Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) (37325 Views)

What Nigeria Will Do With $320 Million Abacha Loot – Buhari / What Nigeria Will Look Like In 2018 / Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by Pamelayoung: 10:28pm On Dec 27, 2016
When my mum sang it to my hearing the first time, I liked it.
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by Ahmadgani(m): 10:36pm On Dec 27, 2016
2muchopoTBdope:
Me and Crew from Jamaica are still looking for the 'N' in the Anthem...
hail salasie east a far I. Bomba Clark

1 Like

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by Ahmadgani(m): 10:39pm On Dec 27, 2016
2muchopoTBdope:
hail salasie

whatta gwaan?

1 Like

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 10:43pm On Dec 27, 2016
Ahmadgani:
hail salasie

whatta gwaan?

smokysmokysmoky....Lighterlighterlighter...me laff in Jamaica
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by Cletus77(m): 10:44pm On Dec 27, 2016
2muchopoTBdope:
Rugged!!!

1 Like

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 10:49pm On Dec 27, 2016
Cletus77:

Rugged!!!

U are Sighted bro...lol

1 Like

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by wtfCode: 11:20pm On Dec 27, 2016
Mercie97:
my beloved country, Nigeria will be great again

undecided undecided undecided
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by kokkubabboni421(m): 11:43pm On Dec 27, 2016
henrydadon:
when the white still call the shots..

i wish we never pressed for democracy..

colonisation is still the best thing to ever happen to us..

now we are left with clueless leader who are bent on seeing this country perish
nd d only tin gud abt dis country is eulogosing of primitivism
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by Gesd(m): 11:54pm On Dec 27, 2016
Sergeant Afonja
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by Sutherland(m): 11:56pm On Dec 27, 2016
Sounds like slavery.. ....lol
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by Zenlife: 12:00am On Dec 28, 2016
ChuzzyBlog:
Sounds cool but i prefer the new one tho!

Listen to the anthem here@@ http://www.chuzzyblog.com/2016/12/checkout-what-nigerias-first-national.html

The old and present is an anomaly.
Where tribe and tongue differ, no unity.
But psychological deception.
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by paradigmshift(m): 1:17am On Dec 28, 2016
copy paste from Linda ikeji...no Shame for una eye
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by Nobody: 4:49am On Dec 28, 2016
NaijaMutant:
Very boring and uninspiring lines undecided

The idiota that wrote that poo needs to pay back the fee he collected and with interest
TBH, as boring as it sounds, it hits the nail on the head in perfection.
'Cos our current anthem is full of lies and bulllshits we don't practice.
Well...
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by supereagle(m): 6:07am On Dec 28, 2016
Beehshorp:
Dis one and d current one I no knw d one wey boring pass
The old is better. UI students sing it when they come together. Even if Buhari comes to UI today, he will be saluted by the old one. Great UITES will drive his security operatives away and take over his security. They did that to Gen Abubakar when he visited as a head of state. They sang it for Babs Fafunwa when he came there as a minister.
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by supereagle(m): 6:09am On Dec 28, 2016
capphil:
h
Now that is difficult to send money out to overseas students.
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by ddeola: 6:15am On Dec 28, 2016
NANS has adopted this song as NANS anthem
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by obyno5(m): 7:01am On Dec 28, 2016
2muchopoTBdope:
you guys are so high on whatever...u fail to see the N. But seriously this Anthem is a reflection of our circumstances and commitment. #BRINGBACKOURNATIONALANTHEM

1 Like

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by Asiwaju9ja(m): 8:04am On Dec 28, 2016
if my memory still dey intact. I think say na "though Tribe n Tongue May differ" And not tongue n tribe.
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by motherlode: 8:18am On Dec 28, 2016
Chai, see Lasu Union anthem! So it was actually gotten from the first national anthem in Nigeria. So amazing! cool
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by matoxy(m): 3:03pm On Dec 28, 2016
thanks, been looking for the lyrics. Sing it when we are in primary school then. Will write it somewhere
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by otipoju(m): 9:11pm On Dec 28, 2016
if you dont know how to sing that old anthem...then we are definitely not mates.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maina's Family Says He Is Now Too Broke, On Life Support For 15 Years / Samuel Galadima, Plateau Commissioner Dies While Jogging / SARS Threw Me Off 3-Storey Building, Broke My Spine - Trader To Judicial Panel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.