Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,853 members, 7,956,207 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:47 AM

19-Year-Old Girl Who Lives In A Plastic Bowl Dies - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 19-Year-Old Girl Who Lives In A Plastic Bowl Dies (60115 Views)

Fuel Tanker Explodes In Ewu, Edo. Lives Lost, Property Destroyed (pics) / Plastic Kettles "Mysteriously Coming Out From A Tree Being Cut Down" In A Mosque / Danfo Driver Smashes Head Of 5-Year-Old Girl In Lagos. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Who Lives In A Plastic Bowl Dies by heykims(m): 7:28pm On Dec 26, 2016
She was beautiful. RIP...
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Who Lives In A Plastic Bowl Dies by Moodyup(f): 7:45pm On Dec 26, 2016
uviesa:
How can someone like this be begging in the street. Nobody will go to heaven in Nigeria. What are we preaching in church self.
It's really sad
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Who Lives In A Plastic Bowl Dies by ahahnow: 8:07pm On Dec 26, 2016
celestialAgent:
Pls put GRAPHIC In the title.

I could not even watch it for 2sec.

God help us!

PLEASE SHUT UP. IT IS YOUR FACE THAT IS GRAPHIC angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Who Lives In A Plastic Bowl Dies by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:11pm On Dec 26, 2016
bigtt76:
It is technically wrong not to have a post mortem or autopsy on the dead.

So why have u christians nt been doing this. When u pple have failed to lead by example yet u want muslims to follow.
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Who Lives In A Plastic Bowl Dies by bigtt76(f): 9:21pm On Dec 26, 2016
I actually didn't mention any religion, but as you've mentioned it first, let me respond along same lines. The muslims never take their dead ones who died at home to the hospital to be certified dead before they're prepared for burial. The Christians do take theirs to the hospital for same to be certified during which they're asked if they want a post-mortem performed or not (the muslims don't give that opportunity).

When the person dies in the hospital, the muslims are always in a hurry to carry home the corpse and prepare for burial while the Christians are all too flexible to keep their in the morgue till such a time they're ready. If hospital wants to perform post-morterm, they're all too free to do so as it is one of the pre-requisite for a death certificate to be issued. I might be wrong though.

NOETHNICITY:
So why have u christians nt been doing this. When u pple have failed to lead by example yet u want muslims to follow.
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Who Lives In A Plastic Bowl Dies by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:07pm On Dec 26, 2016
bigtt76:
I actually didn't mention any religion, but as you've mentioned it first, let me respond along same lines. The muslims never take their dead ones who died at home to the hospital to be certified dead before they're prepared for burial. The Christians do take theirs to the hospital for same to be certified during which they're asked if they want a post-mortem performed or not (the muslims don't give that opportunity).

When the person dies in the hospital, the muslims are always in a hurry to carry home the corpse and prepare for burial while the Christians are all too flexible to keep their in the morgue till such a time they're ready. If hospital wants to perform post-morterm, they're all too free to do so as it is one of the pre-requisite for a death certificate to be issued. I might be wrong though.

Though u didn't mention any specific religion in ur 1st post but u opined in it that because of religion she won't be taken for postmortem. We all know the religion being referred to in that post.
Ur assertion that postmortem being a prerequisite for issuance of death cert is wrong. Then u said when christians die their very flexible families take the body to the morgue for whatever reason. What a beautiful tin. I can't remember anybdy criticising any christian for this.
Different ppl wit diff ways, values and customs. If u love urs stick to it and allow others who see tins diff follow their way. Some custom even prefer to cremate. For as long as they re not comin to cremate my family member I don't see the big deal.
Respecting one anothers value system is the only way of purging ur heart of hate for others and then the only sure way to peace.
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Who Lives In A Plastic Bowl Dies by bigtt76(f): 9:25am On Dec 27, 2016
Please what's the requirements for the issuance of a death certificate?

Don't they need to enter the cause and time of death? I don't mean to be harsh, but do Muslims get issued with one?

How do they go about requesting for a death certificate without the sighting of the corpse? I really want to know out of curiosity. Cheers

NOETHNICITY:
Though u didn't mention any specific religion in ur 1st post but u opined in it that because of religion she won't be taken for postmortem. We all know the religion being referred to in that post.
Ur assertion that postmortem being a prerequisite for issuance of death cert is wrong. Then u said when christians die their very flexible families take the body to the morgue for whatever reason. What a beautiful tin. I can't remember anybdy criticising any christian for this.
Different ppl wit diff ways, values and customs. If u love urs stick to it and allow others who see tins diff follow their way. Some custom even prefer to cremate. For as long as they re not comin to cremate my family member I don't see the big deal.
Respecting one anothers value system is the only way of purging ur heart of hate for others and then the only sure way to peace.
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Who Lives In A Plastic Bowl Dies by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:04am On Dec 27, 2016
bigtt76:
Please what's the requirements for the issuance of a death certificate?

Don't they need to enter the cause and time of death? I don't mean to be harsh, but do Muslims get issued with one?

How do they go about requesting for a death certificate without the sighting of the corpse? I really want to know out of curiosity. Cheers

1. Any hospital can issue one, not necessarily the hospital where one died.
2. The applicant must be a relative of the deceased.
3. A doctor's report certifying the deceased dead is mandatory. The patience's medical history including last ailment suffered will be reflected in report and not compulsorily a postmortem deciding cause of death.
4. Death certificate can be issued days or weeks after death provided family members can show proof of death.
5. Postmortem is compulsory only if deceased died of suspicious circumstances subject of police investigation.
6. Muslims get issued with one on request by family member (husband, wife, children or sibling) or an appointee of family. Compliments.
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Who Lives In A Plastic Bowl Dies by bigtt76(f): 10:17am On Dec 27, 2016
With reference to 3 and 4

How would a doctor prepare a report of death when he or she did not examine the corpse or requiring family members produce proof of death (as in Muslim deaths)? Don't you think this would be based on 'hear say'?

