold the values of Christianity more than us, just that they do not practice what we practice and that is religion. Christ preached love, forgiveness and hard work.

In Africa we preach money, intolerance, jealousy and miracles. See the difference. Our fairer skinned brothers will give all they have to make a brother happy. In Africa we strive to bring our brothers down.

The preachers among our fairer skinned brothers will shun all manner of luxury, come to establish free schools, distribute free religious reading materials etc while our dark skin brothers will fleece even the poorest in their congregation to establish very expensive elite schools. The reading materials distributed by Nigerian preachers turn them into billionaires.

Abroad the big church feeds the outreaches and foreign missions while in Nigeria, the smaller struggling churches and outreaches have to remit a percentage of their takings to the headquarters monthly as some form of franchise arrangement. Religion is business in Nigeria.

Tell me why God will not turn his eyes away from such a nation. If it was you a mere mortal, would you not? Its just a matter of time before he even decides to take action and destroy it.....a murderous,corrupt, wicked, dark minded, materialistic, thieving, jealous breed of humans.
Jesus u perfectly expressed what has been trapped in my mind for a while now. Ur enlightenment is great and I admire ur mind. God bless you!

1 Like

Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by blazer234: 3:09pm On Dec 25, 2016
Themandator:

How do you find righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit?

I don't know how that relates to the original issue we were talking about before. Maybe there is link that I haven't seen. Kindly tell me.
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Themandator: 3:09pm On Dec 25, 2016
blazer234:

I can't grasp what you wrote.

However, you can read Matthew 13:1-28 I'd you can spare the time. It shows the effect Jesus wants his words to have in the lives of Christians

You quoted John 18:16 to show that the world doesn't matter and it is not part of the reason for salvation. ...but the word says that God so loved the world that he gave....and I ask is it that Jesus abandoned the world after Satan was driven down
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Themandator: 3:11pm On Dec 25, 2016
blazer234:

I don't know how that relates to the original issue we were talking about before. Maybe there is link that I haven't seen. Kindly tell me.

You quoted a bible verse that encapsulated all I stated...life it doesn't relate you wouldn't quote it
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Themandator: 3:14pm On Dec 25, 2016
blazer234:

So, what are you driving at? Check 1John 2:15.

The focus of true Christian is not earthly wealth. It is Heavenly glory

In other words any bible verse that discusses wealth is from false Christianity. .Like revelation that says that he died so we can reign here on the earth as king and priest is false Christianity.
Re: A Catholic Priest Holds Mass In An Open Church (Photos) by Themandator: 3:18pm On Dec 25, 2016
ndcide:

You should Know that the devil is working extra hard to turn the attention of men more to the world than to heaven

If you can't connect the scripture to the world and the challenges of men living in it you are practicing religion. .....the first reason for the death of Christ is liberty...so Christ and is a celebration of giving....John 3:16 ........he did not give us Christ so we can suffer the more here in the earth but so we can have the liberty to reign here on the Earhart as king and priest...rev 5:12

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Share Your Best Hymns / Prophet T O Obadare Is Dead / Chris Oyakhilome: Black Is Evil, Africans Must Stop Saying They Are Blacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.