Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,678 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite (38025 Views)

Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today / Police Foil Robbery Attack At Zenith Bank In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Robbers Attack Union Bank In Delta With Dynamite, Cart Off N25m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by buJu234: 8:31am On Dec 29, 2016
Jamesmatic:
undecided

because they refused to take responsibility for their actions
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by ajbf: 8:32am On Dec 29, 2016
Explorers:

A terrorist that wants to blow up a structure like this will bring the bomb activate and detonate within 10mins or he will be spotted.

Now, its true that Dynamites are used to blast rocks or concretes, but do you consider the time the detonators will spend in placing, connecting, and wiring the bombs or dynamites?

Now on busy bridge like this, terrorists will have to go under the bridge with the dynamite, placing the bombs, connecting and wiring them to almost 4 - 5 pillars before detonating them.

To do this, they will spend hours and how is that possible without being spotted?

There is this channel where they air how they demolish buildings with explosives, they spend days setting the dynamites and dynamites brought in truck not in sedan.

They did one in Lagos years back.

cc: ajbf, brendaniel
Exactly
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by hekinz82375(m): 8:33am On Dec 29, 2016
Jamesmatic:
undecided
Cos we are the peace maker....if yoruba is not among the two tribes them go don separate taye taye

1 Like

Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by Ecosystem4u: 8:35am On Dec 29, 2016
Semper247:

You don't need to piss on urself because he is Yoruba. As far as yorubas are concerned, this idiot can rot in hell, we don't condone nonsense here. If he were ur own people over there, u would have been shouting "leave us alone, na our bridge he wan blow", "President Buhari, stop the intimidation, face the Fulani herdsmen " and all sort of nonsense...

We have morals here, we always want the good of the country

You are a goddam eternal lier!!!!!! who told u we sympathise with terrorism. This news have put all of u to shame. Chameleon lyk u. The first tym am to see an Afonja terrorist what does he want to do ? blow up his own people. Thats how accomodating u guys are. Omo ale jatijati
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by stinechykee: 8:41am On Dec 29, 2016
Pprovost:

So the Muslims among the Igbos are fake too?
Yes ofcos.Any Igbo man that claim Muslim guy run for your dear life cos Igbos will never fit in as a Muslim

2 Likes

Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by Coraje(m): 8:46am On Dec 29, 2016
I could have smashed his head on the wall behind him if I were taking this picture
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by LawFight(m): 8:51am On Dec 29, 2016
Nigeria police can lie,when DSS said they arrest the third world terrorist, Army dismantle BH stronghold in sambisa forest. even police will say something now.so FG will not complain , they are useless .I can never trust Nigeria police,they arrest one guy at ikorodu for not give them 50naria.and now parading him as a militant. God save us.
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by layi(m): 8:52am On Dec 29, 2016
This guy looks like an armed robber to me. Those dynamites are probably to blow up Bank doors.
See him face . Bastard
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by sammhi(m): 9:01am On Dec 29, 2016
Liars !
One man only ?
Chai this people just believe we are fools
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by TeleboiZ005(m): 9:03am On Dec 29, 2016
Observing....

Can u c me
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by Sheuns(m): 9:09am On Dec 29, 2016
Explorers:
Thank God o, but can dynamites do that?

To blow up a bridge like that, you need a payload/nuke.

Not something you will put in a trunk of a sedan.
Don't underestimate dynamites o. He only needs to put a lot on a pillar and that may collapse the entire bridge.
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by Brendaniel: 9:24am On Dec 29, 2016
Explorers:

A terrorist that wants to blow up a structure like this will bring the bomb activate and detonate within 10mins or he will be spotted.

Now, its true that Dynamites are used to blast rocks or concretes, but do you consider the time the detonators will spend in placing, connecting, and wiring the bombs or dynamites?

Now on busy bridge like this, terrorists will have to go under the bridge with the dynamite, placing the bombs, connecting and wiring them to almost 4 - 5 pillars before detonating them.

