Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,090 members, 7,821,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Giving Back To Alma Mater: Alumni Donates Clinic To College - See photos - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Giving Back To Alma Mater: Alumni Donates Clinic To College - See photos (755 Views)

I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education / Class 1999/2000 Graduates Of Uniben Donates To Alma Mater / My Own Little Way Of giving back: 10k each for lucky Nigerian students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Giving Back To Alma Mater: Alumni Donates Clinic To College - See photos by solaugo1: 6:36am On Dec 28, 2016
It was a day of joy for management, staff and students of Molusi College Ijebu Igbo, Ogun State, as the school clinic was commissioned.

Speaking at the commissioning ceremony, the President of the set involved with the construction of the school clinic appreciate the effort of the members of 78/83 set for their tireless efforts in making the project a reality.

Read full speech below:

*WELCOME ADDRESS BY THE SET CHAIRMAN*
Good afternoon, the national president ably represented by the 1st vice president Mr Ewetuga, all other national exco members , the principals of Molusi College senior and junior school , exco members of MOCOSA 78/83 Set , other members of MOCOSA 78/83 Set , ladies and gentlemen.

I welcome you all to this special event marking the opening and handing over of MOCOSA 78/83 clinic project . We have come a long way to arrive at today's event. The history of the school clinic dates back to January 2014 when a team of our members numbering about 10 from various discipline paid a visit to the school with a view to identifying two laudable projects that can be handled by our members. Three projects were identified , namely sponsorship of PTA Teachers, re-roofing of Oluwole Awokoya block and building a school clinic.

Our members unanimously agreed to sponsor 3 PTA Teachers, 2 for senior school and 1 for junior school and that commenced immediately but there was heated debate as to which one to pick out of the remaining two choices. At the end of the day those in favour of the Clinic project were overwhelming. Hence the Clinic project was chosen.

A building committee was set up by the house comprising of professionals namely Surveyor Sikiru Salami of blessed memory , Architect Wale Adebayo, Engineer Adekunle Adenuga aka Ased, Builder Sheriff Are, Mr Ahmed Adesanya and Mr Niyi Onasanya. Other advisers include Dr Tony Ogundipe and Dr Wellington Ogunsanya.

The foundation was finally laid on 28th January 2015. The construction work continued throughout the year as members contribution /donation came in.

The project was completed with about #5 million naira excluding value of voluntary professional services and material donations.

Permit me at this junction to acknowledge the contributions of the following major donors Dr Tony Ogundipe, Dr Wellington Ogunsanya and Mr Lekan Akinlaja. I also want to acknowledge the following people for their contribution towards the success of this project ; Mr Sunday Odubanjo, Dr Femi Jayesimi, Mr Tunde Talabi, Chief Adeyemi Adesanya, Mrs Lateefa Fowosire, Mrs Bimpe Olofintuyi, Mr Bimbola Adesanya , Mr John Agbolade, Mr Kunle Adenuga , Mr Sheriff Are, Arc Wale Adebayo, Alhaji Suraju Adebanjo, Mufutau Oluyemi, Saheed Salaam, Demola Okuneye, Idiat Gafar, Yemisi Ogunnupe, Yinka Idowu , Bolanle Kazeem, Pastor Mustapha Olayinka and a host of others too numerous to mention , am sorry that time won't permit me to name everyone individually. I pray that God Almighty will reward you all.

I will like us to observe a minute silence in honour of Surveyor Sikiru Salami and others that passed on during the course of the project. May God Almighty grant their souls eternal rest.

To round it all up we are immensely grateful to God Almighty for allowing us to will it and achieve it.

ONLY THE BEST!
Sholabomi Kaka MC 5511
Chairman MOCOSA 78 /83 Set.

Report packaged by Olusola Ogundeko (95 SET - MC 9202)

Source - http://newsnownigeria.com.ng/giving-back-to-alma-mater-alumni-donates-school-clinic-to-molusi-college-see-photos/

(1) (Reply)

See List Of Nigerian Universities That Will No Longer Offer Law And Accounting / Free University Of Nigeria Resume Lectures And First Academic Activities / 2017 Utme: Jamb Lied Concerning 20,000 Registered Candidates In Two Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.