Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education (39593 Views)

Delta School Of Nursing Upgraded To College Of Nursing / PGDE: Should I Go To College Of Education Or National Open University? Help!!! / You Can Now Go To College In Germany For Free, No Matter Where You’re From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Rafeek1: 1:06pm On Aug 24, 2018
I am a Yoruba boy based in Abuja. I graduated my secondary school 2012, wrote my first jamb in 2013 but i score 157 which was very low for any university to accept me as of then (because d cut off mark was 180)

I felt so disappointed in my self so i took another jamb in 2014 it was same 156 i was over disappointed in my self. I den decided to go for poly den (fed poly bauchi) but my mom refused that is too far from abj den. I don't have much knowledge about change of institution and nobody put me through so I went to college of education minna, spending 3yrs and have to wait for another year b4 result will b ready.

To cut d story shut, is diz year that am applying to university while my mates who go university and poly are serving now while some of them are even working. So am advising u guys not to go to collage of education it waste time.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by ikbnice(m): 1:29pm On Aug 24, 2018
I hope you know we have some of your secondary school classmates who might have become a roadside mechanic or doing menial jobs just to survive. Some of them would even be happy having what you had. We do not journey through life with the same speed.

561 Likes 38 Shares

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Rafeek1: 1:49pm On Aug 24, 2018
ikbnice:
I hope you know we have some of your secondary school classmates who might have become a roadside mechanic or doing menial jobs just to survive. Some of them would even be happy having what you had. We do not journey through life with the same speed.
well, daz true let.... Am thanking God for that sha

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by fidelmarshal199: 2:59pm On Aug 24, 2018
Your English says it all, You only passed through the school. The school didn't pass through you cry

163 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:10pm On Aug 24, 2018
ikbnice:
Roadside mechanics earn higher than most bankers tongue

172 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Rafeek1: 4:26pm On Aug 24, 2018
fidelmarshal199:
Your English says it all, You only passed through the school. The school didn't pass through you cry
one tin about some guyz is dah day claim to know while dey know nothing. u should understand that i only typed for typing sake not to define English language. And even u trying to correct someone check ur expression is wrong what is " your English says it all" very wrong mr man it is not my English but my expression and is not says okay

367 Likes 19 Shares

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Rafeek1: 4:33pm On Aug 24, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

is true but school is d best

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by jasysandra(f): 5:02pm On Aug 24, 2018
Life is not a competition and never should be.
Focus on you and you alone. Leave your mates to run their race.
We shall all gt there!!!

95 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by idu1(m): 5:22pm On Aug 24, 2018
ikbnice:
Don't insult mechanics here my friend. They are better than jobless psychology graduates with 2:1.

150 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by idu1(m): 5:23pm On Aug 24, 2018
Rafeek1:
I am a Yoruba boy base in Abuja i graduated my secondary school 2012 wrote my first jamb in 2013 but i score 157 which was very low for any university to accept me as of then( because d cut off mark was 180) I felt so disappointed in my self so i took another jamb in 2014 it was same 156 i was over disappointed in my self. I den decided to go for poly den(fed poly bauchi) but my mom refused that is too far from abj den i don't have much knowledge about change of institution and nobody put me through so I went to college of education minna spending 3yrs and have to wait for another year b4 result will b ready. To cut d story shut, is diz year that am applying to university while my mates who go university and poly are serving now while some of them are even working. So am advising u guys not to go to collage of education it waste time

Look at this one to do nysc na end dey hungry am. Mumu

7 Likes

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by SUPERPACK: 5:40pm On Aug 24, 2018
idu1:
Don't insult mechanics here my friend. They are better than jobless psychology graduates with 2:1.

10 Likes

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Humchi(m): 5:45pm On Aug 24, 2018
fidelmarshal199:

i don't know the reason why you guys lay so much emphasis on one's English speaking skills which is not your language.
He is passing a message, instead of you to focus on the message you were busy on the English.....

150 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by 1stNumeroUno: 6:09pm On Aug 24, 2018
Op, so you wan go back to uni now because your mate don dey serve abi?

cheesy cheesy cheesy hope you know the meaning of NYSC? Now Your Suffering Continue.

What's your NCE major sef?

5 Likes

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Opinionated: 6:20pm On Aug 24, 2018
Rafeek1:
I am a Yoruba boy base in Abuja i graduated my secondary school 2012 wrote my first jamb in 2013 but i score 157 which was very low for any university to accept me as of then( because d cut off mark was 180) I felt so disappointed in my self so i took another jamb in 2014 it was same 156 i was over disappointed in my self. I den decided to go for poly den(fed poly bauchi) but my mom refused that is too far from abj den i don't have much knowledge about change of institution and nobody put me through so I went to college of education minna spending 3yrs and have to wait for another year b4 result will b ready. To cut d story shut, is diz year that am applying to university while my mates who go university and poly are serving now while some of them are even working. So am advising u guys not to go to collage of education it waste time

Wrong logic. Go for Direct Entry to get your degree but after your degree, you can work in any school as you are a qualified educationist for life. Those with Bachelors that is not education related have to do postgraduate in education to be accepted as professional teachers in Nigeria. You don't need that with NCE.

