Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,602 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

The Difference Between Admission On Jamb & That On School Website - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Difference Between Admission On Jamb & That On School Website (4359 Views)

A Nairalander's Perspective On "School Na Scam" / Differences Between Admission On JAMB Caps And Your School Of Choice Admission / Jamb To Announce Cut-off Marks For 2017 Admission On August 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference Between Admission On Jamb & That On School Website by Sheriffusoro(m): 3:21pm On Dec 30, 2016
I have been admitted on Jamb website or portal but not on my school portal or website.
Jamb has given me admission but my school have not yet given me admission.
What’s the difference between Jamb admission list and school admission list?
Is it good to get admission in Jamb website but not yet on the school website?
These are questions and concerns that has been raised by many people who has seen they admission on Jamb website but on the school portal or website, they are still seeing Not admitted or No admission is given yet or Admission still in progress.

Here is this article, I will be given an answer to clarify your doubt on whether jamb admission list is genuine or how the admission is been given.

What Is The Difference Between Jamb Admission And School Admission
To answer it simply, there is no difference.
Why?
Look at how the admission processes are been done.

Stage 1. People will register for Jamb during Jamb registration and all they details will be stored on Jamb website concerning the school and course they chose during registration .

Stage 2. When the time for Postume arrives, Jamb will then compile the names of those that applied in each school and send them to each of the Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education involved.

Stage 3. Each school will then use those names and conduct postutme or screening as the case may be.

Stage 4. Schools will now compile the names of those that perform well in they screening which they have considered for admission or have given admission and send it to Jamb.

Last Stage. Jamb will now upload those names sent to them by the school on they portal so that candidates can be able to print they admission letter.

Those are the steps involved in given admission which in essence means that all admission that was uploaded on Jamb website came from the school in question.

Jamb doesn’t give admission, but rather send names to school for admission.
http://sculyarn..com.ng/2016/12/the-difference-between-admission-on.html?m=1

Re: The Difference Between Admission On Jamb & That On School Website by donkossy(m): 4:39pm On Dec 30, 2016
thanks alot

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Admission On Jamb & That On School Website by LordIsaac(m): 4:59pm On Dec 30, 2016
Tor...if you say so.
Re: The Difference Between Admission On Jamb & That On School Website by youngsahito(m): 1:56am On Dec 24, 2017
my sis has been given admission on jamb site but the school site is saying "No Admission Found".what can we do?
Re: The Difference Between Admission On Jamb & That On School Website by OneTechie: 2:31pm On May 19, 2019
youngsahito:
my sis has been given admission on jamb site but the school site is saying "No Admission Found".what can we do?

Your sister will eventually be offered admission on the school portal sooner.

The summary of what happened here is that JAMB is faster to upload the list on CAPS than the school. The school will also do that in time.

The post below explains that more professionally
https://www.schoolcontents.info/2018/10/admission-given-on-jamb-caps-but-not-on.html

(1) (Reply)

Texas College Students Can Now Carry Gun On Campus, Prof Wears Armour To Protest / 3 Sins Every Pregnant Woman Is Guilty Of / Resumption In September What Do U Think?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.