Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 (7745 Views)

Poll: WHICH IS THE 2009 ALBUM OF THE YEAR

MUSIN2MOHITS WANDE COAL: 56% (88 votes)
NO TIME BRACKET: 10% (16 votes)
DANGER PSQUARE: 12% (19 votes)
GINGAH UR SWAGGAH TERRY G: 4% (7 votes)
WONDER WOMAN OMAWUNMI: 1% (2 votes)
C.E.O DA GRIN: 15% (25 votes)
This poll has ended

What's The Best Nigerian Album Cover?? / Latest Nigerian Album / Album Of The Year "asa" Download Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by Okijajuju1(m): 9:08am On Nov 21, 2009
Genuflect:

@Okija_juju Can't you read?

Dude what I was driving at was I felt that TERRY G should not even have been included in that poll. The album was next to whack. PERIOD.

I voted WC's mushin to mohits as the best album of 09. I bought the album 6 times already.
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by Abagworo(m): 9:09am On Nov 21, 2009
why u no nominate j martins?his album is simply the best.i voted ginjah ur swagga because this year belonged to terry g
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by mjbaba: 9:12am On Nov 21, 2009
I'll give it to Da Grin- CEO. that guy rhymes like crazyyyy!!

Sorry, who put Terry G on the list? Is that guy a musician God forbid!!!
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by sodconfirm: 9:13am On Nov 21, 2009
M2M
C.E.O - DaGrin  ---believe me dagrin raps Yoruba with sense.

ma wo pe mo kuru - ta ba de ori bed wa mo pe mo buru, lol
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by Okijajuju1(m): 9:16am On Nov 21, 2009
sodconfirm:

M2M
C.E.O - DaGrin ---believe me dagrin raps Yoruba with sense.

ma wo pe mo kuru - ta ba de ori bed wa mo pe mo buru, lol

That was the problem, he raps in yoruba, hence his audience is limited.

mjbaba:

Sorry, who put Terry G on the list? Is that guy a musician God forbid!!!

Thank you very much. Open a thread for worst album of the yaer and see who wins it.

Abagworo:

why u no nominate j martins?his album is simply the best.i voted ginjah your swagga because this year belonged to terry g

You obviously have bad taste in music. Terry G is an asshole who is giving weed smokers a bad reputation.
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by tobaina: 9:22am On Nov 21, 2009
Water Closet -m2m, The album is tite
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by Dammyray(m): 9:28am On Nov 21, 2009
M2M for sure, CEO too try sha but na Wande
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by MustardInc: 9:39am On Nov 21, 2009
It's a NO-BRAINER really:

Wande Coal - M2M

Second is Da Grin

Bracket - like the majority of 9ja's urban artistes are repetitive and rotate the same beats & lyrics

PSQUARE - A fiasco by their own standard

Terry G - somewhat unique but still a long way from apogee.
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by Bbeee: 9:52am On Nov 21, 2009
C.E.O- Dagrin

WC- m2m
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by Johnpaul2k2(m): 10:17am On Nov 21, 2009
Please,why didnt they add M.I with his wonderful movie video "SAFE"[color=][/color][color=][/color]
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by Genuflect(m): 10:43am On Nov 21, 2009
@Okija_juju Whatever. As for me, I think Terry G has one of the best albums of the year. And don't think because Da Grin spits in Yoruba, he is limited o. I know non-Yoruba speaking Ibos and Deltans that love the guy. It's not what you say, it's how you say it
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by youngbest(m): 11:16am On Nov 21, 2009
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by oyinlaifa(m): 11:19am On Nov 21, 2009
There is no need nagging on the matter, the truth of the matter is that Psquare is the best for the year 2009. let's just hope another will come ok, lol grin
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by spikedcylinder: 11:38am On Nov 21, 2009
Wande Coal tried for that album abeg!
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by sammytb(m): 12:02pm On Nov 21, 2009
It's surely going 2 b M2M
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by koolchicco: 12:09pm On Nov 21, 2009
Who am I by JIM IYKE. angry tongue
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by inme: 2:45pm On Nov 21, 2009
TuFace= African Queen
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by Genuflect(m): 3:00pm On Nov 21, 2009
^^^Dem no go kill person for this Nairaland. LWKMD
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by maik: 3:28pm On Nov 21, 2009
Wande coallll, you are the best.
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by mbulela: 4:26pm On Nov 21, 2009
the blackest of them all.
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by toideve(m): 8:02pm On Nov 21, 2009
wande coal and da grin
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by Okijajuju1(m): 8:24pm On Nov 21, 2009
Genuflect:

@Okija_juju Whatever. As for me, I think Terry G has one of the best albums of the year. And don't think because Da Grin spits in Yoruba, he is limited o. I know non-Yoruba speaking Ibos and Deltans that love the guy. It's not what you say, it's how you say it

Dude, dont get me wrong, I love Da Grin, Pon pon pon was a banger, I have a couple of his tracks and i'm loving it. But then again because I am not yoruba, I really dont relate to his songs as much as I do wande coals. I would think you would have argued for the inclusion of M.I to the list, then I would be in a jam as to who is the king of 2009 music scene.
Ask for TERRY G, he is unique no doubt, but I just think he is badly over-hyped and I wonder why. Some of his collabos are tight, but his album is just plain whack. Intellectual ganja my ass.

