Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Tension In Abia Community Over Gunmen Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension In Abia Community Over Gunmen Attack (1310 Views)

N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State / Gunmen Attack EFCC Headquarters In Abuja (photos) / Tension Grips Enugu Community Over Farmers, Herdsmen Disagreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tension In Abia Community Over Gunmen Attack by Horllamideh(m): 3:57am On Dec 28, 2016
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/tension-abia-community-gunmen-attack/
By Ugochukwu Alaribe
ABA—Tension is brewing in Uratta Umuoha community in Isiala Ngwa North council area of Abia State as yet-to-be identified gunmen killed three natives of the community.
It was gathered that no fewer than 10 natives of the community, who sustained bullet wounds, are receiving medical attention in an undisclosed hospital.
The gunmen had last week invaded the community, but were resisted by residents who caught one of them while others escaped. The arrested gunman was allegedly killed by youths of the community who also set a motorcycle he was trying to escape with ablaze.
Trouble started for the community when the gang, on Christmas day, regrouped and in a commando-like manner, shot at any member of the community on sight. When they left, about three residents were found dead while scores of others sustained varying degrees of injuries.
Fearing a return of the gunmen, residents are fleeing the community in droves. A native of the community, who simply gave his name as Eze said he has evacuated his family to a neighbouring community and urged the security agencies to secure lives and properties in the area.
When contacted, the Abia State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr. Ogbonnaya Nta said he was yet to know about the incident, promised to get back to Vanguard as soon as he gets in touch with the DPO, Isiala Ngwa North Division. He was yet to do so as at the time of filing this report.

Re: Tension In Abia Community Over Gunmen Attack by azimibraun: 4:55am On Dec 28, 2016
3 things, first I expected the usualll suspects.. Fulani herdsmen. Secondly, the community got a bit of what they bargained for( sorry about that as lives are involved) they got hold of the group member and instead of investigating him to know their motives and strength, he was killed with his bike burnt. You don't take the laws into your own hands especially Jungle justice( if I may ask where was the body buried or was it given to the dogs to feast on?) something horrible realy brought those guys back for such revenge. Thirdly, that we all know. The police will always be the last to know there is break down of law and order. It's a default statement since 1960. The police is yet to know from the stone age to this age of technology and mobile phones the police is still yet to know a crime has been committed not far from them. Haba!

3 Likes

Re: Tension In Abia Community Over Gunmen Attack by chriskosherbal(m): 5:06am On Dec 28, 2016

1 Like

Re: Tension In Abia Community Over Gunmen Attack by bentlywills(m): 5:31am On Dec 28, 2016
Bad news everyday
Re: Tension In Abia Community Over Gunmen Attack by Nobody: 5:33am On Dec 28, 2016
coolhi
Re: Tension In Abia Community Over Gunmen Attack by Nobody: 5:37am On Dec 28, 2016
Sad one.

Nigerian journalists are all lazy reporters.

Investigative journalism is dead and gone

3 Likes

Re: Tension In Abia Community Over Gunmen Attack by Atiku2019: 5:49am On Dec 28, 2016
Why Kill and burn the only suspect you caught? communal clash cry cry
Re: Tension In Abia Community Over Gunmen Attack by Sealeddeal(m): 5:55am On Dec 28, 2016
kenonze:
Sad one.

Nigerian journalists are all lazy reporters.

Investigative journalism is dead and gone
Go and investigate naa. When villagers are running away,and police may even be afraid to go there and you're blaming journalist for lack of investigative journalism.

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Abia Community Over Gunmen Attack by Nobody: 5:55am On Dec 28, 2016
this is a familiar precedent lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Tension In Abia Community Over Gunmen Attack by Horllamideh(m): 5:57am On Dec 28, 2016
Atiku2019:
Why Kill and burn the only suspect you caught? communal clash cry cry
Communal clash ......surely the best bet

1 Like

Re: Tension In Abia Community Over Gunmen Attack by proeast(m): 7:14am On Dec 28, 2016
This is becoming greatly annoying and disturbing. Are they waiting for their national leader in the person of buhari to intervene on their behalf or what What is happening in the middle belt & kaduna should be a serious warning and call to urgent action by the people. Why would you allow people to come to your places, kill innocent people and still go scot free when you can always identify them We should use this xmas to discuss on how to arm our boys in the guise of vigilante groups across Igboland. This rubbish should not be allowed to fester. Since our governors are all nanies who are all concerned on how to keep their seat by appearing loyal to the dullard in Abuja. How do these herdsmen go with arms all the way from the north down to the East to kill people if the army and police are not covertly supporting them
Re: Tension In Abia Community Over Gunmen Attack by Schematics: 7:39am On Dec 28, 2016
Abia state is such an insecure dead state. Abia state should be turned to a grazing land because it is too filthy and messed to be called a state.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Abia Community Over Gunmen Attack by DaniDani(m): 8:10am On Dec 28, 2016
Schematics:
Abia state is such an insecure dead state. Abia state should be turned to a grazing land because it is too filthy and messed to be called a state.
Will you shut up your bull crap! Aside the osisikankwu mayhem, have you heard about any serious security crises in abia state if not rare crime cases such as this? For the past 5years, abia and Ebonyi is the most secured state. In terms of infrastructure, every sensible person knows that t. a Orji ruined the state, Ipkeazu is unfortunate to be IN leadership position of abia state when the state is a dumpsite, in squalid, squalor and devoid of any infrastructure plus coupled with the economic downturn of Nigeria which has reduced the allocation of states. To worsen the whole thing, enemies of the state has vowed to distract him with endless court cases, yet, the man is still making some efforts.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Abia Community Over Gunmen Attack by Schematics: 8:13am On Dec 28, 2016
DaniDani:
Will you shut up your bull crap! Aside the osisikankwu mayhem, have you heard about any serious security crises in abia state if not rare crime cases such as this? For the past 5years, abia and Ebonyi is the most secured state. In terms of infrastructure, every sensible person knows that t. a Orji ruined the state, Ipkeazu is unfortunate to be IN leadership position of abia state when the state is a dumpsite, in squalid, squalor and devoid of any infrastructure plus coupled with the economic downturn of Nigeria which has reduced the allocation of states. To worsen the whole thing, enemies of the state has vowed to distract him with endless court cases, yet, the man is still making some efforts.

