Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,216 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? (9231 Views)

Your Best Christmas Carol Moment Ever? / Stephanie Otobo Exposed By Yvonne Ogiamien, Her Childhood Friend / Share Your Best Christmas Selfie. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 25, 2016
Playing beach soccer with my late brother and twin sister.

Chai! See my bro cheating. Soccer would turn to rugby then volleyball, any sport as long as it results to him scoring. grin

Then he'd play magic with our meat, obviously eating it finish. The smiley faces we had until one realises......meat........gone.....finished. Only for him to give us more than enough candy. Come night time....presents from him and his many girlfriends cheesy

R.I.P you guys.....miss you both.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 25, 2016
Those masquerades in ogoja going round and collecting foods and soft drinks while scaring the bejesus out of us!. grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 25, 2016
Gsm Christmas I got my sagem men I was so happy na Econet dance I dance

that time if you wan pose you go write your number for your notebook pens and stencils so if dem theif am person to call lmao yimu

that time tree and presents full under am ...now the tree dey outside lmao

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by uchman80(m): 2:09pm On Dec 25, 2016
Special cloths, eating, baking, visiting friends, endless parties. Christmas carols...
Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by DrogoG(m): 2:12pm On Dec 25, 2016
Merry Xmas everyone!
Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by uchman80(m): 2:16pm On Dec 25, 2016
Lots to eat and drink, bakings, endless parties, visiting friends, Christmas carols...

Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by flowx(m): 2:17pm On Dec 25, 2016
Eating rice and chicken up and down in families house. Even distance family that till now I can't explain how we relate.
Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by fkdmods: 2:20pm On Dec 25, 2016
kurajordan:
When i would walk the whole street going from one house to another and when i get to anybody's house, the owners of the house would give me money, 10 naira or 20 naira,Then i would leave there to another house and they would still give me money. Then later in the evening when i get home, i would bring all the money i have gotten and sometimes it would be up to 1 or 2 thousand naira and i would be very happy. That's the real spirit of Christmas. Now Buhari has spoiled everything. I'm not sure people still give out money to children on Christmas day. Now to your neighbors house, all they would give you is food and drink no one would give you any money.

I've said it time and time again. Nigeria has turned into a beggar society. And here i was thinking Christmas was about family and spending time with them. Smh.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by shaydeenamz(m): 2:20pm On Dec 25, 2016
Christmas Is more sweet wen u are still a kid than wen are adult,gud memories

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by shaydeenamz(m): 2:21pm On Dec 25, 2016
Christmas Is more sweet wen u are still a kid than wen are adult,gud memoriesChristmas Is more sweet wen u are still a kid than wen are adult,gud memoriesChristmas Is more sweet wen u are still a kid than wen are adult,gud memories
Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by igho003(m): 2:23pm On Dec 25, 2016
the first time I got drunk I was 10 years old
buy some stick of ciga and lied to the seller that my uncle sent me with a small bottle of lion

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by CRAPHA96(m): 2:24pm On Dec 25, 2016

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by Fairgodwin(m): 2:24pm On Dec 25, 2016
Jsme:
Walking round town with my red color glasses and rainbow lighting canvas. I even wore kito sandals one time

You must have lived in my former neighborhood. cool
How are you doing?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by labbyk(m): 2:27pm On Dec 25, 2016
Blowing bangers and i can remember I used to buy toy guns

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by karleone(m): 2:29pm On Dec 25, 2016
Mine was the night to travelling to villa.. Believe me, those nights were the longest.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by Neimar: 2:32pm On Dec 25, 2016
having fantasies of Nicki Minaj

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by Drdonzeez(m): 2:33pm On Dec 25, 2016
I have many memories but the most comic of them is that It's only on Christmas day I visit both friends and enemies and eat to stupor..It always make me feel nostalgic when I remember this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 25, 2016
Wearing my "Christmas cloth" and visiting uncles and aunties... Less I forget, the pictures

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by Goldenheart(m): 2:42pm On Dec 25, 2016
Shortyy:
Blowing banger

Your head dey dere

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 25, 2016
The food.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by chiefojiji(m): 2:46pm On Dec 25, 2016
banger kissbanger
Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by Airoflaw(m): 3:08pm On Dec 25, 2016
in 2010. I over ate and starting vomiting all d food I have eaten for DAT Day cry
Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by curvilicious: 3:17pm On Dec 25, 2016
I have worst, worster, worsest
1 burnt my Christmas dress

