Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,979 members, 7,810,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly (43960 Views)

Bagco, Who Got The Mail? / How True Is This Invitation,got The Mail Today.. Pls Did Anyone Get This As Well / A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by Goldenheart(m): 8:44am On Dec 31, 2016
tongue
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by Ishilove: 8:45am On Dec 31, 2016
mackmanuel:
This is getting so stale
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by Opakan2: 8:46am On Dec 31, 2016
Scam!

she should visit the school to confirm or call the management office
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by samazagudu(m): 8:47am On Dec 31, 2016
I think what you can do is that, go to their office and make an enquiry but don't send to them anything.
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by domopps(m): 8:48am On Dec 31, 2016
Pure scam!

Cheeeers
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by mantosa(m): 8:48am On Dec 31, 2016
This is so wrong from every angle

- No employer will EVER ask you to pay for employment.

Obviously a mischievous person is trying to take advantage. Even middle men now charges employers to help get them capable hands for smployment not applicants paying employers.

Op kindly advise your friend to RUN *in Olivia Pope's father voice"

Ochek:
If the payment is going to be made to the management then I see no scam in it. It's the management and not some personal account. Ask your friend to be patient as advised and when the time comes should proceed to the management to authenticate the info and make payments. Dazol

1 Like

Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by pricipal2003(m): 8:53am On Dec 31, 2016
babseg:
Just ask to deduct the 5k from your first salary
nice one
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by mzzhavilah(f): 8:54am On Dec 31, 2016
Cheap scam
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by Jokkarm: 8:59am On Dec 31, 2016
No genuine organisation will ask you to pay money before they employ you . Your email is a scam , may be a scammer got access to your email . I will surgest you print the email and go to that office , show them what you got and you came to confirm because you dnt understand .
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by paparazzi1987(m): 9:00am On Dec 31, 2016
I don't think AWE town has any polytechnic running. Did the op conduct the interview at the polytechnic campus or in an arranged office ?
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by legendte(m): 9:00am On Dec 31, 2016
blackestboy:

as in you're sooo correct. My other concern is for other people who got this same mail. Any official mail ought to have been an official email account and should carry the school's logo or sth
You are right but that is not obtainable in the country.

My statement of result is an embarrassment to me.
It has my VC's email address with @yahoo.com.

I was scrutinised when I presented it outside the shores of Nigeria.
Smh for my country
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by Jokkarm: 9:03am On Dec 31, 2016
No organisation will request for money , at least I have gotten jobs in three company even as a contract staff nobody will ask for money .
If they ask for money that means they are hungry , they can't even pay salaries when is time to pay
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 31, 2016
babseg:
Just ask to deduct the 5k from your first salary
You hit the nail on the head.
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by Kdon2: 9:08am On Dec 31, 2016
blackestboy:
Hello NLers...
I got a call from a friend who had an interview at Awe Poly, Oyo state and I was quite skeptical about the nature of the mail she said she received from them. Is this process right or could someone be trying to scam her and a host of others who sis the same interview? Check screenshot below:

Scam
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by mahyowah(m): 9:11am On Dec 31, 2016
blackestboy:
Hello NLers...
I got a call from a friend who had an interview at Awe Poly, Oyo state and I was quite skeptical about the nature of the mail she said she received from them. Is this process right or could someone be trying to scam her and a host of others who sis the same interview? Check screenshot below:

Pls tell your friend to forward the mail to Efcc
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by Olakunleola: 9:21am On Dec 31, 2016
Big scammmm.... shine ur eye ooooooo.
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by bakry86: 9:23am On Dec 31, 2016
and where is awe poly in oyo state if i may ask. i've never heard of that before, eventhough i live in oyo st.
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by babyfaceafrica: 9:24am On Dec 31, 2016
And a graduate will fall for this cheap scam?.....so cheap!!!!...which organization collects money before givinng you appointment?
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by jerrymej(m): 9:24am On Dec 31, 2016
Dear Management,

I Dare you to deduct the sum of #5,000 from my first earns/salary.

Signed
The Applicant.
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by ustavo(m): 9:34am On Dec 31, 2016
Run like this
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by nextprince: 9:35am On Dec 31, 2016
tafrica:
scam.
Perhaps someone somewhere that had access to you details during the interview carried out this act.
Don't pay to collect your offer letter, na scam.
Good luck in your job search and to all of us.

Not that way sister, there are several ways he can find out if that message is coming from the poly, cos it will be rather risky to just assume that every money-demanding incoming message is a scam.
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by Dvampire(m): 9:47am On Dec 31, 2016
It's obviously a scam. Don't pay attention to it.
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by phemmyfour: 9:47am On Dec 31, 2016
LastMumu:
Under no condition should anyone have to pay to be employed into any organisation, no matter how little the money is. Like why the _fuck would I even pay you to employ me?

Stop fucking using cuss words, it is bad manners. The year is just about to end and a new one is around the corner, change your ways. angry
Some pay as much as 400-500k to get jobs in fed parastatal
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by gurunlocker: 10:16am On Dec 31, 2016
There's nothing like Awe polytechnic, they only have a proposed site which is not functioning yet..... I'm sure they arranged the interview if you did go, they will only scam you.
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by Rogo: 10:18am On Dec 31, 2016
Please run for your life, they are scam i guess.
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by Orpe7(m): 10:18am On Dec 31, 2016
saxwizard:
let me guess they email ....awepoly@gnail.com

if I say something now my oga at the top will say another thing l

ll

Thw email is a scam joor. Why not awepoly.edu soemthing like that
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by zicoraads: 10:37am On Dec 31, 2016
Iceeydee:
Pure scam! Please be wise.
Na wa ooooo. This your offence huge ooo cheesy tongue
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by bamasite(m): 11:26am On Dec 31, 2016
PURE UNADULTERATED SCAM

IQs get boosted for free here: www.puzzlesplanet..com
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by musicwriter(m): 12:22pm On Dec 31, 2016
Jokkarm:
No genuine organisation will ask you to pay money before they employ you . Your email is a scam , may be a scammer got access to your email . I will surgest you print the email and go to that office , show them what you got and you came to confirm because you dnt understand .

The most likely scenario is a scammer have access to the email of the school, but they're not aware. That's assuming the school is not running the scam itself.

I once went to First bank to open a card account, and after obtaining the card I decided to call one info line on their customer service desk. When I called the person at the other end asked all sorts of information, including the FULL number of the card and PIN codes. At that point I knew immediately their phone line was either hacked or an insider is involved. Well, I gave him all the info cause I just opened that account with little money, and being the type of person I' am, I also wanted to confirm my suspicion. I went back immediately to the customer service to add SMS alerts, they said SMS not allowed on card account- another red flag.

Later my suspicion was confirmed as I couldn't give account of about N5,000 from my initial deposit. What they don't know is that I only needed the card for some online payment. So, I made the payment and never used the account ever again. The only way I will use that account again would be if I change the card. Someone inside or outside of the bank have the card information.
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by toocoded: 12:53pm On Dec 31, 2016
He/she may contact the organization directly via phone for confirmation
Re: See The Mail That Was Sent To My Friend After Her Interview At Awe Poly by spycamera: 1:39pm On Dec 31, 2016
Scam!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

17 Best-paying Jobs In Nigeria / N-Power Test: What's Your Score? / glo Customer Care

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.