Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,129 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) (37324 Views)

What Nigeria Will Do With $320 Million Abacha Loot – Buhari / What Nigeria Will Look Like In 2018 / Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by WHOcarex: 9:26pm On Dec 27, 2016
This was even better
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by asumo12: 9:26pm On Dec 27, 2016
And uphold honor and glory
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by aalangel(f): 9:28pm On Dec 27, 2016
My Mom always sang this to us.
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by abdulbnyusuf(m): 9:29pm On Dec 27, 2016
Established 440 AD
Kano ehn
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by Oblitz(m): 9:32pm On Dec 27, 2016
so short
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by fkdmods: 9:32pm On Dec 27, 2016
Mercie97:
my beloved country, Nigeria will be great again

I've lost some of my history books. Please remind me again, when was Nigeria was ever great?
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by MossLuv: 9:35pm On Dec 27, 2016
what I deduced from this old national Athens is, the struggle for supremacy, tribalism, nepotism and what have you didn't start today but right from the history of Nigeria ( No smoke without fire). even though I'm a northerner today, I believed our quest for power will not bring unit in this country. we need to see beyond who rule us and learn
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by ehinorlive: 9:37pm On Dec 27, 2016
nigeria would a have be a better if we were still using this national item. who knows if the current one is the problem of nigeria
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by Airell: 9:38pm On Dec 27, 2016
It's short
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 27, 2016
God punish Buhari
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by akoko11: 9:43pm On Dec 27, 2016
Nigeria is not just improving in so many areas
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by vicstar(m): 9:49pm On Dec 27, 2016
angry
• it looks as if it was composed by a drunkard •°•
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by zubby29(m): 9:49pm On Dec 27, 2016
after reading all dis I am sure very sure u need help
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by segebase(m): 9:49pm On Dec 27, 2016
once upon a time ..there was a country called Nigeria.... THE END
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by leobrownish(m): 9:53pm On Dec 27, 2016
[quote author=Henrypraise post=52311671]d new/ current national anthem ridicules everytin in nigeria,

"the labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain" i start to wonder which of d heroes de ar talkin abt, d ones dat refuse to die or d ones still leading us...

"one nation bound in freedom, peace n unity"--- dis line is d greatest of all nonsense in our national anthem...[/quote

pinky! so u were rilly tinking wat I was tinking.
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by leobrownish(m): 9:55pm On Dec 27, 2016
Henrypraise:
d new/ current national anthem ridicules everytin in nigeria,

"the labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain" i start to wonder which of d heroes de ar talkin abt, d ones dat refuse to die or d ones still leading us...

"one nation bound in freedom, peace n unity"--- dis line is d greatest of all nonsense in our national anthem...

pinky! so u were rilly tinking wat I was tinking.
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by NotComplaining: 9:56pm On Dec 27, 2016
Nigeria, a fragile blend of the words Nigger and Area to define a region inhabited by dark skinned Nubians. At least our name is better than the Names Niger (pronounced Nijir) and Sudan. At least the colonialists gave an extra thought about our subordination.

A union led by unapologetic illiterate socialpaths, through an outdated mandate of economic suppression and ethnic subjugation of other dominant cultures.
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by jericco1(m): 10:04pm On Dec 27, 2016
armed forces radio make use of it
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 27, 2016
Mercie97:
in your 90s maybe
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by AUSLY22(m): 10:09pm On Dec 27, 2016
fvcking country

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by berrystunn(m): 10:10pm On Dec 27, 2016
Problem started when they changed it. To the new one. .
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by faruz: 10:14pm On Dec 27, 2016
Mercie97:
vision 4040
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by Mujaheeeden: 10:15pm On Dec 27, 2016
Pamela9os:
We got the best National anthem in the world
When the US anthem plays, your spirit moves because you know the country is there fpr its citizens while in Nigeria i can't even sing our anthem

1 Like

Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by Skelewu: 10:19pm On Dec 27, 2016
henrydadon:
when the white still call the shots..

i wish we never pressed for democracy..

colonisation is still the best thing to ever happen to us..

now we are left with clueless leader who are bent on seeing this country perish

You're just like the ancient Israelites who upon remembering the few morsel of dry meat they ate in Egypt begged Moses to send them back to continue wallowing in slavery.

No matter the condition today, colonialism can never be a desirable option for Nigeria.
Re: What Nigeria's First National Anthem Was Like (pictured) by soath(m): 10:24pm On Dec 27, 2016
InfinixMine:
The old anthem sounds interesting..
I don't think so. So simple and lacks depth.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maina's Family Says He Is Now Too Broke, On Life Support For 15 Years / How Dasuki Aided Importation Of Illegal Arms Into Nigeria – NATFORCE / Samuel Galadima, Plateau Commissioner Dies While Jogging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.