Betterabiastate is the highlighted a confirmation of the present condition of Abia state? This is coming from your brother!cool
Re: Tension In Abia Community Over Gunmen Attack by Chef2000: 8:33am On Dec 28, 2016
Schematics:
If you are talking about insecurity it means you should talk about my dead anambra state where we are now sleeping with one eye open, our youths are being slaugthered day and night because of armed robbery....

Anambra state is cursed.

Re: Tension In Abia Community Over Gunmen Attack by Schematics: 8:36am On Dec 28, 2016
Nwokem go and sleep away your sorrow. Abia state is dead and cursed with everything evil and horrible. Ask your useless gov what he did with your state at a shrine as pictured below. cheesy

[s]
Chef2000:

If you are talking about insecurity it means you should talk about my dead anambra state where we are now sleeping with one eye open, our youths are being slaugthered day and night because of armed robbery....
Anambra state is cursed.
[/s]

Re: Tension In Abia Community Over Gunmen Attack by Chef2000: 8:47am On Dec 28, 2016
[s]
Schematics:
Nwokem go and sleep away your sorrow. Abia state is dead and cursed with everything evil and horrible. Ask your useless gov what he did with your state at a shrine as pictured below. cheesy
[/s]
I ain't from Abia and don't care about what happens there all that am concerned about is Anambra my state.
Re: Tension In Abia Community Over Gunmen Attack by momentarylapse: 8:50am On Dec 28, 2016
grin

See as 2 of their ipob youths are abusing the hell out of anambra and abia states above me but this same jokers would still want you to believe they would unite in biafra? This people sef and confusion!

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Abia Community Over Gunmen Attack by Schematics: 8:55am On Dec 28, 2016
Nwokem leave me alone, i am not the one that cursed Abia state to become a horrible place. I am from Abia that's why I am telling you that my Abia state is cursed and dead. And everything we are seeing about Abia proves that much. cheesy

[s]
Chef2000:

I ain't from Abia and don't care about what happens there all that am concerned about is Anambra my state.
[/s]
Re: Tension In Abia Community Over Gunmen Attack by Chef2000: 9:10am On Dec 28, 2016
[s]
Schematics:
Nwokem leave me alone, i am not the that cursed Abia state. I am from Abia that's why I am telling you that my Abia state is cursed and dead. And everything we are seeing about Abia proves that much. cheesy
[/s]
I am not even holding you at first, I am just stating the fact because as it stands now Anambra is the worst state in Nigeria so we need help from all angle...

just take a look at my cursed state you will pity my people.

Re: Tension In Abia Community Over Gunmen Attack by Schematics: 9:22am On Dec 28, 2016
My Abia state is dead. Start facing reality my frustrated friend. cheesy

These are real pictures from the dead Abia state and not those fake pictures of yours. cheesy

[s]
Chef2000:

I am not even holding you at first, I am just stating the fact because as it stands now Anambra is the worst state in Nigeria so we need help from all angle..
ust take a look at my cursed state you will pity my people.
[/s]

Re: Tension In Abia Community Over Gunmen Attack by Chef2000: 9:49am On Dec 28, 2016
[s]
Schematics:
My Abia state is dead. Start facing reality my frustrated friend. cheesy

These are real pictures from the dead Abia state and not those fake pictures of yours. cheesy
[/s]
Are you suffering from comprehension problem Am not from Abia state and don't care about what happens over there, my only concern is my own state Anambra where nothing is working at all

this is Anambra my cursed state

Re: Tension In Abia Community Over Gunmen Attack by Schematics: 10:12am On Dec 28, 2016
You are posting crap from your a.nus. Those are all fake pictures from somewhere else.

Real state will hurt you till you die cheesy

Abia state is dead. Meanwhile I am from Abia state cheesy

[s]
Chef2000:
[
Are you suffering from comprehension problem Am not from Abia state and don't care about what happens over there, my only concern is my own state Anambra where nothing is working at all

this is Anambra my cursed state
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Fayose, Wike, Bode George, Others set to dump PDP forever / 10 Most Corrupt Nations In The World Today / Bola Ahmed Tinubu The Real-Life Keyser Söze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.