Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,750 members, 7,851,567 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:08 PM

Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? (18080 Views)

What She Got As Christmas Gift From Him - Pictured / (photos)... A Nairalander's Birthday Gift From His Girlfriend. / Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 23, 2009
^^^^ Kool! wink cheesy cheesy
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by Nezan(m): 10:15am On Nov 23, 2009
@OP; Dont let him deceive you, he is trying to secretly stage a come-back!
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by LordReed(m): 10:49am On Nov 23, 2009
Ujujoan:

Honestly, I dont give a damn about you do 'personally' with your exes. I have my reasons why I need to remain friends with him and I think my BF should understand that. If he dosen't want to, then I dont think I want to be with him! Yes, it's serious!

He decided to buy me a gift, for a very good reason . .  I accepted it not because I am gift-hungry . . but because it was from him!

If your BF was reading these lines wat would he think? Cos to me this holding on to an ex u have doesn't seem healthy, too many holes for exploitation.

Wat reasons if I may venture to inquire?
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 23, 2009
Lord_Reed:

If your BF was reading these lines wat would he think? Cos to me this holding on to an ex u have doesn't seem healthy, too many holes for exploitation.

I know it appears that way, but it's not!

I'm sorry, but my reasons are kind of . . . personal!
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by smooooooth: 11:01am On Nov 23, 2009
Lord_Reed:

well i am reading it and believe me i dont give a F**k. its just a gift, besides she gets to wear the sexy lingerins to my bed not HIS! tongue
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by SisiKill1: 11:04am On Nov 23, 2009
Lmao @ "accepting gifts like their lives depend on it."

Guess when you date money hungry girls and/or know the only way to get a girl to look your way is buying her things, you start to think every female under the sun is a glutton.

Where in the rule book does it say you always have to be mortal enemies with an ex? Some people are better friends than lovers and it takes maturity to understand this.

Now I know that there are bad break ups where any hope for a simple hi-hello relationship is impossible. . .that's understandable but if that's not the case, then why make enemies when you can be friends?
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by LordReed(m): 11:14am On Nov 23, 2009
smooooooth:

well i am reading it and believe me i dont give a F**k. its just a gift, besides she gets to wear the sexy lingerins to my bed not HIS! tongue

Huh? Ujujoan is smooooooth the BF?
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 23, 2009
smooooooth:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Lord_Reed:

I was wondering the same thing myself undecided

Well, he's not . . at least as far as I know!

Sisi_Kill:

Lmao @ "accepting gifts like their lives depend on it."

Guess when you date money hungry girls and/or know the only way to get a girl to look your way is buying her things, you start to think every female under the sun is a glutton.

Where in the rule book does it say you always have to be mortal enemies with an ex? Some people are better friends than lovers and it takes maturity to understand this.

Now I know that there are bad break ups where any hope for a simple hi-hello relationship is impossible. . .that's understandable but if that's not the case, then why make enemies when you can be friends?

Thanks sisi!

I think there are some basic things that some of these NL guys just dont know! undecided
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by smooooooth: 11:47am On Nov 23, 2009
Lord_Reed:

Amebo, wetin concern u.

Ujujoan:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

I was wondering the same thing myself undecided

Well, he's not . . at least as far as I know!

u need to look farther than u know, then maybe u will know, and careful b4 u shoot ur eyes outta their socket. wink
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by LordReed(m): 11:55am On Nov 23, 2009
smooooooth:

Amebo, wetin concern u.

Ashewo wetin no consign me?!
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by smooooooth: 12:03pm On Nov 23, 2009
Lord_Reed:

Ashewo wetin no consign me?!

grin i dey suspect u o. be like say u get eye for the uju sef cheesy
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 23, 2009
I tot this was about me taking gifts from my ex undecided
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by LordReed(m): 12:27pm On Nov 23, 2009
smooooooth:

grin i dey suspect u o. be like say u get eye for the uju sef cheesy

Ujujoan I guess ur BF has to beat people like smoooooth off with a big stick!

Ujujoan:

I tot this was about me taking gifts from my ex undecided

Sorry to derail ur thread just couldn't resist.
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by TheSeeker(m): 5:52pm On Nov 23, 2009
Ujujoan:

OK first of all, I wasnt 'yapping'. I think I stated it in clear and precisie words. I am friends with my ex and seriously, I dont see why that should be an issue. Like you said, not all relationships are meant to work . . not all romances lead to marriage. I beleive that what we shared was beyond romance and just because it cant go on dosen't mean I have to become strangers with him.

