Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,657 members, 7,827,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December (23821 Views)

Fan Shot Dead At Wizkid‘s Concert, Policeman Arrested. Wizkid Reacts / Time To Put An End To SARS And Police Brutality In Southern Nigeria / How To Report Any Form Of Police Brutality In Nigeria (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I already explained why I quoted the Texas statute.

I am not your errand boy so you get to do your own research wink

Let me help with that. Every American is protected by the 5th amendment. As a police officer you'll be careful on how you conduct a search otherwise you just might let a murderer walk free in a court of law. Yes, I've seen
cases where suspects were let free when the evidence was obtained illegally by the police.

Seeing as you're a fan of the American justice system, why don't you agree with me that Nigeria's criminal code needs a revision? You probably never lived in Nigeria for a long time, if you do you'll know there's no way you're on the right side of the law with these Nigerian police officers, they harass, cajole, threaten law abiding people unnecessarily, whereas, they fear and respect well known criminals in the society.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by chiraqDemon(m): 7:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I'm pretty sure that the VP has more important things on his plate than tending to the angst of a backpack wearing youth.
Important as in what
Not just one backpack wearing youth
Do u know how many backpack wearing youth have been assaulted by law enforcement for no reason?
Do u know how many INNOCENT BACKPACK WEARING YOUTHS have died in the hands of untrained gun toting pigs
What is more important than trying to stop it
Is looting and putting public funds to personal use more important?
Maybe u have never been a victim of police brutality cos i have and till u experience it first hand or lose someone then keep quiet
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I'm pretty sure that the VP has more important things on his plate than tending to the angst of a backpack wearing youth.

As you clamour for uprising, please spend some time on YouTube to view the results of wars, uprisings, etc

If they VP thinks he has more important things than having the rights of every citizen protected from police excesses then he's a douchebag.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by akudinaobi(m): 7:37pm On Dec 29, 2016
Thank God for your life ,but serious anambra is my state , when ever am in that state I do humbly my self to the core even to vigillante boys,
I belive you guys triggerd the mad man , 1st you where 5 boys in a car that was tinted

2ndly he stoped you and it took you time to come down claming that you where looking for your tinted parmit

3dly during serching that is not yet concluded you ask your boy to took his bag and walk away without searching with notion that his house is now closer , you could have allowed the mad cop to satisfy his ego

And lastly you sopouse to know that nkpor junction is not a smilling zone ,so when you sighted the men in black ,you could have tipp them as xmass gift and drove away

Pls next time , your life is precious , don't cause what will make you to drag a korked rifle with a mad cop

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by chiraqDemon(m): 7:49pm On Dec 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I explained why I quoted Texas penal code.

These codes are actually loosely valid for Nigeria.
So what can one do when a drunk amd angry nigerian policeman cocks his gun and threatens to shoot and kill....if only they would invest in dashboard cams and then if only somebody wont divide the money and take 90% of it for himself and share the remaining 10% among his subordinates
We need help....i dont even think fellow humans can even help naija...even God sef fit don tire to try
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by slex(m): 7:57pm On Dec 29, 2016
mayorkent:
lol maybe my pops na police man,

Well, it happens. It is well with you bruv
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by cybriz82(m): 7:59pm On Dec 29, 2016
[quote author=legendprac post=52361779]

The guy who wanted to leave... His actions were not the best...
But, all happened in the presence of the policeman.

And that was no reason why he should be assaulted. And definitely no reason why I should have been a few seconds away from death...

The policemen know we don't do anything when they kill us, they actually said so that night.
This line of reasoning is the reason we are suffering this.

bro u may b right duh bt wen iz cme to naija police b der madness just dey look dem like mumu.assumin he pull d triger n d shit hit u..n dey turn arnd n pull d trigger on ur frnds to shut der mouth.by nw who wll b here to tell us d story.

