Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,466 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 (38197 Views)

5 Online Businesses You Can Start With Low Budget Even If You Are Broke / 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start Today / Nigerian Economy: Here Are Some Profitable Online Businesses You Can Start (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by echobazz: 5:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
Nice info
kudos Op
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by sunepa92(m): 5:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
Thanks bro, I needmore of this.
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by importexpert(m): 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2016
Ajusshi:

Nairabet wink

i mean businesses in which you will not narrate stories that touch grin
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by importexpert(m): 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2016
echobazz:
Nice info

kudos Op

thanks bro.
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by importexpert(m): 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2016
sunepa92:
Thanks bro, I needmore of this.

you are welcome. you can see a detailed step by step about starting and succeeding in affiliate marketing at www.affiliatejagaban.com/p/jagaban.html
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by importexpert(m): 5:33pm On Dec 28, 2016
feel free to post all your affiliate marketing related questions
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by talk2hb1(m): 5:41pm On Dec 28, 2016
I know someone who makes millions annually on part time basis from affiliate marketing, and I personally work as a freelance software developer for more than 5years now.

1 Like

Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by importexpert(m): 5:43pm On Dec 28, 2016
This are very profitable business models that are here to stay and not ponzy schemes.
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by fizzy94(m): 5:48pm On Dec 28, 2016
importexpert:

clickbank, commission junction or jvzoo. if you need a detailed guide on how to succeed in the business kindly refer to www.affiliatejagaban.com/p/jagaban.html
Nigeria is not among the countries list when registering on clickbank, how do I go about it?
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by almarthins(m): 5:51pm On Dec 28, 2016
Silentscreamer:
Nice info, though dey r not dat easy

Thank God u know o
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by importexpert(m): 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2016
fizzy94:

Nigeria is not among the countries list when registering on clickbank, how do I go about it?

you can register a uk clickbank account using a trial vpn from worldvpn. if will like to see my detailed work about using clickbank and succeeding on clickbank visit www.affiliatejagaban.com/p/jagaban.html
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by ekwii: 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
importexpert:
This are very profitable business models that are here to stay and not ponzy schemes.
I know wordpress very well. Can it be used in freelancing and make money from it?
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by importexpert(m): 5:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
Silentscreamer:

nothing is easy sister. some things just pays much more than others. always go with those things that are worth your effort.
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by innobets(m): 5:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
Ajusshi:

Nairabet wink
if bet do u something ehh, u go hate your lyf
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by pxjosh(m): 5:59pm On Dec 28, 2016
importexpert:

nothing is easy sister. some things just pays much more than others. always go with those things that are worth your effort.
Bro are you a freelancer on fiverr?

Mehn last night I tried using worldvpn one hour free trial to register on clickbank.. Those guys refused to send me a mail cry and I couldn't do anything, sub wasted
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by fizzy94(m): 6:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
importexpert:

you can register a uk clickbank account using a trial vpn from worldvpn. if will like to see my detailed work about using clickbank and succeeding on clickbank visit www.affiliatejagaban.com/p/jagaban.html
Thanks I'll visit your site nw
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by importexpert(m): 6:03pm On Dec 28, 2016
innobets:

i just pray that he will open his ears wide enough to hear grin
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by Gaxx01(m): 6:10pm On Dec 28, 2016
importexpert:
Considering the skyrocketing increase in cost of living in Nigeria, one will have no option than to shed tears for both the unemployed and under employed masses. Instead of news of 20,000, 5000 or 500 people being employed, the most common news these days are either zenith bank sacking 1200 employees or first bank sacking 2400 employees or oil companies sacking 18500 people and so on. This series of downsizing by Nigerian companies is becoming too alarming and Nigerians need to embrace online alternatives for creating a sustainable income.

Today, I will be sharing with the Nairaland community 3 legitimate Online businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017

1. Affiliate marketing

this is one of the most profitable online businesses on the internet. The ideology of affiliate marketing is simple. X sells a product, I recommend the product to Y, Y buys the product based on my recommendation and X pays me a commission for bringing him a sale.
Successful affiliate marketers in the world make millions of dollars annually doing nothing but affiliate marketing. The earning potential in this business model is very high as the likes of Zack Johnson, Mark ling, john chow and many other affiliate marketers earns upward of two million dollar annually. That is about eight hundred million naira yearly.
Nigerians can learn and utilize this business model. A major advantage affiliate marketing has is that it can serve as a lifetime career if one choose to and it can be easily automated to run hands free.

2. Freelancing

This is also a very profitable online venture. The ideology behind freelancing is also simple: X is a programmer or a good writer, Y hires X to write articles for him or program, Y pays X for the services he has rendered and Y use the work as if he actually did it himself.
This is basically what freelancing is all about. You work for big companies/corporations/individuals using your special skills and you are paid for the services you rendered. This special skills range widely from translations of one language to another to singing a song, to programming, to writings of various kinds, to graphic designs, to customer service, data entries, accounting etc.
One of the major advantages of this online business model is that you do all your works from where ever you feel like, usually from the comfort of your home. Few major setbacks to this business model are that it cannot be easily automated and it is relatively time consuming.

