Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,362 members, 7,829,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Please How Safe Is It Buying A Vehicle Online - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please How Safe Is It Buying A Vehicle Online (966 Views)

Torrot: A Vehicle Made For Lagos Traffic / Has Any One Ever Purchased A Vehicle From Owode Market? Share Your Experience / Peace Mass Transit Set Up A Vehicle Assembly Plant In Emene, Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Safe Is It Buying A Vehicle Online by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 27, 2016
I saw a car of my choice on jiji, then I connected with the seller to bargain. In short, he said I'll have to pay #30000 for inspection because he will bring it down to where I am and the payment will be done prior to inspection.
Has anyone ever had a kind of deal
Re: Please How Safe Is It Buying A Vehicle Online by Hawx(m): 8:11pm On Dec 27, 2016
Pure scam! Flee! Once you are lured into paying #30000, that would be the end of discussion!
Re: Please How Safe Is It Buying A Vehicle Online by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 27, 2016
Hawx:
Pure scam! Flee! Once you are lured into paying #30000, that would be the end of discussion!
thanks a lot
Re: Please How Safe Is It Buying A Vehicle Online by obataokenwa(m): 8:44pm On Dec 27, 2016
never try it. 98% are Scammers.
Re: Please How Safe Is It Buying A Vehicle Online by Nobody: 6:53am On Dec 28, 2016
obataokenwa:
never try it. 98% are Scammers.
I really appreciate your advice

1 Like

Re: Please How Safe Is It Buying A Vehicle Online by valarinz: 9:54pm On Dec 28, 2016
abuabd:
I saw a car of my choice on jiji, then I connected with the seller to bargain. In short, he said I'll have to pay #30000 for inspection because he will bring it down to where I am and the payment will be done prior to inspection.
Has anyone ever had a kind of deal

Your topic and the content of your write up doesn't match up sir

Better topic choice should have been something like : "How safe it is to pay in advance for inspection of a car i found online", its definitely not the same thing as "How safe it is to buy a car online"

That said, i think you're quite a greedy fellow, you've seen a car you know is worth around 3m being advertised for 500k, pls don't ask me how i know this cos 99.9% of those scammers on jiji use that as bait to lure victims, and i assume no smart or "non-greedy" person will ever fall for that

Sadly, no matter what we type here, magas go still pay those niggas, goodluck

1 Like

Re: Please How Safe Is It Buying A Vehicle Online by pek(m): 12:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
You didn't state your location and the location of the car. Why dont you go to where the car is? You dont expect him to drive the car to you and bear the expenses himself, do you?
Re: Please How Safe Is It Buying A Vehicle Online by Assetget: 2:51pm On Dec 29, 2016
Simple. When you come to https://assetget.com and request a vehicle for purchase. We take you to the car dealership where you get a discount because you came through us. You check everything you want to check. Bring your mechanic along if you want to. This is Nigeria. You have to be extra careful. If you are satisfied and only if you are satisfied, you pay the dealer. He pays us. Everybody's happy cheesy

Re: Please How Safe Is It Buying A Vehicle Online by cardoctor(m): 3:10pm On Dec 29, 2016
Very unsafe. A physical inspection and test drive is always the best option. Many have gone. Beware!!!!
Re: Please How Safe Is It Buying A Vehicle Online by AutosBay(m): 6:58am On Dec 31, 2016
Pure scam!!

(1) (Reply)

WTB: New/rebuilt Steering Rack For 2002 Toyota 4runner / Recommend Automotive Services / Help..help...engine Oil Change....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.