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
chiraqDemon:

Important as in what
Not just one backpack wearing youth
Do u know how many backpack wearing youth have been assaulted by law enforcement for no reason?
Do u know how many INNOCENT BACKPACK WEARING YOUTHS have died in the hands of untrained gun toting pigs
What is more important than trying to stop it
Is looting and putting public funds to personal use more important?
Maybe u have never been a victim of police brutality cos i have and till u experience it first hand or lose someone then keep quiet

You were making sense until your suggestion for me to keep quiet.

Sad and disappointing that you asshats have no tolerance for anyone that doesn't share your point of view.

This is why we are where we are today as a nation.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 29, 2016
chiraqDemon:

So what can one do when a drunk amd angry nigerian policeman cocks his gun and threatens to shoot and kill....if only they would invest in dashboard cams and then if only somebody wont divide the money and take 90% of it for himself and share the remaining 10% among his subordinates
We need help....i dont even think fellow humans can even help naija...even God sef fit don tire to try

My thinking is not from the point of the Policemen cocks his firearm.

I start from the time that the encounter starts. What did the citizen do to provoke the cocking of the gun? Was he trying to disarm the policeman as was written by OP?

Many many Nigerians encounter Policemen and go about their way.

I've been stopped by Policemen many times. I've had to show them all sorts of paperwork including tint permit for factory tint no less. I've opened my trunk/boot to show wetin I carry. Not once have I dragged his service weapon with him.

I agree that we need help though. We need the IGP to institute community policing.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 29, 2016
akudinaobi:
Thank God for your life ,but serious anambra is my state , when ever am in that state I do humbly my self to the core even to vigillante boys,
I belive you guys triggerd the mad man , 1st you where 5 boys in a car that was tinted

2ndly he stoped you and it took you time to come down claming that you where looking for your tinted parmit

3dly during serching that is not yet concluded you ask your boy to took his bag and walk away without searching with notion that his house is now closer , you could have allowed the mad cop to satisfy his ego

And lastly you sopouse to know that nkpor junction is not a smilling zone ,so when you sighted the men in black ,you could have tipp them as xmass gift and drove away

Pls next time , your life is precious , don't cause what will make you to drag a korked rifle with a mad cop

I couldn't have worded it any better.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 29, 2016
Phlegmwash:

If they VP thinks he has more important things than having the rights of every citizen protected from police excesses then he's a douchebag .

I doubt that his congregation would agree with you wink

Mr. VP, please focus on greater things that will push Nigeria forward. Employment, infrastructure, agriculture, social welfare, etc
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by dokiOloye(m): 8:22pm On Dec 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

You're wasting your talent on Nairaland, you should set up a practice grin

It's deemed controversial because it goes against your own line of thought.

#NotSheeple smiley
Don't have Ur time.
Sail oooooooooon.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
Phlegmwash:

Let me help with that. Every American is protected by the 5th amendment. As a police officer you'll be careful on how you conduct a search otherwise you just might let a murderer walk free in a court of law. Yes, I've seen
cases where suspects were let free when the evidence was obtained illegally by the police.

Seeing as you're a fan of the American justice system, why don't you agree with me that Nigeria's criminal code needs a revision? You probably never lived in Nigeria for a long time, if you do you'll know there's no way you're on the right side of the law with these Nigerian police officers, they harass, cajole, threaten law abiding people unnecessarily, whereas, they fear and respect well known criminals in the society.

I requested nor need any help from you.

It doesn't matter where I live. There is nowhere in the world where it is not a criminal offense for a civilian that is being interrogated and attempts to disarm a peace officer during the performance of his duty.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
dokiOloye:
Don't have Ur time.
Sail oooooooooon.

Sure thing, tuck tail and run grin
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
musa7m:
went for his gun to stop him, as he seemed hell bent on shooting....do you hear your seif....who are you to go for his gun? If you try that with me..beliv me I will fire .....if you not a soja or a policeman don't Quote me

I am in fact shocked that the OP is still alive to yab. I would like to commend the police officer for showing great and couragious restraint.

He was very very lucky.

The sad thing is that he doesn't even realize how lucky he is and is still on social network lamenting.

