Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I (19065 Views)

Worsening Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria, Buhari Should Resign As Petroleum Minister / "Go Contest For Councillorship", Uduaghan To Utomi / Money Laundering: FG Reviews Ibori’s Case-file, To Amend Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by sarrki(m): 9:52pm On Dec 27, 2016
A former Governor of Delta, Emmanuel Uduaghan, says those people going to London to see his predecessor, James Ibori, and posting pictures and comments about him, are creating more problems for him.

Mr. Uduaghan, who stated this in a Facebook post on Tuesday, asked those involved to “stop it”.

Mr. Ibori, who was the governor of the oil-rich state between 1999 and 2007, was released from a United Kingdom prison on Wednesday after serving a concurrent13-year jail term for money laundering.

The Southwark Crown Court jailed him on April 17, 2012 after he pleaded guilty to a 10-count charge of money laundering and conspiracy to defraud.

Since his release, friends, family member and political associates have been paying him visits in his London home, where he is under house arrest pending the conclusion of his asset confiscation case.

A video of one of such visits which has been trending on social media shows a Senator from the state, Peter Nwaoboshi, boasting about how Ibori “installed” governors and lawmakers from prison.

The video immediately drew public criticisms with many already calling for Mr. Ibori’s extradition and further prosecution in Nigeria.

Mr. Uduaghan wrote: “For those going to London to see Chief James Ibori and posting pictures and making comments, please stop it.

“We appreciate your love for him but you can go quietly without the unnecessary publicity.

“You are creating more problems for him than you can ever imagine.

“Nigeria is a complex country and you must understand and respect people’s sensibilities.”

Mr. Uduaghan, Mr. Ibori’s first cousin, succeeded him as Delta governor.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/219066-youre-worsening-iboris-case-uduaghan-tells-persons-visiting-former-governor-london.html

2 Likes

Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 27, 2016
Hmmn wise words. but alas we are in Nigeria where a yahoo boy is an Oba, A lawyer is a sports minister, while our president is telling his wife she belongs to the other room when she no be furniture grin
Meanwhile we akways celebrate rubbish in our nation. The earlier we get sense, the better.

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by optional1(f): 10:15pm On Dec 27, 2016
visit to a tiff and they didnt visit our own true heros when they didnt pays them.

Smh to naija.

2 Likes

Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by Adaowerri111: 10:18pm On Dec 27, 2016
The Smoothest Criminal in the History of Delta state have spoken...

25 Likes

Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 27, 2016
Exactly, our attention is now on Ibori, u can't just paint an ex convict as Saint and u expect Nigerians to keep quiet, uduagan is a good family member and i think they should follow his advice, Ibori doesn't need much attention at the moment

4 Likes

Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 27, 2016
That Senator Nwaobaoshi is a big disgrace to Nigeria and Nigerians. The Youtube video of him eulogizing Ibori is just cringe worthy.

Telling the whole world that a convict while in jail 'made' Governors, Senators and Speakers and even supported the Senate president.

He even said that Ibori is "the man who made everybody and nobody made him". Smh. undecided

46 Likes

Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by Mujaheeeden: 10:49pm On Dec 27, 2016
optional1:
visit to a tiff and they didnt visit our own true heros when they didnt pays them.

Smh to naija.
Can you kindly speak Igbo please

28 Likes

Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by sarrki(m): 11:04pm On Dec 27, 2016
optional1:

Smh to naija.

In this case washing and setting is required

1 Like

Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by sarrki(m): 11:05pm On Dec 27, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Can you kindly speak Igbo please

grin grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by patchsk(f): 8:30am On Dec 28, 2016
Buhari is plain stupid
Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by Oildichotomy(m): 8:30am On Dec 28, 2016
What he is probably forgetting is that he just did exactly the same thing he is accusing others of.

Media Attention?? And you went to social media to talk about it!
Pathetic!!

2 Likes

Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by DirtyGold: 8:30am On Dec 28, 2016
“Nigeria is a complex country and you must understand and respect people’s sensibilities.”
When did politicians start thinking about Nigerians sensibilities?
Idiots shamefully serving the people unwholesome rhetorics always. Smh slowly

What's tha business?

