Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,892 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication (97234 Views)

Poll: Is pre-marital sex fornication?

Yes: 81% (353 votes)
No: 18% (82 votes)
This poll has ended

Mohammed's Perfect Advise: Pre-marital Sex And Pregnancy / 5 Ways Pre-marital Sex Will Destroy You / Is Fornication Really A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by osegwu(m): 10:30am On Apr 01, 2007
The end will justify the means
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Nobody: 12:22am On Apr 02, 2007
Backslider:

@busygirl

You have not seen anything yet. Wait till you see when they begin to have sex in Church on the stages. And they will call it "practical Christianity"

Shei you say that some people are Extreme Just wait and see.

lol.
God forbid bad things
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by 9ja4eva: 9:18am On Apr 02, 2007
Ha it can happen oh.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by kimba(m): 5:52pm On Apr 02, 2007
I thot this topic was dead.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by 9ja4eva: 8:34pm On Apr 02, 2007
This kain topic no dey die.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by ricadelide(m): 9:21pm On Apr 02, 2007
I'm new to this thread, and its so long, i cant even try to read all the comments.

@ Trini, Now, i read the opening comment by trini, and to her i say, nobody cares about your definitions. If you are concerned about definitions and you want to talk about sin, then look to the bible for the right definition and not to greek lexicons or whatever. if you want to talk about what is wrong according to society, then you can make use of society's definitions.

so, as regards the issue; the bible defines all sexual relationships outside of marriage as sin. whether you call it fornication or premarital sex is your problem. God doesnt care about the nomenclature, he is only concerned about the act. if you try to justify your sin to yourself, fine, there's nothing anybody can do to help you. if you acknowledge your sin, then you can easily repent if you want to.

one thing to understand, which most dont, is that marriage is a covenant. "a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh" the 'one flesh' part does not happen before the joining; the joining (marriage) has to happen first. marriage is sacred. if you take marriage as a sacred covenant between two people then you'd understand why each person has to keep himself for the other. if not, then its left to you to lay your bed the way you want to lie on it.

if you want more scriptural references, i can give you; they are plenty,
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by 9ja4eva: 7:56am On Apr 03, 2007
Exactly.This generation don turn bible upside down.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Reverend(m): 9:26am On Apr 07, 2007
Forget the scriptures, they were written by man to control man.

Sex before, during and after marriage is a wonderful, natural and sensual thing to be enjoyed by us all. You will not go to hell as some of the sin mongers on this site would have you beleive (hell = not having sex)

What you will do is live a wondeful fufilling and complete life,

So get on with it. Have some today and lower your stress levels wink wink wink

Give you girlfriend, lover, wife, husband, boyfriend a little sexual relief this Easter. wink wink
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by mrpataki(m): 3:06pm On Apr 07, 2007
Reverend:

Sex before, during and after marriage is a wonderful, natural and sensual thing to be enjoyed by us all. You will not go to hell as some of the sin mongers on this site would have you beleive (hell = not having sex)

Give you girlfriend, lover, wife, husband, boyfriend a little sexual relief this Easter. wink wink

Dumb Sucker!
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Reverend(m): 3:10pm On Apr 07, 2007
Yes Mr. Pataki

I am sure that the girl that gives you a Mouth Action could be called a

"Dumb Sucker"
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by mrpataki(m): 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2007
Thot your sick ass was banned for life!
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Reverend(m): 3:20pm On Apr 07, 2007
@Slapcrappy

Just shows you how ill informed and how wrong you are (about everything) as usual!
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by mrpataki(m): 3:23pm On Apr 07, 2007
Hope you are much saner now grin undecided
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 8:51pm On Apr 07, 2007
Rev! So you are back! 

You are welcome! Although I'm not sure if I should applaud or lament.  We shall see.
I share in pataki's sentiment in hopes that the shock therapy treatment you had while you were away has done some permanent good to your cerebral cortex.  grin
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by JayBaby1(f): 8:54pm On Apr 07, 2007
hun - some people will say they are trying each other out - test riding - u put the prick inside the pussy b4 the wedding day, then u have committed fornication - may the prick stick inside the pussy as a punishment.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by CrazyMan(m): 9:07pm On Apr 07, 2007
Who says it isn't fornication?
or don't you read your bible properly?
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by iyeyemi: 9:36pm On Apr 07, 2007
The funny thing about religion is that inspite or despite its existence and influence it always runs contrary with the inherent nature of man and we struggle almost in futility to live up to its demands. can anyone really define what keeping the bed undefiled really means.taken as the words read, then we would be saying that sex after marriage is unlawful cause its not saying keep the pre-marriage bed undefiled. I agree that its actually a good thing so dat we dont all go berserk and start to bunk everything in sight, but for a rational person its obvious that its not really a divine law to abstain before marriage
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by 9ja4eva: 11:01am On Apr 08, 2007
Reverend:

Preach dt to someone else.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Reverend(m): 12:11pm On Apr 08, 2007
Have a Happy, Sexually Satisfying, Hot and Kinky Easter wink wink wink
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by tega78(f): 1:15pm On Apr 08, 2007
Whether or not pre-marital sex is fornication, whether or not pre-marital sex is a sin, it is still WRONG for all sorts of moral reasons.