Honestly, I dont give a damn about you do 'personally' with your exes. I have my reasons why I need to remain friends with him and I think my BF should understand that. If he dosen't want to, then I dont think I want to be with him! Yes, it's serious!

He decided to buy me a gift, for a very good reason . . I accepted it not because I am gift-hungry . . but because it was from him! I've turned down a number of gifts, but I can't turn down one from him! And if I decide to buy him one too, I wont even hesitate about it!

I opened this thread because I started wondering if I did right. But after thinking about it, now more than ever, I have no regerets!

Yes, people value gifts (not just women) not because their lives depended on it, but because it's good to know that someone cared enough to bother.

I'm not surprised u decided to take sides with Lexi on this but I think I deserve a little credit to know when my relationships, friendships and associations is likely to put me into trouble. Despite what you guys think, people are not always as scheming and inconsiderate as you imagined them to be. If my BF knows me well enough then he would trust me. If he dosent, well . . . I dont need to overstress the fact that I dont need to be with such a person!

My word means a lot to me and yours should too. If I'm dating you and you have a r/ship with your ex and you tell me I dont have to worry about it . . . I'll beleive you. Because I'd expect the same trust if the tables were turned. If you lied about it, then dont you think you are the one with the problem We are all adults and we have a right to decide who to make friends with, if it means that much to me, I expect my so-called BF to understand!
All of a sudden you're making this seem like I attacked your personality. I was just stating my personal opinion on the issue and what you accept or do doesn't in any way affect me, so why would I want to bother that much to slur your decision? When I said 'yapping' I talked about the general things I've seen, not on NL but outside of it.

This isn't a matter of taking sides with Lexi. Whatever it comes down to, it is what it is. Simply because another man accepts it from his girlfriend doesn't mean I should accept it, in fact, it's best if she keeps it to herself than tell me about it, and if I did see it and ask her and she tells me, it won't bother me an inch. See, there are lots of headaches men give themselves in a relationship. I have learned in the course of the month and some few weeks back that some things aren't really worth it, seriously, you look back into things you do and some issues and you ask yourself if you're sane at all.

If your boyfriend understands why you're still friends with your ex, sure why not, go ahead and do what you gotta do. But if he doesn't support it, then what happens? You break up because you think he doesn't 'trust' you enough to believe you? Well, in my case, most times it doesn't have to do with trust because you know what, I choose to go by what she tells me, I don't dig, it's not my thing to do. Tell me and I'll believe you but when I start to see otherwise I'll be patient enough to see it through and make my decision at the end of the day.

A man that watches out his woman in suspicion, in my opinion, doesn't have anything tangible to do with his time. If she wants to go on a date with her ex, sure let her go; if she wants to hang out with him, let her; if she chooses to even sleep over at his house, let her - only when a man learns how to allow a woman have her freedom can he know peace and if I get the last category where Lexi mentioned that he doesn't give himself headache, I think that's the best category for every man. However, all these I've mentioned should be based on trust and nothing more. . . but there's no denying the fact that men are possessive and not like most women think it's insecurity which was why I said we should draw a fine line between possessiveness and insecurity.

It can also be deduced that when a man is possessive of his woman, either he's a freak, jerk, abuser or he truly loves his woman to that point and women shouldn't misconstrue that with distrust, disbelief or insecurity. That said, as much as I may want to contradict your opinions, I agree with you that we are all adults and should make friends with whoever we choose to and not be chosen friends for.
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by Neyosin: 6:56pm On Nov 23, 2009
Then u are close being Bleep by him again
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 23, 2009
Neyosin:

Then u are close being Bleep by him again

Everything's not about sex dummy!

TheSeeker:

All of a sudden you're making this seem like I attacked your personality. I was just stating my personal opinion on the issue and what you accept or do doesn't in any way affect me, so why would I want to bother that much to slur your decision? When I said 'yapping' I talked about the general things I've seen, not on NL but outside of it.