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by ceasare: 8:28pm On Dec 29, 2016
legendprac:
Lalas.ticlala lalasticlala
Seu.n seun

Please I'm pleading for this to get to the front page.
We might not have weapons to fight, but we have our voices.

It could be anyone tomorrow. I could be me, it could be you.

Let our voices be heard

Report to their CRU portal on whatsapp and twitter.
Possibly gt a lawyer to pettition d CP of anambra and copy d IG.
All these human rights NGO can help too.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by andyanders: 8:29pm On Dec 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

This is an astute and reasonable question.

Frankly, it is my opinion that the OP single-handedly escalated the situation to the level that it reached regardless of the fairy tale he chose to weave on here. It did not have to reach that level of breakdown of law and order. Can you imagine that while he is being interrogated, he himself is interrogating his passenger as to how the passenger is going to depart the scene of a police investigation? The nerve!

What do I expect him to do at the point of execution? He needs to use his best judgment. But the shouldn't expect me to cuddle him at that point on any decision because he has behaved like an unreasonable citizen.

Also, you should note that no police officer has the right to start slapping/beating any one who is never a risk to him. They were not armed and also obeyed their order to come down for a search.
In a sane country, the police officer on duty would first, stop them, greet them, if he wants, then ask them either to come down or for their papers. If he suspects them, ask them to come down and search them. If found with any incriminating object, can order for their arrest. By having to start harassing them with his gun is an abuse.By having to start beating and slapping the guy, while under the influence of alcohol is another offense.

Most Nigerian Police officers while on duty can be found drinking alcohol to the full notice of the public and they do not care.That is why you see most of them killing innocent citizens because they are under the influence of drugs and alcohol. Most of them smoke marijuana(Igbo)
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 29, 2016
andyanders:

Alos, you should note that no police officer has the right to start slapping/beating any one who is never a risk to him. They were not armed and also obeyed their order to come down for a search.
In a sane country, the police officer on duty would first, stop them, greet them, if he wants, then ask them either to come down or for their papers. If he suspects them, ask them to come down and search them. If found with any incriminating object, can order for their arrest. By having to start harassing them with his gun is an abuse.By having to start beating and slapping the guy, while under the influence of alcohol is another offense.

Most Nigerian Police officers while on duty can be found drinking alcohol to the full notice of the public and they do not care.That is why you see most of them killing innocent citizens because they are under the influence of drugs and alcohol. Most of them smoke marijuana(Igbo)

I deduced from the OP's post that he was arrogant (remember he attempted to take over the scene by directing his passenger to leave the scene) during the stop.

I'm not holding brief for the police officers because there are some ruthless vagabonds in their midst. But on this traffic stop, I ask myself why the anomaly? Why this OP was single out from the hordes of Nigerians that passed through the checkpoint?

The single most written statement on here is that NPF are insane, drug and alcohol ingesting muthers. If so why are we dragging their service weapons?

I've never once stated that the OP should be slapped or beat. But he escaped death when he attempted to disarm the officer.

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by chiraqDemon(m): 8:38pm On Dec 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Many many Nigerians encounter Policemen and go about their way.

I've been stopped by Policemen many times. I've had to show them all sorts of paperwork including tint permit for factory tint no less. I've opened my trunk/boot to show wetin I carry. Not once have I dragged his service weapon with him.

U might have never experienced a drunk one
I got slapped for having a chief keef video on my phone and when i asked why i got more slaps...i complied with his order to give him my phone so i could avoid trouble in the first place, despite knowing my rights and knowing that he had no right to search my phone...so did i do anything bad by being a fan of chiwf keef's music......and this guy was normal, so imagine if he was drunk and cocked his gun...
There are few bad eggs in the police but the whole system needs to be restructured to better investigate and root em out
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by dokiOloye(m): 8:43pm On Dec 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I requested nor need any help from you.

It doesn't matter where I live. There is nowhere in the world where it is not a criminal offense for a civilian that is being interrogated and attempts to disarm a peace officer during the performance of his duty.
Does d incidence d OP narrated correspond with what U have just typed?
U r sick in d head,sorry to say that.