I am not deeply religoius myself, but i'd feel quite disgusted with myself if i had to give my body to every man i dated, I'd rather wait to give myself to my husband.

Strong self-respecting women who gladly wait

The greatest gift a man can give his new wife is a ring on her finger, his name andf his complete love (ie gettiing married) , the greatest gift a woman can give her new husband is her complete love and her undefiled body
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 3:49pm On Apr 08, 2007
fairy tale rubbish
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by busygirl(f): 5:04pm On Apr 08, 2007
@trini girl, stick with your belief and stop condemning others about what they feel it's right, If you believe it's right go ahead, it doesn't bother anyone, it's your business!
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 9:30pm On Apr 08, 2007
busygirl:

@trini girl, stick with your belief and stop condemning others about what they feel it's right, If you believe it's right go ahead, it doesn't bother anyone, it's your business!

apparantly the princple of not condemning others only applies for those who share the same views here.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 08, 2007
trini_girl:

fairy tale rubbish

There are some of us who still respect women who hold unto such "fairy tale rubbish".

tega78:

Whether or not pre-marital sex is fornication, whether or not pre-marital sex is a sin, it is still WRONG for all sorts of moral reasons.

I am not deeply religoius myself, but i'd feel quite disgusted with myself if i had to give my body to every man i dated, I'd rather wait to give myself to my husband.

Strong self-respecting women who gladly wait

The greatest gift a man can give his new wife is a ring on her finger, his name andf his complete love (ie gettiing married) , the greatest gift a woman can give her new husband is her complete love and her undefiled body

God bless you. You'd make a man proud someday. wink
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Reverend(m): 9:49pm On Apr 08, 2007
I think it is a personal choice and people should be free to decide. There is no rule, just do what you think is right!

If you want to wait then fine, if you do not then that is also fine.

Listen to your inner voice and shut out the sin mongers!
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Seun(m): 9:57pm On Apr 08, 2007
My inner voice tells me that sex is mostly not worth all the trouble and the risks if one hasn't found the right person.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Reverend(m): 10:06pm On Apr 08, 2007
The right person will come along one day soon wink

I can not say who that will be, but you will notice her and then the troubles will really start grin grin
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 08, 2007
Seun:

My inner voice tells me that sex is mostly not worth all the trouble and the risks if one hasn't found the right person.

for once i agree with you 100%
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 10:28pm On Apr 08, 2007
davidylan:

There are some of us who still respect women who hold unto such "fairy tale rubbish".

God bless you. You'd make a man proud someday. wink

Give me a break! I wonder why people in this day and age still choose to be so hypocritical.

Men would love for every woman to be a virgin so she won't have anyone to compare his inadequacies to  grin

The unfortunate thing is that men don't realise that sex does not make a woman. It's just a part of her.  A woman who is in touch with her sexuality makes a much better partner.  God help men who complain that all their wife likes to do is lie on her back because anything else will make her a prostitute.   undecided
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 10:32pm On Apr 08, 2007
Reverend:

I think it is a personal choice and people should be free to decide. There is no rule, just do what you think is right!

If you want to wait then fine, if you do not then that is also fine.

Listen to your inner voice and shut out the sin mongers!

Yes Rev I agree.  But religion has made women victims, and men foolish! God forbid that you give yourself to every man you date, but when your heart tells you it's right then it's your choice. 

The man will take the virginity of 100 women and it's no big deal.  A woman will sleep with one man that she was in love with and committed to, and all of a sudden her virtue is questioned.  she is "defiled".  Rubbish.

Go look up the meaning of the word "defiled" and start thinking for yourself abeg.

I am not talking about empty promiscuous sexual encounters here. Seun is right, sex isn't worth it if there is no emotion or love.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by TayoD(m): 10:40pm On Apr 08, 2007
@trini_girl,

Seun is right, sex isn't worth it if there is no emotion or love.

I will take this a little further. Sex isn't worth it if done outside the confines of marriage. Hebrews 13:4 Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 08, 2007
trini_girl:

Give me a break! I wonder why people in this day and age still choose to be so hypocritical.

Men would love for every woman to be a virgin so she won't have anyone to compare his inadequacies to  grin

The unfortunate thing is that men don't realise that sex does not make a woman. It's just a part of her.  A woman who is in touch with her sexuality makes a much better partner.  God help men who complain that all their wife likes to do is lie on her back because anything else will make her a prostitute.   undecided

Everyone is entitled to their oppinions, it does not make them hypocrites.
Since when did it become a hard and fast rule for everone that a woman "in touch with her sexuality" makes a better partner? What happened to your "sex does not make a woman"?
What defines a woman "in touch with her sexuality"? Is a virgin out of touch with her sexuality simply because she chooses to remain so?

As far as we know, there are no statistics that prove women who indulge in pre-marital sex in "loving" relationships are much better partners sexually.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (30) (Reply)

From TB Joshua's Church, Don't Be Deceived By Emmanuel TV Go And See, Its Fake! / This Is Apostle Suleman's Nude Photo - Stephanie Otobo Says / Former Catholic Reverend Sister Weds A Policeman (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.