To do this, they will spend hours and how is that possible without being spotted?

There is this channel where they air how they demolish buildings with explosives, they spend days setting the dynamites and dynamites brought in truck not in sedan.

They did one in Lagos years back.

cc: ajbf, brendaniel

That's part of the problem we have in Nigeria, we take things with very little care...

I have studied people and crime especially in Nigeria, what I found out is that a lot crimes people commit, most offenders don't know the gravity of the type of offence they are committing or about to commit, most times they don't even know what it takes to carry out a perfect job...

They also work with assumptions, that's why you hear of failed kidnap attempt, then successful ones but later caught, check out what the police used in catching them, very little evidence that should have been taken care of by them, the reason is a lot of them are not informed or would I say knowledgeable enough to know what technology can and not do. E.g imagine having a successful kidnap operation and a member of the gang steals the persons phone with the sim and gives it to his girlfriend to use with the sim..

What am I trying to say, sometimes this guy's don't know what it takes to successfully carry out a very technical operation, but that does not rule out their motive, what you said here is trying to compare individuals who know what it takes to carry out a successful operation and people working with assumptions thinking that they can achieve a goal.

However one shouldn't overrule the fact that a less informed person can carry out a successful operation with mistakes involved, it may be 100 percent or not but could cause a lot of damage, destruction is far easier than building, organised destruction is harder than a disorganised destruction, what I'm saying is I've watched the program you are talking about, they brought down the bank of industry building in Lagos, that was an organised destruction, they didn't want any other building to be destroyed, that's why it took them that long with lots of calculations and so many guidelines to follow, but remember if a terrorist was to take down that building he might strap himself on a bomb in few minutes run into the building and detonate, of course the building will come down but other buildings will be affected and it will be so disorganised.

That's why I said one shouldn't take it kid gloves and say it cannot take down the bridge, in terrorism a lot can happen, every little information is very vital and should be taken as much as a very big one, because a little damage could trigger a bigger damage... E.g a grenade or dynamite explosion in a plane is a as bad as a missile hitting it, why? It is a very sensitive element a little damage can trigger the whole plane to crash, that's why terrorist this days don't go for elements that will look like exhibits, they try as much as possible to look for things that can pass for everyday use turn it to weapon and look for a soft location that can trigger bigger damage. E.g the Berlin attack.

Note: if you look at the package in that picture, it's dynamite that was imported from China, I'm sure dynamites are not banned from importation in Nigeria because of rock blasting( I may be wrong though).

Another thing is our police and security agencies, it could also be that the guy is innocent, maybe he bought dynamites for rock blasting and they arrested him as a terrorist, you know how our police behaves, let's not also rule that out, however it shouldn't be taken with kid gloves.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by mfm04622: 9:28am On Dec 29, 2016
lielbree:
Here is to the yorubas trying to put this on us

GO FÙCK YOURSELVES!
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by mfm04622: 9:32am On Dec 29, 2016
[quote author=Vanpascore post=52348565]A bastard! Yorubas dont destroy, we ar known for peace and that is d main reason why other ethnic groups in Nigeria concentrate on our land. Son of a beast!!![/quote
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by dmj4real(m): 9:34am On Dec 29, 2016
Cessa0:
nw hez a Christian, not a single religious criticism ws seen frm d comments above... but if he happened to bear a muslim name, they'll put it on deir head lyk pple selling gala...

"if i do sth wrong, blame me not my religion"

how is this too hard for pple to assimilate

may God bless u for this comment ..... dey are bloody hypocrite
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by palsenator(m): 9:40am On Dec 29, 2016
Explorers:
Thank God o, but can dynamites do that?

To blow up a bridge like that, you need a payload/nuke.