This isn't a matter of taking sides with Lexi. Whatever it comes down to, it is what it is. Simply because another man accepts it from his girlfriend doesn't mean I should accept it, in fact, it's best if she keeps it to herself than tell me about it, and if I did see it and ask her and she tells me, it won't bother me an inch. See, there are lots of headaches men give themselves in a relationship. I have learned in the course of the month and some few weeks back that some things aren't really worth it, seriously, you look back into things you do and some issues and you ask yourself if you're sane at all.

If your boyfriend understands why you're still friends with your ex, sure why not, go ahead and do what you gotta do. But if he doesn't support it, then what happens? You break up because you think he doesn't 'trust' you enough to believe you? Well, in my case, most times it doesn't have to do with trust because you know what, I choose to go by what she tells me, I don't dig, it's not my thing to do. Tell me and I'll believe you but when I start to see otherwise I'll be patient enough to see it through and make my decision at the end of the day.

A man that watches out his woman in suspicion, in my opinion, doesn't have anything tangible to do with his time. If she wants to go on a date with her ex, sure let her go; if she wants to hang out with him, let her; if she chooses to even sleep over at his house, let her - only when a man learns how to allow a woman have her freedom can he know peace and if I get the last category where Lexi mentioned that he doesn't give himself headache, I think that's the best category for every man. However, all these I've mentioned should be based on trust and nothing more. . . but there's no denying the fact that men are possessive and not like most women think it's insecurity which was why I said we should draw a fine line between possessiveness and insecurity.

It can also be deduced that when a man is possessive of his woman, either he's a freak, jerk, abuser or he truly loves his woman to that point and women shouldn't misconstrue that with distrust, disbelief or insecurity. That said, as much as I may want to contradict your opinions, I agree with you that we are all adults and should make friends with whoever we choose to and not be chosen friends for.

Me I dont see why we are speaking all this grammar sef. I've collected the thing and I've even worn them sef. LOL grin
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by SisiKill1: 7:42pm On Nov 23, 2009
You forgot to add that you enjooooooyed wearing it too.

Hmmmmmm Smacks lips
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 23, 2009
Sisi_Kill:

You forgot to add that you enjooooooyed wearing it too.

Hmmmmmm Smacks lips

Oh yeah, that too! LOL grin
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by Anabel(f): 8:06pm On Nov 23, 2009
come on sis, i will accept, nothing bad at all, na dat type dey sweet to collect, paying back for the time spent with him. grin grin
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by platinumnk(f): 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2009
lol don't mind them! its the same 'possesiveness' that they men also want to posses every other woman, yet you are castizied for being cool with your ex *eye roll*
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by TheSeeker(m): 11:39pm On Nov 23, 2009
Ujujoan:

Me I dont see why we are speaking all this grammar sef. I've collected the thing and I've even worn them sef. LOL grin
Blast on sister, it's all good grin grin
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by brooklyn99: 1:42am On Nov 24, 2009
if the gift was a rolls royce, hell to d yeah.lol grin
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by ovas: 10:29am On Nov 24, 2009
WHY NOT,IS IT NOT A GIFT OR IS IT POISON, SINCE IT A GIFT I WILL RECIEVE IT WITH FULL HEART
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by galatico(m): 12:45pm On Nov 24, 2009
Well it depends on what led to the brake - up
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by Smi1(m): 2:55pm On Nov 25, 2009
anyway, my ex girlfriend bought me some shirts after i broke up with her but finaly she got me back with that same gift so what am trying to say is that something will definately come up after some times it may not be now but in a short time the person will ask for reconsideration :d, I'm not a type of guy you can trick with some shitty stuffs but i found my selg going out with her again.
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by SisiKill1: 4:02pm On Nov 25, 2009
^^^
No, what you are trying to say is that you are an FFF or in this case BFS (Boyfriend for shirt)
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by Smi1(m): 4:54pm On Nov 25, 2009
na you knowwwwwwwwwww oooooooooooooh
Re: Will You Accept A Gift From An Ex? by Youngpo413: 5:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
kellorah: Even if na motor, I won't accept.

hahahaha,it seems the dude hurts you wella.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

He Borrowed A Car For His Wedding And Lost His Wife To The Car Owner. / LMAO! Read This Funny Experience A Guy Had With An Olosho (SNAPSHOTS) / 5 Steps In Winning A Woman's Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.