Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP (6424 Views)

Which One Is Better Gionee M6 And Infinix Zero 4 Plus. / I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed / Tecno Phantom 6, Gionee M6 And Xiaomi Mi 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by Nobody: 6:42am On Dec 28, 2016
I got my gionee m6 few days ago but i don't know how to root and install Twrp till date, this is preventing me from utilizing the phone to its maximum capacity and restore my titanium backup from my gionee m5

Twrp too i av not seen anyone around that I can install on my phone. My fellow gionee m6 users, how did you root and install TWRp on your gionee m6, i need someone to put me through as soon as possible.

Thanks
Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by softtouch2(m): 10:22pm On Jan 03, 2017
Tolullopsy:
I got my gionee m6 few days ago but i don't know how to root and install Twrp till date, this is preventing me from utilizing the phone to its maximum capacity and restore my titanium backup from my gionee m5

Twrp too i av not seen anyone around that I can install on my phone. My fellow gionee m6 users, how did you root and install TWRp on your gionee m6, i need someone to put me through as soon as possible.

Thanks

I'm in the same boat.
Gionee M6 chip encryption and recovery-boot is too secure to be rooted at the moment. We got to wait and enjoy default function for now.

1 Like

Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by Nobody: 6:27am On Jan 09, 2017
Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 14, 2017
Please who has a solution to this, have not been able to use my phone since i bought it a month ago.

Am still stuck with my gionee m5. Hw can i buy a phone and i won't be able to use it? I need help on dis as soon as possible, root and twrp/cwm urgently needed for this gionee m6 oooo.

I am tired of watching my phone in d pack and unable to use it, someone should please help oooo
Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by NCP: 7:35pm On Jan 14, 2017
Tolullopsy:
Please who has a solution to this, have not been able to use my phone since i bought it a month ago.

Am still stuck with my gionee m5. Hw can i buy a phone and i won't be able to use it? I need help on dis as soon as possible, root and twrp/cwm urgently needed for this gionee m6 oooo.

I am tired of watching my phone in d pack and unable to use it, someone should please help oooo

Sell the M5 or dash your loved one.
Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by kelxon(m): 12:31pm On Feb 21, 2017
Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by mukilat(f): 6:24pm On Mar 06, 2017
Tolullopsy:

Thanks

Root is now available

Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by Beess(m): 8:07pm On Mar 06, 2017
mukilat:

Root is now available
How is it rooted?
Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by bukasons: 4:16am On Mar 11, 2017
Use the below methods to root and flash Twrp Recovery on your Gionee M6 http://flyerstech.com/how-to-root-gionee-m6/
Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by softtouch2(m): 7:49pm On Mar 12, 2017
Now rooted on Gionee M6!

Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by princemillla(m): 8:40pm On Mar 12, 2017
Sorry if I derail thread my gurus.

I mistakenly soft brick my lg G pro today.
The phone has custom rom on It. Running cyanogen mod
. I rooted it with king root and I made a factory reset on the phone. Ever since it won't boot. But power+ volume up take it to recovery. I even tried to apply marshmallow update on it so it can Start afresh but it not seeing the zip update on my sd card.

Pls help out thanks
Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by kogbaski99: 3:01am On Mar 15, 2017
Get the new phonePad 3 I know it will be cheap
Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by SaintUlot: 5:44am On Mar 16, 2017
softtouch2:
Now rooted on Gionee M6!

Kindly teach me how to root it, can you give me your contact, the methods i got online are not working
Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by SaintUlot: 5:46am On Mar 16, 2017
Who else has successfully rooted his m6 here, to put me through, my new gionee m6 hard bricked while trying it, i had to take it to gionee care before it could wake up

1 Like

Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by SaintUlot: 5:50am On Mar 17, 2017
@softtouch2 abeg come to my rescue, i need to root this phone ASAP, kindly contact me on whatsapp or sms or call on 0.8.0.3.5.5.3.7.8.6.4

All the process am seeing are not rooting the phone, i even suffered an hard brick in the process , its gionee care that brought the phone back to life.

Please i really need your assistance

1 Like

Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by softtouch2(m): 8:49pm On Mar 17, 2017
SaintUlot:
Who else has successfully rooted his m6 here, to put me through, my new gionee m6 hard bricked while trying it, i had to take it to gionee care before it could wake up

First, you need to do oem unlock of your bootloader.
Enter "developer mode" then go to "advance setting" enable "oem unlocking as shown

Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by softtouch2(m): 8:55pm On Mar 17, 2017
softtouch2:

First, you need to do oem unlock of your bootloader.
Enter "developer mode" then go to "advance setting" enable "oem unlocking as shown

Then enter "fastboot mode" and connect your M6 to PC with adb driver installed.

open command prompt and type "fastboot devices" your M6 serial should display which shows fastboot is configured correctly.
type command "fastboot oem unlock" follow instruction displayed on your phone to complete unlocking process.
then type "fastboot reboot" to reboot your phone.

