Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,033 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

What Do You Like About Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do You Like About Nigeria? (1079 Views)

Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' / What Google Is Telling Foreigners About Nigeria / This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Like About Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 28, 2016
This is a positive thread especially for those whose have no means of relocating abroad but are looking for something about this country worth holding on to.

I see a lot of negativity on here whereas in real life I know many young people making it here. Is it that some people are too blind to see the opportunities down here or am I missing something. One thing I know is that you can actually just wake up and start a business here if you have capital. There aren't many bottlenecks you will face to begin. See how Seun and Linda Ikeji are making it? That's how others are too.

Another thing is that life is easier when you live in less populated areas, so why does everyone seem to be moving towards Abuja, Lagos or port Harcourt?

For me I like our religious nature, it's difficult to remain a committed Christian abroad another thing is that I like the variety of our food.

So what do you like

1 Like

Re: What Do You Like About Nigeria? by izombie(m): 7:42am On Dec 28, 2016
My family. I live outside nigeria and the only reason i still visit is because if my family and some friends. Nothing else to like about nigeria to be honest.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Like About Nigeria? by vickertony(m): 8:14am On Dec 28, 2016
The only thing i like about Nigeria undecided
The hardship here, Coz it has made me stronger mentally, when i finally leave Nigeria to pursue my dreams i will succeed anywhere in the world sad

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Like About Nigeria? by AvsGot007(m): 9:54am On Dec 28, 2016
now I know you're really serious about Nigeria! jeez! I mean look around you, nothing is working!
Re: What Do You Like About Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 28, 2016
AvsGot007:
now I know you're really serious about Nigeria! jeez! I mean look around you, nothing is working!

Lol people are making money dear. Why don't you do something about the things that aren't working, for example we keep saying there is no security here but if you capitalize on this and bring in stun guns there will be a ready market for it . Now that's what I'm talking about instead of us acting all selfish, if I had enough funds I will definitely be bringing in some of these things instead of complaining and running away.

Some complain of poor quality drinking water especially in rural areas, well there are products that make water safer for drinking these can also be brought down. Our real problem is selfishness, everyone is thinking of himself and herself. If I can just lay my hands on capital then I'm made (patiently waiting for now)

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Like About Nigeria? by AvsGot007(m): 11:24am On Dec 28, 2016
Pidgin2:

Lol people are making money dear. Why don't you do something about the things that aren't working, for example we keep saying there is no security here but if you capitalize on this and bring in stun guns there will be a ready market for it . Now that's what I'm talking about instead of us acting all selfish, if I had enough funds I will definitely be bringing in some of these things instead of complaining and running away.

Some complain of poor quality drinking water especially in rural areas, well there are products that make water safer for drinking these can also be brought down. Our real problem is selfishness, everyone is thinking of himself and herself. If I can just lay my hands on capital then I'm made (patiently waiting for now)
oh my God! where am I gonna get the money to do these things you mentioned when nothing is working?
Re: What Do You Like About Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 28, 2016
AvsGot007:
were did dangote, mike adenuga , seun osewa , Linda ikeji, p square made it isn't it in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: What Do You Like About Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 28, 2016
AvsGot007:
oh my God! where am I gonna get the money to do these things you mentioned when nothing is working?
u guys keep on saying nothing is working while people like inosson are making good pay every second. The foolish thing about u guys is that the strength u put in getting abroad illegally if used in Nigeria u would be stinking rich. Sometimes I wonder if Nigeria doesn't change who would change it for us? Is it God that will do it for us I have made a vow that even if I travel abroad or not I must make a difference in Nigeria before I leave this world. We keep on talking bad about Nigeria when we all are the cause of Nigeria's problem. Although sometimes I weep for Nigerians because of how foolish many are

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Like About Nigeria? by prince985(m): 11:50am On Dec 28, 2016
Pidgin2:
This is a positive thread especially for those whose have no means of relocating abroad but are looking for something about this country worth holding on to.

I see a lot of negativity on here whereas in real life I know many young people making it here. Is it that some people are too blind to see the opportunities down here or am I missing something. One thing I know is that you can actually just wake up and start a business here if you have capital. There aren't many bottlenecks you will face to begin. See how Seun and Linda Ikeji are making it? That's how others are too.

Another thing is that life is easier when you live in less populated areas, so why does everyone seem to be moving towards Abuja, Lagos or port Harcourt?

For me I like our religious nature, it's difficult to remain a committed Christian abroad another thing is that I like the variety of our food.

So what do you like
what I like best about Nigeria is dat d place is a zoo, and I get to c wild animals everywhere I go
Re: What Do You Like About Nigeria? by AvsGot007(m): 12:00pm On Dec 28, 2016
michaelandre:
u guys keep on saying nothing is working while people like inosson are making good pay every second. The foolish thing about u guys is that the strength u put in getting abroad illegally if used in Nigeria u would be stinking rich. Sometimes I wonder if Nigeria doesn't change who would change it for us? Is it God that will do it for us I have made a vow that even if I travel abroad or not I must make a difference in Nigeria before I leave this world. We keep on talking bad about Nigeria when we all are the cause of Nigeria's problem. Although sometimes I weep for Nigerians because of how foolish many are
Aiit! I got you bro, you win!
Re: What Do You Like About Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 28, 2016
prince985:

what I like best about Nigeria is dat d place is a zoo, and I get to c wild animals everywhere I go

Not a nice thing to say about your country
Re: What Do You Like About Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2016
michaelandre:

God bless
Re: What Do You Like About Nigeria? by bebe2(f): 9:47pm On Dec 28, 2016
Pidgin2:

So what do you like

Sis happy new year in advance tongue

Wat I love about Nigeria is the community spirit. Everyone seem to know everyone in some communities.

