Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite (38036 Views)

Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today / Police Foil Robbery Attack At Zenith Bank In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Robbers Attack Union Bank In Delta With Dynamite, Cart Off N25m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by Akkord4gov: 11:51am On Dec 29, 2016
Cessa0:
nw hez a Christian, not a single religious criticism ws seen frm d comments above... but if he happened to bear a muslim name, they'll put it on deir head lyk pple selling gala...

"if i do sth wrong, blame me not my religion"

how is this too hard for pple to assimilate

God bless you. You made a great point. What an intelligent lady/woman u are...
Don't mind them,common sense isn't for all.
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by lielbree: 11:54am On Dec 29, 2016
mfm04622:

Did you read at all? The terrorist is an Ijaw, not Yoruba
Abiodu Amos is ijaw?
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by greeners222(m): 11:57am On Dec 29, 2016
First of, most of us here don't even know we have some Special force that knows who criminals are. All we are chanting on is the guy is a Yoruba or Christian and can't be a militant. Senti has been one of the high profile ijaw's around Oke oko ikorodu area with his boss General Ossy. So if u guys don't know shit u just read and leave. About them being Afonja's or not. I'm sure u people know some Ijaw's r from Ondo and they bear yoruba name. These r the people that have been on ther wanted list. Or do u think they just stop him and found d dynamite. I hate comments on here. This is not about who's militant. Ijaw's in ikorodu general Ossy is real and they know them well. For u people chanting they not Ijaw they r yoruba or not xtian they r Muslim u don't read news at all.
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by progress69: 12:42pm On Dec 29, 2016
Explorers:

A terrorist that wants to blow up a structure like this will bring the bomb activate and detonate within 10mins or he will be spotted.

Now, its true that Dynamites are used to blast rocks or concretes, but do you consider the time the detonators will spend in placing, connecting, and wiring the bombs or dynamites?

Now on busy bridge like this, terrorists will have to go under the bridge with the dynamite, placing the bombs, connecting and wiring them to almost 4 - 5 pillars before detonating them.

To do this, they will spend hours and how is that possible without being spotted?

There is this channel where they air how they demolish buildings with explosives, they spend days setting the dynamites and dynamites brought in truck not in sedan.

They did one in Lagos years back.

cc: ajbf, brendaniel

Erm...civil engineer or demolishion expert undecided. Calm down

All this one you are speaking is gramma. I am not sure anyone was planning to bring the whole of 3rd mainland bridhe down. A compromise of just a little section can be disastrous, asides from the hardship and phycological truama plus fear that will be induced on lagosians and Nigeria as a whole, which is the main objective of an attack. Casualty, fear, and psychological trauma.
We are not talking of a controlled demolition here. Just a big gash or opening in any section of the bridge can cause a lot of damages and casualties. Even the sound of explosion without expected consequences by the terrorists is enough to send down shivers. You seem to be talking like someone who has never plyed that bridge or probably u plyed once or twice. The bridge is very very porous especially at night when the sea below and the bridge itself is virtually empty. Abi bros u dey do night patrol for water? Your analogy and assertions really do not fit in here.
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by progress69: 12:43pm On Dec 29, 2016
Brendaniel:

That's part of the problem we have in Nigeria, we take things with very little care...

I have studied people and crime especially in Nigeria, what I found out is that a lot crimes people commit, most offenders don't know the gravity of the type of offence they are committing or about to commit, most times they don't even know what it takes to carry out a perfect job...

They also work with assumptions, that's why you hear of failed kidnap attempt, then successful ones but later caught, check out what the police used in catching them, very little evidence that should have been taken care of by them, the reason is a lot of them are not informed or would I say knowledgeable enough to know what technology can and not do. E.g imagine having a successful kidnap operation and a member of the gang steals the persons phone with the sim and gives it to his girlfriend to use with the sim..

What am I trying to say, sometimes this guy's don't know what it takes to successfully carry out a very technical operation, but that does not rule out their motive, what you said here is trying to compare individuals who know what it takes to carry out a successful operation and people working with assumptions thinking that they can achieve a goal.

However one shouldn't overrule the fact that a less informed person can carry out a successful operation with mistakes involved, it may be 100 percent or not but could cause a lot of damage, destruction is far easier than building, organised destruction is harder than a disorganised destruction, what I'm saying is I've watched the program you are talking about, they brought down the bank of industry building in Lagos, that was an organised destruction, they didn't want any other building to be destroyed, that's why it took them that long with lots of calculations and so many guidelines to follow, but remember if a terrorist was to take down that building he might strap himself on a bomb in few minutes run into the building and detonate, of course the building will come down but other buildings will be affected and it will be so disorganised.