Now, you have unlock your bootloader. Follow next post to flash custom recovery
Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by softtouch2(m): 9:00pm On Mar 17, 2017
Download this custom recovery for M6
https://www.dropbox.com/s/68ithp4ji6mi6xy/Philz%20for%20Gionee%20M6.zip?dl=0

Unzip and flash thru fastboot.
Enter fastboot, open terminal command from the unzip folder
type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

Note: if you rename the custom recovery, make it "name_of_your_recovery.img"

then "fastboot reboot"
then enter recovery by holding power button and volume-up, select recovery to see your new custom recovery.

All set for rooting, go to next post
Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by softtouch2(m): 9:05pm On Mar 17, 2017
Copy SuperSuxxx.zip into memory card or internal of your device.
You may download this version of SuperSu: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2eiz2sp23yyyoul/SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815.zip?dl=0

enter custom recovery and flash SuperSuxxx.zip to root your M6

reboot

Look for new icon of Supersu on your device.
install rootchecker from Android market to confirm your root status.
Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by SaintUlot: 5:21am On Mar 18, 2017
Thanks so much @softtouch2
Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by SaintUlot: 10:59am On Mar 25, 2017
My gionee m6 finally rooted, but one more thing, i am having problem with backing up the rom via the recovery [Nandroid Back up] it stops data and cache is not backing up, what is the solution?

Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by Frazercrib(m): 1:15pm On Mar 25, 2017
SaintUlot:
My gionee m6 finally rooted, but one more thing, i am having problem with backing up the rom via the recovery [Nandroid Back up] it stops data and cache is not backing up, what is the solution?
your data partition is encrypted
Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by softtouch2(m): 3:51pm On Mar 26, 2017
SaintUlot:

Yea... The data partition is encrypted by encrypted_boot image.
At every boot, the boot image ensure data partition is encrypted. Even if you format data partition, unless you are sure boot image itself has been patched to prevent this. I have no way of reloading official ROM on Gionee M6 for now, else i would have format data and see what will happen.

I have same problem with Huawei Mate 9 until the boot image was patched to prevent data encryption during boot.

I guess this form of encryption is new to High-end Android devices, making them relatively secure.
Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by Tekecoms1(m): 1:33pm On Aug 08, 2017
SaintUlot:
Please call me at 07033031385. I have somethings to ask you.
Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by drehdinho(m): 5:09am On Aug 09, 2017
Any help with GIONEE M6 Mirror?
Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by Nobody: 6:18am On Aug 09, 2017
softtouch2:

Then enter "fastboot mode" and connect your M6 to PC with adb driver installed.

open command prompt and type "fastboot devices" your M6 serial should display which shows fastboot is configured correctly.
type command "fastboot oem unlock" follow instruction displayed on your phone to complete unlocking process.
then type "fastboot reboot" to reboot your phone.

Now, you have unlock your bootloader. Follow next post to flash custom recovery
Please can you help me create twrp recovery for tecno wx3p?I really need it rooted
Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by softtouch2(m): 6:58am On Aug 20, 2017
TechEnthusiast:

Please can you help me create twrp recovery for tecno wx3p?I really need it rooted

Sorry for replying you late.

No I can't make TWRP.
Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by CallmeMVP(m): 4:34pm On Feb 02, 2019
Good thread here, am also a proud owner and user of GIONEE m6 which I bought last year but never considered rooting, I began have interest of lately and decided to do some Google search on the topic and that brought me here, i will want to go through the process by SOFTTOUCH2 but I wanna ask, is there a way to do this successfully without a laptop or computer as mine is currently faulty and I hadn't had time to go to computer village for a fix?
Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by maysdrays: 12:07pm On Feb 04, 2019
softtouch2:
Download this custom recovery for M6
https://www.dropbox.com/s/68ithp4ji6mi6xy/Philz%20for%20Gionee%20M6.zip?dl=0

Unzip and flash thru fastboot.
Enter fastboot, open terminal command from the unzip folder
type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

Note: if you rename the custom recovery, make it "name_of_your_recovery.img"

then "fastboot reboot"
then enter recovery by holding power button and volume-up, select recovery to see your new custom recovery.

All set for rooting, go to next post

If i unlock the oem... Will I lose all my data and installed apps
Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by ZAWs: 2:18pm On Feb 04, 2019
While every concerned fellow maybe happy for success recorded rooting this phone, but be sure you do not play with the stock ROM
This isn't your regular phone firmware you download from the internet and flash. (They won't just work)
Although this isn't an advise but a WARNING
as only GIONEE Engineers/offices can undo any damage caused.
Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by maysdrays: 6:02pm On Feb 04, 2019
ZAWs:
While every concerned fellow maybe happy for success recorded rooting this phone, but be sure you do not play with the stock ROM
This isn't your regular phone firmware you download from the internet and flash. (They won't just work)
Although this isn't an advise but a WARNING
as only GIONEE Engineers/offices can undo any damage caused.

Does oem unlock lead to data wipe??
Re: How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP by ZAWs: 7:31am On Feb 05, 2019
maysdrays:

Does oem unlock lead to data wipe??

No sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cheap Phones With Extra Long Lasting Battery And Their Prices / Tips To Keep Your Android Device Screen Safe / LG Thread, Rumours And More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.