Am going to address a few of ur statements , Money is not everything. U seem to think pple are leaving because they want more money but that's not true. Am not rich where I am.

Some of us left so we can enjoy the bare necessities of life. Clean water, security good health care , unadulterated food and drugs.

The problem is not only resources but the pple. They don't care who dies it's all about Money. I went to Nigeria in march took 2 of my children with me. I wanted to make sure they were safe so I only gave them Eva water but they still had serious diarrhoea everywhere we went my son will use their toilet .

It was toward the end of ur trip that I realised that the bottles were refills. Can u imagine? If one of my kids had died I would be in prison by now not considering am the grieving mother.

As for security, pls don't think about stunt guns, if robbers know u are are armed the will be more ruthless with u.

And as for we being more religious, that hasn't helped. We are more evil than none religious nations. Think of the Scandinavian countries compare their crime rate to ours.

Our food is bam thosmiley

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Like About Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 28, 2016
bebe2:

Sis happy new year in advance tongue

Wat I love about Nigeria is the community spirit. Everyone seem to know everyone in some communities.

Am going to address a few of ur statements , Money is not everything. U seem to think pple are leaving because they want more money but that's not true. Am not rich where I am.

Some of us left so we can enjoy the bare necessities of life. Clean water, security good health care , unadulterated food and drugs.

The problem is not only resources but the pple. They don't care who dies it's all about Money. I went to Nigeria in march took 2 of my children with me. I wanted to make sure they were safe so I only gave them Eva water but they still had serious diarrhoea everywhere we went my son will use their toilet .

It was toward the end of ur trip that I realised that the bottles were refills. Can u imagine? If one of my kids had died I would be in prison by now not considering am the grieving mother.

As for security, pls don't think about stunt guns, if robbers know u are are armed the will be more ruthless with u.

And as for we being more religious, that hasn't helped. We are more evil than none religious nations. Think of the Scandinavian countries compare their crime rate to ours.

Our food is bam thosmiley

cheesy Happy new year to you too sis smiley

Oh my, your son fell ill? Sorry dear it's this get rich quick attitude that most people seem to have here that is causing such heartless behavior, how can someone even think of such sad

As for security, I lost a friend to petty thieves, the shocking thing about this is that he was unarmed, he only resisted and was stabbed to death, I can't help thinking maybe if he had a stun gun.....

I know you will agree with me that Nigeria wasn't like this before, at least I've heard that Nigerians were allowed to travel without visas in the past . I understand the need for basic amenities tho, of course I want that too but if we can't all migrate legitimately why should we do it illegally (not that you implied this at any point)

Instead of thinking about leaving at all cost when one hasn't got proper documentation why not think of something constructive we can do here? This is my line of thought

As for the food it is simply precious, what will I do without my ogbono and egusi soup cheesy
Re: What Do You Like About Nigeria? by bebe2(f): 10:32pm On Dec 28, 2016
Pidgin2:

cheesy Happy new year to you too sis smiley

Oh my, your son fell ill? Sorry dear it's this get rich quick attitude that most people seem to have here that is causing such heartless behavior, how can someone even think of such sad

As for security, I lost a friend to petty thieves, the shocking thing about this is that he was unarmed, he only resisted and was stabbed to death, I can't help thinking maybe if he had a stun gun.....

I know you will agree with me that Nigeria wasn't like this before, at least I've heard that Nigerians were allowed to travel without visas in the past . I understand the need for basic amenities tho, of course I want that too but if we can't all migrate legitimately why should we do it illegally (not that you implied this at any point)

Instead of thinking about leaving at all cost when one hasn't got proper documentation why not think of something constructive we can do here? This is my line of thought

As for the food it is simply precious, what will I do without my ogbono and egusi soup cheesy

Sorry about ur friend, pple are so heartless.

This is where I shud say it is well, but am not am optimist .

We can only live in hope, things are pretty sad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Like About Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 29, 2016
bebe2:
Sorry about ur friend, pple are so heartless.
This is where I shud say it is well, but am not am optimist .
We can only live in hope, things are pretty sad.
Thanks sis, i have no choice but to be optimistic smiley
Things will surely get better as soon as PMB leaves Aso-rock cheesy
Re: What Do You Like About Nigeria? by dasparrow: 7:22pm On Dec 29, 2016
Pidgin2:

Thanks sis, i have no choice but to be optimistic smiley

Things will surely get better as soon as PMB leaves Aso-rock cheesy

@Bolded

Hmmmm.....I won't hold my breath.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Like About Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2016
dasparrow:

@Bolded
Hmmmm.....I won't hold my breath.
Hey, be optimistic dear cheesy

(1) (Reply)

South Africa To Nigeria / Why Do Some Nigerians Consider Traveling Abroad As An Achievement? / A BRITISH Airways Manager Has Been Suspended After He Was Accused Of Selling Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.