Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,201 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) (37313 Views)

What Nigeria Will Do With $320 Million Abacha Loot – Buhari / What Nigeria Will Look Like In 2018 / Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by ChuzzyBlog: 3:44pm On Dec 27, 2016
As seen in a museum in Kano state... A look at an old sheet of Nigeria's first National Anthem. See below:-

SOURCE: http://www.chuzzyblog.com/2016/12/checkout-what-nigerias-first-national.html

1 Share

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by ChuzzyBlog: 3:45pm On Dec 27, 2016
Sounds cool but i prefer the new one tho!

Listen to the anthem here@@ http://www.chuzzyblog.com/2016/12/checkout-what-nigerias-first-national.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 27, 2016
my beloved country, Nigeria will be great again

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by three: 4:06pm On Dec 27, 2016
'unfortunately' words and music composed by Europeans so not 'Nationalistic' enough.

The thinking in Nigeria at the time was to decouple completely from the colonialists hence successive changes like 'driving on right hand side'.

Nigerian's have always been MORE concerned with Shadow over Substance.

this is why we are where we are

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by Julietcutie(f): 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2016
nice
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 5:03pm On Dec 27, 2016
Me and Crew from Jamaica are still looking for the 'N' in the Anthem...

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by Janetessy(f): 9:13pm On Dec 27, 2016
Hmmm
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by urCreator(m): 9:13pm On Dec 27, 2016
That's how they rushed to be independent. .

Without plans*

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by henrydadon(m): 9:14pm On Dec 27, 2016
when the white still call the shots..

i wish we never pressed for democracy..

colonisation is still the best thing to ever happen to us..

now we are left with clueless leader who are bent on seeing this country perish

17 Likes

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by InfinixMine: 9:14pm On Dec 27, 2016
The old anthem sounds interesting..

8 Likes

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by Martinola(m): 9:14pm On Dec 27, 2016
anthem sha...
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by deedeemob(m): 9:14pm On Dec 27, 2016
Short and simple, prefer the current one tho

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by LordIsaac(m): 9:15pm On Dec 27, 2016
three:
'unfortunately' words and music composed by Europeans so not 'Nationalistic' enough.

The thinking in Nigeria at the time was to decouple completely from the colonialists hence successive changes like 'driving on right hand side'.

Nigerian's have always been MORE concerned with Shadow over Substance.
The one that is "so nationalistic" is ridden with corruption...

this is why we are where we are
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by 0b10010011: 9:17pm On Dec 27, 2016
I guess Davido composed this one!

1 Like

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by baybeeboi: 9:17pm On Dec 27, 2016
Mercie97:
my beloved country, Nigeria will be great again
the song that never fades.

1 Like

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by mccoy47(m): 9:18pm On Dec 27, 2016
Yh. I remember singing it as a youth den tongue

I'm old lai dat cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by seenter84: 9:19pm On Dec 27, 2016
Na rite from time nia different tongue and tribe day d land

1 Like

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by gen2briz(m): 9:19pm On Dec 27, 2016
We hail theee ooo

2 Likes

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 27, 2016
that was when Nigeria was a country. It is very unfortunate

2 Likes

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by Henrypraise: 9:21pm On Dec 27, 2016
d new/ current national anthem ridicules everytin in nigeria,

"the labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain" i start to wonder which of d heroes de ar talkin abt, d ones dat refuse to die or d ones still leading us...

"one nation bound in freedom, peace n unity"--- dis line is d greatest of all nonsense in our national anthem...

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by NaijaMutant(f): 9:21pm On Dec 27, 2016
Very boring and uninspiring lines undecided

The idiota that wrote that poo needs to pay back the fee he collected and with interest

1 Like

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:22pm On Dec 27, 2016
borin
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by ProfessorPeter(m): 9:22pm On Dec 27, 2016
As a child then this line was my favourite "...Though tongues and tribes may differ in brotherhood we stand..." indeed "There was a country"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by Bankalert(m): 9:22pm On Dec 27, 2016
noted
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by Runaway: 9:22pm On Dec 27, 2016
nice one. i would have..............
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by Beehshorp(m): 9:24pm On Dec 27, 2016
Dis one and d current one I no knw d one wey borring pass

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amaechi, Abe’s Clash Consumes 4 APC Caucus Leaders / Soldiers Destroy Boko Haram, Capture High Calibre Weapons From Them (Graphic) / Saraki: Timi Frank Writes To UN, Accuses Buhari Of Persecution, Terror

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.