Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,421 members, 7,830,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Question For The Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For The Christians (1166 Views)

Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. / Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? / Why Qur'an Is A Big Problem For The Atheists, Jews And The Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question For The Christians by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 28, 2016
I have few questions for the theists (Christians) on these forum concerning Christianity.

I always do hear this line from Christians, "He/She was never a Christian".

1) Peter was a Christian, suddenly, he decided to say he's now an ATHEIST.
The next reply you will get from a Christian colleague is "you were never a Christian in the first place".

2) A muslim converts from Islam to Christianity, he will be wholeheartedly welcomed and infact, the Christian family will be happy they have won a soul for Christ. But if that new convert decides to leave Christianity for another religion, the same Christians who were rejoicing to have won a SOUL for Christ will still come to say again, "that person was never a Christian".

3) If some notable men of God in Nigeria here are to denounce the existence of God. Same Christians emulating that man of God will say, "he(the man of God) was never called by God".

My question now is, why do Christians make such comment whenever someone decides to quit Christianity?

Cc hopefullandlord, dalaman, KingEbukasBlog, felixomor, 4evergod3, lepasharon, LiberaDeus and others

3 Likes

Re: Question For The Christians by Deicide: 9:31am On Dec 28, 2016
grin na Today you know say Christians them Be hypocrites?
Re: Question For The Christians by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:35am On Dec 28, 2016
Its called the no true Scotsman fallacy

But you really have to understand why

Christianity is about having a relationship with Christ

Now , how can one have a relationship with Christ and then deny his existence ?

Its outlandish .

That's why real Christians will tell the ex-Christian that he is no Christian in the first place or that he is just a nominal Christian or an ostensible Christian .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question For The Christians by dalaman: 9:39am On Dec 28, 2016
adepeter26:
I have few questions for the theists (Christians) on these forum concerning Christianity.

I always do hear this line from Christians, "He/She was never a Christian".

1) Peter was a Christian, suddenly, he decided to say he's now an ATHEIST.
The next reply you will get from a Christian colleague is "you were never a Christian in the first place".

2) A muslim converts from Islam to Christianity, he will be wholeheartedly welcomed and infact, the Christian family will be happy they have won a soul for Christ. But if that new convert decides to leave Christianity for another religion, the same Christians who were rejoicing to have won a SOUL for Christ will still come to say again, "that person was never a Christian".

3) If some notable men of God in Nigeria here are to denounce the existence of God. Same Christians emulating that man of God will say, "he(the man of God) was never called by God".

My question now is, why do Christians make such comment whenever someone decides to quit Christianity?

Cc hopefullandlord, dalaman, KingEbukasBlog, felixomor, 4evergod3, lepasharon, LiberaDeus and others

Its something people of all religions do. Muslims also do it alot. They will tell you that you were never a muslims or christian when you leave the religion.

1 Like

Re: Question For The Christians by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Its called tge no true Scotsman fallacy

Its outlandish .

That's why real Christians will tell the ex-Christian that he is no Christian in the first place or that he is just a nominal Christian or an ostensible Christian .
Chaiii. Types of christians now again. Truth, there are some questions that, when you ask a Christian, you will never get a convincing reply.

Example is this

1 Like

Re: Question For The Christians by dalaman: 9:42am On Dec 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Its outlandish .

How does the relationship with Christ work? Can you give specific examples? Because even husband and wife relationship comes to an end sometimes, does that mean the couples were never in a relationship?

2 Likes

Re: Question For The Christians by Deicide: 9:45am On Dec 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Its outlandish .

Op shebi I tell you? Look at this hypocrite redefining Christianity....

So if he becomes a Christian and at that moment is having a "relationship" with this imaginary Christ and after sometime decided to end the "relationship" and then decided to go look for another imaginary friend to have a relationship with...it means he never had a relationship with the first imaginary guy?

Lemme put it in a Simple way 4 you to understand..

I am dating this girl then after some time I broke up with her to date someone else does it mean I never dated the first girl

2 Likes

Re: Question For The Christians by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:49am On Dec 28, 2016
dalaman:

How does the relationship with Christ work? Can you give specific examples? Because even husband and wife relationship comes to an end sometimes, does that mean the couples were never in a relationship?

Atheism rejects the existence of God . That means in atheism , the said deity who was involved in this relationship never existed .
Its like being in a relationship with your wife whose name is Sarah , then come out to say Sarah does not exist . That is an outlandish claim cheesy

If the person decides to end his relationship with Christ then you expect the person to be an apatheist or change religion . That is , he is now indifferent towards the existence of God (apatheism) or has found a new god to worship - not that the 'Christian God' does not exist as per what atheism is.