NOETHNICITY:
1. Any hospital can issue one, not necessarily the hospital where one died.
2. The applicant must be a relative of the deceased.
3. A doctor's report certifying the deceased dead is mandatory. The patience's medical history including last ailment suffered will be reflected in report and not compulsorily a postmortem deciding cause of death.
4. Death certificate can be issued days or weeks after death provided family members can show proof of death.
5. Postmortem is compulsory only if deceased died of suspicious circumstances subject of police investigation.
6. Muslims get issued with one on request by family member (husband, wife, children or sibling) or an appointee of family. Compliments.
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Who Lives In A Plastic Bowl Dies by celestialAgent(m): 1:03pm On Dec 27, 2016
ahahnow:

PLEASE SHUT UP. IT IS YOUR FACE THAT IS GRAPHIC angry angry angry angry angry angry
simpleton!
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Who Lives In A Plastic Bowl Dies by celestialAgent(m): 4:06pm On Dec 27, 2016
toprealman:
Same feeling I get when I see politicians playing God. How can one explain the fact that Buhari who promised WW3 should he loose the general election is playing top democrat in Gambia(same Buhari who unseated a democratically elected government)?
Politicians buying basic food items for their constituencies (spending less than 10% of funds earmarked for improving their respective constituencies as if Nigerians are beggars).
People lining up to buy rice as if we are just recovering from the Biafran war, yet our leader said he is happy that Nigerians can buy rice at 13K!
Happy that federal agencies are owing workers Oct-Dec salary? Happy that people are passing through tough times? Happy that fulani herdsmen are killing innocent citizens with wanton impunity? Happy that people that have no biz with governance like the clueless man appointed to head the sports ministry.....after 6month of Aso rock "ultimate search"?
These are the things that really irritate and make me sick....very sick!
Unlike nature, we can change things here but due to the gross inhumanity and insensitivity of our leaders, look at where we are...after 56 years of independence!
The more sickening is the fact that our youths are just goofing about, what's the way out of this sweet nothingness

It is substantially apparent that you are so pained with the present government. But to tell you what, I'm more pained than you are because mine is fueled by the failure of the whole African government and a majority of the individuals.

If you watched the recent video where the American preacher insulted the black race, your reason should be reasonably parallel to mine.

I mean to think that South Korea and is it Ghana or an African nation like that got independent the same day, and look at the present state of the whole of Africa nations, do we have any country that can stand beside South korea in terms of achievement?

Nada! Zilch! Nothing!

And we just blame the Nigeria government?

Imagine what is happening politically is a supposed to be Democratic nations like Gambia, Congo, e.t.c

The whole Africa just need a re-think.

And onto the many DUMB Africans,

South korea is not great today because the government did everything for them, they are because the citizens contributed a great deal to the many spectacular developments. China is another example.

What the government does is organise reasonable scholarships for their students (optimists) to study abroad and in turn return with stolen technologies to develop their countries. But in the case of Africa, we prefer to instead of selecting the best heads and optimists to go study abroad, we are so filled with nepotism that we send those who will only be productive interms of flexing and taking selfies!

I have heard about many situations where a successful white student came out of the same class as that which many other failed, dumb Africa students attended.

Why, because they are not self motivated. Instead they want to just get the certificate and get a government job that pay them without any critical contribution to the enhancement of the system. Little wonder why high end companies have a few or no African holding critical positions.

In a sharp contrast, as a guy posted in a thread sometime saying, "God has helped Africa enough, it is we the people that need to help ourselves".
I say the same and to add to that, when we are critizing, let's take time to analyze the whole system, compare and contrast before channeling our critics at a party. This will help us tackle the root and not the surface of they problem.
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Who Lives In A Plastic Bowl Dies by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:59pm On Dec 27, 2016
bigtt76:
With reference to 3 and 4

How would a doctor prepare a report of death when he or she did not examine the corpse or requiring family members produce proof of death (as in Muslim deaths)? Don't you think this would be based on 'hear say'?

In that case the family will have to meet conditions to show proof of death as the case may be.
This condition of proof of death vary frm case to case. I'm nt fullin aware of all conditions, bt the family must meet set conditions as laid out by the issuing body.
Being that as it may, its important to point out that these days, especially in urban areas, irrespective of religion, deceased ones usually re certified dead by doctors b4 they can be presumed dead even when they died at home. This is not too difficult to achieve even for the most conservative muslims families.
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Who Lives In A Plastic Bowl Dies by bigtt76(f): 5:11pm On Dec 27, 2016
Thanks so much for enlightening me further. Happy New Year in advance.

NOETHNICITY:
In that case the family will have to meet conditions to show proof of death as the case may be.
This condition of proof of death vary frm case to case. I'm nt fullin aware of all conditions, bt the family must meet set conditions as laid out by the issuing body.
Being that as it may, its important to point out that these days, especially in urban areas, irrespective of religion, deceased ones usually re certified dead by doctors b4 they can be presumed dead even when they died at home. This is not too difficult to achieve even for the most conservative muslims families.
Re: 19-Year-Old Girl Who Lives In A Plastic Bowl Dies by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:37pm On Dec 27, 2016
bigtt76:
Thanks so much for enlightening me further. Happy New Year in advance.

Same here. Thanks sooooo much 4 ur patience and understnding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Python Killed By A Fisherman In Oyigbo, Rivers State Hung At A Building (Photos) / Man Finds Snake In Lagos Hotel (photos). / (Baba Ijebu) Kessington Adebutu’s Youngest Wife Unveiled - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.