Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Prayers (part One) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayers (part One) (2274 Views)

There 'll Be Governorship Election Re-run In Nigeria.but Prayers Will Avert / Intercessory Prayers For Nigeria- Let Us Pray For Nigeria / Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prayers (part One) by Wilgrea7(m): 3:48pm On Dec 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

If the same thing happens in other religions which I strongly doubt , then from a Christian perspective their powers are from the wicked one - Satan whose purpose is to deceive people into thinking that have found truth in false religions

2 Corinthians 11:14–15
14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

nice post... but isn't the whole Christian view of all others being the devil and only theirs being of God a lil bit too over the line?? i mean.. its easy to call anyone the devil just to angelify(not an actual word) yourself... but i do like what you said in the end.... the end will correspond.... by their fruits indeed we shall know them... God bless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prayers (part One) by Immorttal: 4:02pm On Dec 29, 2016
Wilgrea7:

nice post... but isn't the whole Christian view of all others being the devil and only theirs being of God a lil bit too over the line?? i mean.. its easy to call anyone the devil just to angelify(not an actual word) yourself... but i do like what you said in the end.... the end will correspond.... by their fruits indeed we shall know them... God bless
thank you bro. i cant explain why the Christians view their god as a deity with supreme monopoly over other gods while other gods or deities are awkwardly labelled the devil or demons. it is a very illogical way of thinking because other Religious denominations thinks the same way about their god.
Re: Prayers (part One) by otemanuduno: 4:21pm On Dec 29, 2016
Wilgrea7:
what makes you feel the Christian God won't answer the prayers of people from other religions?? there are bible verses which talk about the mercy of the Christian God to all... both good and bad.... from your stance, you seem to take the Christian God as not the supreme God... whilst the Christians and Muslims alike take their Gods as the supreme God.

.. i find your arguments interesting... please do well to mention me in the part two
thanks

I thought the Christians said that people in other religions are worshipping 'man-made' god and therefore they are commiting idolatry which is a sin according to the bible. I also thought that they said that Yahweh does not answer the prayers of a sinner. So why can it be Yahweh that's answering their prayers And Pls don't tell me that there are exceptional cases because I thought they also said that Yahweh does not change(although we still don't know why he changed his character in the Old Testament to the one in New Testament sha cheesy just joking anyway).

1 Like

Re: Prayers (part One) by Immorttal: 4:24pm On Dec 29, 2016
otemanuduno:

I thought the Christians said that people in other religions are worshipping 'man-made' god and therefore they are commiting idolatry which is a sin according to the bible. I also thought that they said that Yahweh does not answer the prayers of a sinner. So why can it be Yahweh that's answering their prayers And Pls don't tell me that there are exceptional cases because I thought they also said that Yahweh does not change(although we still don't know why he changed the Old Testament to the New Testament sha cheesy just joking anyway).
whenever a thread like this pops out the Christians on Nairaland goes into AWOL abi na recession, i had been calling them out one by one. wink

1 Like

Re: Prayers (part One) by Immorttal: 4:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
My question remains Who answers our prayers?
Re: Prayers (part One) by Wilgrea7(m): 5:09pm On Dec 29, 2016
otemanuduno:

I thought the Christians said that people in other religions are worshipping 'man-made' god and therefore they are commiting idolatry which is a sin according to the bible. I also thought that they said that Yahweh does not answer the prayers of a sinner. So why can it be Yahweh that's answering their prayers And Pls don't tell me that there are exceptional cases because I thought they also said that Yahweh does not change(although we still don't know why he changed his character in the Old Testament to the one in New Testament sha cheesy just joking anyway).

like i said... I'm here to learn... i want to do less talking and more reading... but i earlier said the Christian God being the universal God in the case of Christians, can show mercy and answer prayers from other religions.. it depends on him... it was just my opinion... i don't know much on the issue and i have the same questions as the op... your answer didn't seem all too rational considering the fact that prayers of some people nowadays cannot be termed as coincidence... i liked the answers of L.oj and S.arassin
Re: Prayers (part One) by otemanuduno: 5:27pm On Dec 29, 2016
Wilgrea7:

like i said... I'm here to learn... i want to do less talking and more reading... but i earlier said the Christian God being the universal God in the case of Christians, can show mercy and answer prayers from other religions.. it depends on him... it was just my opinion... i don't know much on the issue and i have the same questions as the op... your answer didn't seem all too rational considering the fact that prayers of some people nowadays cannot be termed as coincidence... i liked the answers of L.oj and S.arassin
Good to see the bolded. And there was actually a prayer of reversal I did when Goddys prayed and prophesied in the name of Yahweh that I would lose all my belongings and beg for bread, but rather two days later it was himself who begged for money online, displaying his bank account number for TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN TO HELP HIM. I could remember that I prayed a back2sender prayer to NATURE and the UNIVERSE just before that thing reversed to him. So who do you think answered that BACK2SENDER prayer? Is it this same Yahweh whom I actually prayed against his worshipper who prophesied evil?
Re: Prayers (part One) by Wilgrea7(m): 9:00pm On Dec 29, 2016
otemanuduno:
Good to see the bolded. And there was actually a prayer of reversal I did when Goddys prayed and prophesied in the name of Yahweh that I would lose all my belongings and beg for bread, but rather two days later it was himself who begged for money online, displaying his bank account number for TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN TO HELP HIM. I could remember that I prayed a back2sender prayer to NATURE and the UNIVERSE just before that thing reversed to him. So who do you think answered that BACK2SENDER prayer? Is it this same Yahweh whom I actually prayed against his worshipper who prophesied evil?

dis one you're asking me question upandan.... I'm here to learn sir... don't worry... I'll research on the issue and get back to you...
Re: Prayers (part One) by Nobody: 2:04am On Jan 08, 2017
How come threads like this don't get attention but when you see a thread like "Atheists, traditionalists, cartoon stickers, muslims, catholics; YOU ARE ALL DOOMED" or

"Evolution is flawed!";
You tend to see the thread hitting 8 pages.

Why?
Re: Prayers (part One) by Immorttal: 7:35am On Jan 08, 2017
SirWere:
How come threads like this don't get attention but when you see a thread like "Atheists, traditionalists, cartoon stickers, muslims, catholics; YOU ARE ALL DOOMED" or

"Evolution is flawed!";
You tend to see the thread hitting 8 pages.

Why?
Spot on bro!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Matthew 24:34..."this Generation..." Which Generation Was Jesus Referring? / Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies / Pentecostalism And The Wof Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.