Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,837 members, 7,956,158 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:06 AM

Great Eaglet - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Great Eaglet (542 Views)

Vanguard Plagiarised Fifa.com In Write-up Golden Eaglet Conquered The World / Eaglet Stars Celebrate In Synagogue Church Of All Nation…… / Golden Eaglet “comeback Hero” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Great Eaglet by pmartins: 4:38pm On Nov 18, 2009
What a great welcome, from the pitch of play. I know many out there are tired and sick of Sunday’s game NIGERIA VS SWIZERLAND. They don’t need to be sick; those boys tried their best but only their best was not quite good enough.
From the start of the World Cup, no one thought that the EAGLETS would get to this stage but with our support and prayers, they flew into the finals of the competition. What an excellent work from patriotic Nigerians!
There are many things we need to check out from the beginning to the end of the game. I know if l asked people “What can you say about the match?” there will be some things that will be going through their minds.
“Why did coach Obuh remove SANI EMMANUEL from the match?”
The game was so tough for the boys to give us even just a goal but Switzerland made their way and netted the ball on our goal post, but still the EAGLETS tried to make it up but everything proved abortive. They snatched the cup from the Nigerian side with a lone goal. At that time, the faces of the fans were unsettled with great shock and unbelief. But I know that there must be a winner at the end of the game and that will be the best team of the game.
I just have this in my mind that maybe the cup is not for us and the better team won. There is nothing anyone can do about that; it is GOD’s will. There is a lot one can learn from what happened.
I started regaining my strength when the players were lining up for the medals. A HAPPY moment came when they gave SANI EMMANUEL the golden ball MVP {most valuable player} and the silver shoe. l know people out there are happy too because the boy really deserved it; he has shown the world that he is capable even with the short amount of time he was given to play. It is the lord’s doing, I thank God for his life.
Let me use this opportunity to thank you all for your support and understanding for all the pain and failure we have been facing in the game of football through the years. But the EAGLETS have brought joy and smiles to our face. Let’s encourage them because they will do more. The best is still yet to come.

(1) (Reply)

Cg Architect/3d Artist/animator Available. / Affordable, Customisable And Flexible Nigerian Accounting Softwares / Who Is Using Nairahost?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.