You dig ?
Re: Question For The Christians by Deicide: 9:52am On Dec 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheism rejects the existence of God . That means in atheism , the said deity who was involved in this relationship never existed .
Its like being in a relationship with your wife whose name is Sarah , then come out to say Sarah does not exist . That is an outlandish claim cheesy
This is not about Atheism stop trying to change goal post... What if he convert to a Muslim?

If the person decides to end his relationship with Christ then you expect the person to be an apatheist or change religion . That is , he is now indifferent towards the existence of God (apatheism) or has found a new god to worship - not that the 'Christian God' does not exist as per what atheism is.
You dig ?
Muslims still believe in Jesus! So I don't see how you gonna excape this...
Re: Question For The Christians by dalaman: 9:55am On Dec 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You dig ?

Its simple . If a man lies to a woman that he is a millionaire and promises to take care of her and after marriage she discovers that it's all a lie she has ever reason to say that his riches do not exist and are imaginary. People leave christianity for various reasons. That is why I asked you what exactly you mean by relationship with Jesusand how the relationship works .

By the way christians accuse other christians that convert to Islam of this same thing, so I really do not know what you are on about.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question For The Christians by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 28, 2016
Deicide:

Op shebi I tell you? Look at this hypocrite redefining Christianity....

So if he becomes a Christian and at that moment is having a "relationship" with this imaginary Christ and after sometime decided to end the "relationship" and then decided to go look for another imaginary friend to have a relationship with...it means he never had a relationship with the first imaginary guy?

Lemme put it in a Simple way 4 you to understand..

I am dating this girl then after some time I broke up with her to date someone else does it mean I never dated the first girl
Gee, his reply wasn't convincing 1%. That was why i even cited example using Muslim convert
Re: Question For The Christians by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 28, 2016
Maybe i should be more straightforward with my point 3.

If Adeboye, Tb Joshua or Oyedepo suddenly denounce been Christians, truth ehh, most of the Christians on this platform will say, "they were never called to serve the purpose of god/Jesus".

Infact, their other men of God rivals will be like, "SHEBI WE TOLD YOU PEOPLE THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE FAKE".

These christians will no longer remember how they were listening to inspiring message from these men of god anymore
Re: Question For The Christians by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You dig ?
@bold. Are you implying there is Muslim God also? Meaning there are two Gods now.

Still, you guys will say Christianity is not a religion.
Now again, is it possible to preach the existence of God without bringing in Religion?

Aswear, if Atheists are confused people, i can 100% say the Theists are more confused
Re: Question For The Christians by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 28, 2016
U ask christians question then u call hopefullandlord... See ur life

1 Like

Re: Question For The Christians by Deicide: 10:14am On Dec 28, 2016
grin P.S if you are having a Relationship with An imaginary being It called Delusion..
Re: Question For The Christians by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 28, 2016
Smallville10:
If you gat no meaningful contribution, then swerve pls.
Re: Question For The Christians by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 28, 2016
@ebuka,can you be theistic in your replies without using Deism and deistic points to support ya comments
Re: Question For The Christians by hopefulLandlord: 10:42am On Dec 28, 2016
Smallville10:

lol, he might be calling me to observe and probably contribute when needed
Re: Question For The Christians by Deicide: 10:52am On Dec 28, 2016
adepeter26:
@ebuka,can you be theistic in your replies without using Deism and deistic points to support ya comments
I think this is impossible for him cause he himself knows how foolish Christianity is cheesy
Re: Question For The Christians by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 28, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

lol, he might be calling me to observe and probably contribute when needed
no, he probably wants backup, so that when hes been knocked out, u can come in

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question For The Christians by MrMontella(m): 11:24am On Dec 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You dig ?
so people do not have imaginary friends?
Re: Question For The Christians by MrMontella(m): 11:24am On Dec 28, 2016
adepeter26:

@bold. Are you implying there is Muslim God also? Meaning there are two Gods now.

Still, you guys will say Christianity is not a religion.
Now again, is it possible to preach the existence of God without bringing in Religion?

Aswear, if Atheists are confused people, i can 100% say the Theists are more confused
ive always said this...

Christianity and confusion are 5 and 6
what do you think 33,000 denominations imply ?
Re: Question For The Christians by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 28, 2016
Smallville10:
no, he probably wants backup, so that when hes been knocked out, u can come in
Chaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. I no get your time jare grin
Re: Question For The Christians by Wilgrea7(m): 12:40pm On Dec 28, 2016
the way atheists are attacking 4.evergod3 and kingebuka nowadays makes me wonder
Re: Question For The Christians by Wilgrea7(m): 12:43pm On Dec 28, 2016
adepeter26:

why do you guys hate the deistic view so much?.
Re: Question For The Christians by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 28, 2016
MrMontella:

ive always said this...

