Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,002 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Why Are Christians Such Liars? - Religion (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Christians Such Liars? (92385 Views)

Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? / Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Christians Such Liars? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:21am On Apr 23, 2018
hahn:

Really? There are actually many sources to that statement

Why do you say there is no historical proof he made the statement?

I am only aware that there is no historical proof Jesus existed
can you name any source from the time of Pope Leo that attributes that statement to him?
Re: Why Are Christians Such Liars? by hahn(m): 11:30am On Apr 23, 2018
Ubenedictus:
can you name any source from the time of Pope Leo that attributes that statement to him?

Actually no I can't
Re: Why Are Christians Such Liars? by OtemAtum: 10:28pm On Apr 23, 2018
Chidorx60:
I won't bother preaching to u online, only God's mighty hand can treat ur case. Adieus
God ALMIGHTY, the creator of Yahweh, Allah and other gods is what I bring to you but you don't understand it. My the light of God reveal the truth to you eventually.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Such Liars? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:17pm On May 01, 2018
hahn:

Actually no I can't
be wary of spreading untruths about others.

by most accounts pope Leo was no saint but there is no proof he said those things, in fact those quote appeared long after his death as polemical rhetoric from his enemies
Re: Why Are Christians Such Liars? by hahn(m): 1:06pm On May 01, 2018
Ubenedictus:
be wary of spreading untruths about others.

by most accounts pope Leo was no saint but there is no proof he said those things, in fact those quote appeared long after his death as polemical rhetoric from his enemies

Well there is equally no proof of the existence of Jesus existed but people around the world serve the concept
Re: Why Are Christians Such Liars? by Ubenedictus(m): 6:55pm On May 01, 2018
hahn:

Well there is equally no proof of the existence of Jesus existed but people around the world serve the concept
you may say that, I could even go and provide written records and you'll say they were made up.

I know how the argument goes, I have been in one of such.

but for me, the issue isn't about the "records", the proof that Jesus existed is the faith of his Church, many who lived around his time testify to it, even at the cost of their lives and that lived testimony it for me a reality.

if any would deny the life of Christ even with such vigorous witness from the early Church, then I simply consider such persons biased with an agenda, such person could deny anything.
Re: Why Are Christians Such Liars? by hahn(m): 11:20pm On May 01, 2018
Ubenedictus:
you may say that, I could even go and provide written records and you'll say they were made up.

I know how the argument goes, I have been in one of such.

but for me, the issue isn't about the "records", the proof that Jesus existed is the faith of his Church, many who lived around his time testify to it, even at the cost of their lives and that lived testimony it for me a reality.

if any would deny the life of Christ even with such vigorous witness from the early Church, then I simply consider such persons biased with an agenda, such person could deny anything.

Around his time? Do you mind providing links?
Re: Why Are Christians Such Liars? by Dantedasz(m): 2:41pm On May 23, 2020
Bump! undecided
Re: Why Are Christians Such Liars? by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 23, 2020
What is lie? embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (Reply)

Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God / Ruth Ifunanya Muoka And Lucky Oha Wedding Pictures / I Killed This Bat The Enemy Sent To My House At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.