Wande Coal it remains until such a time as when M.I would join the poll.

On the issue of P-square, they released their album too late in the year and the album is yet to be put through its paces. On a personal note, I think the album is less than average comparing it to their previous works.
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by Genuflect(m): 8:57pm On Nov 21, 2009
@Okija_juju Did M.I's album come out this year? Can't really remember. But if it did, it deserves to be on the list. Concerning Terry G, I enjoyed his album the most this year. Music is subjective. Quit knocking other people's choices, focus on your own
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by bims87(f): 9:02pm On Nov 21, 2009
I ll choose psquare's "Danger" as the hottest album.All d songs ve da vibe,is it danger itself? or e no easy,troway ,superfans ,possibility ft Tuface,who dey here? They r all tite songs.I give up to dem followed my WC's M2M.
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by Okijajuju1(m): 9:12pm On Nov 21, 2009
Genuflect:

@Okija_juju Did M.I's album come out this year? Can't really remember. But if it did, it deserves to be on the list. Concerning Terry G, I enjoyed his album the most this year. Music is subjective. Quit knocking other people's choices, focus on your own

come on now bruv, are you still on the TERRY G high?! I agree that music is subjective, but my guy TERRY G?? Look at the poll, you ae appaently the only one who voted TERRY G, that must mean he is super whack.

By the way sef, why isnt UNDAREYTED on that poll, and what of M.I. Please edit that poll to include them and see how much competition Wande would get.
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by Genuflect(m): 9:21pm On Nov 21, 2009
@Okija_juju You still don't get it, do you? I don't give a fidduck about the votes. I didn't even vote on the poll. I don't care about other people opinions but mine. That is the definition of subjectivity. Get it now?
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by Okijajuju1(m): 9:27pm On Nov 21, 2009
Dude you could love African china for all I care.

The poll speaks for itself. Terry G is just as good as Omawunmi (which isnt so as I know that TERRY G no go even pass the audition level of IDOLS) grin .

Dude keep gingering your swagger, I no get yawa with you. wink
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by astoree: 9:31pm On Nov 21, 2009
MEN 4 MI GUYS,I WD GO WT WANDE COAL, BUMPER 2 BUMPER,U BAD, MOHITS IS REALLY TIT.AGAIN U HV 2 ANALYSE THE SOUND TRACKS OF THESE SONGZ.BLIV MI DON JAZZY IE REALLY GOOD @ WT HE DOES!
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by Abagworo(m): 10:10pm On Nov 21, 2009
Okija_juju:

Dude what I was driving at was I felt that TERRY G should not even have been included in that poll. The album was next to whack. PERIOD.

I voted WC's mushin to mohits as the best album of 09. I bought the album 6 times already.

Okija_juju:

come on now bruv, are you still on the TERRY G high?! I agree that music is subjective, but my guy TERRY G?? Look at the poll, you ae appaently the only one who voted TERRY G, that must mean he is super whack.

By the way sef, why isnt UNDAREYTED on that poll, and what of M.I. Please edit that poll to include them and see how much competition Wande would get.

bros abeg wetin terry g do you?i dey go club well and almost 50% of tracks that banged the year always have some terry g.please stop the hate.
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by otokx(m): 10:26pm On Nov 21, 2009
The poll speaks for itself.
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by Genuflect(m): 10:27pm On Nov 21, 2009
@Abagworo Abeg o, help me tell am o. Na by force to make me hate the guy? Lol. For example, I don't like that Danger album but you won't see me ranting on and on about it. You sef sabi how Terry G wan tear clubs up with Free Madness na. E be like say the guy no commot. Lmao
Re: Nigerian Album Of The Year: 2009 by Okijajuju1(m): 11:03pm On Nov 21, 2009
Terry G is banging in the club because Nigerians seem to be on the ALANTA train right now. When Alanta fades like its predecessors (swo, galala, konto, e.t.c, TERRY G will die out.

Danger isnt all that so you are allowed to hate it, as a matter of fact I do hate that track.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lil Kesh – "Rora" (audio) / Who Is Better East Coast Or West Coast / Flavour – Catch You (Official Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.