Christianity and confusion are 5 and 6
what do you think 33,000 denominations imply ?
Hahahaha.., na you talk am oo cheesy
Re: Question For The Christians by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 28, 2016
Wilgrea7:

why do you guys hate the deistic view so much?.
Because he cant fully use theism to support most of his claims. Moreover, I'm not needing deistic views here. Strictly theism
Re: Question For The Christians by Wilgrea7(m): 1:08pm On Dec 28, 2016
adepeter26:

Because he cant fully use theism to support most of his claims. Moreover, I'm not needing deistic views here. Strictly theism

the deistic view and theistic view aren't all that contradictory as you may think.... it may seem so to the fundamentalists and dogmatic people who throw away anything and everything that isn't in their book without even looking at it... I'm a Christian but i admire the deistic view of God so much that i respect logical deists anywhere i see them... if you know kingebuka well, you will know that he has studied many views of God and he accepts some aspects of some views... as so do i.... so using deism in an argument is only his proof that that deistic view is not opposing, but actually complementing his view of God... so asking him to give only the theistic view is like asking him not to air his view fully..

this is only my opinion

as per the thread, not all Christians do that..
i am actually very inquisitive about why and what made people change from one religion to the other... I've been willing to open a thread on it for months now but most people on nl won't give explanations but will rather just insult their previous faith.... the only reason i would ever say “the person was never a Christian" is if that person has claimed to experience the supernatural plane and then reverts to a view like atheism that denies the supernatural..

1 Like

Re: Question For The Christians by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 28, 2016
Wilgrea7:

the deistic view and theistic view aren't all that contradictory as you may think.... it may seem so to the fundamentalists and dogmatic people who throw away anything and everything that isn't in their book without even looking at it... I'm a Christian but i admire the deistic view of God so much that i respect logical deists anywhere i see them... if you know kingebuka well, you will know that he has studied many views of God and he accepts some aspects of some views... as so do i.... so using deism in an argument is only his proof that that deistic view is not opposing, but actually complementing his view of God... so asking him to give only the theistic view is like asking him not to air his view fully..

this is only my opinion

i am actually very inquisitive about why and what made people change from one religion to the other... I've been willing to open a thread on it for months now but most people on nl won't give explanations but will rather just insult their previous faith.... the only reason i would ever say “the person was never a Christian" is if that person has claimed to experience the supernatural plane and then reverts to a view like atheism that denies the supernatural..
I love ya comment, you speak with much maturity. wink
Re: Question For The Christians by urchcoded(m): 1:26pm On Dec 28, 2016
Both christianity and islam are fighting over which religion is more peaceful.....
I think, islam is winning the fight shaa

1 Like

Re: Question For The Christians by urchcoded(m): 1:35pm On Dec 28, 2016
Wilgrea7:

this is only my opinion

U posted wisely but do u really mean that someone dat was a Christian and and started questioning tins, to leta conclude that he cant see the existence of God was never a Christian... Dat wont be fair... If u happen to give up on ur faith tomorrow (i know its not possible) with ur present personal relationship with Jesus would u like someone to say u were never a Christian
Re: Question For The Christians by Wilgrea7(m): 2:17pm On Dec 28, 2016
urchcoded:

U posted wisely but do u really mean that someone dat was a Christian and and started questioning tins, to leta conclude that he cant see the existence of God was never a Christian... Dat wont be fair... If u happen to give up on ur faith tomorrow (i know its not possible) with ur present personal relationship with Jesus would u like someone to say u were never a Christian

firstly, questioning things shouldn't be a reason to give up your faith except you found the true answer which was contrary to what you believed... belief and experience are two different things... you can question your belief.. but its almost impossible to question your experience... why do i say so?? lemme try and explain... i believe the earth is round... i can question that belief.... if i carry out experiments and actually find out that the earth is flat and i stop believing the earth is round, it doesn't mean i never believed the earth is round... it only means I've carried out experiments which gave proofs contrary to my beliefs... that's why i said i like to hear the stories of those who left from one religion to the other..... experience on the other hand is different from just belief because experience is actually an experiment involving you that either affirms or denies your belief... for example if i believe people fall sick or i believe people don't fall sick and they just act sick... falling sick myself is an experiment involving me that will affirm my belief that people actually do fall sick..

my point is, if someone leaves his/her beliefs... they have a reason.. they have a view... like you said, someone that cant see the existence of God from his view... the reason behind saying someone was not a Christian in the first place should not be the person's conversion but the reason behind the conversion... it may be an authentic reason(based on proofs or experience) or a not so authentic reason (based on influence, or unanswered questions).... the reason why i classified unanswered questions as not authentic is because an unanswered question isn't a question without an answer but a question that has not YET been answered.

(1) (Reply)

An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! / Rccg House Fellowship Leaders' Manual(08/07/2018) Intercessory Prayers / Worship Flame West Africa Season 4... A Reality Gospel Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.