Not something you will put in a trunk of a sedan.
Dynamite can blow up the bridge... If planted under the bridge. All that is needed is the ripple effect .
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by nairamaniac: 9:42am On Dec 29, 2016
bibiking7:

I think he needs more of C4. That bridge is kinda strong.

are u trying to inspire them further? Or is this something u have done before? undecided

1 Like

Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by googlepikins: 9:48am On Dec 29, 2016
Vanpascore:
A bastard! Yorubas dont destroy, we ar known for peace and that is d main reason why other ethnic groups in Nigeria concentrate on our land. Son of a beast!!!
yorubbers have Muslims too, so you people are terrorist and should be bomb and destroy
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by nairamaniac: 9:50am On Dec 29, 2016
deflover:

Yes it can if placed in the right pivot points
militant "spotted". shocked
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 29, 2016
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by wyqay: 10:19am On Dec 29, 2016
Jamesmatic:
undecided
Igbo are most confused people in the world because irrespective of their religion they still can't do away with IDOL worship
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 29, 2016
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by deflover(m): 10:22am On Dec 29, 2016
nairamaniac:
militant "spotted". shocked

Go to skool
Na agbero work you wan do

A few read on physics would teach you that
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 29, 2016
Cessa0:
nw hez a Christian, not a single religious criticism ws seen frm d comments above... but if he happened to bear a muslim name, they'll put it on deir head lyk pple selling gala...

Wi yu ki kwayet. Did he intended to carry out the evil plan in the name of Jesus and Christians. They are different even if evil is evil. The classification is necessary in order to know where to sanction and uproot the evil socially
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by youngice(m): 10:40am On Dec 29, 2016
deflover:

Yes it can if placed in the right pivot points
Does he have the structural background knowledge
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by Iamthoney(m): 10:47am On Dec 29, 2016
Cessa0:

Do you know that ISLAMABAD?
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by herich(m): 10:47am On Dec 29, 2016
hez a Christian, not a single religious criticism ws seen frm d comments above... but if he happened to bear a muslim name, they'll put it on deir head lyk pple selling gala...

how is this too hard for pple to assimilate.

Do u knw why?
A muslim, after a successful destruction , will come out, praise, thank Allah and celebrate with the name of Allah and speaks how they were inspired by religion but a christian, wil never relatate his religion/God, with the crime he committed. if caught in the act, he will blame the devil or hardship as the cause of his act. Can u nw understand the reason?
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by refreshrate: 10:53am On Dec 29, 2016
Cessa0:

Aunty,
When it's consistent
When they shout Allahu Akbar at point of destruction
When other Muslim's keep quiet or even try to deny the existence of such action

It's only natural for people to blame our religion.

Now use the above list to measure what this YORUBA man tried to do, does it tally?

It's denial like this that makes others continue to tarnish "your" religion

Do the appropriate thing please and please stop assimilating cattle dung thank you
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by nairamaniac: 11:03am On Dec 29, 2016
deflover:

Go to skool
Na agbero work you wan do

A few read on physics would teach you that

Educated-militant-with-physics-degree-from-amnesty-scholarship, "SPOTTED" undecided
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by deflover(m): 11:26am On Dec 29, 2016
nairamaniac:

Educated-militant-with-physics-degree-from-amnesty-scholarship, "SPOTTED" undecided

A product of agbero sperm mixed with argbo Jedi seller spotted
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 29, 2016
He is a Niger-Delta guy as well, read again, he hails frm the Niger-Delta part of ondo state, so the blood flows in him angry
Weselion:
Why will a Yoruba man join Niger Delta militants? Well, they are security officials, they know better.
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 29, 2016
Baba wa jere lipsrsealed
Semper247:

You don't need to piss on urself because he is Yoruba. As far as yorubas are concerned, this idiot can rot in hell, we don't condone nonsense here. If he were ur own people over there, u would have been shouting "leave us alone, na our bridge he wan blow", "President Buhari, stop the intimidation, face the Fulani herdsmen " and all sort of nonsense...

We have morals here, we always want the good of the country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Transformer Thief In Borno Apprehended After Surviving Electrocution .. Graphic / Armed Robbers Shutdown Highway In Imo State / Man Gruesomely Murdered By Cultist In Ikorodu Area Of Lagos.. Very Graphic Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.