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I doubt that his congregation would agree with you wink

Mr. VP, please focus on greater things that will push Nigeria forward. Employment, infrastructure, agriculture, social welfare, etc

The douchebag comment was actually meant for you if you read between the lines.
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by iPopAlomo(m): 9:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

You're reaching in an illogical and obtuse manner.

Typical wink

If you were in the OP's shoes... you'll do worse... and yes... you lack comprehension... sorry... it's just fact...
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 29, 2016
iPopAlomo:

If you were in the OP's shoes... you'll do worse... and yes... you lack comprehension... sorry... it's just fact...

It's not a fact but an opinion which doesn't apply to me.

You lack the capacity to make cognitive reasoning.

Sorry that you're butt hurt but you'll get over it I'm sure wink
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
Phlegmwash:

Thank you, I take it as a compliment.

Have a nice day grin
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 29, 2016
dokiOloye:
Does d incidence d OP narrated correspond with what U have just typed?
U r sick in d head,sorry to say that.

dokiOloye:
Don't have Ur time.
Sail oooooooooon.

I thought you were sailing on?

How's the water? grin
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 29, 2016
chiraqDemon:

U might have never experienced a drunk one
I got slapped for having a chief keef video on my phone and when i asked why i got more slaps...i complied with his order to give him my phone so i could avoid trouble in the first place, despite knowing my rights and knowing that he had no right to search my phone...so did i do anything bad by being a fan of chiwf keef's music......and this guy was normal, so imagine if he was drunk and cocked his gun...
There are few bad eggs in the police but the whole system needs to be restructured to better investigate and root em out

These things happen.

I have no comment or opinion on yours. We're dissecting the OP's grin
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by iPopAlomo(m): 9:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

It's not a fact but an opinion which doesn't apply to me.
You lack the capacity to make cognitive reasoning.
Sorry that you're butt hurt but you'll get over it I'm sure wink

Salaam inspector Mogaji... I engage humans only... I mistook you for one... wink

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 29, 2016
iPopAlomo:

Salaam inspector Mogaji... I engage humans only... I mistook you for one... wink

Eeyah - kpele o

Excellent, enjoy and be safe out there wink

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by galantjoe(m): 1:17am On Dec 30, 2016
EgunMogaji:

My comprehension skill is intact so I don't need to read the story again.

It's clear our opinions differ and there's nothing wrong with that.

Hundreds if not thousands of citizens passed through that checkpoint, what made him so lucky to the point of imminent execution?

two wrongs cannot make right

there is golden rule for armed personnel. never argue with them. dont mediate between them and civilian instead ask the civilian to obey them or look for sane one among them to intervene.

if the gun is given to u you will do the same. so respect them. remain calm. obey them absolutely even if you re right. allow them to do their job

1 Like

Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by Commonsense101(m): 1:28am On Dec 30, 2016
Phlegmwash:

Lmfao, dude that was evil
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by micfoley: 2:23am On Dec 30, 2016
I see a few policemen on this thread.

Mr Praise, I thank God u are alive.Many. Nigerian policemen are simply no longer human. Most on night duty are under the influence of alcohol or even hard drugs so expecting them to behave rationally is out of the question.

You did well to memorize their names so they'll get whatever coming to them.
The last IT established a Facebook page and twitter handle where complaints like these can be lodged. Please Google and do the needful.
Get well soon
Re: Police Brutality: How I Was Almost Shot Dead At Nkpo Junction On 26th December by tit(f): 3:39am On Dec 30, 2016
They will succeed the next time they get you.
So,
Shoot them before they shoot you.

No tell me say you no get gun.
Na only tree dey tanda till them cut am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CAC Pastor Stabbed To Death In Lagos By Unknown Persons / Dr Felix Ekpo Kidnapped In Akwa Ibom. ₦2.5 Million Ransom Demanded (Photo) / ‘Robber Charmed SARS Operatives To Escape From Custody’ - Robber's Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.