Everybody's time and life is different.

You can also read http://www.jarushub.com for educational tips.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Mr2wealth: 6:22pm On Aug 24, 2018
Guy, you can still go to the university to achieve your aim. However, you can still do something with your NCE certi even though you did not tell us what you studied. Put it at the front of your mind that going to the uni without any laid down plan will be a waste. You can still be worse off.

13 Likes

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 6:35pm On Aug 24, 2018
jasysandra:
We shall all gt there!!!

OP,follow this wonderful advice.
Life is not a competition.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by jumper524(m): 6:38pm On Aug 24, 2018
College of education is a real brain drainer especially minna..
I was there 2013/2014 i spent only a year there and had to leave for the university.
While in the university i realised how brain dead i was..
Bro ill advise you dont go for educational course in the university.
Its same category with college.
Theres a huge difference between normal bsc student and education students..

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by BluntBoy(m): 7:01pm On Aug 24, 2018
Rafeek1:

Bro, everyone's path is different. That you feel that College of Education is a waste of time for you does not mean it would be a waste for another person. Stop giving this type of advice.

17 Likes

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by KingSatan: 7:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
My son, do not regret attending a college of education. In the world you live in today, formal education does not guarantee your exploits or achievements. Its is the maximization of your mental capacity that makes you standout at the end of the day. There are a lot of university graduates who have nothing upstairs, they only decieve their aged parents who still lay much emphasis and believe in this fairy tale "Go to school and you will be wealthy".

My advice to you is simple, "Develop yourself and be the best version of you. Find a solution to a problem and you will regret wasting your time seating for any exams or visiting any school".

Or better still, use your GF for Yahoo Plus.

I am waiting for you in hell. You will make a good demon

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Uyi168: 7:14pm On Aug 24, 2018
jasysandra:
We shall all gt there!!!
some persons may never get there!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by falcon01: 7:20pm On Aug 24, 2018
tensazangetsu20:
you are damn right!
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Rafeek1: 7:23pm On Aug 24, 2018
Mr2wealth:
Guy, you can still go to the university to achieve your aim. However, you can still do something with your NCE certi even though you did not tell us what you studied. Put it at the front of your mind that going to the uni without any laid down plan will be a waste. You can still be worse off.
I really feel motivated with ur witty saying bro.... i studied biology and chemistry education

1 Like

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by benzion72(m): 7:23pm On Aug 24, 2018
I thank God I attended college of Education Ila Orangun Great Ilarites. It afford the opportunity to switch job especially when you need a teaching job. You do not need to go for any Post graduate diploma PGD in education. College of Education also prepare you for facing crowd, you can face any interview panel without fidgeting, because you have done micro teaching and teaching practice. I still have respect for all Psychology courses I did, it help to understand human behavior. Courese in Philosophy also sharpen my logical reasoning. I dont really know why you are regretting

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by giddykay: 7:47pm On Aug 24, 2018
fidelmarshal199:
king of savagery

1 Like

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 8:09pm On Aug 24, 2018
I've realized something about NL, there are some threads that you have to skip and try not to comment on... This is one of them.

BTW. I too went to a federal college. FCE, Zaria to be precise, and I can tell you with all certainty that it was not a waste of time. The goals you had when you got into sch were probably different from the goals other people (who effectively utilized their time at colleges around the country) had when they got in.
I don't blame you, even in my university days there were people who believed that a degree was a waste of time.

11 Likes

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Modupetemmy1(f): 8:24pm On Aug 24, 2018
a bird in hand worths more than a thousand in the bush
I finished my secondary school in 2005
stayed at home till 2010 all because I wanted to study medicine at all cost
my sister would persuade me to attempt college of education
whenever she made mention of it
I always get angry at her
last last 2010 I tried and my name came out with merit list
believe me; you may not appreciate what you have done now
but later in the future you would
2014 I applied through direct entry to unilag
I can bet you that all the direct entry performs far more better than the jambite
we build on the foreknowledge we have from the college of education
my dear no knowledge gain is a waste
you will remember this day later and thank your mother likewise yourself for making the decision

non of my mate could beat me academically
in college you tend to learn all the basic rudiments of education unlike in the university

20 Likes

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:34pm On Aug 24, 2018
It will end in praise

3 Likes

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by OboOlora(f): 8:35pm On Aug 24, 2018
but even people that went to University regret not going to private university and the ones that went to private university regret not schooling abroad.

Just accept ur fate and make the best of any situation u find urself.

After all some people didn’t go to school and own companies that have plenty graduates.

All d best Mate!

33 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Habiba Daggash Graduates From Oxford With First Class In Engineering / Student Beats Principal To Coma In Osun / 10 Year Old Nigerian Math Genius, Esther Okade Plans To Build A Bank By Age 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.