2 burnt my Christmas suit

3 burnt again and again

That was how i stopped ironing my clothes
Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by curvilicious: 3:19pm On Dec 25, 2016
igho003:
the first time I got drunk I was 10 years old
buy some stick of ciga and lied to the seller that my uncle sent me with a small bottle of lion

Tufia
Bad pikin
Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by othman11(m): 3:21pm On Dec 25, 2016
I had my first sex, I bleeped her like mad
Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by rishg: 3:44pm On Dec 25, 2016
I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post.
gunship battle mod apk
busybox apk
diskdigger pro apk
hungry shark apk
towelroot apk
mobdro apk
game hacker apk
kingroot apk
kik messenger apk
greenify donation apk
Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by RaeMystix: 3:45pm On Dec 25, 2016
I do miss the cooking. Jollof rice and meat stew with chicken. Malta and Ninja soda. Just that holiday feel. Now na honey glazed ham and sugar cookies person dey bake. Christmas is just like every other day for me.
Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by OBALORLA(m): 3:56pm On Dec 25, 2016
As early as 6:30-7am, we'd begin the sojourn In search of partially blown bangers/knockout- e.g a 3 sound banger that only sounded twice the night before.
All the while, mum will be busy in the kitchen preparing green concoction which passed as our fried rice- a meal we ate only once in 365days.

We'd get back around 10am looking all white like stranded eskimos, Not forgeting to remind u of our severely broken lips- the amartan was usually severe then. *dunno what's happening lately.

We'd get back happily as we rocked the neighbourhood with our painstakingly sourced firecrackers- making the air heavy with the smell of the unfriendly white powder. Some actually get hurt in the process but who cares!

We take a detour from there to the backyard or in front of the densely populated building in "opeloyeru street"- a suburb in Lagos mainland, splashed ourselves with water from dented aluminium buckets as we enjoyed our bath.

Then came the most sluggish part of the day- a time when no one wants to be the first to dress up. Therefore, u see everyone adorned with myriads of 501 crested pants and computer socks, strolling round the compound like well paid caretakers, awaiting what others are going to wear before finally dressing up.

With the mind-games still ongoing, breakfast will be served while we step the chunk down with a bottle of orobo (nick for any 50cl drink esp. Pepsi) which had to be shared using age as the only criterion between myself and my siblings.

Shortly after breakfast, we'd start distributing food to every of the 22 households in the rickety-looking building while they return the gesture.

Eventually we'd put on our clothes; complementing perfectly with different colours of shades- if ur parents could afford the 'alinco glass' type, glory be to God cos that means class!

Around 1-2pm, we set to greeting f&f: I still doubt if any fulani nomad can beat me in trekking till this day.

We go, we eat and we come back! Yeah! With pockets filled with the lowest of currencies but in their abundance. To hell wit u and ur awolowo and azikiwe crested currency. We cherished only portraits resembling tafawa balewa and alvan ikoku.
The luckiest mums were the ones who had more kids.

We empty our purses for our mums in disguise of them keeping them for us. Lol.
Then came the most hated part of christmas- "dusk". We wouldn't want to agree that all was about coming to an end just like that! Even the celebrant won't help us beg his father, had we gone to him for help.

Night will crawl in more rapidly than we expected. But around bed time, we'd suddenly let out a large grin- on realizing that a bigger feast will resurface cum the nxt 7days. We'd sprawl on the mat without pulling our clothes while the most high keeps tab us.

Christmas used to be fun when I still believed in it. I guess it still is though. The only regret however is the fact that such memorable childhood will never resurface again, no matter how hard I try.

Merry christmas nonetheless.
my name is Tunde and I run www.nomadicnegro.com

6 Likes

Re: What Is Your Best Christmas Childhood Memory? by TIDDOLL(m): 4:04pm On Dec 25, 2016
The Foods we got from em Neighbours, geez....knock after knock... Always rushing to the door to usher em in grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Backsliding? And How Can A Person Recover? / English Meaning Of This Transliteration / The Tri-unity Of God And The Work Of Salvation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.