3. Blogging

you can build a continuous income source by becoming a blogger. Simply discussing about a popular topic has the potential of driving lots of traffic to your blog, you can incorporate various sources of income to your blog.
This online business model appeals to new internet users. Success in blogging requires a lot of hard work. I am still researching the estimated population of bloggers in Nigeria but in United States alone, there are over 40million bloggers out of which only about 2% are considered very successful. By being very successful I mean being able to live the kind of lifestyle they want off their blog.
If you want to go into this business model you should be fully prepared. You should know that you are approaching an uphill task so tighten up your belt.

Conclusion

I know that the question in your mind now is which is the ideal online business among this business models. The truth about these online businesses is that they are all profitable if you are able to pay the price.

Personally, I am into affiliate marketing and partially into freelancing. The major reason why I choose the affiliate marketing business model is that it meets my personal ideal online business criteria. The criteria are:

I should be able to operate my business from anywhere. All the 3 models meet these criteria.
I should earn money while I am asleep or on a vacation. Affiliate marketing and blogging meets these criteria.
It should be easily automated to run hands free without much of my interference. Only affiliate marketing meets this best.

Pick up your business model and work on it

I will reveal to few lucky Nairalanders how to gain financial freedom through affiliate marketing in 2017. Join us at www.affiliatejagaban.com/p/jagaban.html

I have zero knowledge on afiliate marketting, pls can teach me ? From d basics, m a fast learner
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by Ajusshi: 6:10pm On Dec 28, 2016
innobets:

It was a joke buddy.
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by importexpert(m): 6:11pm On Dec 28, 2016
pxjosh:
Bro are you a freelancer on fiverr?

Mehn last night I tried using worldvpn one hour free trial to register on clickbank.. Those guys refused to send me a mail cry and I couldn't do anything, sub wasted

you can register using another email to get an extra hour trial on world vpn
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by codemaniacs: 6:24pm On Dec 28, 2016
Silentscreamer:

the one in my signature is easy grin grin
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by importexpert(m): 6:31pm On Dec 28, 2016
Gaxx01:

I have zero knowledge on afiliate marketting, pls can teach me ? From d basics, m a fast learner

yes i can teach you. i have compiled all my strategies that i use to succeed in affiliate marketing. starting from the most basic to the most advanced. you can check www.affiliatejagaban.com/p/jagaban.html your success is truly my pride

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by stevencurrency: 6:31pm On Dec 28, 2016
innobets:

not with Nigeria betting site but foriegn.. Starting with $100 @ least making $5 daily...
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by beckplanet: 6:31pm On Dec 28, 2016
Nigerians don't know about Domaining yet
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by importexpert(m): 6:32pm On Dec 28, 2016
Ajusshi:
It was a joke buddy.

i initially thought you were serious. i was already wondering the way you do your thinking grin
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by Silentscreamer(f): 6:48pm On Dec 28, 2016
importexpert:

D affiliate marketing, how does one start?
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by THYRAIN(m): 6:51pm On Dec 28, 2016
importexpert:

MMM is an hit and run business strategy. i am talking about business models that you can pursue a lifetime career on.
don't mind all this guys saying MMM i wish i could have ur contact
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by Ajusshi: 6:53pm On Dec 28, 2016
importexpert:

i initially thought you were serious. i was already wondering the way you do your thinking grin

Haha! Who takes betting serious?

...But betting on Chelsea to win these days could be serious business oh!
Up Blues joor!

1 Like

Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by emmanuelbrown26: 7:00pm On Dec 28, 2016
@op kudos to for sharing this information without selling ebook, or asking people to drop their numbers, unlike some mofos. Then am interested in blogging as a newbie how do i start
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by fxtreme(m): 7:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
importexpert:

The criteria are: I should be able to operate my business from anywhere.

Why not include a disclaimer notice in your posts. It is required by industry standards. You are not a newbie as you know the likes of Mark Ling of Affilorama.

Do well to let your prospects know fully well what they are about to get into - the hard work and time investment necessary. It indemnifies you and also helps you not earn a bad name for yourself if they fail to make success.

It takes a lot of hard work and time to begin to see success in affiliate marketing. If you are successful as you claim, then you definitely know this. Most people do not succeed in it, because they see it as an easy way to get rich quickly.

I've been doing this since 2007, I guess I'm someone worth listening to.

1 Like

Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by importexpert(m): 7:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
Silentscreamer:
D affiliate marketing, how does one start?

you can find a comprehensive information at www.affiliatejagaban.com/p/jagaban.html
Re: 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 by holyman44: 7:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
@exportexpert very few of us understand n know d value of wat u r givin out, n I must tell u dt d Nigerian youths r nt ready fr d opportunities online rather dan yahoo yahoo n betting." Soft work is a gud work"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dollar Scarcity: Traders Throng Aba, Onitsha, Lagos, Kano Markets - Punch / Obi Cubana Celebrates 46th Birthday With Lovely Pictures / I Need Plastic Containers For Cream Packaging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.