3 Likes

Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by ceeethru(m): 8:31am On Dec 28, 2016
Take a deep breath people. This man Ibori is a thief and a convict. This man impoverished our State yet some people choice to ignore this. Drawing examples of what Buhari and his people are doing is clutching unto straws. We are not all going to behave like Ostriches but will always advise Ibori to quietly return to Oghara as the ex convict that he is.

8 Likes

Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by rattlesnake(m): 8:33am On Dec 28, 2016
Ode
Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 28, 2016
Keep your advice to yourself traitor

1 Like

Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by serverconnect(m): 8:34am On Dec 28, 2016
This is PMB problem.
Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by sanandreas(m): 8:34am On Dec 28, 2016
Uduaghan prepare ur boxers because u are a bigger thief. Efcc should arrest Uduaghan. He stole delta state dry with no meaningful project

1 Like

Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by Atiku2019: 8:34am On Dec 28, 2016
Observing.............

Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by Ceenelly(m): 8:39am On Dec 28, 2016
Hard Truth

1 Like

Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by SweetJoystick(m): 8:39am On Dec 28, 2016
True talk brother

1 Like

Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by Ijaya123: 8:48am On Dec 28, 2016
Absolutely apt.

1 Like

Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by Cauhlins(m): 8:50am On Dec 28, 2016
nice observation.
Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by kassy777: 8:50am On Dec 28, 2016
Very good point by Udueaghan there. He should particularly warn Emami Ayeri, one of the most dullest and brainless Itsekiri chief. While Ibori was still serving his jail term, this stark Illitrate chief was publishing in the news papers, tell Nigerians that when Ibori comes out he will support part A, B,C etc. Sometime I just imagine why are the character of stark illitrates so dumb? Their brains are ticking backward. Look at Buhari, he will never take genuine advice too like those pushing Ibori to a more serious and deeper troubles. When those controling Buhari claps, he grows extra powers to become loosed and can do from a to z without taking time to evaluate who are those that a claping. Are thet the real and genuine Nigerians? Under that circustance, what Buhari knows how to do is to look if they are his friends or the 5% group. If they are from the 5% group, I dey tell you, Buhari will just sent Magu to go at the fastest speed after them, mention unimagable figures, froozen the accounts, and then relax. If the number of illitrate are more in a given community, group or a society, that society etc. is bound to cry and groan. That is what we are experiencing today.
If you are an Itsekiri, better WARN Imami Ayari to allow Ibori to come him and sleep for not less than two to three years before ever talking about this country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by MVLOX(m): 8:53am On Dec 28, 2016
Is this guy talking from experience abi the guy don dey see the future like bros TBJ

1 Like

Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by kassy777: 8:54am On Dec 28, 2016
sanandreas:
Uduaghan prepare ur boxers because u are a bigger thief. Efcc should arrest Uduaghan. He stole delta state dry with no meaningful project
But, I think is is more better than Amaechi who finished Rivers money and give to non Rivers for campaign. Imagaine, Amaechi who gave plenty millions to Soyinka for just ordinary birth days ceremoney.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 28, 2016
Now this is sense.

Mr Nwaoboshi seems too loquacious for a senator.
Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by Zico5(m): 8:54am On Dec 28, 2016
patchsk:
Buhari is plain stupid
U are deluded and confused

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by ODIAZ(m): 8:56am On Dec 28, 2016
patchsk:
Buhari is plain stupid
And you think you have sense abi. Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by Goldenheart(m): 9:09am On Dec 28, 2016
Chai
Re: You’re Worsening Ibori’s Case, Uduaghan Tells Persons Visiting Former Governor I by kstix(m): 9:14am On Dec 28, 2016
patchsk:
Buhari is plain stupid
Omg. For wah na? He ruined christmas for u?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anyim Pius Anyim Celebrates His 60th Birthday Today / Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari / President Buhari Returns To Nigeria, Arrives In Daura, Katsina (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.