Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,442 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today (27624 Views)

Air Peace Staff Foil Attempted Trafficking Two Babies / Security Operatives Foil Attempted Arson At Onitsha Shoprite Mall / The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by damiloladuke: 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2018
An attempted bank robbery in Ile-Ife, Osun State has been repelled by officers of the Nigeria Police Force and members of the vigilante group in the area that accommodates about 7 commercial banks.

Punch Metro reports that the robbers, who stormed the area in a Toyota Camry car and a bus, parked near a commercial bank in the area and shot continuously into the air to scare away people.

However, policemen attached to the banks and members of the vigilance groups within the vicinity responded with stronger force, forcing the robbers to beat a retreat.

“When the robbers arrived Lagere, they parked their vehicles a few meters away from the banks.

“You know, about seven commercial banks have branches in the area. At the time they arrived, activities in the area were just picking up. Customers were moving in and out of the banks.

“They suddenly began shooting into the air to scare people away; but policemen attached to the banks and vigilante boys responded with stronger force, shooting at the direction of the robbers.

“The robbers escaped through Akarabata area, Modakeke; and moved out through Ondo road.

“They were given hot chase by the combined team of policemen and vigilante boys,” a resident of Lagere, Adeolu Olagunju, said.

When contacted for reaction, Police Public Relations Officer for Osun Police Command, Folasade Odoro (SP), confirmed the incident and said that policemen were on the trail of the robbers.

“Their attempt on the banks failed. One of their vehicles was seized by our men. I have not been properly briefed. But that is the situation for now,” Odoro said.

https://lailasnews.com/bank-robbery-in-ile-ife-police-repel-attack-by-robbers/

2 Likes

Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by anonymuz(m): 2:52pm On Nov 19, 2018
Thank God. No story that touches today unlike the offa robbery.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by yommitte00(m): 3:14pm On Nov 19, 2018
Tor
Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by seuncyber(m): 3:59pm On Nov 19, 2018
The rate of robbery and killing innocent people this November is something

Na by force to drive benz

God will save us all from bad people shs

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by Naijawebmaster: 3:59pm On Nov 19, 2018
Thank God. But they should have been caught... that's the most important thing.

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.

2 Likes

Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by Haniany: 3:59pm On Nov 19, 2018
Police is working

4 Likes

Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by MrThisandthat(m): 4:00pm On Nov 19, 2018
Buharideens Right Now...

4 Likes

Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by Edgarated(m): 4:00pm On Nov 19, 2018
kudos to them...
---

3 Likes

Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by awa(m): 4:00pm On Nov 19, 2018
Dem try

2 Likes

Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by Olamsoh: 4:00pm On Nov 19, 2018
wink
Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by Enemyofpeace: 4:01pm On Nov 19, 2018
Good one

Plis I nid ya adverse.
Sumtin is to happen to me when I slept ,I saw myself folding like a baby. Plis what is mean? I'm confusing

1 Like

Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by freshboy88(m): 4:01pm On Nov 19, 2018
Kudos to them

But it's amazing how the PPR officer got update of the situation and could respond to journalist but if nah case of stray bullet or oppression by an officer, you will hear he is yet to be updated on the situation like say its a different channel such news comes from undecided

Anyways, what do I know

4 Likes

Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by TRUSTEDGUY: 4:01pm On Nov 19, 2018
The police try for this one e no easily to fight crime

2 Likes

Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by Odobaone: 4:01pm On Nov 19, 2018
They will be caught. Except the vehicle is a stolen one. Investigations will start from there

Thanks to God. No stray bullets on anyone plus unsuccessful robbery
Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by bitcoin215: 4:01pm On Nov 19, 2018
more swift actions as this from our force

ship to nigeria @ $3.5/kg
check my siggy
Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by itzprezy(m): 4:02pm On Nov 19, 2018
Afonjaaaa at it again...tufia..Yahoo Yahoo.robbery skull mining e dey their blood

4 Likes

Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by Triangles1(m): 4:02pm On Nov 19, 2018
Attempted Roberry..... Operation run for your life.
Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by itzprezy(m): 4:03pm On Nov 19, 2018
Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by gurunlocker: 4:03pm On Nov 19, 2018
Great Job from the NPF!

I believe if our police are well equipped with latest weapons, these underworld people will think trice before going for robbery.
Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by Yian1(m): 4:03pm On Nov 19, 2018
Thank God I was around Iremo road by that time.

1 Like

Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by sukerefakere(m): 4:04pm On Nov 19, 2018
Enemyofpeace:
Good one

Plis I nid ya adverse.
Sumtin is to happen to me when I slept ,I saw myself folding like a baby. Plis what is mean? I'm confusing
its been a while you slept like a baby..u need enough rest bro!
Bless up

3 Likes

Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by madapcmod: 4:04pm On Nov 19, 2018
This is how afonja used their hands to vote in trouble bc of tribalism. Next level of robbery in Afonjanistan loading, from offa robbery to Iwo robbery to ile Ife bank robbery.

Hunger no sabi who vote APC or not, stop tribal voting to end skull mining, yahoo yahoo, bank robbery that has taken over Ur land as Ur youths are now unemployed and looking for money by all means including yahoo plus.

Just a friendly advise to my afonjamudeen and afonjadijat brothers and sisters

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by legibow: 4:04pm On Nov 19, 2018
Thank God it was attempted.... And not a success... So double ur security around there and transfer staff who have stayed to long in that bank branch.... It may b an inside work..
Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by Noblex2011(m): 4:04pm On Nov 19, 2018
Hmmmmm.
Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by BruncleZuma: 4:05pm On Nov 19, 2018
wink wink wink wink
Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by yarojino: 4:05pm On Nov 19, 2018
nice one
Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by Triangles1(m): 4:05pm On Nov 19, 2018
itzprezy:
Afonjaaaa at it again...tufia..Yahoo Yahoo.robbery skull mining e dey their blood

That's why presidency can never be your generation portions bcs of hateres. I know you guys are pain

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Foil Attempted Bank Robbery In Ile-ife Today by lesbiconverter: 4:07pm On Nov 19, 2018
Saraki's election money grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thief Caught At Federal University, Wukari, Taraba, Tied & Beaten (Photos) / Man Kills His Girlfriend In Ondo For Calling Him A Lazy Youth / Suspected Stowaway Dies In Arik Air Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.