That's why I said one shouldn't take it kid gloves and say it cannot take down the bridge, in terrorism a lot can happen, every little information is very vital and should be taken as much as a very big one, because a little damage could trigger a bigger damage... E.g a grenade or dynamite explosion in a plane is a as bad as a missile hitting it, why? It is a very sensitive element a little damage can trigger the whole plane to crash, that's why terrorist this days don't go for elements that will look like exhibits, they try as much as possible to look for things that can pass for everyday use turn it to weapon and look for a soft location that can trigger bigger damage. E.g the Berlin attack.

Note: if you look at the package in that picture, it's dynamite that was imported from China, I'm sure dynamites are not banned from importation in Nigeria because of rock blasting( I may be wrong though).

Another thing is our police and security agencies, it could also be that the guy is innocent, maybe he bought dynamites for rock blasting and they arrested him as a terrorist, you know how our police behaves, let's not also rule that out, however it shouldn't be taken with kid gloves.
bro u too much. I already gave him an answer here. Many ITK dey this forum.
progress69:

Erm...civil engineer or demolishion expert undecided. Calm down

All this one you are speaking is gramma. I am not sure anyone was planning to bring the whole of 3rd mainland bridhe down. A compromise of just a little section can be disastrous, asides from the hardship and phycological truama plus fear that will be induced on lagosians and Nigeria as a whole, which is the main objective of an attack. Casualty, fear, and psychological trauma.
We are not talking of a controlled demolition here. Just a big gash or opening in any section of the bridge can cause a lot of damages and casualties. Even the sound of explosion without expected consequences by the terrorists is enough to send down shivers. You seem to be talking like someone who has never plyed that bridge or probably u plyed once or twice. The bridge is very very porous especially at night when the sea below and the bridge itself is virtually empty. Abi bros u dey do night patrol for water? Your analogy and assertions really do not fit in here.
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by Vanpascore(m): 2:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
googlepikins:
yorubbers have Muslims too, so you people are terrorist and should be bomb and destroy
So all Muslims are terrorist? That is another area where we ar better. We have muslims, christians and d traditionalists who leave together under the same roof in yoruba land. You will never hear us fighting because we reason more than d religion itself . Mind yu Asari Dokubo is also a muslim and he is not a yoruba or hausa by tribe.
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
Explorers:
Thank God o, but can dynamites do that?

To blow up a bridge like that, you need a payload/nuke.

Not something you will put in a trunk of a sedan.

it doesn't need a large fire power, just something good enough to compromise the bridge at a strategic point.
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by aiyawale: 3:02pm On Dec 29, 2016
Cessa0:
nw hez a Christian, not a single religious criticism ws seen frm d comments above... but if he happened to bear a muslim name, they'll put it on deir head lyk pple selling gala...

"if i do sth wrong, blame me not my religion"

how is this too hard for pple to assimilate
abeg help me ask them. Note !!! the more you hate ISLAM, the more ISLAM thrived because it is the only true Religion Recognized by Almighty.
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by nairamaniac: 3:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
deflover:

A product of agbero sperm mixed with argbo Jedi seller spotted
an ardent/addicted patroniser of argbo jedi jedi medicine, spotted grin
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by steryj(m): 3:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
lielbree:
Here is to the yorubas trying to put this on us

GO FÙCK YOURSELVES!
He is an ijaw man. They adopted Yoruba names. (Arogbo ijaw) They are born criminals. They are yoruba haters like yourself. Their waterloo is here!
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by Brendaniel: 5:50pm On Dec 29, 2016
progress69:
bro u too much. I already gave him an answer here. Many ITK dey this forum.

Bro we take a lot of things for granted in this country, so sad a lot of our youths are also playing along....

1 Like

Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by Ehinmola(m): 6:44pm On Dec 29, 2016
We thank God that he was apprehended. Men and officers of NPF please keep it up. God bless you all.
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by 2mNaira: 10:58am On Dec 30, 2016
Jamesmatic:
undecided

He is not Yoruba. He is Ijaw. There are Ijaw natives who are in Ondo digenes of State.
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by 2mNaira: 10:59am On Dec 30, 2016
He is not Yoruba. He is Ijaw. There are Ijaw natives who are in Ondo digenes of State
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by 2mNaira: 11:00am On Dec 30, 2016
Vanpascore:
A bastard! Yorubas dont destroy, we ar known for peace and that is d main reason why other ethnic groups in Nigeria concentrate on our land. Son of a beast!!!

He is not Yoruba. He is Ijaw. There are Ijaw natives who are in Ondo digenes of State

1 Like

Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by 2mNaira: 11:03am On Dec 30, 2016
koolcat:
Hmmmm afonjas don dey compromise to blow their own people......odikwaegwu.!
He is not Yoruba. He is Ijaw. There are Ijaw natives who are in Ondo state indigenes

1 Like

Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by 2mNaira: 11:04am On Dec 30, 2016
Weselion:
Why will a Yoruba man join Niger Delta militants? Well, they are security officials, they know better.

He is not Yoruba. He is Ijaw. There are Ijaw natives who are in Ondo state indigenes

1 Like

Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by 2mNaira: 11:05am On Dec 30, 2016
deflover:
He isn't ijaw He is Yoruba
His name says it all He wants to claim ijaw
We the people of south south know our people So afonjas deal with your own If my people want to bomb They bomb without being caught
Besides our oil built Lagos as part of our charity Why destroy what we gave you from our oyel......lwkmd
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by 2mNaira: 11:09am On Dec 30, 2016
ceeethru:
This guy is one of a new yoruba's up coming group,criminal or cultist,that saw militancy as a good business, they wanted attention from Lagos government to grant them amnesty there goals and purpose is to make money from Lagos state government, ijaw militants Don't have time for bridge or church or schools, there are only after oil facilities, this guy is a terrorist hence there intension is to kill the innocent for there own selfish interest.

Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by 2mNaira: 11:12am On Dec 30, 2016
Semper247:

You don't need to piss on urself because he is Yoruba. As far as yorubas are concerned, this idiot can rot in hell, we don't condone nonsense here. If he were ur own people over there, u would have been shouting "leave us alone, na our bridge he wan blow", "President Buhari, stop the intimidation, face the Fulani herdsmen " and all sort of nonsense...

We have morals here, we always want the good of the country

Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by 2mNaira: 11:15am On Dec 30, 2016
Ecosystem4u:
Trust a Yoruba man at ur own peril. When I call them hypocrites I kno wat I mean. Imagine the Afonja trying to blow up his own people. We have not seen it all yet.

Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by 2mNaira: 11:19am On Dec 30, 2016
Ecosystem4u:
ND militants are blowing up pipelines n this Yoruba man want to blow up a bridge is he not an Afonja terorrist. Trust Afonja with nothing!!!!!!!

Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by 2mNaira: 11:22am On Dec 30, 2016
Ecosystem4u:

You are a goddam eternal lier!!!!!! who told u we sympathise with terrorism. This news have put all of u to shame. Chameleon lyk u. The first tym am to see an Afonja terrorist what does he want to do ? blow up his own people. Thats how accomodating u guys are. Omo ale jatijati

Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by 2mNaira: 11:28am On Dec 30, 2016
mfm04622:

Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by 2mNaira: 11:30am On Dec 30, 2016
googlepikins:
yorubbers have Muslims too, so you people are terrorist and should be bomb and destroy

Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by 2mNaira: 11:33am On Dec 30, 2016
refreshrate:

Aunty,
When it's consistent
When they shout Allahu Akbar at point of destruction
When other Muslim's keep quiet or even try to deny the existence of such action

It's only natural for people to blame our religion.

Now use the above list to measure what this YORUBA man tried to do, does it tally?

It's denial like this that makes others continue to tarnish "your" religion

Do the appropriate thing please and please stop assimilating cattle dung thank you

Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 30, 2016
mnairaland:

Oh.. Okay. Because I was just wondering why.
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by Ecosystem4u: 12:23pm On Dec 30, 2016
mnairaland:

Another pained looser may be Ijaws now answer Yoruba names. Mofo lyk u. U guys suck, you can never accept or own up to ur crime. The rest of the SOUTH detest and hate u guys so much. Yorubas are more HYPOCRITICAL THAN THE DEVIL!!!!!!
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by Ecosystem4u: 12:32pm On Dec 30, 2016
@mnairaland go n bury ur head in shame u n the rest of ur Tiger-clawed face Afonjas. Ur campaign against TRUTH on this platform will not succeed. A Yoruba terrorist was captured n all u can do with ur SHITTY SWELLED YORUBA FACE is come hia n say he is Ijaw. Ur Omonile criminals and Owoda touts all over accoursed Yoruba land are Ijaws too. Abi?
Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by googlepikins: 12:53pm On Dec 30, 2016
mnairaland:

so he's not from Ondo state abi?

Re: Police Foil Plot To Blast 3rd Mainland Bridge With Dynamite by 2mNaira: 3:52pm On Dec 30, 2016
Ecosystem4u:
@mnairaland go n bury ur head in shame u n the rest of ur Tiger-clawed face Afonjas. Ur campaign against TRUTH on this platform will not succeed. A Yoruba terrorist was captured n all u can do with ur SHITTY SWELLED YORUBA FACE is come hia n say he is Ijaw. Ur Omonile criminals and Owoda touts all over accoursed Yoruba land are Ijaws too. Abi?

Please read my post on the page whose link is pasted below.You will find all the answers you need. I wish you a pleasant day.

https://www.nairaland.com/3434874/grant-us-amnesty-well-cripple/2#50602148

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SARS Officers Shoot Shop Owner Dead In Lagos / Court Remands 29-Year-Old Man For Sexually Penetrating 9-Year-Old Boy In Lagos / Police Arrest Armed Robber Who Dresses Like A Lunatic To Kidnap And Rob Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.